It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Student Punished for Refusing to Salute and Recite Mexican Pledge

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by tadaman
reply to post by conspiracy nut

she is a "known trouble maker"...

ORLLLLY 0.o

says who? You. Yes I can see you REALLY grasping at straws to do so.

I am sorry but this little thing your doing really says it all for me.

EDIT:
Oh I had a poster of DMX on my wall in HS, does that make me black by your logic?

edit on 1-3-2013 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

i said "if" she is a known trouble maker.

im sure all the facts will come out and the truth will set her free or not.

i apologize because my last few posts really are grasping at straws, guess i fell into the trap of assuming things. then again things you post on social media can and will come back to haunt you kind of like george zimmermans myspace rants didn;t look so good for him.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Kind of misleading, I was first very offended for the girl if this were to be forced on her as an everyday salute to another culture had it not been a school project which required one time salute only.

Sounds to me like someone wanted to be lazy and wanted an excuse to try and throw their weight around to see what they can get away with. One is asked to do many projects over the course of their schooling as well we also learned about other cultures.

In cooking class we had to make a "german" themed meal should I have said no thanks because at the time my understanding of the German culture did not hold them in high esteem.

I was once asked to do a dinosaur diorama but at the time dinosaur's scared the piss out of me, should I have gotten away with not doing it because I found them frightful?

They asked her to complete a project she didn't, she deserves a failing grade....period.

As far as the other assignment I'd have to see it to judge could be teacher was irked, could be student was and did a bad job.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by conspiracy nut

I do appreciate the correction.

and I agree social media is a trap. NEVER post anything on there.

Have a good one.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by brandiwine14

its not just a project.

She was given an alternative project and the teacher flunked her out of spite. Like Flyers fan mentioned. HIGHLY suspect. She is half Mexican, fluent and has a Mexican mother. The second project was on the Mexican independence. She did it. The teacher flunked her out of spite. She would have to have written all F-bombs on that report for a fluent speaker with a Mexican national at home to have deserved an F......

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream
I like how "Nazi" style word is mentioned few times, is it suppose to stir some sort of mental opposition and side with the plaintiff? As in the Spanish are equivalent to Nazis.

Subliminal effect at works, bring out the patriotism no doubt.

Sad how many fall for it as evident from this thread.

Exactly man.... hilarious.
Let's equate these evil Mexican Pledgers with Nazis... if we just throw words in there, maybe we'll subtly convince people or permeate their minds.

Actually quite a dirty tactic really.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

so you went from making this all a joke and LOLs, to it being a serious matter....(when describing a valid observation as a "tactic")...

We get it, you think she is (insert what ever nonsense would devalidate her)...and that the whole thing is a joke really. (to you)

just list everything you would like to make fun of Americans by and get it over with....

you´re hilarious.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof
When I took US History in high school, I strongly objected to the way our "founding fathers" were painted as heroes. But guess what? I did the assignment anyway and got an A. This girl needs to quit bitching and just do the schoolwork.

Riiiiiiiiiiight ... she should just forget that her classmates have the right to 'opt out' of the American pledge and they have the right to 'opt out' of reading historical American documents .. and just let herself be pushed into doing something that she fundamentally opposes.

Lovely.

So if the schools in the south are teaching that the civil war was about states rights and that slavery should have been allowed because the states should have had that right .... and the schools were making the students put that answer on tests in order to get it correct ... all those students 'of color' should just sit back and take it or else the would be 'just bitching' .... That's the kind of ILL LOGIC you are using.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracy nut
did a little research and found her facebook page.
seems she is a little "radical" herself. she will probably get even more brownie points from some of you. it seems her political views include, ouck fbama. lack of respect for our commander in chief much? perhaps her political views are a bit harsh for a teenager

So she's 'radical' because she doesn't like who was elected?

Guess that makes at least half the country 'radical' then.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by tadaman

Sounds like some folks are doing the typical ... 'blame the victim' .. thing.
So the student may have a joke on her facebook page.
So the student doesn't like Obama.
SO WHAT? That has nothing to do with what happened at the school.
Trying to distract and deflect and trash the victim ....
Avoiding the actual subject ....

ETA .. I see the original poster has stepped back from that. Good.

edit on 3/1/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
Let's equate these evil Mexican Pledgers with Nazis...

I stated a FACT. The salute that the children were told to do is the Mexican salute ... and it looks exactly like the NAZI salute. I described it. Facts are facts.

It is exceptionally ODD that there are people defending schools that make children stand ... raise their right arm .. put their palms down ... and memorize and recite pledges to foreign governments. And it's exceptionally ODD that there are people saying that the student should have just shut up and done it even though she was very uncomfortable doing so AND the school laws itself excused other students from having to recite the American pledge. ODD ODD ODD

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by tadaman

so you went from making this all a joke and LOLs, to it being a serious matter.

