It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-government extremist groups increasing, say experts

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Anti-government extremist groups increasing, say experts

www.cnn.com

The number of American "patriot" extremist groups has reached a record level, according to a new study, and experts are warning of a wave of anti-government violence.

A report released Tuesday by the Southern Poverty Law Center counted 1,360 "patriot" extremist groups in 2012 -- up by 7% from 2011. The study defines patriot groups as anti-government militias driven by their fear that authorities will strip them of their guns and liberties.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Here we go, justification for FM 3-39.40, DHS purchases, drones etc ... It is playing out like the script of a movie, the only question is what will be the trigger that ignites this powder keg?

Labeling them as "hate groups" it is getting crazy ...

"They believe the Constitution is being raped. With hate groups, things are going to get worse because they feel like they're in battle," said David Gletty a former FBI informant who spent time undercover with various militia and extremist groups. "It's not surprising with their hatred of President (Barack) Obama that there are even more hate groups out there."

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

I just wonder who all is getting lumped into the "hate group" category?
edit on 5-3-2013 by Tazkven because: (no reason given)

+15 more 
posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Tazkven

I think it's in direct proportion to Anti-American Extremist Government Politicians.....and their rabid followers.

Of course, they are going to use the most fear mongering rhetoric, to portray those who still remember what our Constitution is....

Des

edit on 5-3-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
haha is that suprising. Not all people are going to go along nor agree with the government and thats fair.

What if an anti government group was established when all the great dictators got into power and had their voices heard. Then maybe there wouldnt have been these mad mass slaughters that have happened. I hate these idiots labelling them " hate groups" hate is for losers... people need to stand up for real issues.
edit on 5-3-2013 by FreedomEntered because: (no reason given)

+34 more 
posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Gee, poke a dog with a stick day in and day out and it'll get pissed. Shocked I tell you. Shocked.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomEntered
I hate these idiots labelling them " hate groups" hate is for losers... people need to stand up for real issues.

Expect nothing less from the Southern Poverty Law Center. Everyone is an extremist or terrorist according to them.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
nevermind.

edit on (3/5/1313 by loveguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Its a see saw effect.

People who are against current administration will be the haters, finding every nook and cranny, trying to throw dirt, exaggeration.

When their "team" wins, they will stay quite but this time the losing team will be up in arms, trying to make the new administration look bad.

Rinse and repeat until end of the two party system.

edit on 3/5/2013 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

lol so true

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Tazkven

The government screws the population that happen to be citizens, tax payer and voters and we complain, for complaining about the corruption in government we are tagged anti government extremist.

Don't you love how those that make laws like to find excuses to keep screwing us.

We may be anti government but politicians are mostly corrupted Traitors to the nation this days.

+10 more 
posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Tazkven

This is exactly what a self-fulfilling prophecy is like. Its a reflective reaction system...I'll explain...

A) The government perceives the people as a threat so beefs up its domestic defenses against the people...
B) The people notice the government beef up its domestic defenses and see it as a threat which results in "anti-government" sentiment/beliefs/actions...
C) The government notices B) and which further validates A) exponentially
D) The people notice C) which validates B) exponentially

Until...something happens.

Neither the government nor the people realize their perspective actions are only validating each others beliefs of one another... exponentially until...something happens.

The eye sees everything but itself.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Why do they label them as "extremist"? are there no non extremist anti government groups?
In the government`s eyes every group or person who is anti corrupt government must be an extremist.

I wonder how many veteran organizations are considered to be "extremist" by the government?

The only extremist groups that I see are the groups of lobbyist lobbying the government to take extreme measures to take away more of our rights and turn us into slaves and puppets of the multi national corporations and banksters.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Tazkven

I don't suppose that the brains behind CNN considered the gun grab, NDAA, TSA, drones, and all of the other intrusions into our civil liberties had anything to do with an increase in the numbers of citizens screaming FOUL.

Should we really put much stock into what the SPLC and an FBI spy has to say? I do think that ordinary, law abiding, fair and equal minded people are being labeled terrorists because they see the writing on the wall. Fear mongering from CNN, (MSM at large) and nannies like SPLC is all this is. Total clowns.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tazkven

A report released Tuesday by the Southern Poverty Law Center

Ah the good ole SPLC....
The folks who brought us Hal Turner...

"We make terrorists jobs easy"

edit on 5-3-2013 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Black President with a funny name
+ Conservative AM radio's scare agenda.

My theory is that if the policies were identical but Obama was white
and named Tripp Bristol he would be the most popular president ever.

Obama Care? Simply becomes a patriotic "taking care of our own Act ".
Etc etc

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Im trying to find the link to a thread years ago about a document released by the Virginia state emergency management where it listed all of the major groups it concidered "terrorists".
I remember thinking how absurd it was to have ACORN, PETA, and religous groups on a watchlist....

Might take me a minute but ill dig it up.

Also, here is an interesting thread from march of 2011 in regards to to some of the causes we might see.
3 coming false flags
Interesting to see that 2 of the 3 are already in play. Guess which one is left to play out...

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by sealing

You dont know Obama has a white mother?.. He isnt white or black. Hes of Mixed ethnicity .

Just for the record.

And besides this I dont think the issue is only an american one.
You have other countries and continents of the world who have equal validity of being anti government at certain points .
edit on 5-3-2013 by FreedomEntered because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I find it somewhat weird that these groups are being called "hate groups". They appear to be groups of people who are concerned about the direction in which thier government is taking the country they love, are concerned about the idea that the way of life they have been taught is thier birth right, might be erroded beyond thier recognition, without any consultation. These are concerns echoed all over the developed world, as the power of the money markets is exerted on governments, producing effects in a nation that no one within it was happy with, or has any control to avert.

Surely a hate group would be a group whose sole purpose, and credo, has to do with promoting a xenophobic manifesto, aimed against one of ,or all ethnic minority groups. These two things are very different. One cannot call a group which desires to retain national identity a hate group. One can call it a "respect for your ancestors, and for the sacrifices made in the name of you and yours, by those that came before you" group, and at worst a patriot militia group, but a hate group?

I find it somewhat laughable really. The attempt to associate these groups with the various white supremacist groups of old seems a little transparent in my opinion. Not every group of determined hold outs against the foolishness of so called "progress" is violently opposed to people with different skin tones and religous convictions after all. The ones being dealt with in this article appear to have genuine political thinking, rather than the knuckle dragging Nazism that one is automatically put in mind of, when one is using terms like "hate group".

What awful propegandism.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomEntered
I hate these idiots labelling them " hate groups" hate is for losers... people need to stand up for real issues.

If the rhetoric that pervades this website is any indication, I'd imagine "hate group" is an accurate description.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Any time you have a Democrat as the POTUS for two terms you see this.

Under Clinton we had a big wave of these kinds of people, after Bush got elected they went away.

I expect after Obama leaves office, we won't be hearing from these types anymore. It's a pattern and cycle, it's predictable and the government knows this.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join