It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Personal Defence Weapon Thats Just As Affective As FireArms

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Too bad they're so inaccurate but I could see a use for the pepper balls if you wanted to flush someone out of a contained area like a room. Do they make any paint balls with glow in the dark paint? I was wondering what to do with my paintball stuff since I don't play anymore. Think I'll hang on to it to see what develops but rest assured in case of real emergency I'll be reaching for old Mossy first.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
fill with zombie flame deterrent and... or knockout agent interesting

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I think some aren't reading the responses I made as I never said it wasn't a viable option, Thanks for the assumption MOD now go back and check my responses~

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
Too bad they're so inaccurate but I could see a use for the pepper balls if you wanted to flush someone out of a contained area like a room. Do they make any paint balls with glow in the dark paint? I was wondering what to do with my paintball stuff since I don't play anymore. Think I'll hang on to it to see what develops but rest assured in case of real emergency I'll be reaching for old Mossy first.

if you had a paintball apparatus mounted to your mossy, you could waste pepper balls and skull crackers and lure your adversary out in the open for that nitromag he/she so desperately invites

IE:expensive ammo saver

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by sulaw
reply to post by Gazrok

I think some aren't reading the responses I made as I never said it wasn't a viable option, Thanks for the assumption MOD now go back and check my responses~

Chill bro. He didn't say anything out of line, or insulting. Just making a point.

On-topic: I can definitely see some uses for something like this, especially if you didn't want to do the permanent damage a .50 caliber air gun would do.
edit on 3/5/2013 by Klassified because: My bad. Didn't see the quote.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
If your shooting an attacker and it milk shakes meaning one paint ball explodes in the barrel then you have to take the barrel off and clean it out. Also a milk shaked. Pepper ball will literally back fire on you.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
With the development of new shot gun slug design that have rifling built right in, you could do the same thing with a arrow razor with a dart shaft, that you could thread on to a ramrod and feed down the barrel until it was properly seated then released with a twist on the ramrod like a screw.. or just ram it down the barrel if you were so inclined

These dart razors would most definitely be accurate as hunting arrows with current bow technology ,with even more velocity as one, so i would say it would be something to test and market and have a greater defense purpose and kill potential

Here's some first strike sniper ammo for paint guns..kinda interesting and gives you an idea what i was suggesting

www.discountpaintball.com... _d_630_d_00804&gclid=COmxr-rI5rUCFVSVMgodiloAUw
edit on 5-3-2013 by SPECULUM because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by starfoxxx
If your shooting an attacker and it milk shakes meaning one paint ball explodes in the barrel then you have to take the barrel off and clean it out. Also a milk shaked. Pepper ball will literally back fire on you.

But not solid skull crackers

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by SPECULUM

Originally posted by jibeho
Death by paint ball gun? What a cruel way to die. The poor guy had 450 welts all over his body before he curled up to die. Death by contusion and internal bleeding...
I see the potential that you speak of. But you'll have to crank up that muzzle velocity somehow.

I'll stick with my old Hungarian .22 air rifle. That old dog still pumps out 800-900 fps. If I tune it up and switch to pba ammo I could get 1000 fps. The more power rifles will give you up to 1600fps. Enough to take down a small wild hog.

you should always consider you have one shot with your pellet gun before reload and charge, and with these pain ball guns you can just keep a rippen at your target until they can take no more

For my rifle you are correct. But, air rifles have evolved just as paint ball guns have.. This one runs about $1000 and can go full auto.

I still prefer my conventional weapons for lethal force.
edit on 5-3-2013 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by SPECULUM

Death by paint ball gun? What a cruel way to die. The poor guy had 450 welts all over his body before he curled up to die. Death by contusion and internal bleeding...
I see the potential that you speak of. But you'll have to crank up that muzzle velocity somehow.

I'll stick with my old Hungarian .22 air rifle. That old dog still pumps out 800-900 fps. If I tune it up and switch to pba ammo I could get 1000 fps. The more power rifles will give you up to 1600fps. Enough to take down a small wild hog.

you should always consider you have one shot with your pellet gun before reload and charge, and with these pain ball guns you can just keep a rippen at your target until they can take no more

For my rifle you are correct. But, air rifles have evolved just as paint ball guns have.. This one runs about $1000 and can go full auto.

I still prefer my conventional weapons for lethal force.

that really cool, thanks
i say you can never have too many alternatives, especially when everything that's going on this country with gun control, so i welcome anything that puts a new or different perspective on my survival

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SPECULUM

While we're on this fun topic check this out.

.357 145 grain air rifle that is also a repeater. No bolt action. Scratch that it is bolt action.

