It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sony Unveals PS4

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   
As a pretty big Nintendo fan and not a user of the PlayStation brand, I must say that this system is something that I am looking forward to seeing more of. I was quite impressed with the graphics of the new Killzone game as well.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by camarosquid

The new Killzone game does look good but in all honesty, a next gen release should look much better, I know it's not final but there are games out now which look just as good. Crysis 3 for example, stunning game and that is playing on an Xbox, PC version is unbelievable.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Di0nysis

Thought the player models looked pretty much mediocre.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by mardukiscoming

Probably a lot less than a gaming PC computer....my estimates could be wrong but I assume it'll cost around $699 or more.
edit on 21-2-2013 by SecretaryOfBacon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by canucks555
Sony confirms that the PlayStation 4 won't play PlayStation 3 games

hmm that's kinda dinky. but whatever//

its so your forced to buy them all off the playstation store to maximize their profits

just like the PS3 did with PS1/2 games

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Ya as far as profits go .. The Cooperate cheese~needle will be hard over. I wonder if XB buyers will be inundated in the same cooperate cheddar tsunami...
$650 (my guess after looking at the unvealing a bit more)
Imagine the wheel you could afford!!

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 03:43 AM
link   
You've got to bear in mind aswell current gen consoles were released in 2005, so that's say, an 8 year life cycle. That's 8 years, of the same system. Plus their sales pitch isn't doing a convincing job, especially if that used game lark is true.

For those unaware, the new consoles are rumoured to be using a new system where you buy your game, with a unique activation code....so.... No more borrowing games, I think a previous poster mentioned it could end the pre used gaming altogether. To me this just seems likely to push console users to PC, I for one am definitely going that route, it makes sense really. Plus if you're a console user crossing over to PC thinking 'Oh man, I can't use keyboard and mouse'. You can still use controllers on the PC. Personally I'll be making sure I learn K+M, it's just too dam accurate. Not to mention both the PS3 and Xbox Infinity will be technologically outdated after a year(ish).

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by winofiend

The hardware is junk..

I haven't seen EXACT specs yet, but I'm guessing the GPU is going to be 2 generations behind.

probably a 620M from Nvidia or something like that. I do like the separate CPU for vital functions though.

Nvidea 620M is one of the best video cards on the market currently...
8 gigs of RAM is solid although nowadays people get more than that.
TWO CPUs...

I'll never get a playstation because consoles are for children and tech-retarded people but those specs are better than what 95% of people or more have ever personallyused let alone own. My PC is better with a NVIDEA 560ti, 16 gigs ram, 3.4ghz i7 quad core, 1.5tb harddrive and a 7 fan cooling system - but it also cost me 1300. You're getting your money's worth with ps4, although getting one is just plain foolish. Get a crappy PC, learn how to fix it when it has a problem and then build your own one you're ready to put on your big boy pants.

Oh by the way that 1300 also includes the motherboard, case, and new mouse. Everything but the monitor and keyboard. And in 4 years I won't have to throw it away. Just buy a new part and install it in 10 mins or less.
edit on 22-2-2013 by HairlessApe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Damn. So many haters here.

I love my PS3. Sure it's not as good as a gaming PC (which I'm giving my first attempt at building at the moment so no hating there), but that doesn't stop me from logging 180 hours on COD 8 years after the console came out and having a blast. I say that's my moneys worth.

I can't wait for the PS4. I don't give a damn about playing old games, I want to play the new ones.

Not sure why everybody has to get so worked up over not liking it. Relax.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join