It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humanity at a new low: Forcing disabled and autistic to fight.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by sayzaar
It may seem harsh but i would put to death those that abuse disabled people. It's horrific. Anyone doing this kind of thing has no place in society.

What are you smoking?

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   

I hope they get a nice little vacation. In hell.

fixed it for you.
also:

My moral compass has evolved beyond the comprehension of many, I understand that it offends some.

maybe your moral compass is "incomprehensible" because you don't have one.
edit on 26-2-2013 by Bob Sholtz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hillarie
reply to post by lordtyp0

People are definitely getting worse. It says in the book of Revelation that in the end times the natural affections would diminish. Ya think?

Without going into what I think on the bible. I would actually say that today is actually far far better than the ancient world where murders were commonplace all over including methods of death by torture.

I think the thing about today is-due to modern media we are aware of the horrors that occur. In the past they were common place and nobody talked about them.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   
This has honestly got me kind of curious. Who would win in a fight between someone with autism and someone with downs?

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   
This is just disgusting to me as an ASD person.

I was planning on going to Vegas when I had the money, but my luck I get knocked out and put in a handicapped fight club.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by toolshed

I hate to answer this, but although you would want to bet on the autistic/aspie person, we take a long time calculating our moves (ala RDJ's Sherlock Holmes- internal monologue and playthrough included). If you want brute strength, go with a Downs person, as they don't know their own strength that much. If you want a fight based on speed and accuracy, Autism.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Superhans

Ted, who let you on ATS?

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Well, all I have to say about this is it is quite revolting and so is anyone who finds it amusing. I can't believe that the clinic has taken a position of "nothing to see here" and not even showing any initiative to investigate. At least I noticed on the page's comments section it looked like one of the Senators of Nevada commented and promised he'd investigate (no idea how true that is).

Kinda amazing how little times have changed, the people that think abusing the mentally handicapped is funny are the same ones that probably would have found feeding people to lions in ancient Rome amusing.

Karma's a b**ch and I'd love to be around to see these types of degenerates get what they deserve.

@ timid I understand your frustration, alot of threads don't seem to garner the responses and attention they deserve. I imagine it is always like this when there is a hot topic debate in the news, lots of threads because they represent easy flags and stars. I could prolly make a thread right now with any outlandish title regarding gun control/2nd amendment that claims outlandish things with no proof and still probably get 20-30 flags.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Why is it that when some human beings act badly, the reputation of humanity as a whole has to suffer? Just because there are some bad people that do horrid things does not mean all humans need to take responsibility for those actions.

While it's not quite as newsworthy, there are plenty of people around the world doing good things and acting with kindness towards their fellow human beings.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Simply awful, but alas no surprise.

Similar things have been happening in the UK too.

Not got a lot more to add because I'm just too angry about it now. Anyway most has already been expressed in some really good posts in this thread.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

Why is it that when some human beings act badly, the reputation of humanity as a whole has to suffer?

because an evil committed by one human can be committed by all humans.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by lordtyp0
I rarely get surprised anymore by how deplorable people are.
From religions of 'peace and love' that spend all their resources on hate and oppression to people who love 'freedom' only if its for people like them.

But this is a new low.
There is a hospital here in Las Vegas where orderlies have been making patients fist fight for their amusement. From autistic individuals to physically disabled.

I am growing to hate people more every day.

Tossing this up for conversation purposes. What should be done to these orderlies? What constitutes justice anymore?
edit on 25-2-2013 by lordtyp0 because: Fixed link

Something that is sociopathic and a extreme minority of the human race, does not reflect the human race.

I do believe in Camera's in hospitals and a few public places.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   

I have worked in this field and can honestly say that,
in my experiance:
Staff spend a lot of time stopping fights and arguements, not creating them!

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Bob Sholtz

That's some strange logic you have going there.

There is potential for (what we define as) evil in every sentient organism. Just because one organism of that type chooses to do something evil does not mean guilt by association should be applied to all others of the same kind.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Although this makes me sick to the stomach I wouldn't say it's a new low after the foul and disgusting history humanity has.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by TheToastmanCometh

Dude you rule. Best answer ever.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheToastmanCometh
reply to post by toolshed

I hate to answer this, but although you would want to bet on the autistic/aspie person, we take a long time calculating our moves (ala RDJ's Sherlock Holmes- internal monologue and playthrough included). If you want brute strength, go with a Downs person, as they don't know their own strength that much. If you want a fight based on speed and accuracy, Autism.

i like that you did answer it - i'm a bit aspie and also work in that field (asd, not getting residents of care homes involved in fights
), and have seen plenty of these go down over the years so i was holding back on commenting on taste grounds - thanks for opening that particular door

now i've seen quite a few more conventionally autistic guys start and win fights, against more dynamic folk with ADD and ADHD, but they normally had the element of surprise , not easy when hyperactive folk can be so twitchy and aware/hyper observant - i guess the key was that the autistic agressor must have been lucky and caught them at a moment when they were distracted by something shiny. anger and distress is key too

i remember one fairly autistic guy who mashed the living daylights out of a very tough, able and streetwise (but pleasant) lad with adhd simply because he joked with him and then prodded him for comedic effect, with out any ill will at all.
well it all went tits up and he got picked up (the agressor was rather strong), shaken around a hell of a lot and smushed up a concrete wall a few times before his aggressor repeatedly tried to fit him into a large industrial shelving unit.
the aggressor was normally jovial and peaceful too, he had just he had his buttons pushed in the wrong way and wildly misread the situation

that being said, i've seen hyperactive lads go on the rampage for considerable lengths of time before they burn themselves out.

i've never witnessed a fight involved a person with downs though, but my money would be on whoever had adhd, provided they are riled and there is not too much of a size handicap.

not that i'm suggesting it's right ofc, i'm being irreverant and sharing my experiences in a somewhat bad taste kind of a way..

obviously all involved should lose their jobs and the organisation's recruitment, supervision and safeguarding processes should be over hauled massively, as well as actually being implemeted.
the related managers and the overall boss should also lose their jobs for letting this happen on their watch and criminal charges should be filed.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by skalla

Definitely a yes to those with Downs - bloody tough. In my mind though, the ones to watch are those that have had a hand or lower arm amputated. Get whacked by a stump and it is lights out time, no questions.

This is sick though (the people encouraging it rather than this thread!). Should certainly be some jail time involved. As it is the good ole' USA they will probably gain a cell mate called Bubba who can teach them the error of their ways!

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Makes me think of the videos about Bum fights.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

That's some strange logic you have going there. There is potential for (what we define as) evil in every sentient organism. Just because one organism of that type chooses to do something evil does not mean guilt by association should be applied to all others of the same kind.

i didn't mean that because one human can commit an atrocity that all were guilty of that specific action, but merely that any magnitude of evil that one human can commit, another can equally match.

essentially i was referencing the capability of humans to do harm. humans derive amusement and humor from the suffering of others, it is something we're all guilty of, and it should bring us all great shame.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join