It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2Pac Died For Us; Spirit of a True American Hero

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by WaterBottle
reply to post by Leuan

There is no free pass to exploit INNOCENT whites for pitiful treatment of blacks or natives in the past.

Tupac usually spoke about the current day racism at that time...

^ This is what you said to youtube. I don't see any hate towards white people in this video. He's speaking on racial stereotypes in society. Which was true, just look at how fast Trayvon was labeled a thug...if he was a white kid he wouldn't have been.

It's happening again in america, whites are being enslaved and racists cheer for it, not speak out against it.

lol? Whites are being enslaved in a 78% white country? Where almost everything is owned by white people? White people haev the most wealth on average...... Yeah, really being enslaved.

I'm sorry but you sound like a delusional racist yourself.

edit on 22-2-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

Why would you hurl a generalization, then apologize? All for pointing out that he said some idiotic crap that people believe to this day. Sorry, I don't buy the "whitey is evil" mantra.
Whites have been enslaved before, so it's not exactly a field dream. Please come back with something substantial instead of political rhetoric, mrs jackson

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leuan

Originally posted by WaterBottle
reply to post by Leuan

There is no free pass to exploit INNOCENT whites for pitiful treatment of blacks or natives in the past.

Tupac usually spoke about the current day racism at that time...

^ This is what you said to youtube. I don't see any hate towards white people in this video. He's speaking on racial stereotypes in society. Which was true, just look at how fast Trayvon was labeled a thug...if he was a white kid he wouldn't have been.

It's happening again in america, whites are being enslaved and racists cheer for it, not speak out against it.

lol? Whites are being enslaved in a 78% white country? Where almost everything is owned by white people? White people haev the most wealth on average...... Yeah, really being enslaved.

I'm sorry but you sound like a delusional racist yourself.

Why would you hurl a generalization, then apologize? All for pointing out that he said some idiotic crap that people believe to this day. Sorry, I don't buy the "whitey is evil" mantra.
Whites have been enslaved before, so it's not exactly a field dream. Please come back with something substantial instead of political rhetoric, mrs jackson

see my previous posts, and see beyond what you are being fed....

there will be no hero, nor savior among us, till that can happen......

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Tetra I understand your position however what does watterbottle add to the convo?
Whites own everything ? On credit? What?
He accuses me of racism for a simple recognition of the facts..

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
OK sure, a thug is a thug no matter how much gangsta cash he had. He was inspiration to who? What a load of BS

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by DOLCOTT
OK sure, a thug is a thug no matter how much gangsta cash he had. He was inspiration to who? What a load of BS

"Cuz they win when your soul dies" Pac

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Tetra I understand your position however what does watterbottle add to the convo?

You are precisely correct. Look beyond waterbottle and his/her position, just designed to get that response out of you, that's all I'm saying. They accuse us of hate, to get hate out of us....that, I think, is what Tupac would have really wanted us to be aware of, and to refuse to respond to......

thanks for your understanding and words.....

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   

starred you for that, and you showed exactly where you are, and may we all get there someday.....

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by tetra50

Stars for what, he was a smart black dude from the streets and manipulated his brothers and took a lot of cash from poor black kids and rich white ones laughing all the way to the bank. He was more about the rhetoric than actions. Did he help the Black community no way. He made his cash, moved to the burbs and sang about the hood. He derves as much respect as Jesse Jackson Jr, he certainly didn't deserve to die for his words, but hey they say he is alive LMAO. More hype and BS face it he was a con man turned entertainer, my hat off to him for hitting big, he proved anyone can make it in america.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Celebrities are not heroes.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Leuan

Clearly you didn't watch the video because he didn't say anything about white people being evil.

Whites have been enslaved before, so it's not exactly a field dream.

lol, yes, white people are really being enslaved by other races in the US, when they are the majority and have most of the wealth, and own nearly everything, hold the majority of political offices, majority CEOs on and on.;...

