It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UnBEElievable Symbology

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by RiverRunsFree

Interesting as the Bee figures prominently with Ethiopian Royal and the Djed pillar figure is found else where in Africa.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Klik^me

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Thanks guys

Most of this information came from the website I mentioned but by looking at the additional information posted here it seems the OP just scratches the surface, so thanks for posting.

I will try to add more detailed info later.

Originally posted by SquirrelNutz

Wow. You are either bat-# crazy, or right on the #ing money.

I often ask myself this question

edit on 23-2-2013 by RiverRunsFree because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Hi .. full time lurker here p/t poster tho.
Awesome thread but I`ve a question about bees .. Did North America have native bees? I researched this but can`t find anything .. all refrences in the OP talked about Europe, Asia, and Africa, even Aulstralia but none from the Native Americans or even S. America.. what was refrenced to North America was by Europeans which leads me to believe that they were imported. I`ve had a passing curiosity about this since I read somewhere ages ago that N.A didn`t have a native bee, but have been unable to confirm this ??
TIA for any input on this.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by gtbobcat

Hope this helps a little...

In his book Notes on Virginia the early American statesman Thomas Jefferson discussed how the Honeybee arrived in North America;

"The honeybee is not a native of our country. Marcgrave, indeed, mentions a species of honeybee in Brazil. But this has no sting, and is therefore different from the one we have, which resembles perfectly that of Europe. The Indians concur with us in the tradition that it was brought from Europe, but when and by whom we know not. The bees have generally extended themselves into the country a little in advance of the settlers."

Jefferson’s theory is intriguing, and not inconsistent with the Mormon legend of the Jaredites Honeybee migration.

andrewgough.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
The queen bee is not the ruler of the hive. No bee follows the orders of another, each bee simply follows their own desires and whatever they do is what they individually desire to do. The queen bee pumps out babies, no one tells her to do this it is simply what she was designed to do. Other bees collect nectar, tend to babies, etc... No one told them to, it is simply what they were designed to do, it's what they enjoy doing.

If the masons are worshiping the bee hive then they're doing it wrong. There is no hierarchy in a bee hive, no leaders, only individuals.

Ra was not the most important god in Egypt, I believe Amun was though the two eventually merged to become Amun Ra.
edit on 23-2-2013 by Symbiot because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Wonderfully done thread!
Honey was one of our earliest and most important medicines, able to heal sores, infections, soothe upset stomachs and more. It was also our first source of sugar for sweetening beverages and let's not forget fermented honey - Mead!
Beeswax is extremely useful and made our longest lasting candles in the absence of animal tallow and oil. The bees literally gave us light in more than one way.
Pollinating crops was yet another critical function they have performed for mankind. Why are they dying out now? What have we introduced in our environment to cause such drastic decline? Perhaps most importantly is was it intentional wiping out wild bees?
Thanks for a great read.

edit on 23-2-2013 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
by my understanding the honeybee is the only known creature that both improves the environment and preys not on any other species....excellent thread kudos.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...(science_fiction)

After reading through this I wonder if the "group mind " is just science fiction

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
A huge post of the symbolism of a bee and you forgot one important fact before you rambled on and on.

The symbol is not a bee, it's a beehive. A beehive symbolizes storage of something valuable needed for living.

End of symbolism.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Beautiful thread.....thank you for all the effort you've put into it.

This is the kind of thread ATS was created for,

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   

my two cents worth about bees.

in the 1960s, while living in arizona, my favorite trail went through a bees nest in ground .

i asked an indian friend what to do if they came out while i was on the trail.

he said to put my hand in front of my mouth so as to not inhale any.

keep my feet on the ground so as to not step on any bees.

and to slowly walk out of the swarm.

a couple weeks after, i had to do this and it actually worked.

edit on 23-2-2013 by citizen6511 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I did a little more digging ... it seems there were no native honey bees in North America .. but there were bees ... anyways thanks to this thread and all the information. Has been a great read !!

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by cuopar

After reading through this I wonder if the "group mind " is just science fiction

Hive Mind : A type of collective consciousness where individuality is stifled; a state of conformity

Take a look around in the metaphysical/philosophy boards and you'll see the hive being formed right in front of your eyes. They are all partaking of meditation which leads them to believe that they 1) all one and 2) divine. They are all partaking of divination.

Buzzing is quite a common recorded manifestation of eastern meditation techniques and trance like states. Little do they understand just what wickedness lies behind its swarming our western lands, as quoted by the Op;

"and he that will so demean himself, as not to be endeavouring to add to the common stock of knowledge and understanding, may be deemed a drone in the hive of nature, a useless member of society, and unworthy of our protection as masons.”

