It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you need history lessons?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Hello ATS.

I want to preface this thread by stating that I work as a land surveyor in the state of Louisiana and it is somewhat my job to know a bit about the history of the land surrounding us. Today I was working on a Subdivision Plat when I came across something labled "Theoretical Sections". Basically they have to do with land grants given by Mexico and the Caddo Indians before the origional land surveys were performed by the United States Government.

During my research into these theoretical sections I came across the treaty that gave the land to the State of Louisiana. Lets take a look at it shal we....

Articles of a treaty made at the Agency-house in the Caddo nation and State of Louisiana, on the first day of July in the year of our Lord one thousand eight hundred und thirty-five, between Jehiel Brooks, Commissioner on the part of the United States, and the Chiefs, head men, and Warriors of the Caddo nation of Indians.

ARTICLE 1:

The chiefs, head men, and warriors of the said nation agree to cede and relinquish to the United States all their land contained in the following boundaries: to-wit:

(Legal description that the layman probably wouldn't understand, but can be found at the source link)

ARTICLE 2:

The said chiefs head men and warriors of the said nation do voluntarily relinquish their possession to the territory of land aforesaid and promise to remove at their own expense out of the boundaries of the United States and the territories belonging and appertaining thereto within the period of one year from and after the signing of this treaty and never more return to live settle or establish themselves as a nation tribe or community of people within the same.

ARTICLE 3:

In consideration of the aforesaid cession relinquishment and removal it is agreed that the said United States shall pay to the said nation of Caddo Indians the sums in goods, horses, and money hereinafter mentioned, to wit—

ARTICLE 4:

It is further agreed that the said Caddo nation of Indians shall have authority to appoint an agent or attorney in fact, resident within the United States for the purpose of receiving for them from the said United States all of the annuities stated in this treaty as the same shall become due to be paid to their said agent or attorney in fact at such place or places within the said United States as shall be agreed on between him and the proper Officer of the Government of the United States.

ARTICLE 5:

This treaty, after the same shall have been ratified and confirmed by the President and Senate of the United States, shall be binding on the contracting parties.

In testimony whereof, the said Jehiel Brooks, commissioner as aforesaid, and the chiefs, head men, and warriors of the said nation of Indians, have hereunto set their hands, and affixed their seals at the place and on the day and year above written.

J. Brooks, [L. S.]

Tarshar, his x mark, [L. S.]

Tsauninot, his x mark, [L. S.]

Satiownhown, his x mark, [L. S.]

Tennehinum, his x mark, [L. S.]

Oat, his x mark, [L. S.]

Tinnowin, his x mark, [L. S.]

Chowabah, his x mark, [L. S.]

Kianhoon, his x mark, [L. S.]

Tiatesum, his x mark, [L. S.]

Tehowawinow, his x mark, [L. S.]

Tewinnum, his x mark, [L. S.]

Kardy, his x mark, [L. S.]

Tiohtow, his x mark, [L. S.]

Tehowahinno, his x mark, [L. S.]

Tooeksoach, his x mark, [L. S.]

Tehowainia, his x mark, [L. S.]

Sauninow, his x mark, [L. S.]

Saunivoat, his x mark, [L. S.]

Highahidock, his x mark, [L. S.]

Mattan, his x mark, [L. S.]

Towabinneh, his x mark, [L. S.]

Aach, his x mark, [L. S.]

Sookiantow, his x mark, [L. S.]

Sohone, his x mark, [L. S.]

Ossinse, his x mark, [L. S.]

In presence of—

T. J. Harrison, captain, Third Regiment Infantry, commanding detachment,

J. Bonnell, first lieutenant, Third Regiment U. S. Infantry,

J. P. Frile, brevet second lieutenant, Third Regiment U. S. Infantry,

D. M. Heard, M. D., acting assistant surgeon U. S. Army,

Isaac Williamson,

Henry Queen,

John W. Edwards, interpreter.

Agreeably to the stipulations in the third article of the treaty, there have been purchased at the request of the Caddo Indians, and delivered to them, goods and horses to the amount of thirty thousand dollars. As evidence of the purchase and delivery as aforesaid, under the direction of the commissioner, and that the whole of the same have been received by the said Indians, the said commissioner, Jehiel Brooks, and the undersigned, chiefs and head men of the whole Caddo nation of Indians, have hereunto set their hands, and affixed their seals, the third day of July, in the year of our Lord one thousand eight hundred and thirty-five.

There is more to it if you wish to view the SOURCE LINK. Mostly stuff about the Grappe Line (which origionally lead me to actually reading the treaty) and the interpreter for the Caddo Indians.

I believe the Indians were horribly wronged and truly feel bad for what happened to them, but thats not the point of this thread. This thread is to highlight the lengths government will go to just to acquire what they want. They will dangle magic trinkets in front of you for however long it takes for you to get on the same page with them, then without notice they will leave you in the gutter to die. Don't be fooled by the mirage that has been put in front of your eyes. If you truly think there isn't some ulterior motive behind all of the nice things they are doing for our safety, then you deserve exactly what the Indians got. The only thing about the Indians is that they didn't have a chance to read history books and see the true ways of the 'white man'. They were truly naive and because of this they lost everything they loved.

Next time you want to advocate for use of governmant drones in our skies, or try to ban something that is there for the whole nation's protection, ask yourself "whats the worst that could happen?" Ask yourself that and truly think about it because as history has shown, sometimes the worst thing that could happen does happen.

MOTF!

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I guess some can't see the forrest because of all the trees.

MOTF!

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by MessOnTheFED!

Sn f, you are after all correct, the .gov will do and or say anything to get what they want, they are outside of moral obligations, and the law only applies to regu lar folks.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by MessOnTheFED!

Irony is an illegal alien calling a man more indigenous than him an illegal alien.

war is peace.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by inverslyproportional

Exactly! That's what I don't understand about the "the government is there to help us" crowd. All you got to do is look at their track record to get a sense of where we are headed.

MOTF!

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by threewisemonkeys

Apparently we all missed the memo. Its like opposite day or something.

MOTF!

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Its all relative, if you asked the Natchez Indians what they thought of this they would be happy as the Caddo helped slaughter them.

new topics

top topics

join