It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Satanic Panic

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by FriedBabelBroccoli

I wasn't denying the existance of things we cannot see or understand. I was denying the existance of Satan. Satan is made-up.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Malynn

I wasn't denying the existance of things we cannot see or understand. I was denying the existance of Satan. Satan is made-up.

Could you provide your definition of satan and verify where that definition was propagated biblically seeing as that is the text from which satan comes from.

I think you will find an extremely different understanding of what 'satan' is biblically than from what you have seen on the T.V. or old paintings.

Honestly though I am just curious as to what you think satan, the so called devil may be.

Thanks.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   

I don't have a personal definition of Satan. Satan is "the accuser" in the goat-herding religions, or as you may know them, the Abrahamic religions. The character is also referred to as The Deceiver, The Adversary, Lucifer, The Light Bringer, and The Dragon, among other things.

I don't obtain understanding from the Bible. The Bible is a mish-mash of documents that were written by men. It contains the creation story of the Sumerians/Akkadians, King Lists, geneaologies, fables, morality tales, parables, some smatterings of historical accounts, philospophy, poetry, sex, drugs, rock & roll, and a whole lot of fiction.

I don't think Satan is anything because I don't think Satan exists. I think a great many portions of the bible were written by people who could not understand what they were seeing and experiencing and thus attributed fantastic things to "gods". I also think that someone angered the "god" who was in charge and that "god" labeled that someone "The Deceiver" or your Satan.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Personally,I think Satan is as much a human construct as his arch nemesis god is.
t

The poor,illiterate,totally uneducated serf had to accept his hard,thankless life,being a possession of his Baron who exploited him for every last bit of toil and tax he could.

He was told by the local priest that it was god's will that he suffered this life because he was born in sin but if he accepted his lot with good grace,never questioning god's law then he will recieve his reward once he's dead.Of course the services were in latin and if he could read then the bible was in latin too.So the word of god was wholly interperuted for him by the priest.

As if that didn't weigh down the masses enough he was also told that satan was always just hiding in the shadows waiting to tempt or corrupt him,condemning his immortal soul to burn in hell for eternity.In other words don't question,don't think for yourself or satan will get you,god will turn his back and let you burn in torment.

Funny enough,Satan had horns,hooves,a goat's head.He was an mixture of pagan dietys,he was part animal,part nature forever associating evil with peoples old gods and spirits of nature further demonising their old pagan beliefs and keeping the people in fear of god,satan and their old beliefs.

That's where Satan came from but in this day and age he's just another brand to peddle and market.

The whole reason why the church attacked rock music in the 80's was because it represented individuality and thinking for yourself,it's the exact same ploy that the church used in the Dark Ages.

They even promoted Christian Rock bands like Stryper which were as lame as it got.

The church likes to have it's claws into peoples souls,it doesn't matter whether it's 30 or 1000 years ago they don't stomach non conformity.It can be kids into rock music,gay people or athiests they're either the beginning of the end which'll lead to the collapse of society or misguided sheep that have strayed and sinned but are encouraged to repent and rejoin the flock.

When we rid society of religion maybe we'll finally be able to progress.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by daskakik

Ok, no doubt there are Satanists that are decent people, but they probably adhere to their supposed faith just as much as so called Christians(or any other "religious" person) these days. There are Orthodox Jews who, after performing a circumcision, suck on the newborn child's penis; there are Fundamentalist Muslims and Christians who will kill in their God's name for a chance to enter Heaven; etc.; etc.; etc.; and there are most certainly Orthodox Satanists--often in positions of great power--who want Hell to manifest on Earth(real or not). Society can dismiss this or trivialize it any way they like, but it is a perceived reality for some. I have no religious affiliations, though have studied many of them extensively(I have a BA in World Religions and Near Eastern Archaeology and a minor in Anthropology/Sociology); one theme that is common in ALL religions(yeah, even Buddhism)is that there are those that will kill others for whatever they believe in or worship...regardless of whether or not people think it is ludicrous. Now, just imagine that there are people in charge of armies and military technology around the world that worship Satan(or Moloch, Satan's #2). I'm talking true believers, not your Satanist who just dance around and chant in their backyards on high holy days, some random guy who has a pyramid tattoo, or a dude who lights a flaming pentagram because it looks cool...I mean people who admire the Mayans because of their mass blood sacrifices to their evil gods...these people who control nuclear weapons and numerous other WMD's--not to mention nearly all of known civilization. Does it even matter if the Devil and God are real or not, when there are people--once again, in positions of great power--that truly worship Satan and his minions? I don't know what I believe, but there are people who worship and adore Satan and Moloch in our own government and governments around the world.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by supermarket2012

are you suggesting that those with mental disabilities should be banned from using the internet?
"verified schizophrenics" eh? you see their medical records?for the record i dont believe in this Satan crap or what not but to even imply that those with a disability should be prevented from using internet forums or expressing themselves sounds more loony then "music is gonna convince you to worship Satan" nonsense

