It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama DHS Purchases 2,700 Light-Armored Tanks to Go With Their 1.6 Billion Bullet Stockpile

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by tkwasny
The bullet purchase order was for 1600M. The "M" in federal stock system abbreviations means 1600 lots of 50, not a million. M=50. Ref: Defense Logistics Agency Customer Assistance Handbook, page 29.
True however the total number thus far is cumulative which is what presented and thus the guesstimated number

edit on 4-3-2013 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

They're preparing for a Katrina-like aftermath on a national level when the economy collapses.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

or did you stop and think this is all made up to see if the public would
swallow hook line sinker... i give you www.examiner.com...
from the link

Further, the informant stated that had the government agencies made such huge purchases of ammunition, then companies within the firearms industry would have a record of such purchases. So far no company has been able to provide records verifying that any such purchases were made, according to the source.

Disinformation campaigns are common with governments all over the world, including that of the United States. During World War II, for example, a major disinformation campaign aimed at the Nazis enabled Allied forces to strike areas of northern France where they were unexpected.
bet no one has tried to find out if the US gov did indeed buy that much ammo , but then with the words OF "in the intrust of National security" would you be able too lets ask federal or win or do we even know who would supply the gov, does the gov not have their own ammo making? well what you know it is true after all, for there is this... well see for your self westmoreland.house.gov... from the link

DHS Buys in Bulk to Save You Money

Print

By Kevin Doran
May 15, 2012

The congressman has received some letters and emails regarding the Department of Homeland Security’s (DHS) recent purchase of a large amount of ammunition and other equipment. Obviously the thought of one branch of our federal government potentially stock piling weapons and/or ammunition is of great concern. For that reason, the congressman wanted me to let you know the full story on this issue.
and just how much ammo is being bought 450 million rounds, say what?? from the link

DHS contracted with a manufacturer for 40 caliber ammunition not to exceed 450 million rounds. Like with most of their contracts, prior to negotiating DHS headquarters in Washington reaches out to all the agencies under their umbrella, including state and local police forces, Customs and Border Patrol (CBP), etc, and asks them all how much of a certain item they need. Once they have an account of the full amount of an item needed and have reviewed those requests, they put out a request for an “Indefinite Delivery Indefinite Quantity” (IDIQ) contract. This contract allows them to purchase up to a certain number of needed items without requiring them to purchase a specific item and allows them to purchase this item over a certain number of years. This is a common form of contract used by DHS for many of their needed supplies, including working dogs, computer equipment, vehicles, etc.
so this true but just not like you think.
edit on 4-3-2013 by bekod because: line edit

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
THIS IS IT.

You cannot expect America to float any longer when it's 16 trillion in debt. Seriously think about it.
No, right now. STOP AND THINK ABOUT IT!!!

These armoured vehicles are to transport gov't officials to and from their highly fortified offices. Why so much protection? because there will be THOUSANDS of protesters wanting answers and no one will have answers.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by bekod
reply to post by hp1229

or did you stop and think this is all made up to see if the public would
swallow hook line sinker... i give you www.examiner.com...
from the link

Further, the informant stated that had the government agencies made such huge purchases of ammunition, then companies within the firearms industry would have a record of such purchases. So far no company has been able to provide records verifying that any such purchases were made, according to the source.

Disinformation campaigns are common with governments all over the world, including that of the United States. During World War II, for example, a major disinformation campaign aimed at the Nazis enabled Allied forces to strike areas of northern France where they were unexpected.
bet no one has tried to find out if the US gov did indeed buy that much ammo , but then with the words OF "in the intrust of National security" would you be able too lets ask federal or win or do we even know who would supply the gov, does the gov not have their own ammo making? well what you know it is true after all, for there is this... well see for your self westmoreland.house.gov... from the link

DHS Buys in Bulk to Save You Money

Print

By Kevin Doran
May 15, 2012

The congressman has received some letters and emails regarding the Department of Homeland Security’s (DHS) recent purchase of a large amount of ammunition and other equipment. Obviously the thought of one branch of our federal government potentially stock piling weapons and/or ammunition is of great concern. For that reason, the congressman wanted me to let you know the full story on this issue.
and just how much ammo is being bought 450 million rounds, say what?? from the link

DHS contracted with a manufacturer for 40 caliber ammunition not to exceed 450 million rounds. Like with most of their contracts, prior to negotiating DHS headquarters in Washington reaches out to all the agencies under their umbrella, including state and local police forces, Customs and Border Patrol (CBP), etc, and asks them all how much of a certain item they need. Once they have an account of the full amount of an item needed and have reviewed those requests, they put out a request for an “Indefinite Delivery Indefinite Quantity” (IDIQ) contract. This contract allows them to purchase up to a certain number of needed items without requiring them to purchase a specific item and allows them to purchase this item over a certain number of years. This is a common form of contract used by DHS for many of their needed supplies, including working dogs, computer equipment, vehicles, etc.
so this true but just not like you think.
edit on 4-3-2013 by bekod because: line edit

It doesn't matter, they've made their beds

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

well you know what will happen , ban the guns and ammo for the US citizen and then make rocks a no no as well. "No one shall have in there yard any rocks no smaller than 10 lbs for landscaping, nor shall transport, buy, sell or trade land scape rocks " DHS directive xxx.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

There are better choices then these wheeled caskets.

