It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there any better argument against intelligent design that the human mouth/teeth?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

okay, the differences between intelligent design, creationism and evolution are alot less significant than people are being lead to believe. number 1, because in either scenario, something is designing the species, either randomly with all the necessary biochemistry or not randomly, with all the necessary biochemistry.

i just think the odds are much more in our favor that we are the products of intelligent design because so much of what would account for evidence that we are ENTIRELY the result of random genetic accidents, relies on near impossible odds. i also dont believe it is explained sufficiently by panspermia alone, because panspermia is an effort to say the exact same thing (pre-existing genetic code), without having to attach any source other than the same biochemical soup said to be present on the planet in the first place. in other words, its an unnecessary redundancy if the aim is to prove evolution without the presence of intelligent design.

on the other hand, i think intelligent design is a better candidate for off planet or even other dimensional considerations because at least it isn't trying to say the exact same thing evolution is, which is what panspermia is doing, and thus why it is a redundant explanation. it could be said that intelligent source material would also require an off world evolutionary process but we don't know that, since we know next to nothing about other worlds, evolutionary processes on other worlds, or even the prospect of inter- or intra-dimensional intelligences being involved. we can however prove with quantum physics, that other dimensions exist, so i think it's bit early to make absolute statements.

edit on 23-2-2013 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by tadaman
reply to post by Bone75

I dont know if that is intended for me but I will say that evolution is not one THEORY I fully embrace.

Hey
You capped it, it must then mean something to you.
Can you explain to me what a scientific theory is, and what the difference between that and speculation is?

I have researched it, and I know what it means, just wondering if you have somehow read something different that makes them equal.
Also, do you embrace the THEORY of gravity, or do you believe gravity is more just speculation verses something that can be tested?

I think intelligent design is possible. I mean look at transhumanism. We look to change the human condition with our tools and knowledge.

Well, this is speculation of course..and sure. We can self evolve at this point. Hell, we started that process when we started wearing clothes to artificially adapt to cooler environments.
But why throw speculation of what we can do now with a discussion of our origins? Unless we started out transhumanists and dumbed down on purpose for...lulz? then it isn't really relevant, nor is their any evidence supporting cavemen were actually androids or cyborgs.

Since the advent of video games and the like, people are now drumming up the concept of virtual worlds, virtual lives, etc. maybe in 100 years, we can create a fully immersive experience of a actual life in a virtual world...does this then mean that's what we are in now? Well, maybe, but there is no solid evidence to support this speculation either..not even enough to formulate a full hypothesis yet (but yes, research is being done...don't start posting links on some evidence of holo universe..its intriguing, but just barely started the groundwork).

What we DO know is the reality we live in right now. So, it makes sense then to focus in on what this reality is showing us, right?

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by tadaman

You make some great points that I am very much in agreement with, but my question was for the Op.

His title implies an argument against intelligent design and I say its not. There is no valid argument against life being the result of intelligent design, neither in this thread or anywhere else.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Well...if one is to look at all the diversity of life on this Earth and then look at the Genomes of all such species it becomes only too apparent....THAT ALL LIFE EVOLVED FROM A SINGLE CELLED ORGANISM. LOL!

There is no longer even a QUESTION about this. It has been PROVEN.

Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo

okay, the differences between intelligent design, creationism and evolution are alot less significant than people are being lead to believe. number 1, because in either scenario, something is designing the species, either randomly with all the necessary biochemistry or not randomly, with all the necessary biochemistry.

i just think the odds are much more in our favor that we are the products of intelligent design because so much of what would account for evidence that we are ENTIRELY the result of random genetic accidents, relies on near impossible odds.

Odds like what? One in a billion?
Because keep in mind, this earth is over 4 billion years old. every day, every hour, the trillions upon trillions of life forms alter and mutate in some way..small, large, little tumors, giant birth defects, etc..most of these mutations are inconsequential or of bad ends, but every once in awhile, something beneficial happens, and that line then is bred with and increases...

This over billions of years globally.
The odds are very much in favor actually. More surprising is how we (intelligent species) took so long..but I put that to global catastrophes slowing the process down.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Also...I could agree with the idea that there is a possibility that a GOD used the process of Quantum and Biological Evolution to create the Universe and all life in it....but this is far different from the IDIOCY that some morons are now calling Intelligent Design....as their concepts are neither Intelligent....nor is there a Design.

You have to read this Intelligent Design book for kids I think is called...Pandas and something. It has been banned in public schools in all 50 states. I believe it is the SINGLE MOST IDIOTIC BOOK EVER PUBLISHED.

It's STUPIDITY is only matched by it's shere LUNACY!

I am not a violent man but if I ever met the author...I think I would kick him in the NUTS! LOL!

Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by dusty1

Diet is a major driver in evolution, plain and simple.

Adding meat to our diet 1.5 million years ago made it possible to develop a larger brain. Learning to hunt was a decisive step in human evolution. Hunting necessitated communication, planning and the use of tools, all of which demanded a larger brain.

www.lunduniversity.lu.se...
www.eurekalert.org...

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
reply to post by undo

Well...if one is to look at all the diversity of life on this Earth and then look at the Genomes of all such species it becomes only too apparent....THAT ALL LIFE EVOLVED FROM A SINGLE CELLED ORGANISM. LOL!

Split Infinity

no, it has not been proven. all that has been proven is that given the appropriate amounts of amino acids, that dna can manifest in various forms of carbon based life, from simple to complex. the argument is over whether that manifestation can be as complex as sentient dna, without evidence of a source of sentience.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Actually the argument you prove is more against evolution than creation if you sit back and examine what you said.

