It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The sad truth about the future. Please Read.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Skada

I love doing my morning jogs
it relaxes me

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by misscurious
The human body is an amazingly resilient machine, and it is capable of self repair. I I think we will evolve to become imune to these modern day poisons and it will in fact make the human body stronger. It's more worrying that we are to clean in modern life and people especially children are not building a strong immune system. [/quote
That is true over the long term, but today we are being exposed to new harmful chemicals all the time. We are constantly being attacked since birth with all kinds of toxins, chemicals and so on.
All kinds of chronic diseases are now skyrocketing in the younger generations and who knows how the younger generations will be when they reach 50s if they will even get that old without dying from cancer.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012
reply to post by truthinfact

An entire generation of elderly obese people moving into nursing homes at ALARMINGLY young ages.

I'm sorry, are you saying that TPTB are forcing obese people to shovel the vast amounts of food into their body? Or that they are forcing parents to reward "good" behaviour in children with candy/treats? Everyone should take responsibility for themselves and their own children. Obese people should start caring about themselves.

Why do you keep parroting that myth?? Yes there are obese people out there that are fat because they are lazy and eat unhealthy, but now it turns out that large parts of the obesity epidemic is caused by chemicals that they or their parents were exposed to. These chemicals causes changes that are even hereditary which means that it gets worse with each generation.
I wonder why even in countries where people now eat more healthy they are now getting more obese.

example of chemicals that cause obesity: www.sciencedaily.com...

Jet Fuel, Plastics Exposures Cause Disease in Later Generations; Reproductive Diseases, Obesity Jan. 24, 2013 — Washington State University researchers have lengthened their list of environmental toxicants that can negatively affect as many as three generations of an exposed animal's offspring.

But I guess they can blame themselves for this?

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by juleol

Interesting 'facts'. I can show you another chemical that makes peple obese, it's called saturated fat.
I can also show you a number of professionals that say the holocaust never happened, or that smoking is not hazardous at all.

To me, this is victim-mentality.

I was quite overweight when I was younger, but I pulled myself together and lost 16 kilo's, thats 35lbs for those of you who are to lazy to even look that up.

No matter what 'chemical' you have been subjected to, you can always beat it.

Ever seen an obese person jogging? Without their rascal, I mean?

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by heyitsok

Survival of the fittest unfortunately, call me crazy but i have been exercising in the case that SHTF. You should always be able to outrun the person next to you.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredWreck
reply to post by heyitsok

Survival of the fittest unfortunately, call me crazy but i have been exercising in the case that SHTF. You should always be able to outrun the person next to you.

Well put. It's like that saying, you dont have to outrun the dog, just the person next to you.

Should'nt be too hard in America.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

How about looking at it from another angle..

How about the TPTB are driving up food cost "forcing" people to eat crappy food out of necessity in order to survive in the system. I know they are not sitting there shoveling food into these peoples mouth but with the cost of food rising a simple way and most common way for most people is to start eating the "cheaper" food which is usually the worse.

I think it is even deeper than what I wrote..

IMHO fat a$$ lazy people don't fight the system typically and they are so worried about their own health issues they don't have time to pay attention to what the TPTB are doing.

I know everyone wants to always place the blame on the person but they know what they are doing and it is being done on purpose.

The system we have set up will always exploit a group and that group changes as the agenda needs it to change.

The only way the dumb system works is to have the haves and have nots.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Don't eat food like substances.

Filter your water.

Don't take pharmaceuticals.

I'm 30 and look maybe 24.

Super easy, people. Get with it.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Maybe this list of GMO's has something to do with it. Couple that with vaccines and no physical activity and what do we get?

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by knowledgedesired
reply to post by superman2012

How about looking at it from another angle..

How about the TPTB are driving up food cost "forcing" people to eat crappy food out of necessity in order to survive in the system.

You do strike on something here, but it is way cheaper to buy the ingredients and make whatever yourself.

The problem is, in my opinion, that people simply do not know how to cook good and healthy food. They'd just rather spend twice or even thrice the cost of the groceries, instead of cooking it themselves. Could be laziness, could be stupidity. It could even be ignorance. Who knows?

edit on 21-2-2013 by Fjernt because: Typed like an american..

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Fjernt

Could be laziness, could be stupidity. It could even be ignorance. Who knows?

Since this is a conspiracy site let's take it one step further...

We know that everything we do, say, taste etc.. triggers chemical releases in our cells.
These chemicals can be addidictive becasue they trigger emotions and dependancy.

What if all the CRAP being added to our food is causing us to be addicted to them and they are being addded to foods that cause us to be unhealthy and or fat. I can't prove it myself but that is what I think is happening.

We are all "addicts" to our own chemcial releases and it is simple as providing the ones you want people to take. This same statement applies to everything in our life not just food.