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   

reply to post by tetra50

Stars for what, he was a smart black dude from the streets and manipulated his brothers and took a lot of cash from poor black kids and rich white ones laughing all the way to the bank. He was more about the rhetoric than actions. Did he help the Black community no way. He made his cash, moved to the burbs and sang about the hood. He derves as much respect as Jesse Jackson Jr, he certainly didn't deserve to die for his words, but hey they say he is alive LMAO. More hype and BS face it he was a con man turned entertainer, my hat off to him for hitting big, he proved anyone can make it in america.

Judge much??? When in Rome, and all the rest....

If you wanted to make an impact, just how would you do that today, having attained a position that your words would be heard? For your response illustrates incredibly well how no one, the return of Jesus, or any other hero, would ever be heard or matter.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by tetra50

You are precisely correct. Look beyond waterbottle and his/her position, just designed to get that response out of you, that's all I'm saying. They accuse us of hate, to get hate out of us....that, I think, is what Tupac would have really wanted us to be aware of, and to refuse to respond to......

thanks for your understanding and words.....

Yep they love to play semantics (trolls) Luckily, many of us are disecting the rhetoric like we were instructed to do by our elders. Very important for the times we live in!
I think they're scared of losing control

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I guess speaking the truth about what Tupac said makes you a troll.

Go carry on thinking that speaking about racial stereotypes in society means that he somehow hated white people. I guess you'd prefer if black people "stayed in their place".

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   

starred you for that, and you showed exactly where you are, and may we all get there someday.....

Is this a joke? I'm nowhere. I'm out of the matrix but it tries to pull me back in at every chance. I don't always express my thoughts completely on here, so I hope we're not misunderstanding eachother.
That tupac quote gets right to the center of the matter. Our souls are in perpetual warfare, religious or not.
Take care tetra

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Is this a joke? I'm nowhere. I'm out of the matrix but it tries to pull me back in at every chance. I don't always express my thoughts completely on here, so I hope we're not misunderstanding eachother.
That tupac quote gets right to the center of the matter. Our souls are in perpetual warfare, religious or not.
Take care tetra

You take care, too. Your response says it all. I do not express my thoughts here either. Yes I hope we are not misunderstanding each other , either, but I sense your fear of being aligned in any way with me, no problem. Yes, our souls are in perpetual warfare, it is what he wanted us to know and acknowledge. And I thank the OP for that, for this was his intent, to get to the center of the matter. He spoke of chips and intent, and race and other matters, and he wanted, I think, us to see how if you were to recognize this it would destroy you....

No need to distance yourself here.....no one agrees nor sees.....and it is exactly as it was meant to be, straight from a rapper

And God will forgive what happened in no....

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I think you have to go back and look at the interview when he was still in high school to see what a smart guy he really was and his tight friendship with Jada Pinkett Smith which you can also read about, it is funny how, the world and circumstances will and can change you, I think Tupac was into the poetry and rap in the beginning as his only passion, and the whole digital underground phase was his best times before going all out and solo and the whole Thug Life portrayal that was his trademark, I believe that all the times he landed in jail for whatever reasons changed his possible views on a lot of things.

All I am saying is, I am not sure of the hero status, wouldn't go so far myself, but there are many who do think of him in that way and I will add, very strongly about it.

Tupac from all appearances way before the internet sites and conspiracy theories of the Illuminati was already focused on it especially after his fast rise all the way to the top, he was just fully understanding what it was and perhaps he was attempting to possibly bring more light to it's existence to more people, I also know some people in prison systems and gangs for some reason they have always had knowledge of the illuminati, secret societies etc, I can remember hearing much of what is discussed as occult, freemasonry, rituals etc back in the early eighties and before by people by all accounts (and this is my own personal knowledge) that could tell had just gotten out of some prolonged prison sentence or incarceration, I think the study of these subjects or religion and others for some reason becomes a commonplace thing to pass time away when in the pen.

I don't think we should villafy Tupac or make him a hero either.