What I have come across may be a debunking angle. There was about a year or so ago a press release where these vehicles were being retrofitted for use by the Army.
The number was 2717.
Now the number for this instance is 2700.

The numbers are just to close. And the source is not exactly a News source, but more of a blog.

Just saying. While I truly believe that the Govt views the people that are against its expansion as the enemy, I am wanting to research this fully.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I think all the antidepressants and hormones in milk has rendered a lot of these fellers impotent and now theyre overcompensating. Tanks, lotsa bullets... stuff like that. Kinda like that BIG GUN Saddam used to roll out for pictures and Kim Jong needing BIIIG missiles...

Seriously though, I figure its civil unrest and disaster response. Id have gotten a few different ideas for sensible responses to both of those things, but light armored tanks? Those tanks arent used for heavy fire or combat. They look tough and scary till you look into what they actually are. We have one here in nowhere Illinois... they park on streets where there is heavy drug activity. Its called " The Exterminator".

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
(I posted this on the two other threads on the subject, one with the same name!):

In the Birmingham civil rights movement of 1963, Bull Connor used to ride around in a small white tank that the city owned. He used it to intimidate the movement activists, but they just looked at him like he was crazy.

These tanks, very weird, especially with the armoring against explosions from the ground. What do they expect, one of The Avengers to go berserk and start destroying American cities?

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

I found sources indicated that the Marine Corps and the Army each had done a 2717 retrofit
Marines
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Army
www.abovetopsecret.com...
With no mention of DHS

Which leads me to doubt this story on its face. Go to the original source in this thread www.abovetopsecret.com... and you will see that 2717 number and it suggests they are purchasing through the Army. That source for that article was written in Sept 2012.

Who knows..

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Only 2700?

Not enough for a "civil war" ... But maybe just enough to put a city in an inescapable lockdown, if needed.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

Pretty damn hard to "debunk" that DHS emblem and "Homeland Security" on the side of that vehicle.

Second.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by macman

Pretty damn hard to "debunk" that DHS emblem and "Homeland Security" on the side of that vehicle.

Second.

That, and the DHS employee telling us what region he covers and where that region is located.

and how he says 'when they enter a house'.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Even harder to justify the need for that vehicle when ICE just released all those illegals.

Something definately smells here.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Oh, I don't disagree that DHS has these vehicles.

When I was in LE, I saw and worked with the FBI and the ATF and even the city I worked for had vehicles like this.

I do not doubt that they have some, but 2700 is the number I am debating.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Even harder to justify the need for that vehicle when ICE just released all those illegals.

Something definately smells here.

Your post gave me a brief laugh as I thought of the notion of releasing these illegals just so ICE and DHS could hunt them down again for training purposes. Sort of like a released Quail shoot. They've got all of that new training ammo to burn through...

edit on 4-3-2013 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

MARTIAL LAW Not "Marshall Law"...from Mars the God of War not a reference to a western law enforcement officer (ie marshall). Our tax dollars at work...I guess if they have a Domestic Security Force then they can defacto do away with Posse Comitatus (as they fuse federal and local law enforcement).

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by TriForce
Seems like nobody remembers Obama saying that he wanted a civilian "force" that rivaled the military.
Looks like thats one campaign promise that he is intent on keeping

You sure he said he wanted a Civilian force instead of he wanted to force the Civilians?

Besides...if they moved against righteous Citizens, sticky bombs are effective against a tyrannical out of control government tank.

Just need to disable, not destroy...a neo magnet and a bag of nitrogen based ferts on the drive shaft or axle would be enough...not that i'm recomending anyone try that of course, especially if the government doesn't start murdering freshly unarmed Americans with Billions of Hollow point rounds, and light tanks like theres no tomorrow
..The Billions of rounds are for target practice anyway and the thousands of armoured vehicles are to take them to the practice ranges to shoot targets of pregnant woman and small children...nothing to worry about at all

edit on 4-3-2013 by MysterX because: added text

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

Are you sure that you are from the UK?

I guess I am used to UK members that have an opposite viewpoint than yours. It is refreshing.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Gotta be an Expat...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join