WE ARE BEING MANIPULATED!!!
edit on 21-2-2013 by knowledgedesired because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by knowledgedesired

Very, very nice! But then ofcourse, people get addicted to drama, adrenalin, and even sadness. Do we blame sad movies for this? Do we blame actionsports? Do we blame social interactions?

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
to be honest, in the middle ages you could be lucky to reach 40, 80 is luxe, i'm happy with 60

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
The only way this scenario could play out is if a mechanism was in place to pay these investors for people placed in nursing homes. That ain't gonna happen. Smart money is betting that the economy (as in world economy) is going to hit a wall in the next few years. We're already seeing the currency and trade wars that are precursors to that eventuality. Once it happens, there will be a meltdown of the job market and helath insurance, Obamacare or not, will be doomed. There will simply be no way to pay for the care of large numbers of people as layed out in your scenario. Additionally, with the weakened economy, sweeping unemployment and inflation/hyperinflation people will be on a forced diet as food becomes expensive and scarce. That, my friend, is the real sad truth about the future.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Obviously there are loads of factors that play into people's health problems -- and everybody here makes great points.

But the elephant that always seems to be in the room whenever I hear an obese person talk about not being able to lose weight is this one: babies aren't born obese. At some point, either because their parents overfed and underexercised them, or because they packed on pounds later on, they BECAME fat.

And that's the key event that that person needs to reverse.

For many women, the metabolic changes associated with pregnancy REALLY knock them down. Not all women have this problem, but many, many do -- the first baby and first pregnancy comes along, and after that your body is just really, really different. If you used to just eat a little bit less each day to drop five pounds a week or whatever, now your body isn't letting you do this. Then you have all the pregnancy weight itself to lose. And you also have a new baby to take care of - a 24/7 job that lasts at least 18 years, longer if your kid is one out of 88 and possibly on the severe autistic spectrum or is born with other disabilities, meaning that your kid will never leave home or live independently from you.

So for some women, learning just what they need to do now to keep their bodies healthy and slim is very difficult after pregnancy.

So they have to work to reverse that key event that hit their body so hard and wrecked their youthful metabolism; that takes a lot of effort. Men don't understand this, usually, because they might only notice the women who don't have problems after pregnancy; but there are huge numbers of women whose metabolism really changes after the first pregnancy. I knew one woman whom everybody praised because she managed to stay so slim after her first pregnancy. What people didn't know is she was limiting herself to 500 calories a day to keep that figure; that's starvation level eating. And she could no longer eat a normal 1100 calories a day like she could before she had the baby; her body's metabolism was just DONE post-baby.

Anyway, there is usually a specific time in a person's life when the weight gain happened; working to reverse that is critical to dropping the weight and regaining health. And it's very hard work for people.

But again, babies aren't born morbidly obese! So owning up to the fact that there was a time when bad habits or your parents' overfeeding you messed up your health is very important; then you need to reverse that process as best you can. Losing 35 pounds is nothing like what people are facing when they reach a point where they're 200 pounds overweight; these are EXTREME situations, and people need to take ownership over their bodies and stop acting like the fat was just delivered by the Tooth Fairy or something and they're just a "victim" of their fatness. No, you're a co-conspirator; you did something to get fat.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Currently, the life expectancy of the average American is 79 years. It has been increasing for decades. In Colonial America, the life expectancy was 25 years.

Poisoning the population, my ass. Some people die younger than others. Some are born preconditioned to an early grave. Some make choices that lead to that early grave. The population as a whole, however, is living longer and longer. For all of the "poisoning" going on, they sure are not getting it right!

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Lol

drunken threads FTW

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienDNA
Lol

drunken threads FTW

I don't remember writing this thread but I agree with myself.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I went out to dinner last night for the first time in four months. Yes, four months. I've been cooking healthy at home and saving my money. I ordered something I thought would be smaller portioned, but then they brought out our plates of food and I couldn't believe how much they served us. I made a comment to the waitress that I didn't think I could finish even half of my food and she said "Don't worry, we can get you a take out box, but most people who come in here clean their plates." and laughed.

I don't care how much a person wants to eat, that's their business. I'm just blown away by the amount of food that was served to us. I take in around 1,200 - 1,600 calories per day. This plate of food had to have been triple my intake for the day. And people wonder why we have so many problems with obesity in our country.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by LipstickMystic

I've read different blogs online which support being fat, and most of the women who comment there are ferociously defending their being fat by saying "So what if I'm 300lbs? I run, swim, do yoga, and don't have high blood pressure".

I'm sorry, I don't care if you are 300lbs and eat lettuce and fruit every single day. 300 lbs is not healthy, and that's too much weight for the skeleton and internal organs to carry.

There are actual groups of people who support an obesity lifestyle and I find that scary.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join