It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man who evidently has been found unfit for military service WILL NOT become Commander-in-Chief !!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jamuhn
I guess this makes it all OK that we don't get to see Bush's records from 72-73 nor the implications of them....

Well that entirely depends, seems to me Bush signed the 180 release form whilst Kerry avoids the subject altogether.

Plus what Kerry did in Vietnam and after is a big differrence from being a boozing young man, if that is what Bush was doing. He was not directly undermining the Government and even the dems admitt that.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I've never seen records for 72-73 for Bush. And what Kerry did is a matter of individual perception left up to the voter to decide. We are all individual thinkers here, we don't need government telling us what to believe. At least on some things, and think this is one of them.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 08:40 PM
link   

I've never seen records for 72-73 for Bush. And what Kerry did is a matter of individual perception left up to the voter to decide. We are all individual thinkers here, we don't need government telling us what to believe. At least on some things, and think this is one of them.

You fail to understand one simple thing, Bush has signed the forms that allow public release of ALL of his records, Kerry not only hasn't, but REFUSES to even discuss it. This should at the very leasat make you wonder what he has to hide.

If what he did after Vietnam doesnt bother you, thats fine but dont you want to know what he DOESNT want you to know?

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Why not, Ed? We have a braindead and mentally chanllenged president who never served in the military.

Your point?

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Then where are they ED? I've never seen them and I keep hearing people talk about Bush's records. If they are there, where the hell are they?!

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Why not, Ed? We have a braindead and mentally chanllenged president who never served in the military.

Your point?

Well it really shows just how much you know and your statement shows that you have'n't the first clue. He DID serve in the Military, the National Guard IS the military as you can ask many who are serving in Iraq right now.

Look you are obviously not able to understand even what you said after a statement like that. If your greamboat Kerry would have never said such a statement.

Braindead? Have you seen the scores between the candidates? Neither is a stupid man.

Bush Mentally Challanged? Welcome to the country Dtempe, you will make a FINE blind democrat voter.....fit the mold well.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Then where are they ED? I've never seen them and I keep hearing people talk about Bush's records. If they are there, where the hell are they?!

Well the Press has had them for months, I have heard that some cant be found, wether or not he took a physical in 1972 and such. So What?

The US Navy admitts it is witholding over 100 Pages of Kerry docs at HIS request.

Bush has not witheld any...

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Whatever dude, if nobody can find them, they aren't there. You are gripping at straws right now.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Mental midget. Thats the word i was looking for. yea, thats the ticket.

everyone knows that Bush's records are VERY questionable. You havent been able to back up this thread, and you've been trying for days now to get your point across.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Whatever dude, if nobody can find them, they aren't there. You are gripping at straws right now.

I am not grasping at straws. Just what the heck could bush have done so bad in Texas, yes he had a rich dad and such.

Kerry was in Paris and very well could have RECIEVED a
DISHONORABLE DISCHARGE
from the US Navy. And the fact that this means SQUAT to you, just proves my point.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Just to be on record, before the sky doesn't fall.

While ignoring this rumor in it's various incarnations on ATS, I've actually followed it. Quite intensely on Republican blogs and discussion boards the past few days.

And my take is you're being taken. I have no way of knowing if it's a well meaning Bush supporter trying to stir something up to mainstream media, or a very tricky liberal counterpart to Rove, but Team Bush has been thrown a bone by someone that has a net-net effect of wasting their entire week prior to the election as a collective group.

Latest search shows a number of blogs promising the "exclusive" to break tonight (now pushed back countless times) based on their anonymous tipster. It's 10pm by the way.

Meanwhile Dems are getting out the vote and dealing with reality based news, while countless Republicans I'm seeing still "pray" for 11th hour Dem implosion. :shk:

Here's the beauty as I see it. Nothing is even on Fox about the rumor though they are reporting their own poll now showing Kerry winning (as per Fox News mind you)...

