It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof Builders of the Great Pyramid had access to a modern computer

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

Tan, TanH, Tan, Tan, TanH, Tan, Tan, TanH, Tan, Tan

So, how many times did you have to try before you found a specific arrangement of formula that roughly equalled Pi so you could come on ATS and announce your "Remarkable" discovery?

Did it take you hours, days, or minutes?

Priest: "Great Pharoh I have completed the calculations for the construction of the pyramid, and encoding the ratio of the circumference to the diameter!"

Pharoh: "Excellent, High Preist... tell me how it will be encoded!"

Priest: "Of Course, all we have to do, is reverse the sequence of Tan, TanH, Tan, Tan, TanH, Tan, Tan, TanH, Tan, Tan, which will give us the ratio that the height must be to the base!"

Pharoh: "They will be so tripped out when they discover this secret!"

Priest: "Indeed, Mighty Pharoh.... they will be tripping hard at this discovery!"

edit on 2-3-2013 by ErtaiNaGia because: It must have happened

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   

It proves nothing other than you're crazy

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   
it's certainly plausible that the ruling powers of the day would have some sort of computers. in my opinion i've always thought the ancients depicted in drawings or carvings with a "stone tablet" was most likely something like a laptop - or similar to what we're just starting to use in ipads/kindles/chromebooks. just never set right with me that people lugged around stone tablets and carved on the go..

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

I read this earlier in passing, now that I've took some time to think about this premise I find it intriguing.

I'd like to hear more. Could you please expand on it in other words?

edit on 1-3-2013 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

my thoughts exactly ..

BTW: don't change your pic
it's my favorite !

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by borntowatch

The pyramid blocks were not cut, they were poured.

This is a theory I've held onto for a long time.. even with the blocks of Pumapuku and other ancient sites; now only thing that cooks my noodle is the hardness of the stone they cut the blocks with (Pumapuku blocks, not pyramid blocks); I think they were poured as well..

However, as the OP stated eariler, how did they arrive at knowing how big each block should be in order to arrive at that height.. or size even..
...been a long time since I did trig and hate it to this day.. but, the more I notice and become aware of the ancient world.. one thing keeps sticking w/ me; "Mathmatical precision"

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Great Thread~! S&F for this..

*grins at you from across the table*.. could the pyramids been here long before the egyptians arrived ?

I've heard it stated in a documentry that in studing the ancient civilizations, Egypt doesn't seem to ever have any traces of trade routes to and from it's centerand growing from there as all other ancient civilizations do; it seems to have just 'sprouted' there.. or a better term... they seem to have been 'planted' there..

I've also heard a theory that Earth was the home of the Angels, should this be true, I believe it would explain ALOT ..

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Wow! These Egyptian calculations are all Greek to me!!!

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by GreenGlassDoor
"3.1415547 multipled by exponential e-13" is not the same as "3.1415547e-13."

3.1415547e-13 = .00000000000031415547

The second e is for "engineering notation".

Exponential e, also known as Euler's number, is completely different. To do what you claim it does the expression would be Xe^n, and a negative exponent would be written as X/(e^n).

So 3.1415547*exp(-13) [as written in MATLAB] = 7.1009e-06

format long

ans = 7.100948572049544e-06 or .000007100948572049544

I know this site is about denying ignorance, but the above just made me feel like such a dumb ar$e.

OP, I see where you are coming from, but Smart cookies have been present throughout our history, this may just be another example.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
The reason why i wrote this thread because out of curiosity.

I realised the pyramid stones are very accurately cut and aligned. So logically im thinking the Ancients may of made use of limit functions in their measurement accuracy system for lengths.

The TanH function a hyperbolic function Tanh(x) is zero for x = 0, and tends to 1 as x tends to infinity and to -1 as x tends to minus infinity. Therefore thinking along the lines they are using some type of limit function like this, to accurately assess the accuracy of cutting and aligning stone..