We get it, you think she is (insert what ever nonsense would devalidate her)...and that the whole thing is a joke really. (to you)

Devalidate?? LOL

That's not even a word.

You mean invalidate right?

(is that better?)
edit on 1/3/13 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

She was asked to say a few Spanish words in Spanish class. Get over yourself, and this girl should do the same.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   

You mean the Bellamy Salute??? Right?

The salute that was used by Americans during the Pledge of Allegiance.

Yeah...

en.wikipedia.org...

The actual salute goes back to Roman times...

Nothing is new under the sun.

Just because some bad people drank water, should we not drink water?

You're ridiculous... you gave up YOUR salute (that you;re now Criticising Mexicans for using) because some evil people also used it... how pathetic.
edit on 1/3/13 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   

She was asked to say a few Spanish words in Spanish class. Get over yourself, and this girl should do the same.

That is exactly it right there... I've said it, Benevolent Heretic has said it... many people have tried to explain but sadly, those with an agenda find their hearing a bit selective when they're on a rant.
Bigots think what they think and nobody can change it...

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   

when losing an argument people often resort to grammar corrections....

thanks!

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

so if she was to read aloud a few words from a serial killers manifesto or his description of a crime he committed it would be just words?

Or if the reading assignment was mein kampf it would be cool....?

there is a difference.

She was forced to make an oath. That is not just "lalalala" words.

If you think so. Prove it

Please type out for me how you dedicate your life and soul to the devil. Make it original and type out every word. Include how (details) you will sacrifice your children and everyone you love to him on a sacrificial altar. Just some internet forum right? Just type it out and say it to your self as you are doing so.

Or type out a defense for a member of MAMBLA. Make it funny. I dont care.

OR type out a passionate paragraph about a member of what ever sex you DONT find attractive that you personally know. List specific details about their physical atributes you find sexy and how.

Or describe how incest with a any one of your family members would be great. Explain how and what you find sexy about them.

OR if you are a believer write about how terrible your faith is and how much of a lie it is.

OR how a dead relative you loved is now a sex slave in hell being tormented.

Or how your grandmother is a whore and describe the sexual acts she may have performed in her life time.

If its just words why not? Throw it in my face.....you cant, because it has a psychological effect on you to do so. It is uncomfortable.

Some things you would not even consider doing. Words are not just words. THAT is true for you and every other sentient life form capable of writing them. Some things you dont even want to THINK about.

It stands to reason she found a sufficient internal conflict so as to object. You arent her so you dont know why. BUT dont down play the importance of a thought implanted in a mind......

think about that and get back to me.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Its' a heck of a lot more than that .. and you know it.

The fact that some here think it's okay for a school teacher to make students stand, extend their right arms with the palm facing down, and recite from memory a pledge to foreign country even when that student is very uncomfortable with it and other students don't have to recite other pledges ... well that is just BIZARRE.

Just 'shut up and take it' . ... what a mentality.

I'd like to see a school try to push that slavery should still be legal because the Civil War was about states rights ... and make black students 'shut up and take it' in a classroom. Yeah ... right.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   

I've said it, Benevolent Heretic has said it... many people have tried to explain but sadly, those with an agenda find their hearing a bit selective when they're on a rant.

Many people have tried to explain the situation to YOU .. but sadly your own agenda makes your hearing a bit selective since you are on a rant.

Bigots think what they think and nobody can change it...

So I'm a bigot? Against WHO? I dare you ... I REALLY dare you ....

I AM NOT THE TOPIC ... The topic is ... an American Student was punished for refusing to salute and recite the Mexican Pledge. Your insults and deflections are not on the topic.

edit on 3/1/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   

You're ridiculous... you gave up YOUR salute (that you;re now Criticising Mexicans for using) because some evil people also used it... how pathetic

Don't be obtuse. I didn't get on the Mexicans for using it. I described how it looked. It looks exactly like the NAZI salute. that's the truth. BTW your continued deflection attempts and insults are off topic. How about you TRY to stay on topic. American STudent Punished for Refusing to Salute and Recite Mexican Pledge.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
You know what? fine, lets make the American pledge of allegiance mandatory as well. It promotes cohesion and a sense of national spirit which is just like school spirit.

Is everyone in agreement? We make EVERYONE including atheists pledge their allegiance to the flag under God...is that cool? Don't be quiet hypocrites. Stand up and say so......just words, YET some people have asked to make it optional? It was "just words" then right? Why the big fuss about not wanting your kids to be forced to say it then?

Why not make atheists pray? Or Jews eat pork, or anything...nothing matters right?

Just....meaningless stuff? Right?

Nothing matters......right? Nothing.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join