The Lord is calling me to climb the mountain

page: 1
10
<<   2 >>

log in

join

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
The Earthly leader of the Catholic church, Pope Benedict XVI, has given his final Sunday blessing at the Vatican, before he steps down on Thursday. He then makes a prophetic statement, “The Lord is calling me to climb onto the mountain, to dedicate myself even more to prayer and meditation.”
www.bbc.co.uk...
www.dw.de...

This is an interesting choice of words. Some may understand what he meant, some may not.
To understand, we have to look back into the past and review what other Divinely inspired people have said. I have provided some links to Catholic web sites for referance.
Now I want to make this very clear.
Christians not to treat these predictions as equal to the Bible. The Holy Bible is the source for all future prophecies. While these predictions are interesting and could possibly be true, they are in no way equal to Scripture.
Further more, I’m not here to convert those that do not believe in The Lord Jesus Christ. Nor am I going to be swayed by their nefarious commentary of deception and non belief. That’s been pontificated here before on a plethora of threads. If you don’t like what your reading, then please change the channel. This is a thread about what Pope Benedict XVI said, and of “ ohh, I’ve never thought of that.” I digress and now I’ll continue.
Many have heard or read about the last Pope or Petrus Romanus, the 112th Pope. This is from the vision of The Prophecies of St. Malachy. Some say his version was changed in the printings after 1820 to read 112th Pope. St. Malachy was an Irish bishop who lived in the 12th century. By far the most famous of his prophecies, are the sequence of popes.
www.newadvent.org...

Beginning with Celestine II (166th Pope), who was elected in 1130, to Benedict XVI (266th Pope) equals, 100 Popes since the beginning of St. Malachy’s prophecy. The other eleven are antipopes, meaning the 12th will be Petrus Romanus. And his predecessor, the 111th, designated Gloria olivae. The anti-Popes are: Octavius ("Victor IV") (1159-1164), Pascal III (1165-1168), Callistus III (1168-1177) and Innocent III (1178-1180), Nicholas V,(1328-1330), Robert of Geneva ("Clement VII"), (1378-1394), Pedro de Luna ("Benedict XIII") (1394-1417) and Baldassare Cossa ("John XXIII") (1400-1415), Baldassare Cossa ("John XXIII") (1400-1415), and Pietro Philarghi ("Alexander V") (1409-1410), Amadeus of Savoy ("Felix V"), (1439-1449).
www.newadvent.org...

St Benedict prophesized: before the end of the world his Order, known also as the Olivetans, will triumphantly lead the Catholic Church in its fight against evil. Let’s make it clear; St. Benedict says nothing about a Pope leading the Church at the end of the world.

Pope Benedict XVI, the 111th, is not a Benedictine priest, yet he chose the name of Benedict, the founder of the Order of Saint Benedict, which also is known as the Olivetans (The Glory of the Olive).
www.bibleprobe.com...

This brings us to The Three Secrets of Fátima.
Some regard Wikipedia as a fictional reference. And I would agree that some of the information in it is questionable. However, in referencing the Third Secret, an actual translation is presented.
en.wikipedia.org...
“…And we saw in an immense light that is God: 'something similar to how people appear in a mirror when they pass in front of it' a Bishop dressed in White 'we had the impression that it was the Holy Father'. Other Bishops, Priests, men and women Religious going up a steep mountain, at the top of which there was a big Cross of rough-hewn trunks as of a cork-tree with the bark; before reaching there the Holy Father passed through a big city half in ruins and half trembling with halting step, afflicted with pain and sorrow, he prayed for the souls of the corpses he met on his way; having reached the top of the mountain, on his knees at the foot of the big Cross he was killed by a group of soldiers who fired bullets and arrows at him, and in the same way there died one after another the other Bishops, Priests, men and women Religious, and various lay people of different ranks and positions.”
Here we have what is revealed, a Bishop… going up a steep mountain!
And this brings us back to the beginning. A Pope, who will now return back to a Bishop, states, “The Lord is calling me to climb onto the mountain, to dedicate myself even more to prayer and meditation.”

Edit to add.
Cardinal Tarcisio Pietro Evasio Bertone, was born in Romano, Italy. His name Pietro (Peter), and being from Romano - could this be 'Peter the Roman' or
Petrus Romanus.




posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1
 


"Tarcisio" is "Iscariot" - Anagram

Saw this on a website.

"Cardinal Pietro Evasio Bertone" are the words "AN ISCARIOT REPROBATE, ONE DEVIL."

