Personal Defence Weapon Thats Just As Affective As FireArms

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
jawbreakers, work great in your average paintball gun, and if you freeze them, they shatter on impact into little sharp slivers. try em!
edit on 6-3-2013 by lordpiney because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   

I think some aren't reading the responses I made as I never said it wasn't a viable option, Thanks for the assumption MOD now go back and check my responses~

Yes, you did say that...in the quoted example I cited in my first post in this thread. You said all it would do is tick somebody off. No assumption here.

Your quote:

I see this doing absolutly nothing to a intruder except piss them off you got paint on them ^_^ but i'm up to see where you take this so have it at~

I somehow failed to see that comment as a ringing endorsement...my bad I suppose.

jawbreakers, work great in your average paintball gun, and if you freeze them, they shatter on impact into little sharp slivers. try em!

I would not recommend this. Jawbreakers come in various sizes, and you'd need to get the right size or it could jam. The other thing is the candy shell, in the heat, this will melt, and get everything in your gun sticky (and a pain to clean). Freezing paintballs is an old trick, but the problem there is expansion (again causing jams), and the condensation from them thawing. The Skullbreaker type rounds don't have any of these complications though. As for accuracy, the added weight will likely make these fly a bit straighter (though reducing the range), plus, many markers can fire at the rate of a semi or full automatic, making it likely some will hit.
edit on 6-3-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Paintball gun vs. Firearm in a direct conflict is no contest at all. Paintball teaches use of concealment not cover, cover being that which will stop a round from a firearm.

I played tournament paintball for 5 years or so and have an intimate knowledge of tactics used on paintball fields - in real world most of those will result in quick death if you are against a decently competent firearm user.

I was team sniper and regularly hit from 100 yards out with a custom pump gun and specially prepared paintballs, it was almost like feild artillery lobbing those shots over from the flank or rear as our skirmishers advanced. I outranged all short barrel paintball pistols and semi-autos as return fire landed short. If however the return fire was from a fire arm I would be dead meat.

The one exception I see would be to fairly quietly incapcitate an isolated sentry from patrol or post with a well placed shot from close range inside of 10 yards using a tweaked painball gun or high performance air rifle.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Phoenix

I played tournament paintball for 5 years or so and have an intimate knowledge of tactics used on paintball fields - in real world most of those will result in quick death if you are against a decently competent firearm user.

That's why so many ex military get their butts handed to them at paintball. They have to unlearn everything they were taught. Sparse foliage can give great cover in paintball, whereas a firearm would take them out. They are so used to taking hard cover, then they can't hit the guy behind foliage.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

I think you are severly underestimating the force of a hard marble paintball hitting you at 300 plus feet per second. The skull crackers are not your traditional paint ball that just breaks when they hit something hard.

I am 100% positive you could supress an attackers without special gear on with a gun that can stream hard marbles at those speeds.

We are talking about fully automatic with hundreds of rounds hard as a rock coming at you at 300 feet per second and a nice large air tank to keep the power consistant and not run out.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
reply to post by SPECULUM

With the price of ammo these day, and no end in sight. The first person who comes up with a cheap ammo to use in paint guns...will be rich....

If there were a cost effective alternative to the paint balls to load them with...I'd buy one.....

Des

gobstoppers... been using them in paintball guns for years

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by knowledgedesired
reply to post by sulaw

I think you are severly underestimating the force of a hard marble paintball hitting you at 300 plus feet per second. The skull crackers are not your traditional paint ball that just breaks when they hit something hard.

I am 100% positive you could supress an attackers without special gear on with a gun that can stream hard marbles at those speeds.

We are talking about fully automatic with hundreds of rounds hard as a rock coming at you at 300 feet per second and a nice large air tank to keep the power consistant and not run out.

Great observation

Exactly what i was attempting to relay, and with special valve and air tanks you could exceed 300 feet per second, making them deadly. could you imagine getting hit in the head with a mouse ball traveling at even 100 feet per second? it would crush your cranium

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
reply to post by Phoenix

That's why so many ex military get their butts handed to them at paintball. They have to unlearn everything they were taught. Sparse foliage can give great cover in paintball, whereas a firearm would take them out. They are so used to taking hard cover, then they can't hit the guy behind foliage.

I actually played with several Vietnam vets who were deadly in paintball using the original 5 shot pistols, their use of concealment not cover was scary as they'd pop up from the most unlikely of areas not 10 yards out and get a hit with the opposition never seeing their hide. They eschewed semi-auto paint guns as unmanly. I have to respectfully disagree with your opinion on ex-military - maybe you're thinking of the "shoot and scoot" urban warriors of later wars.

You did however touch on my main point of concealment vs cover - hiding behind a thick enough bush will give you time to react and manouver in paintball, do the same in a gunfight and you will find yourself dead or wounded.

And that was my point to the OP when saying paintball guns are an alternative to firearms - my opinion is they are a very poor substitute except for very limited circumstances.