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by drockEst1983

I understand what you are saying but the topic of the thread is not "satanic psychopaths in control: good or bad?" but, as RalagaNarHallas pointed out above, "music is gonna convince you to worship Satan". That is what the satanic panic was about.
edit on 6-3-2013 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Malynn

I think you are still missing the bottom line, real or not, some people will kill others for what they believe in. Right? Then there are actually Orthodox Satanists(call it by any name you want)in positions of power globally, that seek to destroy humanity. Justin Beiber or Motley Crew or Beyonce or Elvis or whoever can only influence a culture or society as much as that society accepts the messages exuded by the entertainer...but, politicians, kings and queens, and tribal leaders have real power and influence as long as we let them have it. For one person, their belief can be their reality...doesn't matter if you believe or not.

And as far as the media's influence over society...just watch an episode of The Dick Van Dyke Show and then watch almost any popular sitcom from today; or listen to a Buddy Holly song and then almost any modern pop song and think about the state of our society. There are those that will say it is a spurious conclusion or, though true, Satan and his ideals had nothing to do with it. Things have definitely changed, I can't say it is all for the best. Our subconscious minds have difficulty distinguishing TV from reality(some a lot more[or less]than others)...norms and values can be absorbed and even accepted after repeated exposure and desensitization. It is a gradual process, difficult to see out of a cultural-historical context. The so called "Satanic Panic" concerning pop stars is just a minuscule piece of the bigger picture.

Well, like I say in almost every post: I have no idea. I do know that for those who seek to dominate their fellow man, confusion, division, and deception are their tools; additionally, Satan is the king of lies--who has gone by many names and probably will have many more...can't anyone see how this could be a problem for humanity as a whole? There are politicians who truly worship the king of lies...real or not. Does religious freedom apply to a religion that condones and requires human sacrifice? Humanity has been in a state of confusion for at least thousands of years, I just get more confused daily.

Overall, I thought there would be more people with open minds on a site called "Above Top Secret".

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by drockEst1983

As far as the media's influence over society...just watch an episode of The Dick Van Dyke Show and then watch almost any popular sitcom from today; or listen to a Buddy Holly song and then almost any modern pop song and think about the state of our society.

Ah, the 1950s and 1960s. The age of innocence, of Buddy Holly and Dick Van Dyke and all-American apple pie...

Wasn't that the era of anti-Communist paranoia that ruined the lives of hundreds of innocent people, of racial segregation, of racist lynchings and violence in the South, and a Cold War that had two frighteningly tooled-up world powers glaring at one another, eyeball to nuclear eyeball?

Wasn't that when the United States got itself into pointless and debilitating wars in Southeast Asia—wars that divided your society, set the hawks against the doves and the young against the old, made your country an international villain, and ultimately ended in defeat? Wasn't this when you tried to invade Cuba and failed ignominiously? When you supported evil dictators in banana republics across Latin America, as well as in Africa and elsewhere?

Wasn't that when a President of the United States of America was assassinated? When a state governor was turned into a wheelchair case by an attempted assassination?

Wasn't that when the FBI had its noses in just about everybody's business, and J. Edgar Hoover was compiling his 'enemies list' (of prominent Americans) while all dressed up in drag and having sex with Clyde Tolson?

Wasn't that when the abuse of children and the mentally ill by teachers, priests and institutional caregivers was rampant, but evidence and testimony were ignored because the perpetrators were too 'respectable' to be suspected?

Wasn't that when women were expected to be housewives and helpmeets to their lordly husbands and have no interests and opinions of their own? When they had to be content with derisory wages and habitual insult if they had the temerity to get themselves, God forbid, a job?

Wasn't that when children often carried bruises (and worse) inflicted on them by parents, teachers and others in authority over them, and nobody thought to (or could) do a damn' thing about it?

