It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So, you think an Island 2000km away from any continent is "paradise"? MUST SEE VIDEO

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Reply to post by CaticusMaximus

i'm using a mobile phone. perhaps boncho meant people like myself who cannot view these videos on my mobile.

would have been nice to have some kind of summary.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 06:22 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 06:26 AM
link   
To think that we claim to be the most "intelligent" creature on Earth.

We have to be extremely dumb will all the dumb inventions we made all in the name of money.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 06:31 AM
link   
This video made me cry... I will do what ever I can to stop supporting these industries and start finding my own solutions. Clearly these million/billion dollar corporations don't care and the majority of consumers alike. Maybe the consumers just don't know. I will spread the word.

I am only one man, but I swear to put the biosphere before my convenience from now on!!

I already stopped eating all the junk they try to pass off as food and now I will take this challenge on. The dollar is what they use to get stronger....I will not give them my money any more.

Thank you op for making this thread. God bless.

edit on 22-2-2013 by bitsforbytes because: I am human

edit on 22-2-2013 by bitsforbytes because: I am still human

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Hard to watch video because it shows what useless pieces of crap we really are, we just dispose and drop litter like there's no problem, someone else will pick it up.

When I moved into my flat here on an estate I got to know the other residents and we would sit outside in summer, have a glass of wine or whatever and chat but I instantly noticed just how much they littered, kids dropped sweat wrappers, parents dropped old cigs, burger wrappers basically anything they are from or drank from was dropped on the grass.

I was not brought up that way and started to pick up mine and others stuff and then was hit with the words I remember to this day..

"Why are you picking that up, someone gets paid to do that, why bother"...

And that I swear is exactly what was said, I explained I lived on a council estate which already have bad reputations and the last thing I needed was a mound of old food for vermin to feast on and large mounds of rubbish outside the door.

This sank in and now they pick up 90% of their stuff but sadly the 'youth' walk past my window and I've seen the all in one movement of the last bite of their take away as the box is then dropped all as one simple dirty act...

You tell them to pick it up and they either ignore you or give you abuse which I give back but at the end of the day the box stays there unless I pick it up for them...

I've since had rats in the house as I'm on the ground floor, had many many run ins with kids sitting in or outside the block who leave their unwanted left overs and boxes all over the place..

I can't keep up, the parents don't care...

If I showed hem this film they would most likely laugh...

Humans, all we are good at is destroying....Its in our nature...A paraphrase of a line in T2...

Such a shame we kill these lovely things before we kill ourselves, they really don't deserve it, we do.....
edit on 22-2-2013 by Mclaneinc because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I've never felt so ashamed in my life. I want to go there and help clean it up.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

The new MARPOL regulations started on 1st of January. Before that you could throw anything overboard apart from dunnage and plastics. I've found my self throwing microwaves, old tv's, old spare parts, tools, you name it. everything went overboard as long as it wasnt plastic.

From now on though the only thing you can throw overboard is food, or cleaning agents mixed in with water. its been a long time coming cause for the past 3/400 years our oceans have been a dumping ground!

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I went to Florida with my family one year for vacation. The husband and boys went fishing... I went and walked the beach for two hours. I walked a few miles picking up four huge bags of garbage.

If they ship people out to this island for free to stay in tents quarterly... they can pick up the garbage. Everyone who visits any lake or beach should pick up garbage as a tribute to nature, to show gratitude.

That plastic island in the oceans needs to be addressed by the UN or the Searra Club. The plastic needs to be harvested and recylced. Everyone needs to be responsible and clean up where ever they may be. Everyone should put in an hour every weekend at picking up litter. Call it spirtual tithing.

edit on 22-2-2013 by frugal because: sp

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I am not an environment freak, but that needs to be cleaned up ...

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

the problem isnt that people dont know. the problem is that people dont care.

Trust me deep own people know they are raping the planet they just dont care. Its too late for the human race, our end is nigh its just a matter of time. just breath and enjoy the planet will soon be cleansed.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by frugal
I went to Florida with my family one year for vacation. The husband and boys went fishing... I went and walked the beach for two hours. I walked a few miles picking up four huge bags of garbage.

If they ship people out to this island for free to stay in tents quarterly... they can pick up the garbage. Everyone who visits any lake or beach should pick up garbage as a tribute to nature, to show gratitude.

That plastic island in the oceans needs to be addressed by the UN or the Searra Club. The plastic needs to be harvested and recylced. Everyone needs to be responsible and clean up where ever they may be. Everyone should put in an hour every weekend at picking up litter. Call it spirtual tithing.

edit on 22-2-2013 by frugal because: sp

you are living in a fantasy land if you think the UN gives a Sh^t about anything but making more money.

They dont care about poverty, they dont care about about the environment, they dont care about equality.

Its delusional ideas like this that allow them to keep doing what they have been doing for so long, which is to steal from the poor and give to the rich.....after all they are the rich.
edit on 22-2-2013 by TiM3LoRd because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   
They say seagulls cannot burp and if you feed them alka seltzer their stomachs will explode.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by grayeagle
Stop using plastic grocery bags.

edit on 06/02/2011 by grayeagle because: spelling

Most stores in my area now charges $0.05 per bag if you use plastic, this is to encourage reusable bags. Some stores just dont have plastic bags to begin with so this is not even an option there.

Its a bit irritating when you forget your reusable bags at home and there is no other option at the store....but its good for the environment!

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Im ashamed to. As the saying goes "Dont # where you eat" but it's too late now....

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Our beautifull Earth is just so poluted right now its not even remotely funny!! Can you feel her pain?!

This was my last catch when I went fishing last time:

" target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

I still have it in my shed as a trophy!!!

The amount of trash that I have fished out of lakes and rivers is just plain shameful. It actually amounts to more than the fishes I caught.....

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Now, I know why the Indian wept.

MOTF!
edit on 22-2-2013 by MessOnTheFED! because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Lots of that stuff in their remains will get blown around and be ingested again and again by many animals for 100's or more of years all the while we keep adding to the pile.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by beastnwokillah

Most of the throw away disposable plastics are not being consumed by the third world countries but by us lazy ass "first" world countries! Many years ago as a kid growing up in northern Idaho I hated to see dirt roads become paved. As soon as they became paved so that the rich could access the forests in their expensive cars and campers the litter increased. My friends and I would pick up bottles along miles of roadside and turn them in for spending money. Even as a young kid I could see it. It is so much worse now.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Those who care to look a little closer would find this trash these birds ate and died from, are the result of refuse from the earthquakes and subsequent tsunami that hit Japan and the Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Plant on the 11th March 2011 and was spread by tidal currents, and not the result of a bunch of Dumbed Down Boob Tube Educated City Dwellers throwing their trash in the ocean.
edit on 22-2-2013 by MajorKarma because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Sometimes I just really really really hate people.

The animal kingdom is not violent, the people kingdom is!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join