It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Emotions boiling over: media releases map of Texas gun owners.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   

This is outrageous, how dare they!

This puts every gun owner in Texas at risk. These legal gun owners now become targets for criminals and violates their privacy!

Whos with me!? Arggggggghhhhhhhhh!

edit on 5-3-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

I see what you did there...

..and I approve.

Let the media and politicians get the scared masses worked up. Gun confiscation will not work in this country. Especially not Texas.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Funny, but I doubt the Progressive utopia of Austin has many gun owners. Anyway, this will get moved to the "joke" section in a minute

edit on 5-3-2013 by OptimusSubprime because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Wow, none? I don't see a single red dot.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I would imagine it would be an easier map to read and much simpler if they just listed the Texas households that did not have a gun! Except Austin of course.........

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

Well, clearly I was being sarcastic.

But the issue that I'm addressing is very real so I hope they'll let the thread stay.

NJ even has a current Bill which forbids the public release of gun owner info. At-least they got something right.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   

the company I work for is home based in Austin. Trust me....just because it is much more liberal doesn't make it any less armed.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere

Well, clearly I was being sarcastic.

But the issue that I'm addressing is very real so I hope they'll let the thread stay.

NJ even has a current Bill which forbids the public release of gun owner info. At-least they got something right.

I know... that is a pretty funny map, and what's even funnier is that for the most part it's true

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   

In my household there are 4 people. At night there are 4 loaded guns within arms reach of 4 beds. Including the bed of the 15 year old.

Since we do rental properties, and have had to evict some less than savory people over the years, we take the "rather be safe than sorry" approach to home defense.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

In my household there are 4 people. At night there are 4 loaded guns within arms reach of 4 beds. Including the bed of the 15 year old.

Since we do rental properties, and have had to evict some less than savory people over the years, we take the "rather be safe than sorry" approach to home defense.

Nothing wrong with that... I sleep with a Ruger SR40c less than a foot from my head. Between my security doors and windows, alarm system and three dogs, I'll know someone is trying to get in the house in plenty of time.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

So there is one in house in Texas without guns? What the fuhell?........lol oh nvm, it was a stuck pixel, thats better.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I trained people in firearms in Texas for over 29 years. There are literally 10,000 Texans that I trained in firearms. I am not that active in the training scene so I am betting that there are at least 10,000,000 firearms owners in Texas at least. That should be a conservative estimate.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 01:14 AM
link   
I understand Texas has some Great No Trespassing Signs.

My personnel favorite is,,,,,

Reminds me of the old saying, , There's no sense running, You'll only die tired!
edit on 6-3-2013 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by guohua

The last sign indicates a 50 Cal semi auto. I am thinking this says you might as well let us know who you are since we have you sighted in at half a mile. Be nice or we will demonstrate our range for you.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by endats01
reply to post by guohua

The last sign indicates a 50 Cal semi auto. I am thinking this says you might as well let us know who you are since we have you sighted in at half a mile. Be nice or we will demonstrate our range for you.

It say's,,, turn around and exit the same way you came in!
I give no warning shots and no second chances.
Now if the trespassers have been educated in our Public School System, they more than likely can not read!

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   

They may have some issues retreating into California
edit on 6-3-2013 by circuitsports because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
My favorite sign has always been the one our neighbor has on a gate between his ranch and ours. It says "Trespassers will be Violated". Frankly I'd prefer the .50 to that! I think some of our hunters had trouble figuring out where our property ended and his began years ago.
edit on 6-3-2013 by Ollie769 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
TX is just one large roach motel.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime
Funny, but I doubt the Progressive utopia of Austin has many gun owners. Anyway, this will get moved to the "joke" section in a minute

edit on 5-3-2013 by OptimusSubprime because: (no reason given)

I beg to differ. I'm an Austinite. The only people here without a gun are people who've moved here from Ohio or California. Half of the cars on my daily commute are from one of those two horrible states. That being said, Austin's Travis County and El Paso's El Paso County are the only two counties in all of Texas that show up on the political district map as Democratic...two little specs of blue in a sea of red.

Most Texans, even here in Austin, are packing real heat...not pea-shooters.
edit on 7-3-2013 by Xterrain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   
just noticed it was a joke heh, the picture came up like a red x ^^
edit on 7-3-2013 by ~widowmaker~ because: ferrets

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join