It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Americans Soon Not Be Able To Buy, Sell Or Get A Job Without A Global ID Card?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Not required in Chicago the worlds safest city. You can get a drivers license by just asking no ID required

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest
The only people that should be afraid of a National ID card are the ones who aren't able to work here legally in the first place.

Kind of like the only people worried about where cops are hiding on the freeway are the ones who are breaking the law.
edit on 22-2-2013 by Hopechest because: (no reason given)

No offence but, I think this type of thinking can be extremely dangerous where liberty is concerned. Once you give up just a little freedom, you are already on the path to be perpetually generous with all freedom.
edit on 25-2-2013 by ajay59 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Originally posted by ElohimJD
"you must observe my Sabbaths (7th day and annual Sabbaths), they are a sign (symbol indicating identity) that you are My poeple and I am your God, forever and throughout all your generations."

Seven Day Adventist, eh?
Actually, our beliefs on this matter are fairly similar, as they are one of the few religions who teach historicism correctly (for the most part). The part that I disagree with is exactly the part that you mention. While it may appear to be a good guess that its the Sunday Sabbath Keeping, it only meets one the the required criteria of what the bible states about the “mark”, and ignores the rest.

Sabbath Keeping:
1) Is not uniformly required by all countries or all religions in the world, and never will be.
2) Does not involve your hand or head in any real physical fashion.
3) Does not prevent you from engaging in commerce.
4) Does not in any way represent “the number of a man”
5) IS not pushed by the 5th “beast”(America), and never will be due to separation of church and state.
6) This is the only criteria from my list that it can be argued to fulfill
7) Does not apply here at all.
8) Does not represent a symbol of allegiance to any government.

Because not everyone will be a Christian, and does not honor the Sabbath at all, and because of the separation of Church and State, this is a very weak candidate for the “mark”, and will never come to pass. The state will never be involved in forcing anyone to worship on a particular day, they will never force you to worship a particular religion, and if they did there would be an instant uprising especially by groups such as the Muslims who now encompass the largest religion in the world.

Why would you fail to suspect something that meets all the criteria for real, in lieu of something that at best only meets a few symbolically? As I have shown there is another REAL, physical, “mark” between God and his people that is represented as being one short in the mark of the “beast”.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
You can't drive without a drivers license.
You can't travel outside country of origin without a passport.
You can't get married with permission (permit)
You can't hunt or fish without permission (permit)
You can't bring your dog outside the house without license.

If this is freedom what does enslavement look like?

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by mikell

As of 2011:

www.cis.org...
Illinois has only nine benchmarks completed, but is working toward compliance on the remaining nine material compliance benchmarks.

And here is a PDF on state compliance, what benchmarks they have complied with and what ones they plan on complying with by this year:
FY 2012 Secure Identification State Progress

So you don't have it “fully implemented” yet, but its coming...
Everyone must have one by 2017, those born after 1964 must have one by 12/1/2014.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by mikell

BTW, that only works for you because you've already identified yourself to the DMV. If you were a first time applicant, or out of state transfer, you have to supply documentation:

Illinois Secretary of State
Document Requirements to obtain a Driver’s License/State ID Card

First-time Illinois Driver’s License/ID Card Applicant
An applicant applying for a driver’s license or ID card for the first time in Illinois must present:
•one document that satisfies each of Group A, B and C
•two documents that satisfy Group D (one document from Group D if applicant is under age 5 applying for an ID card; one
document if applicant is applying for a no-fee ID card presenting a Homeless Status Certification)

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5

Originally posted by yuppa
Kind of hard to have a ID in your hand or in your head if its made of plastic and one and a half inches wide and 3 inches long dont ya think?

The bible doesn't actually say that... It's a translation.
The word used for “in” has like 30 different translations, and could just as easily mean that the “hand (fingerprints) or head (facial recognition)” is contained in the system. This would not have been even considered by the original folks doing the translation, as there was no such systems even thought of at the time.

Additionally, those who understand how Biometrics work, can also point to the fact that digitizing your biometrics into a digital format, is basically making you into the “number of a man”, based on your unique measurements.

edit on 2/23/2013 by defcon5 because: (no reason given)

Defcon. Here is where that breaks down. they will ask you in no uncertain terms Do you worship the anti christ. If you say no you are to be killed. You have to SWEAR to the AC and then you get the mark. Until we see people being made to swear their lives to the anti christ it will not be a mark of the beast. You have to accept it willingly and in full knowledge of what it means. Why do people not get that stipulation?