Curiosity prevailed so i placed the ratio 0.63687 to a sequence of Tan and TanH. I found a sequence of 10 calculations based on Tan TanH Tan pattern spat an answer out which expresses a sequence of numbers which make up Pi. The other ratio numbers around this didnt, i thought that was interesting.

0.1 - 4.933
0.2 - 9.8666
0.3 - 1.4800
0.4 - 1.9733
0.5 - 2.4666
0.6 - 2.9600
63687 - Pi (3.1415)
0.7 - 3.4533
0.8 - 3.9466
0.9 - 4.44
1 - 4.93

Since tanh x = (ex - e-x)/(ex + e-x) has an expression in terms of e (2.71828), then i consider placing (2.71828) through the sequence expression above. Its gives answer 1.34102.

Comparing 1.3402 value to 3.1415, im wondering if the ancient builders applied use of knowledge of e in mathematical expression to work out angles.

If 1.34102 is a points around a circle where 3.1415 = 360 degrees then 1.34102 = 76.83 degrees
If i multiply (2.71828 x 0.63687) = 1.7311. If 1.7311 is a points around a circle where 3.1415 = 360 degrees then 1.34102 = 99.188 degrees

Start comparinng angles with these angles of great pyramid and it starts to look interesting.

The 5 angles of the Great Pyramid are:
edge to edge of face at apex =76:17:13.2 (degrees - minutues - seconds),
edge to diagonal edge at apex = 96:3:0.0, dihedral or
face to face parallel to base = 112:25:39.4
edge to base = 41:59:50.5
face to base = 51:51:14.3.
edit on 1-3-2013 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

So let me get this stright...

Are you saying the only way to achieve this sturcture is to have access to a calulator?

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 05:21 AM
link   
I'm just thinking about what operating system their computer ran on. I can also see how basic gaming like tetris could have helped in the construction process.

There's probably many a pun I could think off but slightly hung over and tired, so not right now.

I just got a vision of them sitting round a screen with windows 8 wondering WTF is going on. Send for the tech guy "Re-install 7"

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Luckily for us, the Egyptians left copies of the actual math textbooks they used, and has a number of problems where they are calculating volume and dimensions. It includes calculations for determining the slope of a pyramid. They also had tables of fractions but don't seem to have had any use for quantities smaller than 1/1000. Given the way their number system worked, there is no convenient way to express an exponent.

In order to create a computer (and here I'm speaking as someone who's been alive for most of the history of modern computers and worked on them back when you had to program them in assembler), you need to have a formal system of logic so that you can construct truth tables so that you can perform operations like AND, NOR, XOR, XNOR (etc) from which you derive things like "2+3*7^2" and so forth.

Computing wheels such as the Antikythera Mechanism are much newer -- they were developed around 100 AD (not BC)

BTW, the true dimensions of the pyramids are unknown... we don't know how thick the casing was at the bottom and the capstones are missing from some of them. And a few of them (like the Great Pyramid) change slope slightly.

This page has a good summary of why this relationship is actually pretty much "as expected" and not the result of more obscure calculations.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Since the title claims that there´s PROOF that builders of pyramids had access to modern computers,
yet the thread does not contain anything of the sort, in my book this qualifies as a HOAX.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by cody599

Well the title is an oxymoron
And they knew about pi, So nothing new there,
I've seen guys with an abacus do complicated maths faster than a calculator.Great work on the OP but hardly proof.

Fact is, they didn't know any value for pi.

They used the number 3, IIRC, in the 4th Dynasty.

So, the OP's entire premise is just mental masturbation.

Harte

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I typically agree with the idea that we, as modern humans, have become so ego-centric that we believe everything about us, and our civilization are the greatest, most advanced in all of history. I really do believe that, in general, society doesn't give our ancestors enough credit. In short, while I don't dismiss the OP's opinion, I believe the Egyptians were advanced enough, both mathematically and technically, to build the pyramids on their own... no aliens (sorry Ancient Aliens), no "future tech"... just brains and ingenuity. Well... maybe not JUST, but you get the idea.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join