It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Americans Soon Not Be Able To Buy, Sell Or Get A Job Without A Global ID Card?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   
First off, Im looking for more information IE e-mails, quotes from senators etc that this is not jsut a scare tactic but something they are serious about pushing onto the public so more sources on the topic will be appreciated.

El - linko

Starting a New Thread?...Look Here First

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count.
Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.
If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events,
or important information from other sites
please post one or two paragraphs,
a link to the entire story,
AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item,
as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

edit on Mon Feb 25 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   
It can't be done until the dollar collapses , then they will push the Id card .The thing about the card , it will be worldwide, not just America.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
It is being considered as part of the immigration bill coming up.

Senators drafting a bipartisan immigration bill are considering the creation of a high-tech national identity card to be carried by all workers, whether or not they are U.S. citizens.

The biometric ID card would use fingerprints or other personal markers to establish a person’s legal eligibility to work, according to The Wall Street Journal.

In a statement, the bipartisan Senate group called only for workers to prove their legal status and identities through “non-forgeable electronic means.”

The lawmakers have not yet decided on the biometric card, although five of the eight senators writing the legislation have backed the idea in the past. At least three — Republicans Lindsey Graham of South Carolina and John McCain of Arizona, and Democrat Charles Schumer of New York — have said they support requiring the cards but are open to other options, says the Journal.

www.newsmax.com...

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by vind21

The Bush administration finished gutting the nation, funded and founded the global private military industry, created insurmountable national debt and passed the laws needed for global corporate government. The writing has been on the wall for a while.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   
The only people that should be afraid of a National ID card are the ones who aren't able to work here legally in the first place.

Kind of like the only people worried about where cops are hiding on the freeway are the ones who are breaking the law.
edit on 22-2-2013 by Hopechest because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest
The only people that should be afraid of a National ID card are the ones who aren't able to work here legally in the first place.

Kind of like the only people worried about where cops are hiding on the freeway are the ones who are breaking the law.

Easy to say if you haven't been accused or suspected of something that you did not do.

The person who has had their door broken down and their pets shot during a 'no-knock' search warrant..... when the cops had the wrong address, or an address provided by an informant that lied..... They would understand.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

Easy to say if you haven't been accused or suspected of something that you did not do.

The person who has had their door broken down and their pets shot during a 'no-knock' search warrant..... when the cops had the wrong address, or an address provided by an informant that lied..... They would understand.

I'm sorry but how does that affect a national ID card in any way?

Even if your accused of doing something you didn't your still legally allowed to work in the country.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Even if your accused of doing something you didn't your still legally allowed to work in the country.

Sorry, I was just referring to your analogy here...

I wouldn't have commented on it if you hadn't used it.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Americans can't get jobs, have careers, or own homes now,

Their no longer part of their own country.

Deutsch Bank and Chinese firms own more American homes than Americans own.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I would love to see all forms of ID, including Credit cards all wrapped up into one piece of identification. It would make things much easier. When you pay for something you just swipe the card and choose which payment method it will be billed to. It includes your social security number, drivers license, passport.....everything.

Would make life a lot easier. Now if they could just wrap that into a bar code and implant it in your thumb that would be even better.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   

I would love to see all forms of ID, including Credit cards all wrapped up into one piece of identification. It would make things much easier. When you pay for something you just swipe the card and choose which payment method it will be billed to. It includes your social security number, drivers license, passport.....everything.

Would make life a lot easier. Now if they could just wrap that into a bar code and implant it in your thumb that would be even better.

If we had a National ID, it would make interstate concealed firearms carry a lot simpler.... oh, that is, if the anti-gun states didn't exist.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   
OH i can see the Mark of the beast posters lining up already. LOL. Seriously we already have a national ID card already.Its called the social security card. It can also be a drivers license or simple ID. Point is that a ID with your picture,and pertinent info is not the mark of the beast. Kind of hard to have a ID in your hand or in your head if its made of plastic and one and a half inches wide and 3 inches long dont ya think?

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by yuppa
OH i can see the Mark of the beast posters lining up already. LOL. Seriously we already have a national ID card already.Its called the social security card. It can also be a drivers license or simple ID. Point is that a ID with your picture,and pertinent info is not the mark of the beast. Kind of hard to have a ID in your hand or in your head if its made of plastic and one and a half inches wide and 3 inches long dont ya think?

Well my larger point was that one card for identification purposes, or something, would make life a bit easier in my opinion. I hate having to carry multiple things around since I tend to misplace things a lot.

Just a thought.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   

I'd say everyone should be afraid of a national ID card. What is wrong with a birth certificate a green card or a work visa?

Once a national ID card is forced upon us it will become the only acceptable means of identification. Although, I suspect one will never be required for voting.

It won't be long before it evolves into an RFID tracking device - for your safety of course, embedded with all your medical data, to help the emergency personnel, link it to your bank account too - why not?

Eventually, some computer expert will make it (the military already has these) available for locking and unlocking your machine. Then all your anonymity on the internet will be tagged with your real ID.

