It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you ever had an experience that changed your mind about Reincarnation??

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 02:00 AM
link   

reply to post by Cancerwarrior

I know it is true though because I experienced it.

Eve perceived the fruit to be good....
The sons of God saw that the daughters of men were beautiful....

Jesus said that He did judge based upon what He saw.

Please stop concluding your "truth" by what you experience through your senses. It is a surefire way for you to be misled and to possibly believe lies as "truths". For example, the trick of eastern mediation is that you are told that you are actually divine and immortal, but that to realise this "truth", you must attain "spiritual enlightenment" through the practice of meditation in order to experience (perceive) the "truth" of this "truth". To a generation devoid of faith and indoctrinated to believe in the objectiveness of science, the experiences and perceptions that meditation brings "proves" the "truth". And to this end, once the lie is believed as your truth, it is nearly impossible for anybody to offer other evidence which contradicts the "truth" that you have come to, especially since you have experiences.

The truth? Only God is immortal. If that was your truth, though you may 'experience' something like you did, you'd automatically know that your experiences would not be evidence of reincarnation because it's a lie as old as time. Our Father in Heaven is revealing the deceit around us and the methods used by wicked men to instill fear in mankind. He is showing how newscasts are scripted, how false images are used to convince us of things that happened that really didn't, and how wickedness has manipulated the population into believing things as truths that only further their power and control.

For all of us, the message is the same: those who are deceived never learned to love the truth. Therefore, they WILL believe the delusion and thus the lie. He is there, a heartfelt prayer away. He alone can cast your falsehoods crashing to the ground. I can attest its very mentally painful to see your former beliefs exposed for what they are - lies - but He is right there with you during this process. He will show you what Buddhism and Hinduism is, and He will show you why it's religious practices of meditation are pouring into our schools, our hospitals, our medical practitioners, and our workplaces, and by whom. He will show you why people accept it yet those same will fight tooth and nail if somebody proposed to bring in Christian biblical meditation into the classroom.

Reincarnation is the serpents lie - "you surely will not die". God's Truth is that you will, and that eternal life is a gift, from Him. Many want the first to be true, but all will find out that the latter is true.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 02:01 AM
link   
I liked what you had said prophet boy and I've wondered what the fascination was for those who performed these reenactments. I feel they are trying to get something of themselves back from that past life experience. When my Dad was in Vietnam he was involved in a battle and he astrally left his body during the fire fight. Perhaps this created a fragmentation of his soul, He later returned to the country and I feel it brought him a greater sense of peace after he did this.

Galadriel, what you are describing with the Over Soul is called simultaneous incarnation. It allows you to advance at a much greater pace and spectrum of experience than the sequential path which progresses very slowly.

I enjoyed your thread warrior. S&F!

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 03:28 AM
link   
in my opinion, digging into the out of body experience is probably a good way to get the answer.

luckily for me, i happen to master OBEs very well, and in that matter, reincarnation feels very real, considering that for someone who can travel out of body, time, space, and individuality has a very different meaning.

I'll even go further, suggesting that anything that exists can't "not exist" anymore.... thus existence may very well be infinite and eternal. i know this may sound stupid from a limited human point of view, but it actually pictures how the universe works.

in many very serious books (descartes, eliphas levi and many others) you may get to understand that, once again, out of void, existence can not get back to nothingness, this is how it is, and knowing that, we probably will keep playing this game for some billions and billions of years..

however, that doesn't mean we have to believe anyone can ever recall any previous life. some people seem to honnestly believe they remembered their previous life, but, out of individuality, we may very well be able to remember someone else's life, out of some kind of empathy, some sort of wandering memory caught in someone else's mind....... see akachic records stuff for instance. admitting reincarnation doesn't mean we have to admit we can dig into our previous lives, two different things i believe.

sounds meaningfull to anyone ?
edit on 27-2-2013 by Latexpriest because: forgot important detail

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Cancerwarrior

Not yet! Maybe in the next life....

