It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello Everybody.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Hi i'm new to ATS ive been coming to the site for a couple of years now to read up on alternative views of whats going on in the world. So i've decided to join and maybe post some of my view points. I do have a question for all of you though. I found it strange that the adverts on ATS are personalised a few times now the adverts that have come up from say amazon are things i'd been looking to buy earlier that day. I was looking to buy some gloves today and the exact pair i was thinking of buying are there right in front of me on the home page. Its happened a few times. Was just wondering where they are getting their info on what i've been searching up looking to buy. if anyone could explain to this to me it would be great. Anyways nice to meet you all i look forward to some good conversation in the future. Many Thanks

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by MrFuzzy

Ah, I thought you were a man of few words. Welcome aboard. Umm, I think, like most websites, that they use tracking cookies to search your recent browsing history...for the sake of giving you personalized ads.

Sometimes it's really creepy how accurate my ad choices are. I have gotten some really, really specific ads for things I wasn't even searching for, but was chatting about

But yeah, it's based mostly on your browsing history/ cookies.
edit on 1-3-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Hahaha i hit the enter button by accident.Thanks for the quick response i thought with this being an alternative website they wouldn't be into all this tracking and what not. I suppose they've got to make a living though. Nice to meet you i look forward to many a late night discussion.

p.s I think i should clear my history/cookies a bit more often.

edit on 1-3-2013 by MrFuzzy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrFuzzy
Hahaha i hit the enter button by accident.

Haven't we all? Here's a tip, write up your thread AND THEN enter the title when you're ready to post. The thread won't post without the title. No accidents this way.

Thanks for the quick response i thought with this being an alternative website they wouldn't be into all this tracking and what not.

Guess again

Nice to meet you i look forward to many a late night discussion.

Great, I look forward to your contributions.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by MrFuzzy

Hi MrFuzzy, and welcome to the Introductions Forum, a place to say hello to the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only for now.

Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads in the appropriate forums and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Some handy links, links and more links.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Start Here - ATS Freshmans Forum

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read)

Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Background images

Avatar upload: Step by step instructions with pictures (2012),

Signature Guidelines

Try our Ask ATS with the search words of your choice.
I'm sure you will find many threads to pick from and add your thoughts and opinions too as well.

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Super-Moderator.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by MrFuzzy

MrFuzzy, welcome to ATS enjoy your stay

NAMASTE*******

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Welcome to the insanity.

That being said , there are a ton of places to check out, just remember that the little coffee room in the back, behind the obstacle course, and below the hot tub parcade is off limits until you have about 1000 posts

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Nice to meet you!

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by MrFuzzy

Welcome to ATS. All the MODS here have been trained to read your mind, and post the ads you want to see...

If you need a tin foil hat, or straight jacket...please let me know. I keep a good supply in the basement.

Des

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by MrFuzzy

Welcome to Earth!
May you walk in peace!

Enjoy the interesting times ahead here on ATS.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Since you have joined here, best get used to people reading your thoughts, mail, e-mails etc. Also the remote viewers will be checking in
joking Welcome get used to spooky, they invented it in here.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
welcome mr fuzzy hope you enjoy your time here
the cookie things baffled me fora while too haha

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 01:18 AM
link   
I'm a newbie here! But I have been a long-time lurker of this forum site. It's an interesting site because there are various topics to choose from. It's not limited to one particular niche.

join