A national ID is the beginning of the end of freedom. No thanks.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Well my larger point was that one card for identification purposes, or something, would make life a bit easier in my opinion. I hate having to carry multiple things around since I tend to misplace things a lot.

Just a thought.

Here's a thought for you: It would also be easier for the Feds to track you, know every move you make, everything you buy, sell, type and then be able to call you a terrorist because you disagreed with them and lock your butt up without a trial. You would no longer have freedom of travel without road checks and if you are "deemed" not normal in any way you don't get a job, drivers license, or get to have children. They may even place you in a Fema camp to protect others. You had better read up on what this law means to us all.

NO BIG GOVERNMENT period.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Man... I wish I was one of these people still that is so niave they think nothing could happen to them as long as they are not breaking the law.

To bad I had that illusion smashed multiple times(each time was rather painful and involved alot of asfault), thankfuly, I never face actual prosecution due to false claims but there are many that do, you really have no idea until it happens to you.

You obviously have no idea what happens to your future employability when you have a felony on your record.

Further more what makes you think it will be the only form of ID?? Currently there are alot of places that require multiple forms of ID cards, no one said this is going to replace anything, it's "in addition to"

I would also like to mention the original intent of this post has nothing to do with "the mark of the beast" it has to do with a huge waste of money, not to draw out the 666ers
edit on 22-2-2013 by vind21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by SSFlorida

Just a thought.

Here's a thought for you: It would also be easier for the Feds to track you, know every move you make, everything you buy, sell, type and then be able to call you a terrorist because you disagreed with them and lock your butt up without a trial. You would no longer have freedom of travel without road checks and if you are "deemed" not normal in any way you don't get a job, drivers license, or get to have children. They may even place you in a Fema camp to protect others. You had better read up on what this law means to us all.

NO BIG GOVERNMENT period.

If the Federal Government actually thinks my life is interesting enough to pay people an annual salary to track my movements I would consider that a compliment.

It would be nice to be considered important enough to warrant the attention of a federal agency. If they are tracking me then I suppose there are tens of millions of "more important" people they are also tracking. Gosh I wonder how many people they are going to need on the payroll to track tens of millions of people.

Let's see, about 50k a year for a salary and probably two people to watch in detail everyone they are suspicious of...that comes too....hmmm I'm not good with math but I bet you its alot!

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Sounds like a pretty good idea. I will support just about anything that furthers the creation of a one world government. I dont like the US as it, so i see not reason not to do this.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I hate to point this out, but we already have a National, as well as basically an International, tracking ID card

The new “Gold Star” compliant, Real ID's contain UN ICAO (International Civil Aviation Organization), Biometric data, which is the same used in the international E-Passports. This is entered into a database that is internationally searchable. This data is already being utilized by police departments for use on Real-Time Facial Recognition Systems that are being deployed both in mobile police vehicles, and on fixed intersection camera systems.

Why are folks so worried about a “National ID”, or an short range RFID enabled ID, when we already have a more powerful tracking ID that has been quietly applied to everyone who holds a state ID card. Even the states that have laws against the Real ID Act, still have brought about the system by making changes in state DMV policies.

For example, Oklahoma has passed a law stating:

Oklahoma – OKLA. STAT. ANN, tit. 47, § 6-110.3 (2007) (The State of Oklahoma shall not participate in the implementation of the REAL ID Act of 2005. The Department of Public Safety is hereby directed not to implement the provisions of the REAL ID Act of 2005 and to report to the Governor and the Legislature any attempt by agencies or agents of the United States Department of Homeland Security to secure the implementation of the REAL ID Act of 2005 through the operations of that or any other state department.

Yet, secretly, Oklahoma has complied with the Real ID act by changing “department policy” in its state DMV offices...

How close is Oklahoma to the Real ID, Much, Much, Closer then it should be
At least 13 (the National Conference of State Legislatures recognizes 16) states passed an actual law against Real ID but we know from Congressional documents that some of these states are quietly issuing Real ID compliant driver’s licenses anyways.

Thirteen states have laws prohibiting compliance with the REAL ID Act. Even so, DHS believes that some of these states already issue secure identification documents consistent with the standards of the regulation.

These states may not sign up for the gold star just yet, but with a wink and a nod, they are just as surely undermining the will of the people by meeting the first 18 benchmarks of Real ID. To state it simply, these states are positioned to do the bidding of the Department of Homeland Security by meeting the requirements of the Real ID Act while retaining plausible deniability about violating their states’ law that prohibits implementation of the Real ID Act.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Kind of hard to have a ID in your hand or in your head if its made of plastic and one and a half inches wide and 3 inches long dont ya think?
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

The bible doesn't actually say that... It's a translation.
The word used for “in” has like 30 different translations, and could just as easily mean that the “hand (fingerprints) or head (facial recognition)” is contained in the system. This would not have been even considered by the original folks doing the translation, as there was no such systems even thought of at the time.

Additionally, those who understand how Biometrics work, can also point to the fact that digitizing your biometrics into a digital format, is basically making you into the “number of a man”, based on your unique measurements.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 2/23/2013 by defcon5 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join