It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UnBEElievable Symbology

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Like it

Originally posted by RiverRunsFree

I also found these images for fun, the leaders wives (wife of US President and wife of UK Prime Minster) -

Came across the following regarding the 'Rig Veda' and bee connection, thought of this thread so just to add....

Rig Veda often refers to the bee and depicts Kama as carrying a bow whose string is a chain of bees. Lord Vishnu himself is represented as a blue bee on a lotus flower

theosophytrust.org...

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I just now noticed it.

But the dome on the Capitol building in DC is a giant beehive.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Excellent thread!

This information was quite captivating! Thanks for bringing this to our attention! Bee's are quite fascinating little creatures, but I didn't know they carried such an old and rich symbolism.

Come to think of it, there is a stone relief facade above the entrance way to the Administration Building at my University. On one of the stone carvings, it pictures a man holding what appears to be either a hornets nest, or a bee hive....its hard to tell. Perhaps there is some sort of relation to the symbolism you have outlined thus far. Sadly that's all I have to contribute!

Also, within the information you outlined, what I found to be most intriguing, was Mormon use of the word Deseret and the Epithet engraved on the Washington memorial using the word Deseret, both meaning "Bee". I might have to do some research on this when I am so inclined!

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Thanks for a very informative and intersting thread.
I am a beekeeper and a mason.
There were many things in your OP that I did not know. S&F
THANKS AGAIN!
Quad

posted on Sep, 30 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I'm glad you guys enjoyed, makes it worth while putting the effort into a thread when you know other people are interested too.

CAPT PROTON
I just now noticed it.

But the dome on the Capitol building in DC is a giant beehive.

Very interesting... this made me think (probably too much) but I'm sure people here know about the conspiracy of the three city states that control the Roman Empire -

- City of London (finance)

- Washington DC (military)

- Vatican City (religion)

"The aforementioned city-states listed above are sovereign, corporate entities not connected to the nations they appear to be part of. In other words, the City of London (that is the square mile within Greater London) is not technically part of Greater London or England, just as Vatican City is not part of Rome or Italy. Likewise, Washington DC is not part of the United States that it controls.

These sovereign, corporate entities have their own laws and their own identities. They also have their own flags. Seen below is the flag of Washington DC. Note the three stars, representing the trinity of these three city-states, also known as the Empire of the City. (There is also high esoteric significance to the number 3.)"
www.rumormillnews.com...

Although I may be reading too much into this, apart from the Capitol building in DC having a beehive so too does London (St Pauls Cathedral) and Vatican City (St. Peter's Basilica)... all very important buildings to each city. I wish I could post pictures to compare but I'm no longer able to, if anyone could post these buildings it would be much appreciated.

GreenCross
Also, within the information you outlined, what I found to be most intriguing, was Mormon use of the word Deseret and the Epithet engraved on the Washington memorial using the word Deseret, both meaning "Bee". I might have to do some research on this when I am so inclined!

This was one of the more surprising finds while looking into this (for me at least), there is a lot of information out there on the Mormons and the use of Bee symbology, I didn't cover it very well in my OP but I can tell you it's worth looking into... it goes all the way back to the beginning.

It would be interesting to see a photo of the symbol at your Uni.... if you ever get the chance of course.

Quadrivium
Thanks for a very informative and intersting thread.
I am a beekeeper and a mason.
There were many things in your OP that I did not know. S&F
THANKS AGAIN!
Quad

No problem, it seems this thread was almost made for you
I'm glad there was information that informs (a little more) on your interests.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: RiverRunsFree

Common Deities Associated with Bees

◦Cybele:
Greek mother goddess, to whom the bee represents fertility.

◦Diana:
Roman nature goddess, to whom the bee represents continuation of life (pollination) and beauty.

◦Demeter:
Greek earth goddess, to whom bee meaning deals with provision and harvest (honey) .

◦Krishna:
Hindu god who, when the bee is depicted with the lotus, represents reincarnation.

◦Shiva:
Hindu god who, when the bee is shown upon his forehead, means luck, transformation and peace.

◦Ra:
Egyptian sun god, to whom the bee represents vision, creativity and wisdom.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   
A brief correction, if you will. Creativity was represented by the deity, Ptah, and wisdom by Thoth

originally posted by: DigitalCipher
a reply to: RiverRunsFree

Egyptian sun god, to whom the bee represents vision, creativity and wisdom.

Bees were, however, the "tears of Re" (as was honey and beeswax) - but were also associated with the goddess Nut - as well as Hathor. It becomes the symbol of Lower Egypt, so that the king's true title ("nswt bty") means "he of the sedge and bee" and references are sometimes made to the king as the one who "unites the sedge and the bee."

References:

If you search Archive.Org (the Wayback Machine) for "http://www.kendall-bioresearch.co.uk/sacredinsect.htm" you will land on the archived version of the "sacred insect" of an Entymologist's who also studied Egyptology

Kritsky, Gene. The Tears of Re: Beekeeping in Ancient Egypt. Oxford University Press, 2015. (kinda-sorta available on Google Books but lots of the good stuff isn't accessible)

edit on 4-5-2017 by Byrd because: (make the message look prettier)

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 02:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

Thanks for the correction.... and additional information.

You seem to know your Egyptian history a lot better than me, interesting stuff!

posted on May, 5 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: DigitalCipher
a reply to: Byrd

Thanks for the correction.... and additional information.

You seem to know your Egyptian history a lot better than me, interesting stuff!

I'm getting a Diploma in it from the University of Manchester, under some famous (within the field) Egyptologists. It is NOT an easy course.

posted on May, 6 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   

The pharaoh's throne name, the first of the two names written inside a cartouche, and usually accompanied the title nsw-bity (nesu-bity, nesw-bit, nswt-bjtj). The term literally means "S/He of the Sedge and Bee", but is often translated for convenience as "King of Upper and of Lower Egypt", the sedge and bee being symbols for Upper and Lower Egypt, respectively.[2]

wiki

It's part of the king's titulary, for those that don't know. I wanted to post a pic of it but I have to use adblocker here because of my crappy processor and ATS won't let me post pics - as punishment for my disobedience.

Harte
edit on 5/6/2017 by Harte because: of the wonderful things he does!

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join