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 03:31 AM
link   
An experience.. Not so much. But Socrates.. has swayed me in many many ways in the discussion before his death. It's because of him that made me believe in reincarnation.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 03:43 AM
link   
the Kabbalah as well as the tibetan monks seem to have a very profound view of the subject.

check on a book "Sefer haGilgulim" (the wheel of souls) , amazing stuff

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Deja vu is a brain dysfunction. It can be re-created in laboratories by firing certain magnets at certain parts of the brain.

It sounds like you had a panic attack, maybe a PTSD attack from being in a battle field since you were already deployed.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 04:14 AM
link   
sure, deja vu can be a brain mechanism, but it is something else when you take notes of your dreams, and then, 10 years later, you see and hear exactly what you took note of. knowing a factor of deja vu doesn't have to make it a rule, life is a bit more complex than that. getting to know that 5+5=10 doesn't mean it's the only way to get to 10.

and i'm not so sure "deja vu" can actually be related to reincarnation. those are two different subjects, but who really knows, i do not hold the ultimate truth.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 04:35 AM
link   
IMO, it makes perfectly reasonable and logical sense to believe in the idea of 'reincarnation'.

Life is a journey and we are here to learn. If we gain enough wisdom, experience and knowledge of how the universe operates, we can choose to assend, those who aren't ready follow the 'white light at the end of the tunnel' upon death and are usually instantly transported into a new baby in the womb to start over.

Ghosts are the ones who try to hold back from returning to earth for one reason or another, but eventually they have to return because they're on a very dense frequency which isn't up to much!

The only thing I'm not sure about yet is do we return to a similar location from where we lived and died our previous lives upon reincarnation, and is it possible we reincarnate as our 'own' grand-children', or are we transported to another part of the world to learn, and experience another life, perhaps even another world, perhaps we have a choice?
edit on 27-2-2013 by Just Chris because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by WaterBottle

Deja vu is a brain dysfunction. It can be re-created in laboratories by firing certain magnets at certain parts of the brain.

It sounds like you had a panic attack, maybe a PTSD attack from being in a battle field since you were already deployed.

Not my version of dejavu.. It's a movie and I know what happens next for usually about 3 minutes. I had one that was about 30 minutes.. I've told others what was going on before it happened.. "Amy is about to walk in and she will say "blah blah blah." my girlfriend is like "who is amy?" I don't know any amy but I know im about to meet her in 3, 2, 1... Bam...

Can't prove it to any of you guys unless you are around me next time it happens.. Everyone I know thinks I am psychic, but I'm not..

funny how everyone seems to think there is normal function and dysfunction, rather than looking at math to know there are many possible functions all resulting in different answers based on the same input.. There is no one version..

time is only one way of seeing, if you fall into time.. There is a reason "make the world stop." is a concept for "going to the other world." Time being one function, Eternity is the other, mostly called Now by "normal" people..

Star to latexpriest.. I agree with that take on it that reincarnation and dejavu are separate issues. I already alluded to what I think it is in this post.. The experience of time could be called "beating around the bush."

edit on 2/27/2013 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by WhoKnows100

Please stop concluding your "truth" by what you experience through your senses.

And how do you know that your "truth" is real, by your experiences, through your senses? Who are you to evaluate another's personal spiritual experiences as lies?

It is a surefire way for you to be misled and to possibly believe lies as "truths".

So, the Bible is the only source of truth, and anything else is false, including personal experience. How can we believe the characters in the Bible, who relay their personal experiences, but not trust our own? What kind of personal God is that?

For example, the trick of eastern mediation is that you are told that you are actually divine and immortal,

And the trick of western Christianity is to make you think that you are nothing but a wretched sinner and your good works are as filthy rags.

I'll take door "Number 1"

Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again. The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

Jesus taught reincarnation! Many people agree. There is a case for reincarnation in numerous places in your Bible! Many Jewish scholars believe in reincarnation and claim that the Torah and Talmud teach it!

judaism.about.com...

edit on 27-2-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 05:23 AM
link   
well, before someone can believe jesus said anything on the topic, first someone would have to make sure Jesus ever existed as a real person, not just a metaphore for the sun.... People should take a a look at zeitgeist the movie, then come back and talk about Jesus.

i mean no disrespect to believers of course, but "Jesus" sounds a bit out of topic, even if this guy supposedly woke up 3 days after death (again this is related to the sun, not an individual).

respectfully

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Latexpriest

I don't think there is much of an arguement over whether Jesus existed...as it appears he did...and even the Muslim Religion talks about Jesus as they consider him to be a Great Prophet...thus there is a good deal of evidence.

