It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there any better argument against intelligent design that the human mouth/teeth?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

True to an extent.

But this next statement is a FACT.

There does not lie a single shred of proof, logic or evidence to support the concept that the development of LIFE has the need of a GOD like creator.

Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

but we aren't talking about probabilities now, we are talking about being able to directly observe the change of a wave of possibilities into a single physical reality via some form of measuring device, either via an artificial device of sentient creation or via a natural device of sentient umm....sentient ummm.. ownership (how do you refer to your own eyes in this example? lol) and does that not also include what you think, not just what you observe? is thinking and observation the same thing?

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedomlover79
reply to post by IEtherianSoul9

I'm referring to any form of evolution. Cite ANY sources that are fact/truth (not Wikipedia, which is not exactly reliable) to show any tangible evidence of evolution. For example, fish X existed, then fish Z existed and had almost the exact same make-up of fish X. So, obviously, there MUST have been a fish Y to link the evolution. We're not limited to fish, but please cite whatever facts/truths you can. Thanks.

Tell you what why don't you start here with this guy on youtube potholer54 he has plenty of videos withs links to data etc that should keep you busy for a few weeks!!

www.youtube.com...

Here is one of many on creationists

edit on 23-2-2013 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Monger

Well I would have to tell you as a hybrid whos bloodline has been intervened with for a long time, I was only born with one wisdom tooth, so the intelligent designers are slowly getting things worked out. These teeth are on a certain chromosome that the genes are being tinkered with, but this has to be done slowly, so as not to disturb natural evolutinary processes at work at the same time.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Observation is the reception of Data by sensory input and then the analization of that data though thought.

Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
You know what amazes me. We're all supposedly so intelligent, yet we can't stay on topic. The OP wants to discuss how Intelligent Design accounts for the teeth in the human mouth, but I'm estimating less than half the pages in the thread actually have the word "mouth" or "teeth" anywhere on them. Earlier someone mentioned that we're mammals and I tend to agree. In the grand scheme of things I don't think we're actually that much more intelligent than a monkey, a dog or a cow.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

In several recent experiments that I happen to be a witness to...researchers were able to send a single electron which was measured to exist and have a dual function of both powering a super micro electic motor and at the same time also ground out.

Thus ONE Electron functioned as both a Power Source as it powered a Micro Electric Motor and yet at the same time ran the connected condutive line that was also attached to the ground thus be in two places doing two seperate things using ONE Quantum Particle/Wave Form.

If this is not proof of the existence of a Multiverse I don't know what is!

Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by chrome413

I look at my back stage dressing room after a show and definitly can contest to your post!

Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
reply to post by Bone75

True to an extent.

But this next statement is a FACT.

There does not lie a single shred of proof, logic or evidence to support the concept that the development of LIFE has the need of a GOD like creator.

Split Infinity

Nice slippery response there... define God like creator please.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   

reply to post by undo

Observation is the reception of Data by sensory input and then the analization of that data though thought.

Split Infinity

the uncertainty principle seems to suggest time is so fluid, that just like the wave of possibilities and quantum tunneling, thinking something before doing it, is the same as doing it at some level, either directly in your current reality or in one of the other multiverses that then manifests in your timeline because you 1) thought about observing it and then 2) observed it. only difference between those two is one is in super position, and the other is the collapsing of the wave function. i still want to know what is collapsing the wave function, the artificial device, or the sentience behind the artificial device.

the reason i bring this up is because it proves you are more than your faulty teeth and that the faulty teeth are just a distraction.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by freedomlover79

Theory is the analysis of a set of facts, but it does not mean that the sum of the facts equals the whole. Where is the "missing link" of evolution that has not been theorized (is that the wrong word in this case?) by science?

You didn't read the full link on theory. It sounds like you read some of it. That's okay, because I think you have an inkling now that facts are what we believe to be true and that theories are used to explain facts. That is a simplistic version of course. There are entire courses on this issue and there are often reviews of these concepts in introductory science classes because it is so important.

Not sure what you mean by missing link here. But consider this, the Earth is really old. We know that because of various dating methods. There are rocks that reveal ancient without fish and today there are fish everywhere in the world. There was a change from a time without fish to a time with fish. That is evolution. Now the trick is to find out what happened during the time from no fish to fish. And after a few early fish are found there is the search for the intermediaries and more intermediaries.

