It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gilgamesh Tomb Believed Found at Uruk!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Superb! - can't wait to see what's excavated. The canals remind me of the Ancient Egyptians and the inland desert based Southern American cultures.. I wonder how long humanity has been diverting river water? Will we ever know...

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I think they haven`t had much time to follow up on this discovery because of the ongoing "interruption" in Iraq, remember this little thing:

an invasion of Ba'athist Iraq starting on 20 March 2003 by an invasion force led by the United States. It was followed by a longer phase of fighting, in which an insurgency emerged to oppose Coalition forces and the newly formed Iraqi government. The U.S. completed its withdrawal of military personnel in December 2011.However, the Iraqi insurgency continues and has caused thousands of fatalities

I imagine it`s difficult or impossible to conduct an archeological dig in the middle of a war zone.It`s probably considered a low priority item in light of everything else that has been going on in Iraq for the last 10+ years.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by HattoriHanzou

Ancient civilizations didn't go to the trouble of recording or passing down carefully memorized stories merely for entertainment. These stories all had a deeper meaning to them, and if we look, to us as well.

I totally agree the meanings in these stories are staggering, in my own persuit for knowledge I read and pondered many different religions and my final outcome was.... We have at least 7 different Jesus/Mother Mary/God/Noah/David/Moses all mirrored off Sumerian legends and re-written to the masses.

So historically I wonder if the original text was actually based off of factual evidence not just the deeper meaning. If it was just deeper meaning... Man, those Sumerians could really tell a good story bro~

Well I would not be so bold and ignorant to deny that one could interpret these stories literally

I would never insinuate that you were, I just wanted to play devils advocate on that response,

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by skalla

For those who have not read it: Gilgamesh

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
this is a very good find. too bad its from 2003, and there are no updates anywhere about it. my guess would be the
war in IRAQ prob scuttled this. I would be very interested in what happened to the site, and if anything new would be planned.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ikonoklast

Holy crap, I didn't think to look at the date of the article.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

OK, so.....what happens if they do find a giant skeleton???

Does the Smithsonian come in covertly and remove all evidence....AGAIN?!?!?

This is very cool.....I just fear that we will only get very very minor details of this.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

Does the Smithsonian come in covertly and remove all evidence....AGAIN?!?!?

I bet they did.

link   

Originally posted by LightAssassin
reply to post by Arken

OK, so.....what happens if they do find a giant skeleton???

Then they`ll claim that "it`s just rocks"

link   
Wow....mind blowing...

Great find...now when is this supposed to be excavated and then made public?

Hope this is not going under the carpet like some other great finds that never saw light of day? Oh, how I wish I could see this with my own eyes and during my time?

Totally awesome...

Peace

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arken
Awesome discovery at Uruk in Iraq where archeologist of the Bavarian department of Historical Monuments in Munich believe they may have found the lost tomb of King Gilgamesh, the Hero, the semi-god/human, the giant of the Sumerian oldest epic saga in history, written on a set of thousands inscribed clay tablets .
(The so called "Anu.nna.ki" saga...)

news.bbc.co.uk...

In the book - actually a set of inscribed clay tablets - Gilgamesh was described as having been buried under the Euphrates, in a tomb apparently constructed when the waters of the ancient river parted following his death.

Astonishing.

Honor to the King!

edit on 28-2-2013 by Arken because: (no reason given)

SnF Arken!

Did you know that the statue that depicts him, he is clutching a Lion!

That's one big dude (I could still drop him with my M24 though
)
The way things are going, I sometimes wonder if the Nephilim will return.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   

edit on 28-2-2013 by ArchaicDesigns because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

I guess that´s a lion he is holding in one arm like a kitten.. gives a good impression on the scale.

Perhaps Prometheus got it right.. not going to say why,no spoilers from me just watch it, its good

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by skalla

Hi skalla.
I want give you a CLUE when you decide to read again The Epic of Gilgamesh:

Try to change the word "NAME" (written dozens of times in the book) with the word "SPACESHIP"... A very different story

However: the image I've posted in this Opening Post is not a fossil but a carved STONE!

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

SnF Arken
for the good find... 1 will wait to see if this is in fact the Tomb of Gilgamesh 1 ifany new data is found related to some of the COSMIC Family. Thanks as well.

NAMASTE*******

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by dthwraith

Great post OP really outdated but still a good read. Funny how there was never really a update on it. Is there a way to find out the names of the people who were working on the dig?

Should be used to it I guess...

Where is the update on the Pyramid shaft, the lead coffin burrito, the lake Vosik anomaly, the Baltic sea annomaly and so many more...

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghostinshell

Maybe the project went secret somehow?
Would it be totally outlandish, that maybe the Iraq war and this discovery is somehow connected?
Satellite images could have revealed parts of this hidden city. So it was a dash to get there first, and grab the artifacts... almost taken from the Indiana jones movie "Raiders of the lost ark"

The Iraq war started on 20th march 2003, and the article is written about a month later, 29th april 2003.
Not sure when the German archaeologists arrived at the site, but it seems to me it would be unlikely, before the war began. So to speculate, then they would have about a month to discover this? That's pretty lucky i guess?
What could they possibly have found?

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by sulaw
reply to post by HattoriHanzou

One wonders about the giant Humbaba that Gilgamesh battled with, and how this character could be interpreted.

I could believe David and Goliath just on the fact of put a 5'7'' man next too a 7'' tall behemoth of a man and the odds state that the larger man will dominate. Could this be the depiction of Humbaba and Gilgamesh just mirrored through Christianity? If so I could believe it without making statements about legitamate giants..... Though speaking of giants... If you put me next to Andre the Giant.... I would look like a Ant..... Or smaller.... Yikes~!

So much history speaks of both Giants and Little people. Look how long it took to get open evidence of little people and scientists did not want to accept what was right there even after it was publicly shown.

If they found a true giant in a grave it would be hidden, and I don't mean a mere 7 ft tall.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by kloejen

There were "rumors" that US Army, during the War, has found some strange ancient artifacts in the Iraqi desert and secretively... missed out.

Maybe this is one of them.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1

Originally posted by Arken
Awesome discovery at Uruk in Iraq where archeologist of the Bavarian department of Historical Monuments in Munich believe they may have found the lost tomb of King Gilgamesh, the Hero, the semi-god/human, the giant of the Sumerian oldest epic saga in history, written on a set of thousands inscribed clay tablets .
(The so called "Anu.nna.ki" saga...)

news.bbc.co.uk...

In the book - actually a set of inscribed clay tablets - Gilgamesh was described as having been buried under the Euphrates, in a tomb apparently constructed when the waters of the ancient river parted following his death.

Astonishing.

Honor to the King!

SnF Arken!

Did you know that the statue that depicts him, he is clutching a Lion!

That's one big dude (I could still drop him with my M24 though
)
The way things are going, I sometimes wonder if the Nephilim will return.

Well he looks totally kind and friendly.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join