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by yuppa
Defcon. Here is where that breaks down. they will ask you in no uncertain terms Do you worship the anti christ. If you say no you are to be killed. You have to SWEAR to the AC and then you get the mark. Until we see people being made to swear their lives to the anti christ it will not be a mark of the beast. You have to accept it willingly and in full knowledge of what it means. Why do people not get that stipulation?

I don't get it because its simply not true...
What you're stating here are assumptions extrapolated by writers such as Hal Lindsey based on their best guesses as to how such a system would have to work. None of what you have written is anywhere in the actual Bible.

What you are in essence writing about is a style of interpretation called “Futurism”, which was written by a Jesuit Monk in the 1500's as part of the Protestant Counter-Reformation:

Francisco Ribera
Francisco Ribera (1537–1591) was a Spanish Jesuit theologian, identified with the Futurist Christian eschatological view.

Apocalypse commentary
In order to remove the papacy of the Catholic Church from consideration as the Antichrist (as an act of countering the Protestant Reformation), Ribera began writing a lengthy (500 page) commentary in 1585 on the Book of Revelation (Apocalypse) titled In Sacrum Beati Ioannis Apostoli, & Evangelistiae Apocalypsin Commentarij, proposing that the first few chapters of the Apocalypse apply to ancient pagan Rome, and the rest he limited to a yet future period of 3½ literal years, immediately prior to the second coming. During that time, the Roman Catholic Church would have fallen away from the pope into apostasy because of the Reformation cry stating that "the papacy is the seat of the true and real Antichrist." (Martin Luther, Aug. 18, 1520). Then, he proposed, the Antichrist, a single individual, would:

*Persecute and blaspheme the saints of God.
*Rebuild the temple in Jerusalem.
*Abolish the Christian religion.
*Deny Jesus Christ.
*Be received by the Jews.
*Pretend to be God.
*Kill the two witnesses of God.
*Conquer the world.

To accomplish this, Ribera proposed that the 1260 days and 42 months and 3½ times of prophecy were not 1260 years as based on the year-day principle (Numbers 14:34 and Ezekiel 4:6), but a literal 3½ years, hence preventing the arrival of the deduction of (i) the 1260 years to be related to the Dark Ages (according to the Historicism (Christianity) interpretation of eschatology from 538 A.D. when the papal power was fully established in Rome until its political blow in 1798 A.D., when Louis-Alexandre Berthier the general of Napoleon captured pope Pius VI as prisoner to Valence, France) and (ii) the Antichrist to be related to papacy.

There is nowhere in the bible that it states that:
1) People will have an open knowledge of what they are receiving.
2) That you have to “Swear an actual verbal oath” to the antichrist.
3) That you will accept it willingly.
4) That it comes from an “Antichrist”. Biblically it comes from a “beast”. As I stated earlier, the writers of the school of futurism are the ones who draw an assumption equating “beasts” with “antichrists”. Everywhere in the actual Bible “Beasts” are in reality explained to be World Superpowers (check the prophecies of Daniel. The “layers of the Statue, and related “Beasts” are all “Kingdoms”).

If you're a catholic, you shouldn't be following Futurism, but rather Preterism, as that is their accepted interpretation.

If you're a Protestant, then you should be following the interpretations based on Historicism.

It should be pretty telling to you that Futurism was written by the Catholics, yet even they reject it. It only became popular because of its good sci-fi content that lead to movies and books such as: “The late great planet earth”, “Left Behind”, “End of Days”, “The Oman”, “The Seventh Sign”, etc...

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Forget about the religion stuff. We already have a birth certificate, SS#, drivers license, passports and a host of other "papers" to identify us. What more is needed to control us and why?

I'm still trying to get a drives license because I lost my SS card and my drivers license expired. You need a SS card to get a drivers license and to get a copy of your SS card you need a valid drivers license. A catch 22 which you cannot get away from. It doesn't matter that I've had a valid drivers license since 1964 I now need "Many Papers" to prove who I am... This is "Freedom"?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join