It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama DHS Purchases 2,700 Light-Armored Tanks to Go With Their 1.6 Billion Bullet Stockpile

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Okay, but what did he say about it and what were his sources? Did he have a DHS report? Did he have some wack-a-doodle's blog?

I checked out old Lou's website and didn't see anything about the topic.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Feltrick

If your looking for a receipt that says DHS and 2700 lavs don't have one.

What I do have:

n addition to ICE criminal investigations, HSI oversees the agency's international affairs operations and intelligence functions. HSI consists of more than 10,000 employees, consisting of 6,700 special agents, who are assigned to more than 200 cities throughout the U.S. and 47 countries around the world.

www.ice.gov...

2700 divided by 200 works out to 13 per city.would be less when adding those other countries.

edit on 4-3-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

Saw a few of these driving around last year in the north east, they didn't have any DHS markings on them, they just said "Police"...

Funny thing about that actually, none of our police vehicles are marked with just "Police". Everything has "Sheriff", "State Trooper" or "(Insert town Here) Police". So they were definately out-of-town law enforcement vehicles.

We are pretty peaceful up here and when someone rolls through with new armor we definately take notice.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Thanks for the breakdown of personnel, but I still do not see anything from a reputable source that simply states, "DHS has XX number of armored vehicles." You can keep saying 2700 all you want, but if you don't have any proof, then it's just rumor and conjecture.

In other words, fearmongering.

If it's true, well, we need to take a critical look at why ICE would need those vehicles...I agree they don't need an armored personnel carrier for immigration and customs enforcement.

Sorry, I don't get excited when blogs are taken as fact.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Feltrick

Conjecture?

Miss this?

n addition to ICE criminal investigations, HSI oversees the agency's international affairs operations and intelligence functions. HSI consists of more than 10,000 employees, consisting of 6,700 special agents, who are assigned to more than 200 cities throughout the U.S. and 47 countries around the world.

Guess those 6700 "special agents" walk.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
Those aren't "light armored vehicles"

They're buses!

I have yet to ride on a bus that has 4 inch thick windows that are capable of stopping .50 caliber bullets, or one that is designed to survive anti-armor mine blasts.

What kind of buses do you ride in?

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   
When the social programs cuts start they're expecting a LOT of urban civil unrest. So you need to stockpile assault rifles, high capacity magazine pistols drones and now tanks plus over a billion rounds of ammo. Disraming the public would be the icing on the cake becasue that would minimize the casualties.
Gads, people are so freaking stupid, particularly the left. They aren't planning to deal with angry mobs out in the boonies. Drones will pick off the rabble rousers resisting the fascist takeover of the country. Oh and when some dillhole makes the sarcastic remark " if we can bear arms, any kind of arms, should rocket launchers be legal?" Maybe the answer should be... Yes. Why does HS need tanks?

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Where's your silver border?

WATS Points 100 yet no silver border?

Sorry, off topic, but I was admiring your comment, and then your amassed flags and stars...and noticed this MIGHTY injustice here on the ATS boards!!!!

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   
wow I seen one of these last year cruising past me in Illinois, but it was all black and only had white letters that said police on the side, I am about a mile from Chicago so this is a very city like suburban town, I have never seen anything like it. it was monstrous.

I have also been seeing a LOT of DHS they call them EMA with the town letters in front of EMA for instance country side Illinois would be CSEMA they are seperate from the police and have their own cruisers...and again I have lived here all my life and have never seen this before until last summer during carnivals and they were swarmed at those places.
also police cruisers in strip malls around here, this town is even recruiting for volunteers.
edit on 5-3-2013 by hapablab because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-3-2013 by hapablab because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Your question: What do those 6,700 agents ride in?
My answer: GSA contracted vehicles, mostly Chevys like suburbans, Malibus and Impalas.

To make that connection that there must be 2717 MRAPs since there are 6,700 agents is ludicrous at best.

These MRAPs must be invisible because I have found no acquisition or paper trail for them. Though I did find a report in which the US Navy purchased 2717 for the Marines...hmmm, I wonder if those could be the vehicles in question?

