It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange lights/orbs seem to be teleporting

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
My wife and were driving about an hour outside of St. Louis last week. It was 5:30 p.m. and just getting dark. I noticed a very large stationary light about 150 feet in the air to our left. It was a pale yellow/amber. I'm guessing it was about a mile away. There was a power line roughly 200 yards away, which gave us a good visual aid as to whether the light was moving or not. The light was just above the power line in my line of sight. We lost sight of it after continuing on our route after about 3-4 minutes. After we gained sight of where it was, it seem to have disappeared.

We then saw two more very similar lights to our right just a few seconds after we lost sight of the first one. These were much closer, however; probably 250 yards away. They were in a large field right next to the road. They were identical to the first. One of the lights was stationary, and the other quickly flew around above the other in a playful looking manner. We watched these for around 10 seconds. A thick line of trees blocked our view and we lost sight. When we got past the trees, they appeared to be gone.

We then caught sight of what we believe to be the original light. It seemed to be the same distance away, but further west; the direction we were traveling. We watched this large, constant light for 20 seconds or so. The light was a pale yellow/amber color at first. Then it began alternating from pale yellow/amber to pale blue and pale pink, changing quickly. The colors were very pale. It then started pulsating in a distinct pattern. It wasn't blinking or flashing, and never went out completely. I was just a moderate pulsation. I don't remember the exact pattern, but it seemed deliberate. It did this for 10 seconds or so. The light then got very small over a span of about 3-4 seconds, like you put a flashlight up to the wall. It stayed that way for another 3 seconds. Then it was gone. About 2-3 seconds after it was gone, two more identical lights appeared on our right, about 1/2 mile away. Honestly, It was as if it was teleporting, or communicating with the other UFOs.

This went on for about 30 minutes. We would see similar lights. They would disappear, and one or two others would appear anywhere from 1-4 miles away. The first one seemed to control all of the others we saw. As if it was "directing traffic." Once we got closer to the city, it all stopped.

My wife took pictures and videos the duration of the event. None of the pics or videos I looked at on the computer showed anything definitive. The pictures just look like lights. And the videos were too blurry to show much of anything. If I find anything worth while, I'll post it.

When we first saw them, we were roughly an hour and a half from the airport. But these weren't passenger planes or anything that would have been flown in and out of there. And they were entirely too low to be that far from the airport. There were no navigation lights, or any other kind of light for that matter. "Orbs" is the best way I could describe them, although I kind of dislike that word due to it being so overused.

There is also an Air Force base somewhat close to that area. But that was some pretty wild stuff we were witnessing. And they aren't the type of base to do anything experimental. They're not too secretive or closed off. Their airfields are even used for civilian aircraft. en.wikipedia.org...

Possibly the most intriguing part (for me, at least) is that this happened exactly 3 months after my first UFO sighting. It was on Nov. 13. This occurred on Feb. 13.

Interestingly, these sightings occurred in the area of one of the most well-known and documented UFO sightings in the midwest. This 5-part video covers that pretty well. www.youtube.com...
edit on 20-2-2013 by Geetface because: edit

edit on 20-2-2013 by Geetface because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Geetface

Do there exists any footage of these "orbs"
I skimmed through the video you linked.. did not find any footage

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Spacespider

The orbs I saw are different from what's described in the video. Sorry for the confusion. It's just an interesting video that happened to be in the same area I was in.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   

I live in the St. Louis area. Based on the geography you were describing, and the Air Force base, I think you were maybe an hour east, or southeast of downtown St. Louis. Southern Illinois.

There have been a number of curious sightings in this area. There was a thread a few months back, maybe sept or oct, mentioning orbs or even cubes of multi-colored lights.

Triangles are also need in this area, but they may well be military.

You are not alone. Not of us are.

edit on 20-2-2013 by Jchristopher5 because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-2-2013 by Jchristopher5 because: Directional correction.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   

S&F. Did the orbs appear translucent or otherwise?

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
The pulsating--not blinking "orb"--I know it well. Not that I've seen it more than once, but when I and others did that night, up close and personal, it left me with lifelong questions. I know what it wasn't. Turns out that the basics of what you describe have been described--literally--for millennia.

Nicely-written, well-thought out account. When I have a little more sit-down time this evening, I'll dig you up some links that I think you'll find interesting.

There is, of course, the possibility that they are some form of naturally occurring plasma phenomenon, but most of those that have had a good view generally come away feeling that they are either alive and/or intelligently controlled with some kind of plasma basis. Hard to say, of course, what they are, but sounds like you've joined a fairly privileged club.

Thanks for sharing. The best accounts, in my book, never come with video but instead, like yours, have the ring of truth tempered by a mind willing to find and accept any answer that makes some sense--mundane or otherwise--and yet can find no easy one. Back in a bit.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Here's my account I've posted elsewhere. The link below my account is a good place to start

I was 14 and on a 5-day camp-out with about 20 other Boy Scouts in the foothills of Lookout Mtn in Alabama 20+ years ago. 4 of the 5 days were spent in a relatively safe & easygoing pasture of a scout-friendly citizen. We had some badge classes and spent a lot of our leisure time in fierce competitions of mumblety-peg.

