It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man who evidently has been found unfit for military service WILL NOT become Commander-in-Chief !!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 12:54 AM
link   
An updated article....

A man who evidently has been found unfit for military service could become Commander-in-Chief of the armed forces. It is time for the facts hidden in his records to be disclosed.

Kerry's non-honorable discharge
Exclusive: Earl Lively makes solid case senator left Navy under a cloud

Posted: October 31, 2004
1:00 a.m. Eastern

There is overwhelming evidence that the Navy gave John Kerry either a dishonorable discharge or an undesirable discharge � which is the equivalent of a dishonorable discharge without the felony conviction � and that, as a result of such discharge, he was stripped of all of his famous but questionable Navy awards and medals. And the kicker? The evidence is on his website!

Kerry's oh-so-clever handlers evidently depended on the ignorance of the public and the press about military records when they posted his 1978 "Honorable Discharge from the Reserves" on his site as part of a carefully selected partial release of his Navy records (the Navy says it is still withholding about 100 records). However, one diligent researcher, Thomas Lipscomb, saw through the scam and exposed it in a New York Sun story on October 13. Predictably, the major media has shunned the story.

What Mr. Lipscomb noticed (and I overlooked when I first read the document) was the date of the posted discharge, Feb. 16, 1978. This was six years after Kerry's six-year (1966-1972) commitment to the Navy ended. The anti-war detractor of our military did not re-up for another six-year term in 1972, so why the delay of his discharge? The only logical conclusion is that the 1978 honorable discharge was a second discharge given to replace an earlier undesirable discharge under less-than-honorable conditions, as unfit for military service.

another important excerpt

Senator Kerry has said that his medal certificates were reissued because he lost them (and his dog ate his homework, I suppose). Rewards are certified in one's permanent personnel record jacket. If you lose a medal, you can get a replacement medal if your records show the award. The only way awards would have to be reissued is if they were rescinded and deleted from your records. And this narrows the possibilities down to a dishonorable discharge or an undesirable discharge. As Mr. Lipscomb noted, "There is one odd coincidence that gives some weight to the possibility that Mr. Kerry was dishonorably discharged. � (W)hen a dishonorable discharge is issued, all pay benefits, and allowances, and all medals and honors are revoked as well. And five months after Mr. Kerry joined the U.S. Senate in 1985, on one single day, June 4, all of Mr. Kerry's medals were reissued." Military sources tell me that an undesirable discharge under other-than-honorable conditions would also result in a loss of benefits and awards. Kerry could have received a dishonorable discharge, but that would have required a court martial and a felony conviction that might be harder to conceal, so the undesirable discharge is more likely.

worldnetdaily.com...

Former Secretary of the Navy says that "Yes Kerry received a Other Than Honorable Discharge!

Well reading on and since my thread was tossed to the trash, as the link was from

bushcountry.org...

You will have to go to this link and try to follow the story as best you can because I will start no more threads on it, one becuase I know many here dont want to hear nor discuss this as it dooms their candidate. I have been following this alot.

Kerry has apparently told Tom Brocaw that he has NOT released all his records? I am trying to find this link...

Kerry was asked about Bush being smarter than him and he said that his records are not public????????

To the mod that gave me the warning and dumped the thread, there were 2 mods already posting in the thread and they could have warned me that way. I do not feel that was right, I had already deleted the stuff that was in question or so I ahd thought..

[edit on 31-10-2004 by edsinger]

[edit on 1-11-2004 by edsinger]

[edit on 1-11-2004 by edsinger]

[edit on 26-11-2004 by edsinger]

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Dude, that bushcountry.org website links to like a couple lines on the SwiftBoat Discussion Board. Who are you trying to fool?

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jamuhn
Dude, that bushcountry.org website links to like a couple lines on the SwiftBoat Discussion Board. Who are you trying to fool?

No one man, my thread was dumped, look through the thread to the 29th etc. I am just trying to relate that the cat might soon be released! Thats all.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Go to sleep Ed. Soon it will be Holloween day. Put on your Kerry mask and scare the kids to death!!! Wont that be fun?

Happy Holloween, Ed

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 12:59 AM
link   
You mean the thread on the Free Republic Message Board? Dude, why don't you just wait until the news actually comes out. You along with the rest of the Freepers seem to be trying to create your own news.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 01:04 AM
link   
When your thread is trashed you don't rebrand it and post again.

This is just bull.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Even if Kerry was discharged OTH, at least Kerry went to war and didn't stay home on a Fortunate Son status, snorting coc aine and drinking like a fish while others took bullets. I'm pretty fed up on Bashing Kerry's war record. It's sickening to bash a combat veteran. Yeah he protested the war when he got home, maybe he got tired of seeing Bush's Dad's Air America planes hauling Smack over his head over there while he was getting shot at.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Look I just put in a 16 hour day and yes I am going to bed, but if the news is real, then great. If not, we still all know it to be true anyway, just some dont want to admit it.

Here is what a OTH is all about:

Under Other Than Honorable Conditions. OTH Discharges are warranted when the reason for separation is based upon a pattern of behavior that constitutes a significant departure from the conduct expected of members of the Military Services, or when the reason for separation is based upon one or more acts or omissions that constitute a significant departure from the conduct expected of members of the Military Services. Examples of factors that may be considered include the use of force or violence to produce serious bodily injury or death, abuse of a special position of trust, disregard by a superior of customary superior-subordinate relationships, acts or omissions that endanger the security of the United States or the health and welfare of other members of the Military Services, and deliberate acts or omissions that seriously endanger the health and safety of other persons.