Behold. I first saw this at Shot Show a couple of years ago

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   

"You'll put your eye out (kid)." A Christmas Story
I dont know about "deadly".....but they sure look scary.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   

While we're on this fun topic check this out.

.357 145 grain air rifle that is also a repeater. No bolt action. Scratch that it is bolt action.

Behold. I first saw this at Shot Show a couple of years ago

that would definitely smart if you got shot in the arse with that monster

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by sulaw
Actually a light polymer with the same texture as Paintballs poured solid would probably be as effective as the bean bag gun's police use.

Well, I've been hit by a paint ball and I've been hit by a 12 gauge bean bag round. I volunteered to take one (with a ballistic vest on BTW) to demonstrate their effectiveness during some Army training. I was skeptical.

When I woke up I wasn't so skeptical....

I had a bruise for several weeks and some pain for several days.

Paint ball rounds leave a little welt the size of a golf ball and can break the skin if you have your system ratcheted up a little like the hotdogs like to do at the paintball ranges. They doo hurt and I can see how it'd be better than nothing if you say lived in England (if you can even have them there); however, I have never been knocked down or out by one though.

I guess using a polymer that didn't break would necessarily transfer more impact to the soft tissue because it wouldn't break. It would be worth trying for someone with the right tools.

I don't play paintball anymore or I'd try it out. I mean one could easily make a mold for a hard rubber round.

My concern would be expansion and tolerance in heat and cold in the caliber. I tended to get (especially with cheap balls) a lot of jamming in my guns which at the time were pretty expensive. The measurements and the mold would have to be pretty precise to guarantee no jams.

Someone should try it out if they are a paint ball person.

ETA: Actually, last time I played paintball was over 15 years ago. These platforms if nothing else have a huge intimidation factor. I mean they l look real enough and as I said if you can make your setting as hard as possible they can break the skin. To someone with melee only capabilities this standoff range alone would be pretty good against all but the do or die type foe. Hungry people will do many things but honestly I'd have to be pretty damn hungry to stand there and get pelted repeatedly by one of those paint ball guns. After a full day in the field I'd have some pretty good welts – I think it would be a fair deterrent to the casual group or individual. Hard core criminal gangs are not going to be intimidated but thankfully they are rare. As I recall there were assholes who would damn near freeze their paint balls making it harder so it would hurt more by placing them in coolers.
edit on 5/3/2013 by Golf66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
As a Canadian I could sort of see this working if I absolutely needed it to..

Personally I don't need a gun cause I practice situational awareness and Jeet Kune Do.

But if I were American...i'd have like 10.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   

I'm pretty sure I've seen the IDF use these in riot control situations in Palestine instead of live rounds.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by redshoes

I'm pretty sure I've seen the IDF use these in riot control situations in Palestine instead of live rounds.

Didn't they have them when they first fast roped onto the deck of that boat a while back? The one where the IDF dude got dragged off and beaten up. Heck might have been dead I can't remember. I'll see if I can't find a link as I recall they went in with paintball guns and non-lethal stuff at first.

Yeah, the Gazza Flotilla thing...

Israel's military has acknowledged mistakes in the boarding of a Gaza-bound aid ship, including using the wrong intelligence and sending soldiers onto the ship armed with paintball guns.

Israel's storming of the pro-Palestinian aid ships left nine people dead and sparked an international outcry.

www.abc.net.au...

edit on 5/3/2013 by Golf66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 06:36 AM
link   
The moment you start opening up with this ridiculous paintball gun on an attacker with a real gun, you won't know what hit you.

You are inferiour in each and every regard: Range, accuracy, stoping power, and I do not even want to call it "penetration energy" because it is null.

Even though the idea of filling some projectiles with capsaicin / Chili does have something interesting to it I admit. This might indeed suffice to stop an attacker armed with a knife or just fists.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   
A few years ago, while playing paintball with friends, in a place built for that, I was shot from 30+ feet, right on the jaw. It was like being burned with a hot iron.
The next morning, I looked like half my face had met Mike Tyson...

But on the same day, a girl on my team was shot right behind the head from 6 feet away. She was knocked out for a few minutes and was out of the game for the remaining of the day, and had a headache still the next morning.

So yes, as a "deterrent", these "toys" could be helpful...

And they really look bad a$$!!!

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   
The world is realizing the extreme power of those South Korean Big-Bore air rifles now on the market.

3,000 PSI air tanks you recharge with a scuba tank air compressor. They will put a 50 caliber lead ball straight through concrete blocks. Straight thru coconuts. Guys are now using "sabots" and shooting smaller solid copper bullets and getting even higher velocities / energy.

They are surpassing firearm ballistics. It's the new toy to have. All you need is a 110 volt outlet to recharge it.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join