It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Odd Attraction

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Nice to see you again Jack! Wow shattering glass sounds scary for sure. Sometimes, depending on the type of spirit involved, you can simply demand that it leave. Tell them that this is your house now, that they have passed away and to look for the light. This has worked for some people, but not all.

Keep us posted.

posted on May, 11 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by slapjacks

I've never heard of people talk about physical noises and when I say physical I mean that I heard glass shatter and hit the floor... It freaked me out and yeah, I guess with all the other stuff that has happened that I've mentioned in this thread I've kind of tried to just shrug off. Not this though.

I have had a few experiences with those kinds of noises. I've heard what sounded like furniture dragging in the room below mine and nobody else was in the house, they were about 200 miles away.

I have heard the phone ring and what I thought was a message that was left and no message was left. I heard it I couldn't make it out but I heard the mumbles of it.

Voices from the same room under mine, I couldn't make out what they were saying but could hear them

I have also heard a radio turn itself on and turn itself up to a pretty high level.

then atleast once my dad and I have both heard something fall actually in the bathroom and he asked me what it was and I was like I have no idea and went in to look and nothing at all fell.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Well since that night nothing has happened. I'll be back later to post when I'm coherent enough too because I'll be in and out of the hospital the next few weeks... Take care ATS buddies talk to you all soon! hopefully!

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by slapjacks

Ok, be well! And please make a thread about your UFO experiences if you get the time... I'm glad nothing more has happened lately, but be ready for the unexpected anyway.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Alright, I'm back! It's been a while since I've been back to ATS, I'm glad I'm back its been too long.

Anyways, I've got more to contribute to this thread on some of the more recent experiences I've had in the house.

It's been a while so this may be rather lengthy..

First off, other people have experienced "weird things" in my house now which wasn't the case before. I'll get into that later in my post, I want to keep things in the order that they've happened.

All activity within the basement has ceased and has been extremely calm. Which is good and all, only thing is it seems as if the "weirdness" has just moved around the house. Earlier in this thread I posted a photo of the stairway I believe, so that's where I'm going to shift my focus. A few months back ( in August ) I hired a new guy at my work and we shared a lot of common interests, he didn't have a vehicle so I ultimately ended up giving him a ride home from work everyday.. We started hanging out more at my house, playing video games, going fishing or what have you. We were always doing something because neither one of us could wait to be off work.... I had invited him over one weekend because I was cooking food and having some beers so I figured I'd forward the invite to him. He came over and brought his son with him which at the time Carter (his son) was three.

We had a few beers and some really good food, I turned on my PlayStation so Carter could play because we could tell he wasn't having near as much fun as we were.. He played for a little while and ended up getting side tracked and just went wondering around the house... Carter later came to us and said "who is up stairs?" I replied "no one" he said he thought he heard somebody up there. I passed it off... I'd been drinking a little bit and I know I didn't hear anything..

Later in the evening, after we got done eating dinner my buddy and his son headed home... It wasn't until then when I was alone in there that I thought I heard something. I could have sworn I heard somebody either walking up, or down the stairs. My stairs are carpet but the original stairs are hard wood, which is whats under the carpet. The only way I was able to distinguish that they were footsteps is because certain stairs creek when pressure is applied to them (foot steps). I heard three of my stairs creek and that really kind of freaked me out, for a moment I really thought their was someone walking down, or up my stairs. Now, these "foot steps" have been rather residual, I hear them almost every night. So it's really something that doesn't bother me anymore.

Their is a center wall that divides my living room from the stairway, so no matter where you are sitting on my couch you can only see maybe the first two steps of the stairs. So their is no type of visual aspect to the occurrences..
(if anybody would like, I can take a picture that way you can see how the angles are)

So, that was the first "new" experience. I've got one more though, one that I didn't experience..

About a month later I had a big cookout, I mean big. I flew one of my life long friends into town from Texas. I had maybe 35-40 people show up (which was extremely overwhelming) Everybody had a great time it was a lot of fun. By the time everybody was leaving I could hardly stand, I threw my buddy a blanket and pillow so he could go to sleep (he was staying with me for 3 days)

I woke up the next morning and my buddy asked me if I was sleepwalking, I said more than likely not. For one, I've never been known to sleep walk, and two, I could hardly stand

He said he thought heard me walking around upstairs as well as up and down the stairs. He wasn't aware of the "foot steps" I'd been hearing. He did know about the other experiences I've had in the house though. That was that for the weekend. the next day I took him back to the airport and we went on our separate ways.. My buddy called me the next day after he had already been home and he told me that he had set a recorder on his phone the night after he thought he heard me walking around in the middle of night. He told me that he was listening to it and at some point in the middle of the night he told me he could hear someone walking down the stairs and approach him as he was sleeping. He also stated that he could hear someone humming/moaning and possibly breathing into the recorder... I'd like to believe it and I'm definitely not disowning his claim, but I never heard the recording, and rather ironically the iPhone he used to record it had allegedly broke..

What do you think?

This is all I'll be posting for now, I've got some stuff to get done today.. I'll be back and it won't be months later

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Very interesting. You sure have been gone awhile friend! That's ok. Life happens.

Idk what to think about the footsteps and your friends recording of it. It sounds so creepy. I sure would be creeped out at least.
Ever thought of maybe getting your house blessed? Or something of the sort. Maybe that spirit is stuck there for some reason and is wandering the halls and needs to move on but doesn't know how to.. Oh who knows.. Just my thoughts.

edit on 26-1-2014 by natalia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Whoa....wonder if anything on the iphone is recoverable? Just because the phone isn't working doesn't mean he can't recover some of the media on it. Ask him to check into that to see if he can.

