It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"All life's questions" answered six hours before dying

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Baddogma
reply to post by Aleister

I've experienced many deaths around me (hope no curse is involved... kidding) and only one produced odd occurrences (other than memorable dreams of the deceased dropping by to say "see-ya..") where a friend's accidental suicide lead to troubled dreams and exploding light-bulbs for our circle for weeks (literally 3 bulbs for me and several more for the others ... never counted them all)... and haven't had one "explode" into powder and shards before or since.

That, plus experiencing other haunted houses suggest, for me, that something seems to survive tied to our consciousness. The common explanations about ghosts might be true. Dunno, but our current consensus ideas about death (in both mainstream religion and science) are lacking.

Well, if your friend "accidently suicide(d)" I can imagine he/she would be irritated enough as a ghost to go around exploding lightbulbs. I've never seen or heard a light bulb explode, so that must have been an interesting phenomena (can't say it was related to the death but if it occurred among several people in the friends circle of friends, the spirit communicating is at least one possible explanation among many, which makes it an important personal experience for you). I've never had a haunted house ghostie, although some houses just naturally feel heavy or depressed (ghosts aren't one of my things, never seen one or been given a confirmed and definite message by one). And ha! - our "current consensus ideas about..." almost everything is lacking! Thanks for sharing your lightbulb incidents.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   

I wasn't able to really reply as fully as I would have liked yesterday, only being able to pop in here and there on the site.

I should have added to the discussion, what the accepted scientific explanation for this phenomenon is.

When a person lays dying over a long period of time, it is believed that massive amounts of '___' are released in the brain, causing hallucinations. It is also theorized that the lack of oxygen to the brain during the process of dying is another culprit in this phenomenon.

Peace,
Cirque

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Noted.

Oh and a side note, there was the handful of incidents of "flurries of knocking" that seemed to come from the walls experienced by me and the others... the exploding light bulbs were rather more spectacular, though, and they were linked in time.

Assuming survival, I've been interested in what "rules" apply. The incidents came in intervals and I've wondered why these things termed "haunting" always seem to have these intervals... saving up energy like we do "here?" Dunno.

And yup, the more one learns, the more that info about our realities seem "lacking." I hope to find a tipping point of info where this world starts to make holistic sense in regards to consciousness, anyway, without resorting to dogma.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Before going to sleep, my grandfather, on the night he died collected his life insurance papers and military records from his filing cabinet and laid them out for my grandmother. He also called all of his children and told them he loved them. He went to bed early and died from heart failure in the night. I believe minimally he was informed of his impending passing. Perhaps those who are deemed capable of dealing with such information rationally are given the opportunity.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by CirqueDeTruth

I wasn't able to really reply as fully as I would have liked yesterday, only being able to pop in here and there on the site.

I should have added to the discussion, what the accepted scientific explanation for this phenomenon is.

When a person lays dying over a long period of time, it is believed that massive amounts of '___' are released in the brain, causing hallucinations. It is also theorized that the lack of oxygen to the brain during the process of dying is another culprit in this phenomenon.

Peace,

Cirque

That may have occurred, but Ida (her real name) was up and about the next morning very chipper and excited about what she had just experienced. She wasn't dying at that point (although maybe, thinking of it now and the posts on this thread, maybe she had a heart episode as she went to bed, released some '___' as posters say, and the had her experiences but her body kicked backed in again, for six or seven hours at least). Thanks for bringing that thought to me. Appreciated.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
The mind will find the final truth when it leaves the body".- Socrates

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 01:34 AM
link   

When my dad died, he kept asking who all the other people were. It was just me and his wife in the room. It was actually a few days before he slipped in to a coma and died. It was very strange as he seemed to know what was going on otherwise but when we asked him who was there he couldn't explain it. He would point and say they were standing right over there (usually in a small gap behind the couch) and when we said we couldn't see them and ask what they looked like he just looked confused and shook his head. We would continue talking and then a bit later he'd ask again. Eventually he started getting frustrated and would ask why we invited so many people over, what everyone was doing there, and so on. He never seemed to be able to answer any questions about what he saw though.
I knew I had seen that somewhere on the hospice papers we were given. Usually it's listed as delirium or a hallucination: Number 4 on this one
edit on 1-3-2013 by TLDRkc because: add link

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by TLDRkc

That is nice, although your dad wasn't saying he recognized them. If I may ask, how long was this before he died? In Ida's case it was overnight the night before, about six hours before she died, and apparantly in her case the people were acting out scenes (?) or some form of communication was going on.