What I would like to say about this TOPIC is.............................

..............Have you ever noticed the people who say they were Reincarnated always say they were once a person of IMPORTANCE....such as a Woman saying...I was once Cleopatra in a former life...or I was Joan of Arc....or a Guy will say....I was George Washington in a former life or I was the Roman Emperor Julius Ceaser...or I was Henry VIII.

You NEVER hear such people say....I used to dig holes for people to S#!% in in a former life....or I was a Prostitute.....or I was in Prison for stealing a Goat...in a former life! LOL!

Although Reincarnation may be a possibility....I am fairly certain we would not remember it as well as the people who make such glorious claims were probably just ordinary....or perhaps they were a COW.

Such claims are known to occur in other Paranormal issues as it is a FACT that various Police, FBI and even CIA officials have used Psychics to locate lost persons. Such Psychics are far and inbetween introverted people who are quiet about their abilities and would never talk about such things in public.

I did a favor for my Mom some time ago helping her with a Party where a self proclaimed Psychic was to do readings for fun. I helped out and watched as one of these women put on this ellaborate show and was quite the snob and seemed to hold herself in much reverence. I have an issue with such people and although my Mom is a very intelligent woman with multiple degrees...she is VERY polite and would NEVER say a bad word to confront a guest in her home that was acting like an ASSH#$@. I on the other hand am a bit more flexible in such matters.

At the end of this party...in which I kept my mouth shut the whole time as this woman went on and on about herself and abilities as well as made sure to put down anyone she could as this seemed to thrill her....and since she did not say anything bad to my Mom...I kept quiet.

She left and I went upstairs and was called back down as several ladies dragged me by the arm as they said someones car would not start in this now very cold winter night. There...standing by a Light Yellow in color with some rust on it's body VW BUG...was the Lady Psychic....looking all flustered and barking at others to stand back as she touched this and that under the hood as if she knew how to fix it....which she did not.

I walked over to the BUG with all the Ladies standing around it and looking at me. I looked at the engine as not a peep could be heard as the ladies waited for my assessment and then I said so all could ear...."Well...I guess you did not see THIS coming!"

Every woman there broke out into a Roar of Laughter so loud and strong I thought they would die! LOL!

Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity

I don't think there is much of an arguement over whether Jesus existed...as it appears he did...and even the Muslim Religion talks about Jesus as they consider him to be a Great Prophet...thus there is a good deal of evidence.

so that makes it a good deal of evidence... right .. ok. won't argue with you, as i mean no disrespect to your beliefs, and as you say, it is out of topic.

however, i totally agree with you, most of people we may hear about, saying they were someone of importance, have a real problem with their own present life, some issue with the ego ; and even if they have some previous life experience, it doesn't mean it is THEIR previous experience, and doesn't prove either that reincarnation exists or not. it might very well be about some ocean of consciousness wich we would be able to catch, like some sort of antenna for previous memory, but not necessarily ours.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by NarcolepticBuddha

Looking at your name, I can't but assume you are a cancer survivor, or in the middle of a bout? I am a cancer survivor and have been in remission for about 11 years now. Let me tell you something. Back when I was diagnosed, I was a confirmed atheist-nihilist and thought I had the entire cosmos figured out.