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by jibeho

While the 2,717 number may very well be incorrect, let us remember some of the things that we hear in the video, spoken by an admitted member of the DHS.

He says that his 17 member team of 'operators' cover west Texas and New Mexico. He also says that they can be called out to assist teams in other regions.

The other thread on this subject shows a different MRAP, in desert paint scheme and fitted with RPG defense standoff grills. It also has DHS logos on it.

If you can't find any info on the sale of any MRAP's to DHS, where did these two come from?

How many more are there that are 'undocumented'?

To be honest, I think they are procuring the vehicles through the traditional military outlets to avoid any obvious red flags. Its the whole blurry line of DHS and every agency that falls under its huge grasp. Quite easy to do an internal transfer off the books.

The vehicles are certainly in the DHS fleet and they are certainly intimidating in their look. Perhaps they should give these things a Griswold style makeover and re-name them Suburban assault vehicles (what they will be used for). MRAP's with wood grain side panels and a mini gun turret.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

That sounds like something that I can believe.

The federal government lying to us. That isn't hard to believe at all.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Dividuality

I saw one too but it was a conversion from an existing domestic vehicle where I'm located in the mid west. I'm assuming they didn't have the budget nor did they receive the handouts/tools at the time. Who knows they might in the coming months?

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Thanks JB...My immediate thoughts are ...

the 2,700 number is BS, though I am open to be proven wrong if someone finds an actual source as opposed to the echo-chamber of usual BS.

these are MRAPs, not tanks ...

Now as far as MRAPs?...with the wars winding down I would not put it beyond the "Mil-Ind Complex" and DC BSers to scramble for ways to keep the money flowing to the contractors that have supplied MRAPs for Iraq and Afghanistan...So that angle might have veracity, but I'd like to see proof.

Also I am hearing TX, New Mexico etc. These vehicles might have utility for border patrol? More so in regions of the border where cartels are in play on the other side? They are built for aggressive off-road terrian and near impervious to snipers or the average cartel gunman. If I am border control and scouring the remote desert by myself or just a partner for drug runners/cartel mules, I'd like to be driving one of these vs. your average chevy.

So my gut...there is some substance somewhere in this, but the hyperbole and BS obfuscates whatever the facts are.
edit on 5-3-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho

The vehicles are certainly in the DHS fleet and they are certainly intimidating in their look. Perhaps they should give these things a Griswold style makeover and re-name them Suburban assault vehicles (what they will be used for). MRAP's with wood grain side panels and a mini gun turret.

STRIPES!!!!

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by sam_inc
reply to post by Char-Lee

Could you provide us some pictures

why they're 3 or 4 threads about the same topic?
edit on 4-3-2013 by sam_inc because: (no reason given)

Got the pictures, seems a bunch are gone some of the vans and cars and all have the exempt lic.
The seem to be all bought used from a dealer about 2 hours from here.

Last year the roads, even the small ones leading out through the mountains had some kind of sensors installed here under the pavement.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Maybe they are 'get outta town' vehicles.

If there are a number of lots like this, it could be like a relay type thing, where they dump the running out of gas car that they are driving for a fresh one, like the pony express.... when TSHTF.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

Maybe they are 'get outta town' vehicles.

If there are a number of lots like this, it could be like a relay type thing, where they dump the running out of gas car that they are driving for a fresh one, like the pony express.... when TSHTF.

We are the only back way out of cities like San Francisco, Highway 101 the coast otherwise we are just the boonies.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

It would seem the govt. wants to keep the bullets out of public hands or they expect a shortage on production.
Now that is just a wild guess or two. You need to ask them.
Far as the trucks are concerned they could scare an old woman like myself just by appearance.
They are made for war zones and if there was a major major crisis within a city..say a nuke goes off..yeah then
it would definitely be a war zone of sorts.. I suppose the armor would come in handy if there was danger from
exploding gas pipes etc.. Just gotta think about this one.
One man put up a video while back..strange video and quite scary too if you listen long enough to what he
has to say. The video comes to mind when thinking about the armored vehicles.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

this has been reported on a few times here in the last year or so....

Here are a couple of examples

www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join