On another note....you find out any more history on that house being part of the underground railroad or start digging through the walls yet. I seriously think you may find a tunnel there if you do.

This was one of my favorite stories on ATS.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by natalia

I thought about doing that but then again it's not a bad vibe I get from "it" But for the sake of anything that may be in there, maybes that's not a bad idea! I'll keep that in mind Nat!

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

Hey Vasa! Unfortunately my buddy is very technologically impaired. I'm going to try and do exactly what he did though, through the recorder on my phone and sleep on the couch!

I still have yet to find anything about the railroad running through there, I just haven't been pursuing that hard enough though.

The WALLS! haha nah man, I really wish I could tear one of the walls down, I'm just not sure how sound the infrastructure is. I have considered drilling through a portion of the wall with diamond bit hammer drill. From there i"d be able to tell if something had been back there before (I've got some fiber optics equipment that can take care of that for me)

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   
If you feel uneasy in the house I'd get it smudged, otherwise try just talking to the entity, laying down some rules about what it can and can't do. I'd say bothering guests is a definite no

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Okay. You have me hooked. I love the house! I can feel it's personality.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I have read this entire thread in the past couple days, very interesting! I'd try get a decent medium in there, I think if it were something to worry about you would know about it by now so atleast you know whatever it is isnt out to harm you still really creepy though.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 07:46 AM
link   
i have skipped a few pages to see if things were still going on. use a phones recorder but don't use these ghost apps they have. put one up stairs in a room or on the stairs and one as you said next to you, don't speak to 'it' yet, then you can just 'see' what sort of noises there are, you can download wavepad (its free) so you can upload it to computer and use that to listen to the recordings and you can amplify it aswell. then if you want to speak to it, give it a try, introduce yourself and say you mean it no harm, what does it want, that type of thing but leave like 10 second gaps between each question to give it time to reply. i'l be interested to hear the results.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   

H1ght3chHippie
Tear that darn thing to the ground, chop it to pieces with an axe, burn the pieces and pour the ashes into a river.

Only thing that will defeat the notorious poltershed entity.

I TOTALLY DISAGREE THIS ,mY OTHER HALF WAS EXPERIENCING THINGS IN OUR HOUSE RIGHT AFTER WE BAUGHT IT.I think may the work you have done has stirred up some things .You may want a reading on your property .And some advise from someone else.I would take caution in becoming to comfortable.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   
read it all now, theres a lady called woodwytch on ATS i hope she finds this or you pm her, this sounds right up her street, send her the link to this thread she might be able to explain things. i really look forward to reading more.

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Here goes my recapping of what I've gathered so far:

-Home with ~1850's provenience in area with Civil War and somewhat along escaped slave route
-Shed with door that locks from inside made of re-purposed lumber in basement
-Growling noises that can be heard throughout house
-House had been chopped/renovated countless times over the last 150 years
-Apparitions, noises and inanimate objects moving

First, almost no home in the 1850's had a 'basement', let alone an old farmhouse and especially one in your location. Per the story and the print that Vasa posted, you are very near the river bottoms, thus near the water table; therefore the basement came later. I also notice that the wall with the soil pipe (poop pipe) it appears that your foundation is made of concrete block, but it looks like it is tied in to a poured concrete wall that was made with homemade forms (stacking dimensional lumber up & leaving a trough to pour concrete in to) which is an older technique, but doesn't date to the 1850s.

Definitely newer construction there.

Original foundations would of been stone; limestone, chunks of glacial granite (red roundish rocks, or possibly chiseled square), and MAYBE brick). You would also of had a crawl space. 1850's construction mean wood heat; pre-coal heat, so no need for a coal cellar. This place was cribbed and the basement dug out, with a series of foundation repairs over the years.

Most likely the poured wall failed due to hydraulic pressure due to the water table and that's why there is newer concrete block wall in its place.

All of this means that the red shed came along long after the late 1800's. There's even a concrete floor in the basement, including the red shed.

If anything, the research needs to revolve around the post-depression to the 1970's IMO, as that is where the majority of noticeable 'changes' happened.

Look at the floor. Look for OBVIOUS variations in the concrete; texture and color. More than one spouse has been entombed in concrete

edit on 28-1-2014 by Lipton because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   
BUMP

I recently decided it was time to invest a little more money into my house. So, i went ahead and ripped up all the carpeting down stairs to "re-do" the woods floor. Surprisingly they were in rather exceptional condition. The cool thing was, that in the living room there were three circular cut outs in the floor in three separate corners of the room measuring in at about a 3 inch radius. They were cover with three of the same old cigarette tin cases dated 1901. pretty cool to see something that old. I left them there in the floor to, I guess you could say, "show them off"

I don't have any pictures of them at the moment, but if anyone would like to see them I can get pictures and post them.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: slapjacks

I just read this thread the whole way through. What do you make of Lipton's post above yours? Any oddities in the concrete floor of the basement?

It's been a long time now, how is your family doing? Are they liking the house or spooked or has that settled down now?

Did your elderly next door neighbor ever tell you anything more about the previous occupants of your house and anything they might have said about living there?

Of course your photos would be welcome. Even if the house were ordinary with no story behind it, it's lovely and the details in the woodwork are worth looking at. I have been away from this forum for a little over a year myself. It's not as active as I remember it being. But I think Vasa Croe is still around on other threads.

I hope all is well. I would guess so, if you invested more money into the house.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

The shed is called a fruit cellar. Used to store dry goods during those times. We had one in our basement.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join