Thanks for the input, and welcome as a member. You may want to write more as a new member, and once you get 20 posts you can put up threads about things you know that you think are sharable, about questions you have, etc. It's a pretty good adventure writing here, so again, welcome.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   

I would guess around 3 days before he died but I can't remember the exact timeline. It was the last day he was completely awake and alert, the next day, maybe two, he rapidly became unaware of what was going on and eventually was in a coma for the very last day.
Anyway, I can't explain it but this is one that I can't really write off despite believable medical explanations. I've read many near-death experience stories where they are able to recount things that were just impossible. One I remember pretty well a guy's heart stopped and he was able to repeat word-for-word what his relatives were saying while at the opposite end of the hospital.
Thanks again

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Libertygal

We have even had patients in rooms a couple of doors down, that had NO way of knowing anything about the patient in 4B, call the nurse and ask, "Did that red haired lady just die? I know she did, because she came by to see me and tell me I am going to be alright. Then she said goodbye."

I love such stories because even if "only" personal accounts of people and their experiences, they have something genuine about it which makes them very credible.

I am reading those books by Chris Carter right now, they cover NDEs and afterlife really well.

I am afraid that for many of the experiences reported by many people, '___' and "hallucinations" won't cut it.

Not sure, it might have been be that author even who said "To prove that white horses exist, all its needs is ONE single white horse". The evidence that consciousness survives our physical death is overwhelming.
edit on 1-3-2013 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Hea Al. Yes, I'm stalking you now.
No personal experience although my grandmother reported a near death experience. She was on the operating table and her heart had stopped. She was resuscitated with an electric shock. When she came around she said that she had watched the whole thing. She was not awake when it all happened. My gran was not the type of person to talk bullcarp. I believe her...

Anyway... Perhaps "Graham Hancock ~ Dmt Is The Answer"

www.youtube.com...

Wait that video was uploaded by "Alistar666" That's probably you anyway! On the (remote) off chance that it's not...

You might find this interesting... Rick Strassman and his book "Dmt the spirit molecule".

Also www.rickstrassman.com...

blogs.howstuffworks.com...
edit on 6-3-2013 by MrN9k because: (no reason given)

and... "Dmt And Near Death Experiences"
www.youtube.com...

Also... If I type dmt in caps it looks like this :'___'. Odd.
edit on 6-3-2013 by MrN9k because: Why can't I type dmt in caps?

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by poloblack

That's pretty interesting, but apparently it wouldn't apply to those that die instantly from gunplay or a car crash.

Maybe that's true-- but not necessarily. Some people suffering near-death experiences, even in some cases involving trauma, do talk about seeing their whole lives flash or play out before their eyes....

I have experienced, as have many, altered states of consciousness where only a few seconds seemed like several minutes or longer, quite literally. In a couple cases, even more extreme time dilation than this. (Looking up the term "moments of eternity" might yield more information
) So the mind, in certain states of consciousness, can absolutely distort perception of time to a high degree. I have long considered it possible that the last moment before death... even a second or two as the final transition away from life occurs, might actually be somehow altered by the brain to seem like a small eternity.

Just a thought....

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
When my grandmother was dying in her bed, we were all around her and a priest came in. After we finished saying prayers, she started to have a conversation with someone in a language we have never heard before. It sounded like Latin. She kept talking to this person for about 30 minutes and they made her laugh so much that she was out of breath. She was quiet for awhile before she told us that someone was sent to take her. She said, "Ok, bye bye. Let's go." As if she was leaving for a few days and then coming back! We were all in shock when she laughed a bit, lay her head on the pillow, closed her eyes, still smiling and sighed. She just stopped breathing and never woke up again. Till today, apparently she comes back every Thursday to check on her home. People report seeing her walk through the house as if inspecting or something.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oannes
The mind will find the final truth when it leaves the body".- Socrates

I take that to mean the truth is subjective, and we can't really find it in this reality.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by MrN9k

Stalk away! Look at my "location" on my nametag. No, the youtube guy wasn't me, I've never done a youtube (I should though). To name drop, I talked with Ingo Swann a few years ago and he had a 25-minute out-of-body thing happen either in an operation or an he was "unconscious" and he hovered over his body the whole time watching it.

And for all the people with relatives with new death experiences, it's such a common occurrance that people should sell tickets to hospices (reminds me, I have to call a friend of mine whose mother the hospital is trying to muderizel by taking away her breathing tube and feeding tube - they told my friend she had a week and then that was it. Criminal.) I like the grandmother ghost who checks out her house every Thursday!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join