It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Satanic Panic

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

Damn, has that general or whatever been fighting since the beginning of time to accumulate all those metals or what

On a serious note, my parents got me OZZY Osbourne's "Speak of the Devil" album one Christmas in the 80's. I'll never forget blasting as loud as it would go on those good ole Panasonic Thrusters! My mom and dad knew we all appreciated different artists and fully supported me. They even let me go to the IRON MAIDEN power-slave tour concert at 16. I did not do bad stuff, Hell I played a clarinet in the school band

edit on 4-3-2013 by chisisiCoptos because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 02:48 AM
link   
I am just saying that anything that seems to be a bad influence is dark forces at work
No it is just a person acting like a human to a certain degree by enjoying certain artists and their purpose in music or art. I sure as heck would not buy any of that sick SOB's art work by John Wayne Gacey, that is evil but please, Beyoncé Knowles
Give me a break. She is as possessed as my neighbors Maltese puppy.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by chisisiCoptos

When in times like thees, when your in doubt of what is fact, take this advice ,
for in time all will be sorted out. Let them stay on the crazy train
and keep smiling for you know the truth , and they know not what is fiction.

edit on 4-3-2013 by bekod because: added link, line edit

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by DresdenCodex
i loved the 80's - but there was a HUGE amount of immaturity to the era - which I see repeated here. it seems as if folks are just *looking* for something to point at and say EVIL!

there's plenty to do this to - just read anything on CNN or FOX, or 99% of the stuff on this site. Totally evil.

However.

I REALLY hate to bum you all out and bust the bubble that there's no Illuminati action going down in rap, or with popular musical artists. Folks, if you're looking for something, you'll find it. The trees outside my house are arranged into what looks like a 5 pointed star. I suppose I should chop it down and burn the satanic thing now.

You know what I have on my Tumblr page? TONS of references to Alchemy, artwork from all over the world that includes pyramids, seeing eyes, blah blah - you know what I'm not?! A freemason, satan worshipper, or illuminati.

Grow up dudes.

Maybe you just aren't woken up completely. The biased opinion is some bull****. That is the way I feel you think. Don't let it blind you. The greatest deception the devil ever did was to make the world believe he didn't exist. or something like that.

I hate myself for posting this video but skip to 1:10. It's very brief

What does Bieber have on his forearm? An owl. What does the owl represent?

Music is just a place for them to leave their mark and leave an impression on the fragile minded youth of the new agers. Molding the clay.

edit on 4-3-2013 by Soulece because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by DresdenCodex

I am old enough to have lived through the 70's! Yes, all 10 years.

I totally agree with you. Lets all start playing some old "heavy metal" tracks backwards and remind ourselves of all the fun we had lol

Seriously. The only thing possessing these people is a desire for more publicity.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Humanity existed very very long ago before monotheistic religions came. Satan come with christianity, if the christian dogma wouldn't exist neither would satan.
Demons (daemon) is pagan (ancient greek) and has nothing to do with satanic figures. When early christians (Byzantium) took over Greece 356a.d. they wanted to erase the ''old religion'' by burning temples , books, destoying statues of gods and torturing anyone who did practice the traditional greek pagan religion. They were saying that pagans were satan worshipers and that the ancient monuments (statues , temples etc ) were bringing evil to society.
In very few words thats when the dark ages started, christianity banned philosophy, mathematics, science, astronomy etc as the work of the devil and hummanity sank into the dark.
imo Satanic panic has it's roots specifically at the christian dogma

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by vaelamin
Not once in his lectures does he even mention H.P. Lovecraft.

You are being disingenuous.

He specifically mentions The Dunwich Horror by H.P. Lovecraft, and the Necronomicon is a construct of the author, along with all of the other Cthulhu fiction.

The man is a serial plagiarist, a compulsive liar, and a disgusting convicted sexual predator.

Keep following the Pied Piper, though. The way people react when confronted with the truth about this man says a lot about human nature, we go "all in" on something and would rather drink the Kool-Aid instead of admitting we might be wrong.