The Democratic challenger has a two-point edge among registered voters, receiving 47 percent to Bushs 45 percent (Nader receives one percent). The polls margin of error is plus or minus three percentage points.

In mid-October, Bush held a seven-point lead over Kerry among likely voters overall. Since then, independent voters have shifted from giving an 18-point lead Bush to giving a slim five-point edge to Kerry today.

In addition, Democrats are now backing Kerry at the same level of intensity as Republicans have backed Bush for the past several weeks. Previous surveys showed that Republicans were more likely to support Bush than the Democrats were to back Kerry.

Did you catch the 23 point move among independents from Bush to Kerry according to FOX NEWS.

But that's not important, right? No. Pray for the Redskins to win. Whoops. Pray for some super secret October Suprise to finally hit (you've got 2 hours left in October). Whoops. Ignore the early voting reports. Whoops. Ignore your own polls. Whoops. Just pray for rumors and push them until they are "true enough."

You did this to yourselves. You're pissing off independents in record numbers with this latest entry in the never ending flip flop hands, band-aid faced, swift vet nontroversy, and now he's (what is it?) "other than honorably discharged." Right. Wrap 80 million voters heads around that one in the next 36 hours. :shk: I say 80 because over a fifth ALREADY VOTED! But you missed that didn't you? Too busy trying to suppress the vote to get out the vote.

I criticize from a place of love. I really do. Bush supporters had a huge hand in electing President Kerry. For that I thank you.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 09:14 PM
link   
What? At least Kerry went to war? Did I read that right, that someone actually said that?

Kerry went to Vietnam in the Navy, spent 4 1/2 months actually in country ratehr than miles out to see, got three scratched and got the heck out so that he could pursue his political career. His superiors and sailors alike preferred he use the loophole and get out as he was an idiot, dangerous to both the sailors as well as Vietnamese civilians (Cowards usually are as they'd rather kill the innocent than take a chance to get hurt themselves).

The man took direction from the enemy as to how best to conduct his treasonous campaign agaionhst this nation and those serving in Vietnam. He is not courageous, but murderous, he has the blood of many people on his hands and shouldn't even be alive at this point, and certainly not considered for Commander in Chief. But, as Jane Fonda was never shot, I guess it'd be hard to execute Kerry, huh?

As far as Bush, he was going through flight training for the Weekend Warriors who, as most should already know, supplied over half of the pilots for the war. By the time Bush finished his training, politics had changed and the pilots were being brought back. Not his fault.

Ed, have you lost your mind? You know better than to suggest that anything that has not been approved by CNN, ABC or C-BS might possibly be true. Regardless, I know enough about this man to not care whether or not his DD-214 shows other than honorable to know he should not be anywhere near in control of the military. It was shameful enough thatthe last Democratic persident was who he was. The last Deomocrat to hold that office that was nort an embarrassment to the Commander in Chief role was Jimmy Carter.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 09:21 PM
link   
All of this asking about where are Bush's records, what the score of the Redskins game, etc., etc. are just meant to deflect from the original post.

Maybe what RANT was referring to was the November 6, 1971 C-SPAN interview with Kerry, discussing his New Soldier book. There's a video of the interview, with a very interesting exchange between the interviewer and Kerry at about the 2:54 mark into the video. For those interested, the video can be reached here.

Was that the red herring you referred to, RANT?

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Well RANT I think your wrong..

www.realclearpolitics.com...

I guess we see what both parties are doing

And what effect is Bin Ladin having?

[img]http://www.caglecartoons.com/images/preview/[58687A64-220F-4AFD-B384-CD65989D8D71].gif[/img]

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Ed...

I really, really, really hope that you spend so much time trying to stir up propaganda, and pitch red herrings that you accidentally check the Kerry/Edwards box on your ballot.

It'd serve you right.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Loki
Ed...

I really, really, really hope that you spend so much time trying to stir up propaganda, and pitch red herrings that you accidentally check the Kerry/Edwards box on your ballot.

It'd serve you right.