RIP Tupac

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
How did we go from some gangsta put a cap in his ass...to a true American hero?

edit on 22-2-2013 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SPEZNA1

Very true, it WAS Vegas, after all.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   
SMH. Some people are here to get away from the media/propaganda and they bring their brain washed ideas to this site lol. To the people who don't get it. He was a Hero. Period. Hip-Hop as a culture (not rap but Hip-Hop) is an inanimate hero. It brought awareness to lifestyles that people are completely ignorant of. It shed its light into America's darkest corners. People say the music is negative, it is a clear reflection of the reality that inspired its creation.

We should note that being a Hip Hop artist is about 1/100 of what makes up Pac. He was incredibly talented. He wrote screen plays, poetry, and was interested in the well being of everyone lied to or oppressed.

Spezna :
stop watching the news please.

The guy could not stay out of the whole gansta crap and got shot up for it. Messing with sug's money.....not a good idea! Oh BTW.....he didn't wear his vest because it was too hot and he sweating his azz off.

I imagine you saying this in a screech like voice. So far from true. Suge was playing with his money and he planned on leaving. You have no idea what your talking about and I feel sorry for the people that starred you.

Stinka :

He was a good rapper That's it

See what I mean. Thats all YOU know about him.Go read more about the truth. We are here on ATS to talk about the Truth.

Dolcott:

Really?? Gangsta cash, wtf is that like a new currency or something. When you go learn the truth and understand, that you are sticking to the provided script. Think outside of the box.

More hype and BS face it he was a con man turned entertainer, my hat off to him for hitting big, he proved anyone can make it in america.

Xtrozero

How did we go from some gangsta put a cap in his ass...to a true American hero?

The same way George Washington, American Generals and Majors, people idolized from the wild west era and THE MOST IMPORTANT OUR MILITARY. Sit back and think about that for a second.

I will end it here. He was incredible and he was our american rose from the concrete. A thug to some but a HERO to many.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by phinubian
I think you have to go back and look at the interview when he was still in high school to see what a smart guy he really was and his tight friendship with Jada Pinkett Smith which you can also read about, it is funny how, the world and circumstances will and can change you, I think Tupac was into the poetry and rap in the beginning as his only passion, and the whole digital underground phase was his best times before going all out and solo and the whole Thug Life portrayal that was his trademark, I believe that all the times he landed in jail for whatever reasons changed his possible views on a lot of things.

All I am saying is, I am not sure of the hero status, wouldn't go so far myself, but there are many who do think of him in that way and I will add, very strongly about it.

Tupac from all appearances way before the internet sites and conspiracy theories of the Illuminati was already focused on it especially after his fast rise all the way to the top, he was just fully understanding what it was and perhaps he was attempting to possibly bring more light to it's existence to more people, I also know some people in prison systems and gangs for some reason they have always had knowledge of the illuminati, secret societies etc, I can remember hearing much of what is discussed as occult, freemasonry, rituals etc back in the early eighties and before by people by all accounts (and this is my own personal knowledge) that could tell had just gotten out of some prolonged prison sentence or incarceration, I think the study of these subjects or religion and others for some reason becomes a commonplace thing to pass time away when in the pen.

I don't think we should villafy Tupac or make him a hero either.

RIP Tupac

You are being given the personalities, with their attendant "profilic" qualities, to describe the story, meant to divide and conquer, and you can either accept and choose the side or not....it is what it is, and what you choose will define where we all go....that is the lesson, and in choosing, we sink or swim. But as the military makes issues of us, the weakest link pays for the rest of the platoon, think about where you lead the rest of us.

Tupac is a quintessential example of this, just this. Do we deserve a hero, and if we do, who would it be, what would his characteristics be, and what would it take for us to define him as such and not challenge his status?
These, and more, are the questions we should be asking. Do we question what he stood for, in times where we have been given the tools and the vision to see that the venue is all predicated, and the hero prescribed in exactly those times and in that view, so we would either question or accept.....

We have to accept and glorify someone and something, believe and stand behind someone and something, somewhere....this is where we are, and this is what it is. Will you believe or not? Will you have faith or not?
Will you denigrate and humilify, for your own ego, or forget and forgive and let be...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join