People were still defending that monster John Wayne Gacy as a stand-up guy and a pillar of the community, and he would have gotten away with it too if it weren't for those meddling bodies they found buried in the basement.
edit on 4-3-2013 by KyrieEleison because: formatting

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by DresdenCodex

I remember the Tipper Gore effort very well. In that time the nation was getting shocked by a new music Genre. Heavy Metal... Which took the on stage antics of their predecessors to a new level. The shock level reached a new high when certain bands took the David Bowie/Ziggy Stardust concept to the limit. Then mix in a little Dio and Slayer and you've got a frightened Tipper Gore....

Many say that the 1983 US Music Fesitval was a huge turning point for Heavy Metal. The promoters that year broke the event up into separate theme days. New Wave/Punk, Heavy Metal, Rock and Country. The response for Heavy Metal Day was huge. It's a great video to watch if you can find it. 1982 Fesitval was good too but was absent of the "new heavy metal" music.

This new stuff today, Beyoncé et.al., is just a bunch of hype as usual. Just stirring the pot to keep themselves relevant whether its "satanic" panic or Masonic freak outs. It's all quite amusing when you look back to Motley Crue's "Shout at the Devil" which debuted in 1983. That album Put the Pentagram on Kid's Tshirts all over the country. YIKES!!
I remember drawing a Pentagram on the sidewalk in Model glue back then and setting it on fire because it looked cool. That's all we ever thought about it and I went to Catholic School

Granted, society is a little more complicated these days... The Goths, the Emos and the twilighters etc etc etc. I just hope that they will someday look back and laugh about it...
edit on 4-3-2013 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-3-2013 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by daskakik

Yeah, you are right, just because I have a pyramid shaped tattoo that doesn't inherently make me evil. Worshiping Satan and his minions does. Thankfully, I don't. Here, I'll repost my entire quote. Do you believe that if you kill in God's behalf, you will receive 72 virgins? No, but certain extremists are willing to strap a bomb to their chest to achieve this goal. What do you think a fundamentalist Satanist could be capable of doing as a member of congress or even the president? Maybe, you should read my entire quote below:

I don't know what I believe, but entire cultures have worshiped and publicly held mass ritual killings on behalf of their evil deities...now, human sacrifice is much more hidden. People generally don't like to be killed. Christianity(especially Catholicism) is pagan sun worship, to this day the Dhali Lama meets with Oracles--these "Oracles" are people that become possessed by spirits and basically set the agenda for Buddhism and Tibet. When there are people in positions of power or influence, like entertainers, religious leaders, or even politicians that believe in and worship Satan(or Moloch, Satan's #2) and strive to achieve Satan's ideals by changing public policy or opinion, does it even matter if what they believe is perceived by the majority of people to be ludicrous, impossible, or simply a publicity stunt? They laugh as we emulate their satanic gestures, display their satanic symbols(consciously or not), and accept their Satanic ideals and agenda. I agree with you to an extent, we all have good and evil inside of us. There are, however, a few among us who are much more evil than good; and, it seems the majority of those people are in positions of significant power or influence--maybe because they are willing to throw their fellow man(or themselves)under the proverbial tracks to succeed...or maybe they actually sold their souls for success. I don't know...do you? I mean, I love classic rock and I even have a Dark Side of the Moon album cover tattoo--which is affiliated with Illuminati/Satan symbolism; but, I would rather try to love all living things, than to worship Satan(evil manifest or worship of the Self...however you like to break it down). For me personally, I think that whether or not you believe in God or Satan, just be aware of the fact that those who worship Satan will use use deception against us and have only Satan's interest in mind.

I know this is a bit lengthy, but think about this: If those in charge, members of the Illuminati and other Satanic affiliated, secret organizations, actually believe in Biblical prophecy of the second coming of Christ(the sun incarnate), then what's to stop them from trying to fulfill(or bring about the conditions to fulfill)the prophecy themselves? Like I said, I don't know what I believe; but, you should ask yourself again, is Satan just a silly gimmick? Belief is a powerful thing, whether you believe or not.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74