These things are always interesting.
edit on 24-2-2013 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1
 


All of this to decipher the meaning of, 'The Lord is calling me to climb the mountain'? I can do it in 6 words.
"It's time for me to retire."



posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
to anyone who believes 'the lord' is talking to them, i would only advise them to ignore, at all costs, any advice or instructions thus received. he isn't. and you are likely insane if you think he is.



posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj
 



All of this to decipher the meaning of, 'The Lord is calling me to climb the mountain'? I can do it in 6 words.
"It's time for me to retire."


Yeah, well, the more ridiculous it is, the more elaborate the web, the more copious the abstract materials, and the more desperate the extrapolation.

But the OP did state that s/he is not looking to convert anyone. That's a gold star, in my book.



posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnochWasRight
reply to post by Violater1
 


"Tarcisio" is "Iscariot" - Anagram

Saw this on a website.

"Cardinal Pietro Evasio Bertone" are the words "AN ISCARIOT REPROBATE, ONE DEVIL."

These things are always interesting.
edit on 24-2-2013 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)


I know that Pietro means Rock, I just son't see it in your translation.



posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by RoScoLaz
to anyone who believes 'the lord' is talking to them, i would only advise them to ignore, at all costs, any advice or instructions thus received. he isn't. and you are likely insane if you think he is.


An expected ad hominem attack, I'm sure it won't be the last.



posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1

Originally posted by EnochWasRight
reply to post by Violater1
 


"Tarcisio" is "Iscariot" - Anagram

Saw this on a website.

"Cardinal Pietro Evasio Bertone" are the words "AN ISCARIOT REPROBATE, ONE DEVIL."

These things are always interesting.
edit on 24-2-2013 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)


I know that Pietro means Rock, I just son't see it in your translation.


Not a translation. It's an anagram. The letters, rearranged, make each of the two sides.



posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Maybe the Lord just wants the old guy to climb a mountain, to get back in shape. "Come on Benny, drop and give me 20" sayeth the Lord.

It would do him good to climb a mountain. If he takes his words literally he may have some good years ahead of him.



posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I thought the pope was head-honcho? Not sure if he's referring to his death in the future, or a new job )?)

Isn't being the pope basically the religious tantamount to being on top of the mountain?
-If he's not referring to his death in the future, then what new "job" could it be that transcends being the pope?
edit on 24-2-2013 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj
reply to post by Violater1
 


All of this to decipher the meaning of, 'The Lord is calling me to climb the mountain'? I can do it in 6 words.
"It's time for me to retire."


No retirement is when you start to roll down the other side



posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jiggeri
reply to post by Violater1
 


All of this to decipher the meaning of, 'The Lord is calling me to climb the mountain'? I can do it in 6 words.
"It's time for me to retire."


Your wrong in your idea that there is something to decipher here. I have presented links and opinion, unscrambling the Pope's statement, with my intreptation of what was said.
Additionally, you are ignorant in your idea of Catholisim, so I will educate you in eleven words.
Popes don't retire. All but two, have died while in service.
Thank you for your contributation.



posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Some religions link "mountains and meditation", but few link them as closely as Buddhism.
La Stampa ran an article a few days ago:

With a surprising twist of flexibility, a key Italian bishop and doctrinal expert has given his green light to integrating yoga and meditation into Roman Catholic spiritual practices.

Of course, this hasn't hit the MSM.

An with that anagram cited above, things are not looking good.



posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aleister
Maybe the Lord just wants the old guy to climb a mountain, to get back in shape. "Come on Benny, drop and give me 20" sayeth the Lord.

It would do him good to climb a mountain. If he takes his words literally he may have some good years ahead of him.


Come on now the guy is 85! Only one reason to get someone that old to the top of anything.



posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by canucks555
I thought the pope was head-honcho? Not sure if he's referring to his death in the future, or a new job )?)

Isn't being the pope basically the religious tantamount to being on top of the mountain?
-If he's not referring to his death in the future, then what new "job" could it be that transcends being the pope?
edit on 24-2-2013 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)


Sorry if I didn't make it clear on what his new job may be. Here is what the Third secret may say about him.

