It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama, "I am not a dictator"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
So what he is saying, again, is that he could fix all of our problems if we just allowed him? Psychological warfare at its best.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by WaterBottle
reply to post by ajay59

Um no, I meant to actually reply to the poster above me who said;

reply to post by Ahabstar

That needs to be added to my list of presidential quotes:
I am not a crook.
Read my lips... I did not have sexual relations with that woman.
Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice....we won't get fooled again.
I am not a dictator.

But I forgot to put "reply to".

Nice try tho.

And Bush wasn't a dictator either.
edit on 1-3-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

a bit young are ya ??
ahem, apparently long before your time, each of the POTUS' from Nixon to Clinton spoke each of those lines at one time or another ... Bush wasn't one of them
(quoted that is ... they were bad in their own ways)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by inverslyproportional

Ya beeze, we get to vote, as long as it is the candidate they decide we can vote for,

No, you can vote for whoever you want. The masses keep accepting what is handed to them, that is their problem. If there was a majority popular movement in this country someone like a Romney or Obama would not be elected. Real change is possible, I'm not going to have a defeatist attitude.

epubkican national convention pissing on ron paul and his majority vote not mattering.

RP didn't have the majority vote. He told this to his supporters before the convention even happened. From the man himself;

When it is all said and done, we will likely have as many as 500 supporters as delegates on the Convention floor. That is just over 20 percent! And while this total is not enough to win the nomination, it puts us in a tremendous position to grow our movement and shape the future of the GOP! I hope every one of you continues the fight we have advanced so well this year. I hope you will finish your local and state conventions, and, if you were selected as a national delegate, that you will head to Tampa in August to force the Republican Party to listen to the voice of liberty.

www.dailypaul.com...

RP should have went third party. Going to a party that doesn't want you is a recipe for failure.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

What are you talking about?

I was saying to add that Bush quote to his list of presidential quotes the poster listed.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   

reply to post by Honor93

What are you talking about?

I was saying to add that Bush quote to his list of presidential quotes the poster listed.

ah, so you are posting as Ahabstar now too ??

and for the record, there wasn't a Bush quote ... not ANY of them.
like i said ... you must be a youngin.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

Um. You're really not getting what I'm saying here. I know all the quotes he listed were not from Bush. I was trying to say he should add the Bush quote from the video I posted to his list of presidential quotes but didn't press the reply to button to direct the vid to his post.

I have no clue what you're going on about.

You're confused.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Well "two out of three ain't bad"...Healthcare?...stupid...no one lives forever and to try and mandate healthcare is just dumb...it disrupts the natural order of who lives and who dies....press?...yep...They obviously do not like it when the press disagrees with them. But what is that...1 out of 5 mega corporations? Seriously...the MSM en mass is owned by something like 5 or 6 mega corporations...none of them care about giving you all the facts. It is a game to play the people...seriously.

The pay your fair share is a clever ploy. He is basically leaving that to the masses..."Is it fair that you make this much and pay this percentage and they make this much and pay that percentage?"...cleverness....cause to the average folk...it does not appear to be fair. He doesn't have to "dictate" that one...he just has to throw it out to the starving dogs and let them decide. A rude and offensive yet seriously effective ploy.

I watched the interview...nothing but smoke and mirrors....and amazingly...as all of this supposedly "explodes"...we have a new national threat from Al Queada...are the sheep really that damn stupid?...do you not see you are about to be played? I can freaking see it coming...

"We need a special session of Congress to finance the military and the Alphabet organizations to combat this "new" threat"...if you drink this f'ing kool-aid...you get exactly what you deserve...

edit on 3/1/2013 by Jeremiah65 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

The other point made in my OP, sequestration will show that we don't NEED government at the levels that currently exist!

Just to stay on topic

I agree %100 we all should be calling the governments bluff and supporting sequestration.When we all see that sky didn`t fall we will be in a much better position to call the governments bluff on a lot of other things that they claim they have to have or else the sky will fall.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by WaterBottle

since you said this ...

I was saying to add that Bush quote
... why don't you clarify which of those quotes (posted by Ahabstar) can be attributed to either Bush.

take your time, don't hurt yourself looking for a way out of your own circle-jerk

and what is even funnier is that when Bush tried to utilize the very popular quote, he flubbed it ... so no, the quote cannot be attributed to Bush, not even in error.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Tardacus

If this keeps up, people may begin to realize that they can actually have long, healthy, productive lives without government intervention.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   

reply to post by Honor93

Um. You're really not getting what I'm saying here. I know all the quotes he listed were not from Bush. I was trying to say he should add the Bush quote to his list of presidential quotes but didn't press the reply to button to direct the vid to his post.

I have no clue what you're going on about.

You're confused.

then perhaps you should be specific about WHICH Bush quote you are referencing.
of those Ahabstar listed, none of them were Bush quotes and the one in the title is an Obama quote ... so please, tell us which Bush quote you are referencing.

i am going on about the fact that you have no clue.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

... why don't you clarify which of those quotes (posted by Ahabstar) can be attributed to either Bush.

Um....

The quote was the BUSH video I posted.

The whole point was that I was trying to say Ahabstar should add the Bush quote to his list of presidential quotes that HE posted. But i didn't press the reply to button to direct the video towards his post because I thought my post would land directly under his, it didn't. Beezer replied before me.

Originally posted by Ahabstar
That needs to be added to my list of presidential quotes:

I am not a crook.
Read my lips...
I did not have sexual relations with that woman.
Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice....we won't get fooled again.
I am not a dictator.

