It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So, you think an Island 2000km away from any continent is "paradise"? MUST SEE VIDEO

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+97 more 
posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   
This video is about an island in the ocean at 2000 km from any other coast line. Nobody lives, only birds and yet, you will not believe what you will see here.

I won't spoil it by talking about the topic. Just see for yourself........
DISCLAIMER!!!! VIDEO HAS SOME DISTURBING FOOTAGE

edit on Thu Feb 21 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
God damn humanity.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Some people can't watch videos, some people don't have the patience, we'd rather read and see pictures if they are necessary to get a message across.

I say birds being cut open with plastic inside. Not sure what the story is about...

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Heartbreaking! Those poor birds feasting on all our garbage floating in the ocean. I can't believe how much debris is found inside them. I can't believe they manage to swallow most of that stuff.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

That is just so heart wrenching! I hate us for doing that to our planet...
I'm sure we've left our mark (junk) almost everywhere.
Shameful and disgusting.

Makes me ashamed of the human race...

+23 more 
posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   

I feel ashamed.

Our oceans are becoming dumping grounds that many people are oblivious to.

I travel between Australia and Malaysia monthly and the crap in the ocean from Bali northwards all the way to Malaysia is mind-blowing - if it's man-made and floats, you can guarantee it's there.

The Indonesian Archipelago is by far the worst, not only with debris (plastic bags and sandals are the worst) but the colour of the ocean is also disgusting.

MARPOL regulations (Annex V) have recently been implemented and now pretty much nothing is allowed to be dumped overboard except ground-down food scrapes - and even then you must be 12nm off the coast. Good luck enforcing that - some people just don't give a ship!

Like I said, I am ashamed, after watching that, the Booby Birds deserve better......much better, we are irresponsible for allowing the planet to get to such a despicable state in the first place.

S&F
edit on 21-2-2013 by Sublimecraft because:

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   

That is heartbreaking in many ways... the terror the life there is experiencing, the very obvious source of their horror, knowing where the responsibility falls and realizing nothing is being done to solve the problem on a large scale. Emotions like that, packed into a few minutes of video, is very overwhelming and... nothing short of true heartbreak.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   
This is what happens when the majority of us live in a throw away society.

Maybe one day in the future we will just make the animals out of plastic and reminisce.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Yep, we're effing up this world pretty good.

www.midwayjourney.com...

+59 more 
posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
Some people can't watch videos, some people don't have the patience, we'd rather read and see pictures if they are necessary to get a message across.

I say birds being cut open with plastic inside. Not sure what the story is about...

Complaining that the length of a 4 minute video is to long to watch... wtf?

For some reason I cant help but perceive that attitude as somehow integral to the enabling of the atrocity shown in the 4 minute video that "some people dont have the patience" for.

Hmmm... wonder why that is.

edit on 2/21/2013 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   
if you cant even watch a video that's not even 4 minutes long you have A.D.D.

On a second note. Seagulls are probably the most annoying, waste of space, animal on the planet.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   
What people don't realize or don't care about is that if you toss just about any plastic throw away from disposable lighters to water bottles hundreds of miles from the ocean they can still end up there. Any watershed in the world can carry them down to the sea. We pollute and destroy the earth because we demand convenience. We are too damn lazy to utilize reusable or refillable items. Our litter laws are puny and there is very little enforcement. If someone buys a disposable lighter make the manufacturer provide an incentive for the customer to return them for a discount toward a new one. This could be done for many items. Use water filters and reusable water bottles. Stop using plastic grocery bags.

edit on 06/02/2011 by grayeagle because: spelling

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   

just a reminder....

Please post about the topic, and not other members...

and due to the nature of the video, I would suggest NOT posting any disturbing images from the video.....

You are responsible for your own posts.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Thank you for posting. I am saddened and ashamed and feel helpless as I watch innocent birds gasping for air and dying - a slow painful death.

This must be the hell that is spoken of so often in literature - beautiful but deadly. To know that an island that is not even inhabited by humans can cause so much agony is enough to kill my Spirit but I know that having hope is important.

I can only hang on to my hope and know that this misery cannot continue indefinitely - it must end and we must be getting closer to answers and actual healing. The fact that someone has the courage to make this film and for people to view the film and admit their shame - then - we are still aware and not hopelessly lost.

I hope one day we can tell our Children that this was a horrible nightmare and after we heal all the misery on this beautiful but beleaguered planet we can tell the 'story' of a hellish time that we will never let happen again.

Hopefully the birds will forgive us for what we have done to them and their offspring with our consumer driven lives.

Much Peace...for the animals we harm ...

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by grayeagle

Its so easy to recycle, and even easier to throw stuff into trash cans... but its amazing how few people can be arsed to do it if the trash can is more than an arms length away, and god forbid they actually have to WALK to get to one.

Its rather disgusting.

Actually I dont think disgusting is a good enough descriptor for it....

Repugnant feels more accurate. They are repugnant... on the inside.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Did anyone else start to get misty-eyed at 2:04..?

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Just seen this on FB its a terrible mess and REALLY HURT to see knowing I have contributed to the material build up here SAD. Tried to think of a way to help the many effected animals and seems only way now to is PREVENTION and better recycle methods to clean up this ILL
1 Prays the most aware or groups of AWARE here can come up with ways to fix this. Imagine the negative sad ill VIBRATIONS being Sent from these poor animals asking for HELP!!! or some type of response to ASSIST them. Thanks for sharing Op its disturbing but helps to AWARE many of the ills going on here.

NAMASTE*******

+13 more 
posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donahue

On a second note. Seagulls are probably the most annoying, waste of space, animal on the planet.

Depends on your perspective.

Personally I would contend that the species that subjugates itself and all other things it can, and actively destroys and contaminates its own environment to the point of poisoning itself and all other life is a MUCH worse waste of space than a sea gull who just catches fish all day.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I'm not sure what's more heart breaking, the fact that birds are dying due to our lack of care to our world or watching the agony and suffering depicted in their dying seconds.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join