Persons awarded an OTH characterization of service: are not entitled to retain their uniforms or wear them home (although they may be furnished civilian clothing at a cost of not more than $50); must accept transportation in kind to their homes; are subject to recoupment of any reenlistment bonus they may have received; are not eligible for notice of discharge to employers (which may affect unemployment benefits); and, do not receive mileage fees from the place of discharge to their home of record.

usmilitary.about.com...

And no matter how much I look, the thread and the information has been pulled. I guess the feds are involved now..

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
When your thread is trashed you don't rebrand it and post again.

This is just bull.

Well I guess I should not have posted what was "IN" the thread, so now it is by the rules....

edit

Seems that someone is speculating that it could be something to do with a mental/psychiatric angle to this discharge???

No I dont know if I believe this one, I know ar at least I think I know why he got a OTH, but this is getting deep quickly.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Ed FYI...
I got an OTH for having flat feet and my ankles swelled up like grapefruits after 7 mile runs.
To beat it all, I got as many medals as Bush did for my brief period of service, the National Defense Service Medal, but I actually you know, showed up to take my drug tests and stuff...

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy
Ed FYI...
I got an OTH for having flat feet and my ankles swelled up like grapefruits after 7 mile runs.
To beat it all, I got as many medals as Bush did for my brief period of service, the National Defense Service Medal, but I actually you know, showed up to take my drug tests and stuff...

Medical reasons are one thing, but that should have been an general or administrative...as far as I can tell..

Persons awarded an OTH characterization of service: are not entitled to retain their uniforms or wear them home (although they may be furnished civilian clothing at a cost of not more than $50); must accept transportation in kind to their homes; are subject to recoupment of any reenlistment bonus they may have received; are not eligible for notice of discharge to employers (which may affect unemployment benefits); and, do not receive mileage fees from the place of discharge to their home of record.

It is generally believed that an OTH Discharge will render an individual ineligible for all VA Benefits. This is not necessarily so. The Department of Veterans Affairs will make its own determination with respect as to whether the OTH was based on conditions which would forfeit any or all VA benefits. Most veterans' benefits will be forfeited if that determination is adverse to the former service-member, such as when based on the following circumstances: (1) Desertion; (2) escape prior to trial by general court-martial; (3) conscientious objector who refuses to perform military duties, wear the uniform, or comply with lawful orders of competent military authorities; (4) willful or persistent misconduct; (5) offense(s) involving moral turpitude; (6) mutiny or spying; or (7) homosexual acts involving aggravating circumstances.

usmilitary.about.com...

Kerry's could have been medical As I had stated of a rumor, but I tend to think it was a "Bad Conduct" discharge....

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 09:40 AM
link   
If this (were) true,
, it wouldnt make any difference to me at all. Who gives a freckled fly?
The alternative is a criminal and uh, we'll all take Kerry anytime.

I dont see the big breaking headlines this morning, ED.

Where is this breaking story?????

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 10:11 AM
link   
edsinger your thread was trashed because it contained material taken from another discussion forum. That is a violation of the terms and conditions of use.

You have been here long enough to know this, and should know better.

I have no problem with the content you post as long as it is done within the terms and conditions of use set by the owner of this site.

The warning was because the page you linked to at that time had a discussion which contained vulgar language.

I would like to agian remind you to review the terms and conditions of use for this site.

UM_Gazz

[edit on 31-10-2004 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by UM_Gazz
edsinger your thread was trashed because it contained material taken from another discussion forum. That is a violation of the terms and conditions of use.

You have been here long enough to know this, and should know better.

I have no problem with the content you post as long as it is done within the terms and conditions of use set by the owner of this site.

The warning was because the page you linked to at that time had a discussion which contained vulgar language.

I would like to agian remind you to review the terms and conditions of use for this site.

UM_Gazz

[edit on 31-10-2004 by UM_Gazz]

OK that is fine, I deleted the link I had thought before you canned the thread. It fine no worries.

As for the headlines? I dont know???

Maybe he was silenced?

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Are you still awarded medals if you recieve an OTH discharge? I don't know how the system works, so could someone enlighten my-not-so-bright mind?

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 07:40 PM
link   
In answer to your question, I am not sure. Administrative discharge for medical etc I would assume so.

The question here is that his medals were reinstated and not reissued, that is the clue and that would only be done if conduct unbecomming of an officer was proven.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I thought you said the web was buzzin with this stuff?

Seems the only person buzzin over this is you Ed.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by sminkeypinkey
I thought you said the web was buzzin with this stuff?

Seems the only person buzzin over this is you Ed.

You are not looking in the right spots m8, CBS NBC and ABC AND Fox are not covering this very NEWSWORTHY item. They are all covering Walter Concrite's comments though...go figure..

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Ed....it is getting old, it is getting boring, and you are starting to bother people.....give it a rest! You like Bush...wonderful, we all happy you found something in the man, but you are acting obsessed, like a crazed fan or something! Go play a video game or something...

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I guess this makes it all OK that we don't get to see Bush's records from 72-73 nor the implications of them....

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join