Yes. I was diagnosed in July 2011 with stage 4 metastatic melanoma. I had a tumor the size of a plum in my sinus cavities as well as one in my brain and several more in my lungs and neck and abdomen. Tumors were literally popping up on me overnight while I was at the hospitol. The doctors told me that only 10 people out of 100 have their tumors stop shrinking while on the Biochemotherapy. And out of those 10 only 3 people will have the response that I did. Which was No evidence of disease 5 months later. So three people out of 100. Thats one hell of a lottery to win and tells me that I have to be here for something. Nothing shocks you into the reality of death quite like a doctor telling you to go ahead and make a will out while you are still alive. I underwent 5 months of biochemotherapy and radiation and had the gamma knife procedure for the tumor in my brain. I was always a cynical pessimistic type person and saw myself as strongly independent of anyone or anything else. I guess being in wars and seeing the horrible things people do to each other influenced my thinking like this. But while I was undergoing treatment I had so many instances of people that just wanted to help me out. People would come visit and pray with me. The company that I worked for paid my health insurance and helped out with gas money to make sure I could get back and forth to Houston. There was also a local motorcycle club that raised 3,000 selling plate lunches just to help us out. I think maybe I had to learn that its OK to trust people and if they want to help you, then let them.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 06:36 AM
link   

I am an Agnostic so I am not Religious. But I will state certain facts or High Probabilities.

Based upon the Historical evidence....there is a very high probability that Jesus lived.

Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 06:46 AM
link   
sure, there are evidences that one and even more than one person fit the description of Jesus, existed. however that doesn't mean Jesus, the one guy existed at all.

seriously, you should consider watching Zeitgiest the movie.
www.youtube.com...

start at 00:7:00 and watch for about 15 mins, that's what you will call " evidences".

as i said, believe what you will, but treat yourself with this, then reconsider the myth.

with respect.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by WaterBottle

I have been clinically diagnosed with PTSD. I've never had panic attacks. This was the one and only instance in my life where I have experienced this. I have struggled with depression and anger and alcohol and substance abuse for years. I have had bullets whiz past my head. I have been on the recieving end of mortar fire. I've had several friends that I knew die or get seriously maimed in IED atttacks and i've seen mass graves of entire families after they have been dead and in the ground for several years. My first detail I got put on when I went to Bosnia was picking up the peices of a woman, her son and their mule scattered over a 50m radius. They were plowing a field and hit an anti-tank mine left over from the war and blew up. So i can't discount what you say at all. But this experience just did not feel like straight up anxiety. It was a totally irrational fear that I felt. Like getting panicked by shooting fireworks or something. The wars that i was in and the one that I went to watch get reenacted were totally different wars fought in totally different ways. Mixed in with just knowing that I had seen all of this before and it was all wrong. For a while I just could not make sense of it. Until I started reading that apparently there are alot of people who have had similar experiences as mine. Actually having lived it before makes the most sense to me now.
edit on 27-2-2013 by Cancerwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by frayed1

I think it is interesting that alot of people so far have responded saying they recall memories in their dreams. I am probably the most non-lucid dreamer I know of, and I hardly ever remember mine. But occasionally I will remember fragments of dreams. And I am always in some type of war. On some type of battlefield. Sometimes with swords and axes, sometimes with people I know and dont know. And sometimes (I know this sounds crazy) on different planets. I think maybe I have lived as a soldier in alot of lives and maybe thats why I remember those dreams more. Because they actually happened.

Thank you everyone for your replies and sharing your experiences also. This thread has showed me there are many people that know what I am talking about, even though I can't really explain it.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   
A personal story then. When I was very active with a Psychic research group and at one of our meetings I was way across a semi-large room from the sign up desk. I saw a woman with long hair and her back turned to me signing it for the meeting. Without thinking about it I walked quickly to her side and, again without thinking about it, asked "Are you married this time?" She was, and it could have ended there, but it turned out we were spot on conversationalists with each other and I knew her and spend hundreds of hours with her for years. I helped raise her young son by being around, and was taking care of her home when her mother died there (she knew it too, when she left - and that's a good story too. I'll make a thread right now about that and www.abovetopsecret.com... post the link here.) Well, this woman and I had hundreds of psychic experiences together, just because we expected them. She had a huge backstory too, and that overlapped with mine in many ways.

Jane Roberts (Seth Material), as well as my teacher, didn't believe in reincarnation per se, because time is happening all at once so the "past" lives isn't applicable. I guess a recent movie I haven't seen yet plays on this theme, so it's becoming more mainstream (along with lots of other high-level data). Thanks for the thread, a good question.

edit on 27-2-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join