I think he went for the 80's because many religious groups spoke out about anything new being Satans work.
Ever play D&D? do you remember all the church groups saying If you play Dungeons and Dragons you are Satan worshipping.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 2-3-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

that was mainly the work of patricia a pulling whos son commited suicide and she couldnt blame it on his terrible relationship with his father or the fact that he was gay and couldnt tell anyone but his best friend, nooooooo it was the nasty old d&d, and the most idiotic thing about it is that in the huge pantheon of gods in the d&d realm, satan was never part of it (see if you can get hold of a copy of B.A.D.D - bothered about dungeons and dragons)
edit on 4-3-2013 by garret because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Hey, you do realize that, just like other religions, Satanism has different levels of devoted followers. Just because you think or feel that Motley Crew or Beyonce exude some sort of candy-coated Satan worship, doesn't mean that there aren't actual people out there(including within our own political system)that would kill in Satan's(or Moloch, Satan's #2) name. I'm not even saying you are evil for making a flaming pentagram...that is messed up; but, I hope you didn't have evil intentions in your heart. Belief is a powerful thing, even if you don't believe. I would love to meet some of these people posting on here, you seem to know the intentions of people who confess to worshiping the devil or communicating with his minions...have you all reached some sort of spiritual enlightenment or something?

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
What was the inspiration for this song and lyrics?

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by drockEst1983
reply to post by jibeho

Hey, you do realize that, just like other religions, Satanism has different levels of devoted followers. Just because you think or feel that Motley Crew or Beyonce exude some sort of candy-coated Satan worship, doesn't mean that there aren't actual people out there(including within our own political system)that would kill in Satan's(or Moloch, Satan's #2) name. I'm not even saying you are evil for making a flaming pentagram...that is messed up; but, I hope you didn't have evil intentions in your heart. Belief is a powerful thing, even if you don't believe. I would love to meet some of these people posting on here, you seem to know the intentions of people who confess to worshiping the devil or communicating with his minions...have you all reached some sort of spiritual enlightenment or something?

I know full well that there are true followers of Satan. I've met a couple over the years and you'd never guess it by looking at them or by working side by side with them everyday. Just read up on Anton Lavey. Their website is certainly NOT filled with light and hope www.churchofsatan.com...

Trust me I'm not one of them. My flaming pentagram only mimicked what we saw on MTV back then.
I was just alluding the amusement and shock element associated with musicians who conjure up the images and the notion of this whole satan thing.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Kind of like everyone calling Lil' Wayne and other modern "celebrities" part of the Illuminati.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
My parents took us kids to a church where some guy who was on a national tour did a series of long lectures over the course of a few days. At the end of the days everyone brought their records and cassette tapes and piled them in front of the church and confessed for the sin of enjoying satan's music. Over the days he showed music videos and explained the evil in them. He also played a lot of rock songs backwards from groups like Queen and Led Zeppelin and explained what they were saying.

It truly was absolutely disgusting. When you go back and watch videos on YouTube of Tipper Gore's government hearings you can hardly believe the idiocy of the American populace. Except it's even worse now.

And now the elites really are pumping out evil symbolism. I was originally a skeptic of Vigilant Citizen's blog but after seeing his site for a few years I think he pretty much nails it. It's not that I believe in satanism or the occult but the people in the upper levels of the power structure sure do and the evidence seems to be mounting for those learning to recognize symbolism.

But alas that 80's satanic panic was complete idiocy preying on the easily manipulated. A truly embarrassing moment in American history.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
lol I love you OP. Seriously this post made my day. When anyone brings up Satan or Demons in a thread and they're being serious I just automatically assume they're insane.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by beastnwokillah

a "disinformation agent"? let's see - how to appropriately reply with some level of maturity? hmm,..

oh, yeah - YOU ARE!

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
also remember - the most evil - purely satanic human beings on planet earth are the most clean-cut well dressed suit wearing mo-fo's you ever saw.

put that in yr devil pipe.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Soulece

yo.

an owl represents a freaking owl. they are cool birds that look good on tattoos. done.

not EVERYthing is a conspiracy.

sorry.

now - let's talk about the IRS for a while - THOSE are some satanic mo-fo's.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by drockEst1983

You don't know their intentions either. Borrowing the symbols isn't even candy coated satanism, it isn't satanism at all, except in the eyes of religious zealots.

One thing I do know about "Satanists" is that the ones I've known have a live and let live attitude, which is more than I can say for some of their christian counterparts.

edit on 4-3-2013 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join