I was saying he NEEDED to add the Bush one was well.........(the quote from the video I posted)

Like I said, I have no clue what you're going on about or why you are so confused. It's a very simple concept.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Tardacus

I agree it is time we let the GOV know if they can not back or look after the people why should we the people, look after the Gov , they gave themselves a pay raise , then Kerry gives money to Syria, when the MIC mil industrial complex, says they need to make cut backs on needed upgrades that will not only leave us with our panty's down, but will make a lot of" we the people" lose jobs a trickle down effect.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Haha! This is comical. He shouldn't even need to say that or make it clear in the first place. I think someone is starting to feel the heat of his own actions.

edit on 1-3-2013 by EL1A5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

one can only hope ... for the youngins on the board, perhaps now is good time for this reminder.

Carter succeeded in government shutdown, 6 times.
Reagan accounts for 8,
and Clinton succeeded twice.
since 1977, it has happened 17 times ... this is just practice, people.
kinda like learning to cast a net

rsc.scalise.house.gov...
Since 1977, the government has shut down on seventeen occasions. There were six shutdowns during the Carter Administration, all of them lasting for more than a week and one for seventeen days. There were eight shutdowns during the Reagan Administration, none longer than three days, and one three-day shutdown during the first Bush Administration. The two most recent government shutdowns occurred when President Bill Clinton and Congressional Republicans were unable to complete the appropriations process and come to agreement on a balanced budget plan in 1995 and 1996. The first lasted for five days in November, and the second for twenty-one days in December and January.

and, i would go so far as to suggest that one reason Obama made such a declaration is in preparation for us peeps to accept his over-riding the OPM from 1981.
(at least that is what the rhetoric is proclaiming)

same source as above

What Activities Are Considered Directly Related to Protecting Life and Property?
An OPM memorandum from 1981, which remained in effect during the last government shutdown in 1996, provided the following determination of exempt activities: Primary examples of activities agencies may continue are those which may be found under applicable statutes to:

1. Provide for the national security, including the conduct of foreign relations essential to the national security or the safety of life and property.
2. Provide for benefit payments and the performance of contract obligations under no year or multi-year or other funds remaining available for those purposes.
3. Conduct essential activities to the extent that they protect life and property, including:
a. Medical care of inpatients and emergency outpatient care;
b. Activities essential to ensure continued public health and safety, including safe use of food and drugs and safe use of hazardous materials;
c. The continuance of air traffic control and other transportation safety functions and the protection of transport property;
d. Border and coastal protection and surveillance;
e. Protection of Federal lands, buildings, waterways, equipment and other property owned by the United States;
f. Care of prisoners and other persons in the custody of the United States;
g. Law enforcement and criminal investigations;
h. Emergency and disaster assistance;
i. Activities essential to the preservation of the essential elements of the money and banking system of the United States, including borrowing and tax collection activities of the Treasury;
j. Activities that ensure production of power and maintenance of the power distribution system; and
k. Activities necessary to maintain protection of research property.

now, given the above, Obama is either ... the biggest blowhard ever and completely full of bull OR he is planning on not adhering to the above, hence, rendering him a dictator in action.

based on his performance to date, dictator fits best.
from the Beer Summit forward.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Obama, "I am not a dictator"

No, he is not. In fact, he is Caesar Barrakus Obamaximus.

A hail Caesar! We who are about to starve, salute you!

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by WaterBottle

yes it is a simple concept ... yet, you refuse to answer the question

why ???

um, we've danced this dance before and you should know that i cannot view videos

i have -0- input to offer in regards to the video, understand ?
i am responding to your posted commentary, that's all.

again, perhaps sharing the QUOTE would be the proper response, don't ya think ?
it's not the first time i asked.

at this point in time, i still have -0- idea which Bush Quote you are referencing ... care to share ?

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

Like I'm supposed to remember you can't watch videos... no wonder why you are so confused..

The bush quote was;

If this were a dictatorship, it would be a heck of a lot easier... [Bush laughs out loud, audience laughs out loud] ...just so long as I'm the dictator [more laughter].

en.wikiquote.org...

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   

I find that statement somewhat amusing.

Doesn't Obama dictate what healthcare we should have?
Doesn't he dictate what our "fair share" should be?
Doesn't he dictate what the press should say?

Congress, Congress, Consitution..

Obama is frustrated. The sequester is happening. Something he said he'd veto if anyone tried to stop it.

No...he said he would veto a plan that put the full burden of sequestration entirely on the poor and middle class.
He also offered an equivelant alternative version that was majority spending cuts...and closing of tax-loopholes. GOP...hell no to closing tax loopholes.

What I find encouraging is that once the dust settles, people will find that we can do without some things, that government DOESN'T need to be everywhere.
That government CAN survive with less.

Some things? What do you think the sequester is? Jobs...not a free phone...Jobs..

Virginia, Texas, and California are among the states that will take the biggest hits in job losses.
www.businessinsider.com...

Also see here for the Congressional Research Office...Non-partisan...estimates as to impact on Jobs.
www.fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/R42763.pdf

Now...of the three hardest hit states, California, Texas and Virginia...I am pretty sure that CA tech sector will carry them through. Texas and Virginia?...well ...I am guessing that Virginia will not be voting R for quite sometime.

Sequester Layoffs Loom For Virginia
www.huffingtonpost.com...

Sequester cuts would land heavy on Texas
www.kvue.com...

I honestly think that the GOP has made a huge mistake and this will not turn out how they hoped.

But...for those yelling ...rah..rah...sequester! OK...the GOP finally shot a hostage...how do they think the public will react when layoff notices hit in Virginia and Texas? Good luck with that. Cuz you can pretend it is no big deal, but folks losing thier jobs in Red States are going to feel differently about that. Like I said...good luck.
edit on 1-3-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join