Besides if you are in sparse foliage I can guarantee I'd take you out with the sniper set-up I used in tournament play - reliable 8 inch moa at 100 yards translated to precision (for paintball at the time) 2 inch groupings at 25 yards. I could put the "dime" on you pretty easily.
edit on 6-3-2013 by Phoenix because: add comment

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Or just store your standard paint balls in the freezer! Still won't be lethal, more likely than not. But they will hurt a bit more...

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Phoenix

I actually played with several Vietnam vets who were deadly in paintball using the original 5 shot pistols, their use of concealment not cover was scary as they'd pop up from the most unlikely of areas not 10 yards out and get a hit with the opposition never seeing their hide. They eschewed semi-auto paint guns as unmanly. I have to respectfully disagree with your opinion on ex-military - maybe you're thinking of the "shoot and scoot" urban warriors of later wars.

Definitely the later ones...especially non-sniper type troops. Sure, they adapt, but when they are new to the game, their standard training is against them in paintball.

Also, in paintball, you have sacrifice players, to meet an objective. This concept is alien in the military (of course), so it really trips them up....what do you mean this guy and this guy are to draw fire and get taken out? It's hard for them to grasp...as it is so alien to their training.

Or just store your standard paint balls in the freezer! Still won't be lethal, more likely than not. But they will hurt a bit more...

Yeah they do, but in a hot climate, also gets a lot of water in your gun...and is hell on the inner workings. The point isn't being lethal though, it's to get somebody to not mess with you.

The problem here, is that even a garbage can lid could be an effective shield, so hopefully your target isn't inventive (or you can shoot around it).
edit on 11-3-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
It will do nothing but piss off the assailant oooooorrrrrr it might scare them as they get confused haha. Better to keep a real one at home son.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by lordpiney
edit on 6-3-2013 by lordpiney because: (no reason given)

Until one breaks inside your gun or as it traverses down the smooth bore barrel, and clogs up your paintball gun with candy.

Also, more that a 'special air tank' would be required to to make a factory paintball weapon travel at faster than the one joule (300 feet per second) rate. The pistons, gears and air chamber inside the gun would also need to be upgraded.

At that point, you're talking about a potentially leathal weapon, which is why airhuns with a higher then 1 joule rating are classed as firearms in some juristictions. Might as well get a licence and a more effective and reliable weapon.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Looking for the hottest and hardest hitting 68cal 17.25mm balls on the market that are made in the USA ?.

Ghost chili pepper powder balls over 1miilion SUV.

MB68P glass breakers a 98 grain 6.5 gram rubber coated to size 68cal glass marble

RRB69P resin balls 46grain 3.25 gram rubber coated to size 68cal solid resin ball

RRDB68P 68cal finned resin blow dart

I found them here.

www.alternatebuy.com

I'll be back to add alot a usefull info on this subject as soon as it's compiled

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SPECULUM

The guns are pretty cool and fun to shoot but your comparing apples to oranges here.

COULD they have some defensive capability? maybe..

Would I want my life to depend on one? no.

One guy with a paint ball gun and another with an AK......who do you think goes home that night?

I'll keep my .45 and my 9mm.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   
If you took a thin sheet metal cut it into a cone weld it together smoth the come down stick a nail through the tip of the cone facing forward. \____
/
like this and make sure it fits semi loose in the barrel then just unscrew the barrel and load it in and pow you have a high speed dart that could kill with a head shot or cause serious damage

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Pervius
The world is realizing the extreme power of those South Korean Big-Bore air rifles now on the market.

3,000 PSI air tanks you recharge with a scuba tank air compressor. They will put a 50 caliber lead ball straight through concrete blocks. Straight thru coconuts. Guys are now using "sabots" and shooting smaller solid copper bullets and getting even higher velocities / energy.

There are guys that are going to shooting ranges and picking up once fired 9mm and using "sabots" to fire them again.

What if they used once fired from police shooting ranges. who are the bullets going to be traced to.

The nice thing about these big bore air rifles is no flash when fired. Criminals will never see where they come from.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   

sulaw
reply to post by Destinyone

Agreed~ Glass Marbles would work.... Now i'm thinking of launching some outta my paintball gun to see if it works, gotta test the theory.... Definately not a maiming or killing weapon but you could by yourself some "Runaway" time.

My only concern is that it's air that's projecting the marble or ball bearing and potential will be launched at a slower speed due odd sized barrel to marble size.... Now i'm curious.....

If the size is close, you try a little wheel bearing grease smeared on them, of course, you'd probably have a little change in accuracy and a messy barrel to clean later.

I wonder if you could get glycerin capsules full of coarse salt.... or a mixture of salt and shot/bb's/metal filings etc...ouch!

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Lets see you have a paintball gun and I have a knife. Pop(ow),pop(ow) pop(ow).
Gotcha,chuth,chuth,chuth...THUD.I win.
End of dramatization of why knives still are the best close quarter tool to learn.

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join