The nwo is a babel, the forming of a "one language" entirely at enmity with Our Creator.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Government is directly correlated to the massive declines in our bee's today. This is all explained here: www.youtube.com...

Does this not suggest that we're being lined up for extinction; taking away one of our most precious resources?

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I once saw a beautiful labyrinth that said "Beelieve" while fooling around on Google Earth. I wish I had recorded the coordinates -- I didn't -- but it was somewhere in the New England states.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Question for the OP (or anybody): Did you uncover any relationship between bees and flies in your researches? Could they have been used interchangeably, or was a differentiation made between the two insects?

Wasn't one of the old Sumerian or Babylonian gods known as "Lord of the Flies"?

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
**********************************************************************************************

OMG I'VE BEEN STUDYING MASONIC AND SECRET SYMBOLISM FOR

SOME TIME NOW AND I HAVE NEVER COME ACROSS THE SYMBOL OF BEES.

AND NOW IT ALL CLICKS TOGETHER I LIVE IN NEW ZEALAND AND OUR PARLIMENT

WHICH IS WHERE THE POLITICIANS AND PRIME MINISTER RESIDE IS CALLED THE BEEHIVE

AND IS SHAPED AS A BEEHIVE SO EVEN OUR LITTLE COUNTRY IS HAS BEEN INFILTRATED

FROM DAY ONE. # YOU JOHN KEY I KNOW YOUR A FREEMASON AND YOUR SELLING

UP OUR LAND,RIVERS AND WATER HOW THE # CAN YOU TAKE OWNERSHIP OF NATURAL

RESOURCES LIKE THAT.

THIS CAN'T GO ON FOREVER THERE HAS TO BE A DOWNFALL BUT I GUESS THE REST OF HUMANITY

WILL GET DRAGGED DOWN WITH THEM SINCE %90 OF THE WORLDS POPULATION IS DEPENDANT ON

A GOVERNMENT.

"A DAMN SHAME WHEN WILL IT EVER CHANGE" - Tupac amaru shakur

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
A brilliant read, never once got bored!
Very interesting..... It's definitely a fear, with the decreasing bee population.

Does anybody know the exact figures? And if it's as serious as some make out?

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by pacifier2012
A huge post of the symbolism of a bee and you forgot one important fact before you rambled on and on.

The symbol is not a bee, it's a beehive. A beehive symbolizes storage of something valuable needed for living.

End of symbolism.

I do understand where you're coming from... so please don't read the following in a confrontational tone.

The symbol is a beehive and I did ramble on about the bee to begin with, however in order to understand the symbolism of a beehive you have to trace it back to the beginning. The beginning involves the bee, it would have been impossible to understand the beehive symbol without going all the way.

In answer to your second point, one which I did consider myself at fist. " A beehive symbolizes storage of something valuable needed for living. End of Symbolism".

The reason I got past that thought was because of one thing, WHY the beehive? Value to a bank is currency, gold, silver etc. Why would I use a beehive and not a miner of precious stone? The pick axe, the mine lantern etc.

If the symbol of a beehive is just to represent storage of something valuable why does it appear on George Washington's Masonic apron? and countless other places where such a meaning doesn't fit?

That being said, and I'm sure I haven't changed your mind, you are more than entitled to disagree with this. There is plenty of things I read that I disagree with so I'm happy to agree to disagree.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ipsedixit
Question for the OP (or anybody): Did you uncover any relationship between bees and flies in your researches? Could they have been used interchangeably, or was a differentiation made between the two insects?

Wasn't one of the old Sumerian or Babylonian gods known as "Lord of the Flies"?

I didn't come across a relationship between the bee and flies (personally) but I have been sent various PM's about bee symbolism and one thing that stands out regarding this -
"Sound>Symbolism>words.

Unfortunately these days it's the other way around.
That's unnatural so will provide an unnatural design as witnessed today."

That may be a cryptic way of answering your question but it's worth a thought.

With regards to old Sumerian gods, I don't know much about "Lord of the Flies" (apart from the book) but there was this -

For example, the Sumerian stele below is one of many believed by alternative history writers to depict figures of alien origin. However, more measured interpretations believe that this scene, and others like it, depict the worship of the Mother Goddess, manifest as a Queen Bee or Bee Goddess; a figure who is frequently adorned by her followers - the Bee Priestesses. Again, this should not be viewed as unusual, for honey was regarded by Sumerian physicians as a unique and vital medicinal drug. In fact, it has been suggested that the Sumerians invented Apitherapy, or the medical use of Honey

I can't help but think how similar this scene is to this -

And there was this -

Sumerians appear to have been the first to depict winged figures in art, including humans with wings. Might this symbolism be attributable to worship of the Bee Goddess? Could the Bee have been the inspiration for winged figures of all kinds?

That may be a bit of a stretch but worth knowing of the possibility.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join