One of the best examples of transition is the change from reptile to mammal. There are so many intermediary specimens that it is not possible in that intermediary transition group to say mammal or reptile.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

GOD wanted us to pay a S#!% Load of money when we went to a Dentist so he made sure we only got two sets of teeth.

We choose to do stupid things to cause teeth to fall out. Don't do those things don't pay a dentist.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by dusty1
reply to post by Monger

Diet.

Plain and simple.

This has nothing to do with evolution.

Ever Wonder Why Indigenous People Had Straight Teeth?

It made Dr. Weston Price question. Dr. Price was a dentist in the early 20th century in Cleveland, Ohio. As he saw more and more kids coming in with crooked teeth and cavities, he wondered why it was happening. Which is what set him on his quest to study indigenous peoples. Dr. Price came to the conclusion that crooked teeth and cavities are caused by nutritional deficiencies, particularly deficiencies of the fat soluble vitamins A, D, E & K.

Deny Ignorance.........

^^^^^^^^^This right here^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Why are most of you trying to make it about evolution when it's clearly about poor nutrition?

This theory of poor nutrition being the cause of failed wisdom teeth may not be as popular, but isn't the OP's argument flawed in that it assumes that there are no such people that exist today with wisdom teeth that grew in right along the others with no issues?

Maybe it's about the money, lot's of money in removing wisdom teeth.

Unfortunately this 'politically incorrect' theory that poor nutrition is responsible for the modern problem of impacted wisdom teeth is vehemently denied by the dental industry. No matter what evidence, when an entire specialty of dentistry is devoted to making money by removing 'evolutionarily unnecessary' teeth and when entire swaths of the economy are dependent upon nutritionally bereft foods, teaching that impacted wisdom teeth are not a necessary part of the human condition is simply not a popular stance.

www.naturalnews.com...
edit on 23-2-2013 by toastyr because: added

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

OK...to the point.

All Matter...you, me, the computer you type on...is completely made up of Quantum Particle/Wave Forms which are ENERGY.

Thus it would seem that in a Multiversal System which Quantum Mechanics is dependent upon...would be creating the creation of Alternative Divergent Universal States based upon PROBABILITY and NOT due to OBSERVATION.

Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

I don't need to be slippery. Make it a GOD if you like.

I have no problem with your need to believe in a GOD as is your right.

Please respect my right to doubt the existence of any GOD you might believe in.

Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   

reply to post by undo

OK...to the point.

All Matter...you, me, the computer you type on...is completely made up of Quantum Particle/Wave Forms which are ENERGY.

Thus it would seem that in a Multiversal System which Quantum Mechanics is dependent upon...would be creating the creation of Alternative Divergent Universal States based upon PROBABILITY and NOT due to OBSERVATION.

Split Infinity

you mean one time it might not happen when its observed and another time it might happen when you observe it?

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Sexual preference and good luck, like it's always been. The only external force pushing us forward is the given environment. We evolve ourselves people. I for one think people look like a bunch of ugly hairless pug monkeys, but legs are cute I guess. I can deal with asexuality, hell, I have been my whole life. Apparently when I was little peoples faces scared the heck out of me because they were so disturbing.

I've been called out for mental illness, but I just realize how ugly yawl are; what the shyza am I doing here

edit on 23-2-2013 by Doomcake because: Deadbeat

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Observationalist

I have very good teeth because I was given flouride vitamins as a kid.

Some people have a genetic disposition to have teeth that easily rot away at a much quicker rate than others.

So brush twice a day and stay away from candy! LOL!

Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

His admission pretty much sums up my argument that neither you or any other "scientist" has a realistic idea of how life started on Earth without the existence of a creator.

You don't know anything about me. You don't know my science background, nor my beliefs. If you form conclusions before reviewing the evidence, as you just did, I don't think you're qualified to "have a realistic idea" about how life started either.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

I am saying that since the Matter and Quantum Particles of that make up my body are the same as those that make up say a desk are the same...whether it is my eyes or a doll that I place in front of an action...the same thing will occur.

Split Infinity

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join