But one night we went to camp in the "mountains," better described as large foothills. After dinner we broke off in pairs and cliques and explored the various trails leading to the top which I estimate to be around 600 ft and situated among many foothills of similar size.

Two scouts had remained at the top longer than the rest of us and it was rather late in the evening when I and a friend were meandering a trail and talking near the top when the two scouts up top called down to us in very excited voices to come up that they had just seen a ufo. We scrambled up to the top and the two scouts indicated an adjacent and taller mount and said they saw a big glowing orange ufo land there.

I was skeptical, but was intrigued by how excited they were, cutting each other off in their zealousness to describe what they saw. We settled in and continued talking all the while steadily looking at the adjacent mount top.

Maybe 20 minutes passed when there appeared a brilliant double-flash that emanated from and illuminated the top of the peak, a second of darkness, and then maybe 100 ft over the tree tops "it" pulsed into life. Perspective wise, I would say it was about high-moon size in appearance.

At full pulse it looked like liquid metal or 'plasma' swirling around inside. Then it would dim at about the same speed it lit. It would dim to nothing. We couldn't see anything and then a good bit higher in the sky it would pulse to light again a few seconds later. Not counting the double-flash of the apparent lift-off it lit and dimmed 6 times, each time higher in the sky and after the 6th nothing. We watched for a long time, but that amazing glimpse was over but for the heavy-duty questions it raised in me.

It was a clear night and a clear phenomena of some kind. I was an Air Force brat that never missed a Blue Angels show or an opportunity to witness various test-flights. I knew it wasn't flares and it doesn't fit with any description of ball lightning that I've come across. Conventional craft was out of the question because of characteristics and size.

Even at that age, I knew what we saw couldn't be easily explained. Since the internet came along, I've searched for folk who have seen the same thing and have now found quite a few.

It's too bad that chinese lanterns do cloud the issue up to a degree. Good thread, OP...I know there are others here at ATS that have seen what seems to be the same phenomenon.

Fire in the sky - The Orange UFO Mystery

AND:

ATS member Easynow's most excellent thread on one of the most prolific ufological phenomenon ever recorded as well as some fairly scientific study thereof. I think, whatever this particular phenomena is, it's definitely related.

The Yakima UFO Sightings
edit on 20-2-2013 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Just a FEW accounts of many very similar ones found in Dr. Jacques Valle's Chris Aubeck's Wonders in the Sky: Unexplained Aerial Objects from Antiquity to Modern Times

Hawaii, Pacific Aug 12 1825

English naturalist Andrew Bloxam and others saw a large red luminous object rise, illuminating everything. It fell out of sight, rose and fell again: "About half past 3 o'clock this morning the middle watch on deck was astonished to find everything around them suddenly illuminated.

"Turning their eyes eastward they beheld a large, round, luminous body rising up about 7 degrees apparently from the water to the clouds, and falling again out of sight, and a second time rising and falling: it was the color of a red-hot [cannon] shot and appeared about the size of the Sun…It gave so great a light that a pin might be picked up on deck."

Hamburg, Germany Dec 15, 1547

Historian Simon Goulart…writes that on that day the sailors who were aboard ships in the harbor of Hamburg saw in the air, at midnight, a glistening globe as fiery as the Sun. It rolled towards the north, emitting much heat…

Paris, France Feb 1382

Before the Maillets uprising, a fiery flashing globe was seen for a period of eight days, "roaming from door to door above the city of Paris, without there being any wind agitation nor lightning or noise of thunder, and on the contrary, the weather never ceased to be serene.

Iena, Germany 13 Jun, 1554

A large number of spheres and disks flew over the city of Iena. They had sudden variations of speed and turned to a red color as they flew north.

Prague, Czechoslovakia 1619

The inhabitants of the village…[and] the village Priest was with them about 10 pm…looking up at the sky he could see a globe that resembled the moon, but fiery. It divided into two parts, and one of the parts divided into four smaller globes. (As the villagers and the Priest watched the globes would fade out gradually and then after a little bit some of the globes would pulse back into visibility.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Jchristopher5

Yes, we were southeast of St. Louis, coming into town on 64W. The last lights we saw were in O'Fallon, almost to where you would pass Fairview Heights on 64W. It was like a show they were putting on. It started, and ended, with just that one light. It was like the "mother orb."
The display went on for a while, then abruptly stopped...amazing stuff.

I'm going over all of the video now. If I find anything of interest, I will post it. It's all very blurry so far though. The pictures stink. They just show a big light hanging low in the sky.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Jaellma

It's difficult to say. When the "main" one was pulsating, it almost looked translucent.

Thanks so much for the info, GUT. I'll be sure to check out the links.
edit on 20-2-2013 by Geetface because: made addition

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   
That's an amazing story, GUT. I can't imagine such an experience at that young of an age.

