It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humanity at a new low: Forcing disabled and autistic to fight.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
eh, does not really bother me. In fact in all honesty I would pay to see it and if it was on TV most would watch it at home.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by lordtyp0

This is a sickening story and I would hate to think where else this type of behavior is happening also. To me, nothing is going to happen because from the report there is no evidence to suggest that they are being forced to fight each other. But lets say they are, then I would love to see the people responsible behind bars and ordered to fight for their lives against a seasoned prisoner so they know what I feels like.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Superhans
eh, does not really bother me. In fact in all honesty I would pay to see it and if it was on TV most would watch it at home.

What, disabled adults forced to fight against each other for your thrills? Maybe if they consent I would agree but how can you say it doesn't bother you? What would you do if you were forced to fight against a 7th dan black belt? Would it bother you then?

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy

What, disabled adults forced to fight against each other for your thrills? Maybe if they consent I would agree but how can you say it doesn't bother you? What would you do if you were forced to fight against a 7th dan black belt? Would it bother you then?

Wouldn't mind fighting a black belt, although they are kind of boring.
My moral compass has evolved beyond the comprehension of many, I understand that it offends some.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
While I have never seen or experienced anything this base and obvious, it doesn't surprise me at all. When I attended PTSD and depression group it was a common thing to hear people talk about absolutely shocking treatment they'd received - either in hospitals, facilities, or from the police. As sad as it is, I honestly think that it is a target of opportunity thing for some people. They develop very sadistic tendencies and see the physically and mentally ill as free chances to exercise those urges. After all, if it ever got reported or made it to court - all the cop would have to say ( or have their attorney say ) is "Who do you believe? This upstanding peace officer / nurse / orderly - or this person with a history of ________???"

Part of me thinks the answer lay in adding the disabled to the list of people who it is automatically a felony to abuse. Then again, another part of me thinks that maybe the answer would be to loosen up the current laws on assaulting these human defectives. Some will probably say that two wrongs never make a right. I counter with the fact that most folks who get beaten down for something - tend not to do it twice.

~Heff

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   

My moral compass has evolved beyond the comprehension of many, I understand that it offends some.

The point is these people are not on television giving you your thrills. They are in a centre where they are meant to be taken care of, not forced to beat the crap out of each other for the thrills of so-called carers.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   

The point is these people are not on television giving you your thrills. They are in a centre where they are meant to be taken care of, not forced to beat the crap out of each other for the thrills of so-called carers.

See? This is what I was talking about. This does not bother me yet you continue to get on the soap box about it, what part of it does not bother me don't you get?

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   

See? This is what I was talking about. This does not bother me yet you continue to get on the soap box about it, what part of it does not bother me don't you get?

What part of "doesn't bother me" are you talking about? Is it because you don't believe this is happening? You think its OK for people to be taken advantage of in the Mental sector? By the sounds of it, you welcome this behavior with open arms.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Good Idea, I'll do it myself.It would be a spiritually fulfilling experience.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 04:29 AM
link   
How do we know they were 'forced' ? If we say autistic people can't consent are we not dehumanizing them ?
edit on 26-2-2013 by bigdohbeatdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Your moral compass has sunk below the sea's groundlevel.

1. If you are autistic, I understand that you do not have the emotional intelligence needed for this.

2. If you are having Asperger's syndrome, I would think that you should be able to understand that people care for helpless beings.

3. In any other case the best I could say about you is that Aleister Crowley has beaten you already on every level you could even think of and on many more.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by timidgal
... it incites my ire when I see an anti-Obama thread (and I'm neither pro nor con for Obama so that's not the issue here) which has 50 replies and then one of this type of importance that has 10 replies...

Sometimes (well, most of the time) I look at it as a source of great personal pride that the threads I start receive very little to no attention whatsoever. The reason why can be explained by what passes as "popular" these days ... crap like Jersey Shore and Honey Boo Boo.

So no thanks, I like taking the road less traveled by, and it is making all the difference.

Back on topic, this story saddens me since I belong to one of the groups being exploited herein. My condition brings with it its own set of obstacles to overcome, but if any of those orderlies came to me expecting me to fight they would surely get one, and not in the way they intended.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
THIS is why I will never put any relative in any kind of "care" facility. My Mom is 70 and very active, but there will come a time when she just can't go it alone. She will be coming to live with my family or my sister because we do not trust these types of places. Suit after suit has been brought against nursing homes for abuse or neglect and each time it is swept under the rug as fast as possible. The staff intimidate the victims, threatening them with revenge after the family leaves, if they say anything. If one of these were my child, I'd be meeting someone in the parking lot after they got off. A beating is all they deserve. Yeah, I know I sound violent and all that. But people who abuse kids or the mentally handicapped deserve the same treatment X10.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by daryllyn
Absolutely disgusting.

Were there background checks ran on these individuals before they were hired?

I hope they get a nice little vacation. In jail.

Background checks really means nothing, unless you have a record. There are plenty of criminals that just haven't been caught yet, therefore rendering background checks on these individuals useless.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

Probably a great deal of truth to what you say. Historically, at least, care facilities for the mentally disabled have had massive issues with patient abuse. I also think that those who wish to seek power over another human being would also have a tendency of desiring such a position (not to say that all workers at care facilities are bad--most probably are okay). Almost like how a pedophile may maneuver him or herself into a position where they are likely to be in contact with children--same premise. Look at the mental asylums that were largely shut down after decades of widespread patient abuse.

In a way, it also kind of reminds of me of the Standford Prison Experiment where, when given a position of near absolute power over a human being, depravity and abuse can occur. Abhorrent.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

He's a troll, or he just is an awful human being. But he is constantly in threads saying awful things.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
A guy has become a millionaire off these "bum fights" series. It's repulsing to take advantage of people with mental problems, addictions, etc. just for your own entertainment

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
It may seem harsh but i would put to death those that abuse disabled people. It's horrific. Anyone doing this kind of thing has no place in society.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by lordtyp0

People are definitely getting worse. It says in the book of Revelation that in the end times the natural affections would diminish. Ya think?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join