Wasn't that when millions of middle-class Americans were addicted to prescription drugs and alcohol, and didn't even know it, while their doctors just kept prescribing more and more?

Wasn't that when processed foods were marketed as being healthy and nutritious, and when residual food additives in their bodies meant that Americans were officially unfit for human consumption?

Wasn't that the era of American rivers and lakes too polluted to support life, of DDT-contaminated eagle eggs that shattered before they hatched, of choking smog over the cities of the Union?

Wasn't that when the mentally ill were stigmatised and made fun of, or locked away in institutions described by contemporary observes as 'snake-pits', and 'treated' with electric shocks, mind-killing drugs and castration?

Wasn't that when street crime was commonplace, murder rates were sky-high, and respectable women frequently died from filthy back-street abortions?

Do you think society is in a worse state today than it was then?

And can you prove that the influence of 'the media' over society then was any smaller than it is now?

Overall, I thought there would be more people with open minds on a site called "Above Top Secret".

Oh, there are, there are. You have yet to prove that you are one of them.

edit on 7/3/13 by Astyanax because: of some niggles.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

I didn't mentioned the book as a source, it was nearly 150 years before the Christian atrocities.
I know how it survived (I was trying to keep it short story). I mentioned it because it was one of the best books I've ever read,(among with Plato's ''politia'' and ''timeos''). You can find so much informantion there about the ancient culture and their philosophy and their view of God(s). I can't accept the '' debunking '' of the '' Christian philosopher'' it's total nonsence... But I'm glad some parts of the Celsus book survived. (Imagine If we had his other writings, how much information we could get.)

''The truth is a lot more complex than axe-grinding revisionists try to make out. ''

I agree, furthermore I think parts of the real story, don't make the real story.
I strongly insist that the Book of Rassias which I quoted earlier is totaly truth and if I find some time I'll maybe start a thread about it.

ps According to J.M. Roberts, we should be thankful to the church for burning the 99% of ancient knowlege and not 100% lol.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr1Akula

Please yourself. Meanwhile, here is a picture of my favourite Instrument of Satan. And Jimmy Page.

edit on 7/3/13 by Astyanax because: it was boring before.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr1Akula

I didn't mentioned the book as a source, it was nearly 150 years before the Christian atrocities.
I know how it survived (I was trying to keep it short story). I mentioned it because it was one of the best books I've ever read,(among with Plato's ''politia'' and ''timeos''). You can find so much informantion there about the ancient culture and their philosophy and their view of God(s). I can't accept the '' debunking '' of the '' Christian philosopher'' it's total nonsence... But I'm glad some parts of the Celsus book survived. (Imagine If we had his other writings, how much information we could get.)

''The truth is a lot more complex than axe-grinding revisionists try to make out. ''

I agree, furthermore I think parts of the real story, don't make the real story.
I strongly insist that the Book of Rassias which I quoted earlier is totaly truth and if I find some time I'll maybe start a thread about it.

ps According to J.M. Roberts, we should be thankful to the church for burning the 99% of ancient knowlege and not 100% lol.

What 'ancient knowledge' are you talking about exactly?

Can you provide any sources?

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by DarKPenguiN

Did you watch videos? Most likely not then why get on here and run you mouth about something you not only no nothing about but don't even have the decency to look at video before commenting. I smell disinfo agent ... They are everywhere.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by beastnwokillah

Did you watch videos? Most likely not then why get on here and run you mouth about something you not only no nothing about but don't even have the decency to look at video before commenting. I smell disinfo agent ... They are everywhere.

Not sure exactly which Videos but probably.

I find this all vastly entertaining and have watched everything Schnebolen (even his 7-8 hour "vampire" stuff), John Todd, 700 club and the rest have put out.

Its silly. We could debate it point by point if you wish?

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 04:07 AM
link   

And of course those guys are being discredited its only because they are speaking the truth so TPTB take the time to make them look like crackpots so fools like you will just look the other way. Not only John Todd... How about Fritz Springmier, Alex Jones, Professor Griff, Bill Copper....and so many others.
See a trend yet all the conspiracy nuts get labled that only once they start to speak the TRUTH.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by beastnwokillah

And of course those guys are being discredited its only because they are speaking the truth so TPTB take the time to make them look like crackpots so fools like you will just look the other way. Not only John Todd... How about Fritz Springmier, Alex Jones, Professor Griff, Bill Copper....and so many others.
See a trend yet all the conspiracy nuts get labled that only once they start to speak the TRUTH.