I've gone through the videos. Most are of no interest. But my wife did manage to capture the "main" orb pulsating as I described. It's blurry and extremely nondescript, but I can post it if others are interested. I'll have to edit it to cut the time down, so I'll try to get it up tomorrow.

After a bit of searching, it does appear that there have been several unusual sightings in that area, in the past couple of years especially.
edit on 21-2-2013 by Geetface because: added comment

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Sounds interesting. Thanks for sharing.

Star and flag.

-SAP-

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Here's the only video that shows much of anything. It's quite blurry and of low quality (which is at least consistent with UFO footage!), but perhaps someone has seen something similar and may offer some insight. This is the first light we saw, and it's the one I refer to as the "mother orb", that seemed to direct traffic between the other orbs. Or perhaps it was the one that was teleporting itself. It appeared that way, but It's difficult to say definitively. It was the biggest/brightest, and was stationary. So, it was the only one to show up very well in the videos. Nevertheless, you can easily see one of the pulsating patterns it was cycling through.

Whatever was going on that evening was an amazing sight. The video doesn't do any of it justice by any means. But it's all we have to show. So if you're interested, here it is...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Wouldn't it be easier for them to go invisible, and just move very swiftly to another spot, then re-appear right there. I think teleportation would require a bigger machine.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Specimen

Indeed our story has a bigger machine that we saw up-close and did seem to tele-port:

About three years ago my wife and I were driving West on I-64 in Southern Indiana just across the river from Louisville, Kentucky. There had been a very strong thunder storm with a lot of rain but the rain had just about stopped and on the Indiana side the sky was curiously clear.

We had just entered a section of the Interstate that was under construction and there was only one narrow lane to drive in with not enough room to pull over (sound similar?)

Suddenly I saw a black colored UFO with no shine on the South side of the freeway about 200ft. in the air at about the 10 O'clock position and it was hovering with a bit of a wobble while rotating with a small red light going around it. Visibility was not bad but it was late night. Flashes of lightning from a distance provided enough light to get occasional glimpses of it.

I don't think there was any sound - just a swishing sound but that could have been my tires on the wet road. The bottom of the craft had something like numerous diamond shaped window panels on the bottom and a very bright halogen blue light shining from the panels. Just before it went over the car I saw a ribbed - tapered black pole that curves over the top of the craft and possibly one coming up from other side which I couldn't see. They didn't connect though but there was a gap about 2 feet? between them.

I asked my wife "What IS That?" She had to reposition herself slightly because I was driving and she was in the passenger seat. After a few seconds it traveled slowly to the North side of I-64 and even though it was still sprinkling rain she stuck her head out the window to get a better view of it. At that point I could not see it because it was about 2 O'clock high.

It was there just a few seconds and then it went back to the South side and I could see it better now. It slowly enveloped itself with water vapor? and disappeared and then reappeared in a cloud of vapor in the direction we were traveling and seemed also clone itself with 6 other craft evenly spaced following us down the Interstate. They or it followed us for around 20 minutes.

When we got to the Illinois state line we were both totally exhausted and slept (or tried to) in the car at the rest stop for a few hours.

We had a cell phone but no camera and the phone didn't have a camera in it (darn-it). We have mentioned this only to a very few friends and I have been back there but no other sightings.

MUFON sightings in Indiana exist but none like ours. I have started to report this to MUFON but for some reason when I did it would not forward and the report disappeared.

Strange story but true. Both of us saw it!

edit on 24-2-2013 by wevebeenassimilated because: typo

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by wevebeenassimilated

I don't doubt your story at all, plus with the settings you two were in must of made it bit more scary. Btw, did it look it had a triangular shape to it, but was some what of a cylinder with a tip at the bottom? The pic below should give it a good idea of it shape, all other details, wouldn't know.

The one I saw was completely black from my view, and I didn't recall any lights coming from it. Plus it was daytime in the summer, and sunset wasn't for a few hours. I was on break at the back of work when I did.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   

I just checked with my wife and from her view she says it kind of resembled a cling-on war bird. I have a drawing of it I can scan into the computer and post it. I didn't draw the ribbed tapered pole objects that curved up and over the craft, however, because my artistic skills are not that good. I'll try and get it scanned it.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   

I just looked at a picture of a cling on war bird and it was like that only upside down and without the part sticking out the front. More like a saucer shaped vessel with the square but tapered poles curving up to the top.

Scanning the drawing in now.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Iv seen the orange orb ufo's. 2 in one night.

I couldn't tell weather or not the light was attached to a bigger object because it was night and the light was all I could look at and to be honest it did just look like a moving ball of light. I just stood still and watched one pass right over my head and on the same journy home only a short walk I saw the other one moving faster in what looked like it was heading in the same direction but coming from a slighty diffenant angle across the sky from the first one and moving a little faster too.

The one thing I wish is that they wasn't the amber orange colour. Because only I know that it wasn't a chinese lantern and if I tell anyone the first thing they say is it was probably a chinese lantern. Like I lack the basic understanding of motion and scale, Its quite insulting when people say chinese lantern to be honest so I just don't talk about it away from these forums.
edit on 24-2-2013 by ThePeopleParty because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join