The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.
Originally posted by ElohimJD
"you must observe my Sabbaths (7th day and annual Sabbaths), they are a sign (symbol indicating identity) that you are My poeple and I am your God,
forever and throughout all your generations."
Seven Day Adventist, eh?
Actually, our beliefs on this matter are fairly similar, as they are one of the few religions who teach historicism correctly (for the most part). The
part that I disagree with is exactly the part that you mention. While it may appear to be a good guess that its the Sunday Sabbath Keeping, it only
meets one the the required criteria of what the bible states about the “mark”, and ignores the rest.
1) Is not uniformly required by all countries or all religions in the world, and never will be.
2) Does not involve your hand or head in any real physical fashion.
3) Does not prevent you from engaging in commerce.
4) Does not in any way represent “the number of a man”
5) IS not pushed by the 5th “beast”(America), and never will be due to separation of church and state.
6) This is the only criteria from my list that it can be argued to fulfill
7) Does not apply here at all.
8) Does not represent a symbol of allegiance to any government.
Because not everyone will be a Christian, and does not honor the Sabbath at all, and because of the separation of Church and State, this is a very
weak candidate for the “mark”, and will never come to pass. The state will never be involved in forcing anyone to worship on a particular day,
they will never force you to worship a particular religion, and if they did there would be an instant uprising especially by groups such as the
Muslims who now encompass the largest religion in the world.
Why would you fail to suspect something that meets all the criteria for real, in lieu of something that at best only meets a few symbolically? As I
have shown there is another REAL, physical, “mark” between God and his people that is represented as being one short in the mark of the
As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.