It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life is easier in jail.....

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

This is a tough crowd eh?
S&F. People should put themselves in other peoples shoes and show some more compassion and you're absolutely right. I hear many people released from jail are committing crimes to get back into jail because it is easier for them. For some, it is all they know.

It is a sad world when a skilled trade does not earn a man enough to make a living and feed his family. Something is terribly wrong. I totally agree with you. This is no way to run a country or society of civil people. NFW

edit on 1-3-2013 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

A skilled trade does do that...but first you have to be the gofer. You have to learn somewhere and apprenticeship usually doesn't pay that well. You get the knowledge, they may pay for your schooling (if needed) in exchange for a work commitment, but a free ride to the top is never ever offered, it sounds like the OP is on the right path to achieve what hard work will accomplish.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Probation for 3???, try 7 buddy

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Honestly what you have to do is save every cent and move out of the country. For example you could move down here to Australia, over here you can easily get a factory job of any kind, minimum wage here is $25 and goes up to $47 an hour, i see 18 year olds get a clear $1200 a week after tax. Life is much easier in other places man, forget American its finished!

Apply for citizenship here, if your criminal record is getting in the way, there is always a way around it, if you know what i mean...

Life is deep my friend, my brother an i live in a house alone where we pay $1600 a month on rent, im 25 hes 22.. but i manage, we both make an income together of $7k a month put together, factory work, 5 days a week 7 hours a day.

Move from there! A new world awaits you my friend, Good luck.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Zatox

My gas bill for my car alone is 55$ a week for a full tank of gas. I only have to fill up weekly. My phone bill is $110/ mo, food is about $120 a week, gym dues are $80/ mo, insurance is $120/ mo, chipping around the house probably ends up being about $50-60 a week which isn't much, wow subscription is $15/ mo. Thats only a basic breakdown which comes out to 1225/ mo.

Are you a troll? Wtf. You remind me of the video of the girl with the 15 kids who says 'whos gunna pay for all this'.

Okay. Car you need.

Loose the phone bill. you gotta be kidding, do you have an iphone? I'm sure you could get by on 40 a month.

Gym? Okay. fair enough you want to do something you like, keep this.
Insurance? for what? lol get rid of what ever you are paying 120 a month for insurance for, That is insane. The insurance company is laughing at you.
Food? 120? try cooking at home. www.allyou.com...
Wtf does chipping round the house mean? don't do it if it costs you $60.
WoW? $15 a month? How old are you dude. buy battlefield 3 for $40 and be done with it - no subscription.

Any way, loose the insurance, food, wow, phone bill and the 'chipping round the house'... you'll some extra money.

Peace dude.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker

Originally posted by UberL33t

But if i cut out WOW and get out of the house i have to have something to do out of the house.

How about volunteering at your local animal shelter? Or, any number of other organizations that long for people to selflessly volunteer their valuable time. Not to mention, this looks nice on a resume in conjunction with a felony conviction. It shows a true attempt at being a rehabilitated member of society that is focused on their actions now being for the greater good.

This may be good advice for you, but I find volunteering to be on par with slavery.
If we live in a society that is based solely on the necessity for income, then I don't believe ANYONE should ever volunteer..

Time is not free in this way of life, therefore you do not work for free.
It may look nice to you or some other people, but for the people using the volunteers, i'm fairly certain they are laughing all the way to the bank...

Okay Ayn Rand.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Also, no cable/dish. Run a Roku or other device from your wifi internet and get both Hulu and Netflix for $15 per month if you must have tv, otherwise you can watch plenty of FREE internet tv programs only without the extra cost.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Some of the responses in this thread are breathtaking in their utter lack of anything resembling human empathy. What happened to this place?

The notion of someone actually making it by off 10 or less dollars an hour is a rapidly fading fantasy in modern USA. Unless you are spouseless and childless (and probably even if you are), it is literally impossible unless you have at least SOME help from family/friends in addition to copious government assistance (in the form of food stamps, medicaid, possibly even section 8, etc). With a support system underneath you, you can probably manage to get all the minimum bills paid, but it's almost a certainty that you're falling further and further into the red every month, and there is little hope of ever reversing that trend without changing courses completely. And God forbid your car breaks down or you get a traffic ticket. ANY expenses such as this are absolutely beyond your ability to afford. If 15 bucks a month for wow keeps you sane, then that's probably the best investment for that 15 bucks, and don't you dare listen to anyone claiming that said 15 bucks should be invested elsewhere.

OP, I feel your struggle man, truly I do. Things are hard now for everyone, doubly so for a convicted felon. Keep your head up.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Anthem0

Hey thanks for the reply. Yeah i agree. 10 dollar an hour is meaningless, its almost not worth the effort due to gas prices alone. 13 an hour isnt much different. I cant imagine being a father making ten bucks an hour and taking care of my kids and wife. The plight of the average worker globally is worsening and the only thing we can do is stand up to it.

Lack of empathy isnt even the word. Total and utter ignorance is more likely. It has nothing to do with entitlement it has to do with the fact that the world is losing its model for equality, and individual freedom and wealth.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join