This brings us to The Three Secrets of Fátima.
Some regard Wikipedia as a fictional reference. And I would agree that some of the information in it is questionable. However, in referencing the Third Secret, an actual translation is presented.
en.wikipedia.org...
“…And we saw in an immense light that is God: 'something similar to how people appear in a mirror when they pass in front of it' a Bishop dressed in White 'we had the impression that it was the Holy Father'. Other Bishops, Priests, men and women Religious going up a steep mountain, at the top of which there was a big Cross of rough-hewn trunks as of a cork-tree with the bark; before reaching there the Holy Father passed through a big city half in ruins and half trembling with halting step, afflicted with pain and sorrow, he prayed for the souls of the corpses he met on his way; having reached the top of the mountain, on his knees at the foot of the big Cross he was killed by a group of soldiers who fired bullets and arrows at him, and in the same way there died one after another the other Bishops, Priests, men and women Religious, and various lay people of different ranks and positions.”
Here we have what is revealed, a Bishop… going up a steep mountain!
And this brings us back to the beginning. A Pope, who will now return back to a Bishop, states, “The Lord is calling me to climb onto the mountain, to dedicate myself even more to prayer and meditation.”



posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
This morning, with quite some excitement, I tuned in to watch the Pope`s last blessing and speech, live!

He said he would not leave the Church per se, but that he`d be going to the `mountain` to meditate and pray, etc...etc... He then asked everyone to pray for him - and bye - that`s it.

I had expected somewhat of a longer and deeper speech (given that it was his last). And, rather than telling everyone to pray for HIM, I was expecting him to tell people to pray for the future of the Church, their faith - and possibly put in a word of support for the coming Pope... nothing of all this.

I spoke to someone later on in the day (who would never ever dare doubt the Pope`s words or actions) who told me: no - he didn`t need to speak about the next Pope. It`s not like being in a big corporate company. This is different. He finished his duty, God called him to the `mountain` and that`s it! ...... Hello?!?!

Then, I started to wonder - what if he DIDN`T mention the next Pope intentionally? What if he knows that the next one is definitely not trustworthy? What if he was forced to abdicate and knows the harsh times awaiting him? (thus asking his followers to pray for him - and not for the next one.)

Now, there are so many `Papal prophecies`taking the headlines at the moment ( and actually I`ve been fascinated by them since I was a kid. )

I`m not a blind believer in any of these prophecies, but with all these coincidences happening lately...

We`ll just have to wait and see, I suppose! Not long to go!



posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1

Originally posted by Jiggeri
reply to post by Violater1
 



Popes don't retire.


You need to read this again and again and again, and then connect it with current events.



posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by bintang
This morning, with quite some excitement, I tuned in to watch the Pope`s last blessing and speech, live!

He said he would not leave the Church per se, but that he`d be going to the `mountain` to meditate and pray, etc...etc... He then asked everyone to pray for him - and bye - that`s it.

I had expected somewhat of a longer and deeper speech (given that it was his last). And, rather than telling everyone to pray for HIM, I was expecting him to tell people to pray for the future of the Church, their faith - and possibly put in a word of support for the coming Pope... nothing of all this.

I spoke to someone later on in the day (who would never ever dare doubt the Pope`s words or actions) who told me: no - he didn`t need to speak about the next Pope. It`s not like being in a big corporate company. This is different. He finished his duty, God called him to the `mountain` and that`s it! ...... Hello?!?!

Then, I started to wonder - what if he DIDN`T mention the next Pope intentionally? What if he knows that the next one is definitely not trustworthy? What if he was forced to abdicate and knows the harsh times awaiting him? (thus asking his followers to pray for him - and not for the next one.)

Now, there are so many `Papal prophecies`taking the headlines at the moment ( and actually I`ve been fascinated by them since I was a kid. )

I`m not a blind believer in any of these prophecies, but with all these coincidences happening lately...

We`ll just have to wait and see, I suppose! Not long to go!


Indeed, there are many coincidences happening lately. And it's impossible to just bury your head in the sand and ignore them. Thank you for your contributation.



posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee

Originally posted by Aleister
Maybe the Lord just wants the old guy to climb a mountain, to get back in shape. "Come on Benny, drop and give me 20" sayeth the Lord.

It would do him good to climb a mountain. If he takes his words literally he may have some good years ahead of him.


Come on now the guy is 85! Only one reason to get someone that old to the top of anything.


Thanks for the contribution char-lee.



posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Originally posted by Violater1

Originally posted by Jiggeri
reply to post by Violater1
 

Popes don't retire.

You need to read this again and again and again, and then connect it with current events.


I don't know what you are babbling about. Could you explain yourself?
edit on 25-2-2013 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)





top topics
 
10
<<   2 >>

log in

join