Evolution wouldn't supply more teeth than necessary because it would be impossible.

here's a thought. Maybe God did this so one day when man came up with evolution as a way to deny him, they'd have the mouth to prove evolution was wrong because it doesn't fit evolutionary models?

Just a thought..

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
this proves my point in the strangest way possible (hint: data was created)

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   

reply to post by undo

Split Infinity

And where did this SINGLE CELLED ORGANISM come from? How was it formed? Where did it (what would have to have been the most resilient life form ever) go?

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Qumulys
Well, the evidence is that we are continually evolving, those who claim otherwise seem to wear blinkers. Anyways, I think we will eventually lose wisdom teeth altogether.

edit - Source

Anthropologists believe wisdom teeth, or the third set of molars, were the evolutionary answer to our ancestor’s early diet of coarse, rough food – like leaves, roots, nuts and meats – which required more chewing power and resulted in excessive wear of the teeth. The modern diet with its softer foods, along with marvels of modern technologies such as forks, spoons and knives, has made the need for wisdom teeth nonexistent. As a result, evolutionary biologists now classify wisdom teeth as vestigial organs, or body parts that have become functionless due to evolution.

edit on 22-2-2013 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-2-2013 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

yes we are eating the wrong food, we were never meant to eat what we do, and of course religious persons will tell you we are messed up from being disobedient not because that is how we are supposed to be.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

NoooooooOOO. It has been definatively PROVEN.

As I have already posted.

Once the Human Genome was fully mapped...it was compared with thousands of other mapped Genomes from many species and what was found was that ALL...every single species including Homo Sapien....had a specific ancient Viral DNA encoding.

There is only ONE POSSIBILITY for this to be.

The original Single Celled Organism from which ALL LIFE...and that included the mapped Genomes of Plants, Bacteria, Mammals, Insects, Reptiles...etc...ALL LIFE...EVOLVED FROM....was infected by a VIRUS. This viral infection was encoded into this Original Life Forms DNA and then as various life forms evolved from it...this Viral DNA encoding was passed on till eventaully...IT EXISTS IN ALL LIFE FORMS DNA.

This is PROOF POSITIVE 100% CERTAINTY....no possibility to dispute or argue.

It is a FACT....EVOLUTION is a fact and a reality.

Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

The original Life LForm on Earth was created though the process of Quantum Evolution...which is VERY different than Biological Evolution.

An example of this is how our Sun fuses Hydrogen into Helium.

Read my earlier posts for a full explaination.

Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

i wouldn't say that we are messed up because of disobedience, rather that the text indicates that the adam were clones of higher sentient lifeforms. these adam were eventually given mammalian procreation by one of those higher sentient lifeforms, causing the decision by the other sentient lifeforms, to block the fully regenerative dna of the clone body. this was to keep us from over populating the planet. WE had no control over that. we do, however, have control over how we behave now, given understanding that we are copies of sentient, higher lifeforms, currently stuck in mammal flesh.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   

it wasn't fully mapped. instead, to account for the missing dna link, they looked around for something that had a similar series of genetic coding to fit in the empty space. there's no evolutionary stream to connect it, other than the fact it has the appropriate dna sequence. the problem with that is, lots of things have enough similarity in dna sequence to fit in genetic gaps in our understanding of species, in fact, without even appealing to erectus or cro magnon or monkeys, you could still arrive at a fully developed human being by just asking the computer to find sequences in nature that could give rise to the necessary proteins that comprise a human being's body. do you see what i'm saying?

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

The Dover trial was the death knell to ID and is a perfect valid argument against life being the result of intelligent design, particularly when they had to admit that they would have to consider Astrology a science to be consistent with their position. ID is just apologetics wrapped around Genesis to be spoon fed to creationists who need a psuedo-scientific explanation.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   

reply to post by undo

NoooooooOOO. It has been definatively PROVEN.

As I have already posted.

Once the Human Genome was fully mapped...it was compared with thousands of other mapped Genomes from many species and what was found was that ALL...every single species including Homo Sapien....had a specific ancient Viral DNA encoding.

There is only ONE POSSIBILITY for this to be.

The original Single Celled Organism from which ALL LIFE...and that included the mapped Genomes of Plants, Bacteria, Mammals, Insects, Reptiles...etc...ALL LIFE...EVOLVED FROM....was infected by a VIRUS. This viral infection was encoded into this Original Life Forms DNA and then as various life forms evolved from it...this Viral DNA encoding was passed on till eventaully...IT EXISTS IN ALL LIFE FORMS DNA.

This is PROOF POSITIVE 100% CERTAINTY....no possibility to dispute or argue.

It is a FACT....EVOLUTION is a fact and a reality.

Split Infinity

Sure you're saying that the original life form was perfect and replicated without variables. Then it was infected by a virus that caused it to mutate into all of this? Sounds almost Biblical to me

By the way, where did this virus come from?

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Just a side bar...the original text that was the Genesis story of Adam and Eve has been proven to have been partially mistranslated from the ancient languages.

The APPLE we all know so well in this story was actually a Pomegrnate and this was just proven within the past year.

We all should have KNOWN this was a mistranslation as there are NO APPLES in what would have been the area between the Tigris and Euphrates Rivers where the legendary Garden of Eden either was or was modeled in story after this area.

Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Uhhh...No...this Ancient Viral DNA encoding is VERY specific and is easily detected within all life forms genomes.

Split Infinity

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join