It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Purposely Imprisoned for Life-Saving Surgery

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by peter vlar

Dont believe that,, its not 90 days from date applied, it's 90 days from date
approved.

Such as in my case, it took them 10 months to approve me, in the mean time i had amassed
several thousand of dollars in doctor bills, but they would only cover the past 90 days from the
approval date, not the application date.

To get approved for medicaid or medicare or disability takes a average of 12 months, some that
i know about (in a group for others with liver issues) have gone 3 years and still wating to get approved.

Everyone believes its the date you apply, but in reality its the date they approve you.

So all my doctor bills, i think there was close to 3K, only $150 qualified for them to cover because it
was the follow up that had been in the past 3 months from the aproval date, i was on the hook for the rest,
which i'm still paying on.
edit on 3-3-2013 by severdsoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
The problem with the USA is that if they did have a free national health service, millions of Mexicans and other South Americans would come running up over the border for free medical care.

With a true national health service in Europe, the government agrees to a national pay scale for all doctors, nurses, consultants and surgeons, along with prices for medicines and equipment. Private hospitals can offer to treat patients so long as they charge suitable prices. The private health care would lobby against this in the USA.

Insurance companies will do anything to avoid a payout. They'll adjust their premiums according to the chances that you will need treatment, and make sure they make a profit. If it is a dead certainty that you need treatment, you will be paying for the full cost of the treatment either way.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by bigdohbeatdown

I am curious if anyone wonders how it is that "our" judges come from sometimes not so reputable lawyers?

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
If I ever get cancer, I'm robbing a bank.......to pay for the insurance to buy my health. If that doesn't work, I'll just go to jail and get free medical.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by 00018GE

Do you pay for your insurance? I'll bet only a small percentage of it. Insurance premiums these days are bigger than an average take-home paycheck. And, if you've just been released from prison, you don't even have that. And for those anti-Obama Care firebrands, Obama Care is the only reason that an insurance company would take him with a pre-existing condition, anyway. But, no matter.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Welcome to America!

Where people don't mind paying $800 billion for bombs, guns and tanks.

But when they are asked to pay a little more so they can be provided with affordable healthcare they want to revolt and over throw the government.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by 00018GE
reply to post by Spider879

Why didn't he just go buy some insurance? They can't turn him down for a pre existing condition. All he'd have to pay is the first months premium.

Wow, really? Are you that naive, or do you lead a sheltered life or something? Obviously if he could afford insurance he would have bought it. Given that all decent insurance is becoming more and more expensive, it is not surprising that so many cannot afford it. My insurance rates have gone up every single year, and I do not even use it that often, if at all. And what is this about they cannot turn him down for a pre-existing condition?

Now I know you must live a sheltered life, because this is just a blatant lie. If this were true, insurance companies would make very little money most likely. Not only can they turn someone down for a pre-existing condition, they do it every single day. This is one of the things that Obama is attempting to change, but all anyone ever mentions regarding his ideas are the things that will affect them negatively. That is not the point though. The point is that healthcare and insurance prices are astronomical already, and they show signs of increasing still. I am actually blown away that you said what you said.

Don't you think that the guy would have not attempted to get back into prison if he had the money for insurance? And maybe he did have the money for insurance, but as I said, they are not going to pay for his operation, given that he knew about it before attempting to get the insurance. And any company who would pay for it is bound to be one of those whose prices are astronomical.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

What is your problem with helping others? You seem to have some kind of moral issue against helping people, and I am genuinely curious what it is.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by stormcell
The problem with the USA is that if they did have a free national health service, millions of Mexicans and other South Americans would come running up over the border for free medical care.

With a true national health service in Europe, the government agrees to a national pay scale for all doctors, nurses, consultants and surgeons, along with prices for medicines and equipment. Private hospitals can offer to treat patients so long as they charge suitable prices. The private health care would lobby against this in the USA.

Insurance companies will do anything to avoid a payout. They'll adjust their premiums according to the chances that you will need treatment, and make sure they make a profit. If it is a dead certainty that you need treatment, you will be paying for the full cost of the treatment either way.

Actually the reverse is happening now where Americans are heading south for affordable treatment and prescription drugs.
www.health-traveler.com...
This^link was put together for Medical Tourist.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Why? Oh man you nead to really look at the world properly. Medicine and pharma are huge and pay political contributions regularly. That means they get to effect national policy. Big companies have lobby groups and all they do is lobby congress and in australia parliament against policies that will affect their interests. Its simple really, government is bought and paid for straight up. Medicine in America is privatised and that means that you need insurance. In Australia we don't even think about medical when we get a job because we have medicare which is a decent system compared to others. He would have been operated on immediately in australia to save his life no questions.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by 00018GE

Why didn't he just go buy some insurance? They can't turn him down for a pre existing condition. All he'd have to pay is the first months premium.

that starts next year

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by DarknStormy
Maybe in the USA but if that guy was to come to Australia, he would have no problems getting the surgery he needs free of charge.

Like I said .. nothing is free. SOMEONE has to pay for it. He would have gotten his surgery, but the Australian tax payers would have paid for it.

Hi, if Australia is anything like the UK, it doesn't really work like that. I can only speak for the UK, but we pay National Insurance which is a proportion of a wage and amongst other things that provides free health care. Yes, of course that means someone has to pay - in a sense everyone does, but that means we don't have to worry if we can pay - or our insurance will pay out - if we need to have medical treatment.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spider879

Originally posted by ltdan08
This world is sick.

And I am sick of it.

I hear ya! some day we may all have to make Hunger Games choices.

Hi, as others have also said, this is more likely than not an urban myth - no validating information, it just sits at the top of an editorial which uses it as the basis for its opinion.

Having said that, why didn't you use the title in the actual article? Your title implies someone was imprisoned for providing life saving surgery.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by something wicked

Originally posted by Spider879

Originally posted by ltdan08
This world is sick.

And I am sick of it.

I hear ya! some day we may all have to make Hunger Games choices.

Hi, as others have also said, this is more likely than not an urban myth - no validating information, it just sits at the top of an editorial which uses it as the basis for its opinion.

Having said that, why didn't you use the title in the actual article? Your title implies someone was imprisoned for providing life saving surgery.

Because I saw the Vid first which had the above title before tracking down the article.
edit on 4-3-2013 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gridrebel
If I ever get cancer, I'm robbing a bank.......to pay for the insurance to buy my health. If that doesn't work, I'll just go to jail and get free medical.

I know of a person who spent one million to take care of his cancer. If wife didn't have good insurance, they would have had to sell home to pay for it.

This happens a lot in america ; bankruptcy due to health care costs.
this is just not spoken of much either but many go homeless and bankrupt to pay for bill far too expensive.

Someone is making a lot of money but it isn't the sick ones

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join