Not a chance, I am not from Florida

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 09:57 PM
link   
So?

So what if he IS unfit for duty, or command, or anything. So is Bush, so there really is no high road in this discussion.

What is essential for America to get back on it's feet in every catagory is serious deletion of portions of the Federal Government.

From cutting the taxes drastically, to ending the Space Program and Federal Schooling. Since day 1, the private sector has done things better faster and cheaper than the federal government.

Let's give them the options to succeed by drastically reducing restrictions, replacing them with firm and effective laws.

Let's clean up the judicial system in this country by wiping out years of clog.

NONE of this will happen with Bush or Kerry, so really who is what and how much is completely wasted.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyJethro

What is essential for America to get back on it's feet in every catagory is serious deletion of portions of the Federal Government.

From cutting the taxes drastically, to ending the Space Program and Federal Schooling. Since day 1, the private sector has done things better faster and cheaper than the federal government.

Well I think it is important for folks to know this, for at least later they can't claim they didnt know about the truth.

For the most part I can agree with most of what you said but we both know it will take time and isnt going to happen in 05.

I do disgree with the Space program comment. There is no way private business is going to take the risks and have the Billions to take it on such ambitious space programs. Will not happen, maybe never.

The US governement has to fund these, now the 'payback' for them is a larger enconomy due to the tech spinoffs etc and the spending in general. I remember reading somewhere that the space program (apollo) paid for itself 4 fold???

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
Well I think it is important for folks to know this, for at least later they can't claim they didnt know about the truth.

The truth is, is that neither person will really do anything worth real support in the next 4 years. Until we demand government to DO as we wish, they will continue to do nothing of merit.

For the most part I can agree with most of what you said but we both know it will take time and isnt going to happen in 05.

Of course not, it takes time to change the system, but honestly, these guys are NOT doing anything to help. The minor changes they make are overshadowed by more substantial growth in the government and our influence.

I do disgree with the Space program comment. There is no way private business is going to take the risks and have the Billions to take it on such ambitious space programs. Will not happen, maybe never.

Really? They are doing it now. For that matter, they did it for far less than the government would do it, and it was great exposure for the companies that entered. Who exactly does the government compete with in our own country? The answer is no one. If we were allowed to compete (along with divulgance of all Federal Technologies and data) we would smoke the world because we DO have the best working system as has been proven for years.

Cars, guns, military, computer, software, banking systems, credit cards, movies, advertising, health care, just to name a few.

The US governement has to fund these, now the 'payback' for them is a larger enconomy due to the tech spinoffs etc and the spending in general. I remember reading somewhere that the space program (apollo) paid for itself 4 fold???

Right, but spin offs take time, and it would be faster and cheaper should companies do it in the first place, on the cutting edge. These technologies would be converted STRAIGHT into the consumer and world market. The money collected on that growth alone would pay the government NOT to do it with more money than if it had done it themselves and gotten paid back.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyJethro

Really? They are doing it now. For that matter, they did it for far less than the government would do it, and it was great exposure for the companies that entered. Who exactly does the government compete with in our own country? The answer is no one. If we were allowed to compete (along with divulgance of all Federal Technologies and data) we would smoke the world because we DO have the best working system as has been proven for years.

Right, but spin offs take time, and it would be faster and cheaper should companies do it in the first place, on the cutting edge. These technologies would be converted STRAIGHT into the consumer and world market. The money collected on that growth alone would pay the government NOT to do it with more money than if it had done it themselves and gotten paid back.

Well in the foreseeable future it can not happen, what happened recently with the private space competetion was great, but that is millions, not Billions....big difference...

The Technologies that the FEds have is well....yes the best in the world bar none......and they will keep it that way.

Boeing just couldnt afford to take these risks, the stockholder would #.

One thing the Feds could do is let them , with oversight, deduct the monies spent on space research from the tax liability and we might have a start..

So if they both suck, which I could understand, you can bitch but just what can you do about in 2004? Nov 2?

Think about that one..

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join