It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there any better argument against intelligent design that the human mouth/teeth?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

I liked my list better.

Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Yes...I am the all seeing all dancing living piece of S#!% we call a Human.

Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
reply to post by undo

I liked my list better.

Split Infinity

you don't want to be more than a mammal?

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

None of are any more than that.

Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   

reply to post by undo

None of are any more than that.

Split Infinity

so if that's so, how do you explain super position?

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
programmed death

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

OK...I will type this out.

Quantum Evolution is the process by which Matter will continue to arrange itself into greater and greater Atomic and then Molecular Complexity using various Universal Mechanisms over time...such as how a Star will fuse Hydrogen into Helium....a Super Nova will create many Heavier Elements...various Chemical Reactions will create Molecular Structures...then more complex and longer chain Molecules until we get to DNA...which unto itself is not LIFE as a Virus has DNA but is NOT ALIVE.

Eventually....Quantum Evolution will create GENESIS...thus LIFE.

At this point....Biological Evolution takes place.

Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

That's easy.

Being a Rock Musician I have knowledge of many Super Positions.

Might be to graphic for here.

Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   

reply to post by Bone75

OOPS! My Mistake.

I posted about it in my topic asking why do people argue over Evolution and Creation when they could have both.

How can you have both when you insist that quantum evolution is responsible for the first life form? Are you saying God is only in control of the quantum realm?

Sorry. It is a lengthy explaination. If I am wrong...and I don't think I am as I a fairly sure it is there...I will post it here again.

Please do.

edit on 23-2-2013 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   

reply to post by undo

That's easy.

Being a Rock Musician I have knowledge of many Super Positions.

Might be to graphic for here.

Split Infinity

here we go into philosophy and quantum mechanics.
yehaaa. okay, the double slit experiment, depicts observer
interference. is a virus an observer?

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

Well...first of all...I don't know if there is a GOD or not.

I hope there is...but all evidence points to there not being a GOD.

As far as Quantum Evolution...this is an ongoing FACT as we observe it in the Solar Furnaces. We see it occur from Super Nova. We watch it happen whenever there is a Chemical Reaction. It is the defining reality of our Universe.

Now as far as a GOD...if there is one...this GOD would have used both Quantum Evolution as well as Biological Evolution to form the Universe or perhaps Multiverse and all LIFE within.

Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

How can you have both when you insist that quantum evolution is responsible for the first life form? Are you saying God is only in control of the quantum realm?

Why not?

What's your qualm with that idea and possibility? Other than it being contrary to religious belief.

What if this Creator made the initial conditions required for life and let it evolve as it would. Doesn't intervene further because it can't or won't.

We don't have proof a Creator exists. We have philosophical reasons to believe it could be so. We don't have proof or any reason to believe we understand 'God's' nature. Unless you believe a religious book constitutes reason. I don't.

I think we should view 'God' as a possibility, continue to explore the belief, but do so with an open-mind.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Well...I for one would have strangled Schrodinger for even THINKING about putting that CAT in a box and killing it...as well...I am not one that believes the CAT is in a state of neither being ALIVE or DEAD....IN THIS DIVERGENT UNIVERSAL STATE.

However...a Multiversal System as well as it's connection to Quantum Mechanics dictates that every and all possible eventualities MUST EXIST. This is not yet proven but HIGHLY LIKELY as if it were not...Quantum Mechanics would probably not work or exist.

Thus...on the Flip Side...a particle of Matter or Energy can never have it's exact position determined since the very act of observation will change the outcome. Same can be said for anything under observation as the simple act of observation will change the outcome of the observed be it Life or Non-Life.

Thus...since a Bacteria is a Life Form...yet is not constructed to have a set of eyes or a Higher Consciousness...it can be said that the simple reality that a single cell of Bacteria interacting with anything...be it that Bacteria touching a piece of Paper that upon it sits a Frog...or a Lead Weight...the closer the proximity of the Bacteria to something else....the greater the change in any outcome be it movement or a change in the Quantum Vibrationary State of that Frog or Lead Weight.

Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   

reply to post by undo

The GREAT thing about science is that something will remain either a Hypothisis or Theory until it has been PROVEN to be a reality.

Evolution has been PROVEN to be a Reality. Science would not allow this to be unless the proof existed.

Split Infinity

with an element of faith, really you can't prove that a man used to be a fish- as much as you might like to think this (awaits different definitions of proof, fact etc)- ultimately you are taking a leap of faith based on our understanding of the evidence

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   

However...a Multiversal System as well as it's connection to Quantum Mechanics dictates that every and all possible eventualities MUST EXIST. This is not yet proven but HIGHLY LIKELY as if it were not...Quantum Mechanics would probably not work or exist.

which means you can choose to observe an universe for yourself in which you are more than a mammal. what is the likely hood that such an universe exists in a multiversal system?

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Monger

Is there any better argument against intelligent design that the human mouth/teeth?

It's kind of funny... it all depends on 'who' you are talking to.

Let's try this:

Intelligent design: ET made humans from altered DNA of existing lifeforms.
Intelligent design: God created man.
Evolution: Man sprang from apes that fell from trees.

Alrighty then contestants! Just pick the right one and you'll be attacked and hated by a certain number of your former friends because you chose the WRONG mistake! Ohm, and PLEASE don't try and think outside the box! No no no!

Oh yes, we are a very SMART species. We have ALL the answers.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Credenceskynyrd

As Human Fetus develops it will show the Evolutionary Nature of Man as early in it's development the Fetus will be partial Reptillian...part Amphibian...part Fish...as a Fetus will breath fluid through it's lungs while in the womb as our Lungs are Evolutionary modified GILLS.

We all have a Tail Bone and some people are born with a prehensile Tail....and in the womb...such a tail...even in people who just have a Tail Bone...this tail can be seen as first Amphibian...like a Salamander or Tadpole...then Reptilian...as many Fetuses even grow temporary scales upon the tail and cheeks...then Monkey like Mammalian...as certain people who are born with it may be born with a fully functional Prehensile Tail...which means the tail can GRAB like a HAND.

We exhibit all the traits of all the species that we directly had an Evolutionary line from.

Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
it takes a leap of faith to believe that we were once fish though, regardless of where we think the evidence leads

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Intelligent design and evolution go hand and hand. We do evolve, everything does. We are taller than we used to be, we are less fury than we used to be...the Internet and the computer are evolutionary offshoots to enhance our brain and communication power.

Inner specie evolution though has never been proven.

We were intelligently designed, the entire universe was. we were designed to adapt and evolve within our species. There has never been a missing link between any species.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

One cannot be any more than a Mammal if one IS a Mammal than one can be anymore than being Warm Blooded. How is it a person can be MORE than Warm Blooded?

You are using terms that do not fit your ideas or beliefs construct.

I know what you mean...but you have to remember I have this little issue called LOGIC that keeps getting in my way of obvious meanings and normal conversation.

It comes with being able to observe and remenber the tiniest details as well as my being able to remember thousands of pieces of music...play them perfectly without notice and then for a reason I cannot understand...have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA WHERE I LEFT MY $400 SUNGLASSES! LOL!

It's funny...and I do not place any great value upon these numbers as the test was flawed to begin with...a guy can have a 174 IQ and be able to run flat out for 10 miles as well as memorise all visual or audio data...BUT I CAN'T SPELL OR FIND MY CARS ENTRY BUTTON! LOL!

Split Infinity

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join