...Cooper was pretty good.
Look Bill Schnebelon needs nobody to discredit him. The guy claimed he summoned a demon in a garage, the demon ate his friend and he had to go tell the guy s wife and "hey, these things happen..."- Now, he laughed about this while recalling the tale in interview with an ex vamipire... Any person who really saw a demon killl their friend would be so stricken with PTSD and any real "Christian" would not find it funny. And that is only one issue amongst a million.
-Look, discernment...The guy claims fights with Werewolves in his living room- need I say more? And all the time he laughs and finds it amusing?

If you cannot see for yourself, and you fall for lies ONLY because he claims to be against the "illuminati" and claims to be a Christian. Honestly, I feel sorry for you.

-The same goes for the rest of the people you listed.

Now, concerning Fritz- I think he honestly believes everything he says and has some good info...But that does not make him "correct", just not a liar like the rest (excluding Cooper)
EDIT: I just noticed you have a Jack Chick comic in your avatar- Beyond hope...
But dont get me wrong- I LOVE these guys (with the exception of Jones who irritates me-) as I think they are entertaining as hell. I would pay huge money for Shnebelon to Dungeon master my next game of D&D..I bet he is phenomenal.
-Speaking of which, he claims TSR consulted with him to assure the Spells in the game were accurate...Could you show me ANY SPELL from D&D that is accurate or even has "words to chant" or explains how to cast it? I have played since the early 1980s and have every book since the old red box and 1st edition- He either lied or I have no idea where these "authentic" spells are at.

edit on 8-3-2013 by DarKPenguiN because: (no reason given)

EDIT 2- AND would you not think someone with such great power as Schnebelon claims would have had a career better than a newspaper delivery guy? His own admission is that he never had a successful career until he became a "Christian" (a career peddling lies to the gullible who fund him...) But think about it...Please... A high level mason would have connections with some top end people- Nobody could give this guy a job? Its simple logic... He claims to be a 90th (or something) degree Mason, top Wizard, member of the "Illuminati" and NEWSPAPER DELIVERY GUY... OMG,. The absurdity... But you just cannot see it because a "Christian" would never lie, huh? because YOU believe in the Illuminati and he is catering to your beliefs (not that I disbelieve that there are controlers- That isnt the point)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Thank you for your very good reply.

I am fascinated and at the same time scared of this exercise of faith and religion, as it is so far from the Christians we have in my country. They are perhaps more Sunday and / or Christmas Christians.

Christian religious worship is much more common in the U.S. than in my own country, also in the public and political debate. In my country, they have no special voice in politics, although there sometimes is a politician from our right-winged nationalist parties, which talks about preservation and dissemination of the national church influence. But this dies quickly. Not because there isn't any respect of the matter, because everybody has their right to practice their beliefs, as long as they respect others and not try to convert people.

When we encounter the Christian denominations as Adventists and Baptists (which is a very small part of my country's population in comparison with the U.S.), they seem isolated and extreme. BUT that is only because, we are not particularly religious at all. On the contrary, we see more people resign from the church and declare that they are not Christians. They want to break free, not to join another religion, but because they want to declare that they not need to have a god to be happy or at peace. Actually there is some talk about a cemetery for the non-Christians, because they also have the right to be buried.

Maybe I draw a more contrasted picture than it really is, but my message is: Christianity is just not a big part of our lives. It is therefore all the more exciting and uncomprehending when faith becomes so extreme like these right-winged and/or demon-frightened Christians - who I share ancestors.

Seen from the outside, some of the threads about Christianity on ATS (I have not seen a lot of different religions here) seem very extreme and almost sectarian in the expression. It does not make the phenomenon less fascinating at all.

/HamP

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Sorry I had to post this classic.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
If God wants to give Satan a run for the money, he better start making better music!

I mean why would Satan be so much more musically inclined than God?

Hmm... Rolling Stones, Led Zepplin, & AC/DC vs. Stryper, Petra, or Whiteheart.

C'mon God lol.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Goldcurrent

Obviously like so many here you are ignorant of the bible friend. Satan aka Lucifur before the fall was not only and archangel but was in charge of making music in heaven. Maybe that would explain it lol.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join