It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Odd Attraction

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by slapjacks
reply to post by Vasa Croe

I don't think it was a room just considering the size of the door, I have to duck and watch my head when I walk into there because the door is only about 5 feet tall
edit on 21-2-2013 by slapjacks because: (no reason given)

Remember tho, we have all 'grown' alot in the last few hundred years. People in the past were ALOT shorter, due to nutrition..

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   
What a great thread!

Thank you for sharing it with us, OP. S&F

I agree that it sounds like you have been/lived in the house in a past life. I haven't read through the entire thread yet, but I saw where that had been suggested.

Would you consider doing a past-life regression through hypnosis to see if any important memories come back concerning this place? You may find the significance of the shed, and why you are drawn to it.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Maybe I cat died in the shed and its ghost its haunting the house
If you believe in those things
Just a thought

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by slapjacks

why was there a huge shed in your basement?

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   
greetings op. I'm quite enjoying your endeavours and wanted to let you know what I thought. your camera seems to take decent pictures with low pixel distortion. on the first picture of the front of your house I checked all the windows and bushes for the typical creepy movie photo bomb ghost in the window. the only two anomalies I seen were you the picture taker you seem quite tall lucky son of a gun. and the second was minor distortion in the top right window. doesn't look like much just a slight blur in the corner of the window that's visible.

but now to the pictures of the "shed" 2 of the first images you posted of it there was quite the amount of distortion yet the others there wasn't. it was nowhere near the colors of the lighting or paint. its pretty weird but could be tied to something if there truly is a history in that house. the lock on the inside of the door is quite the oddity but maybe it was used as a safe room or something of the like before. tornado shelter possibly? I haven't the slightest but hopefully somebody can give you a better explanation.

the picture of the cave you sent for some reason all I could think when I seen it was I've been here before. I'm quite sure I haven't in my current lifetime. but being mixed it makes me wonder if distant family has been there before. I was overwhelmed with a sense of anxiety yet comfort which is odd. I'm not one for emotion. I look forward to hearing more about this and maybe try an emf detector if you can get your hands on a cheapie. if theirs poorly insulated wires in there or alot of power that runs through or around it that could explain the whole thing fairly well. emf (electromagnetic fields) can give your brain one helluva short circuit and cause all kinds of crazy hallucinations including auditory visual and touch. sleep next to an extension cord with alotta juice runnin through it you'll see what I mean. sorry for the long winded response but I like to help. hopefully this atleast helps geet the wheels turnin for ya.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by bottleslingguy

I have no clue... That's what we've been discussing throughout this thread.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Mindless1980

Yeah, that'd be pretty to neat to have that done... As long as it was some I could trust to not manipulate my memory.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ChehystPewpur

"Real recognize real" I'm very analytical and will never be one to judge off of a first impression. With that said, anything with everyone's theory is possible... Although their are a few more I'm leaning towards.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 05:24 AM
link   

I was kinda joking sorry

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Any news on the recording front? Or did you just do it that one night?

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by natalia

Very interesting friend.

It almost sounds like a movie.

You being drawn to the shed sounds like a movie as well...and I can't remember the name of course...my brain just doesn't work well sometimes at all...

So yes indeed get up to the attic...see what treasures may lie in wait up there.

Your house is very nice, can't wait to see more pics

-nat the mellow cat-

I bet you're thinking of the movie Stir Of Echoes, with Kevin Bacon
I have a relationship of my own with that movie... I shoplifted it once when I was young and out of control XD

Op: I wonder if someone "took care of" the records... In the mafia sense... So as not to leave a blemish on the pages of history... It happens a lot.

I can tell you one thing, from what you've described, combined with my knowledge of the movie Stir Of Echoes... whatever happened there...it WANTS to be discovered. Oh yes... It has chosen you to bring whatever secrets it holds out into the light.

I would try to contact any and all former owners, as well as your neighbors and any elderly people in the area. They don't have to be close neighbors either. There could be an old lady across town who knows... So maybe check out the bingo halls, assisted living centers, and maybe churches. One thing for sure, old people LOVE visitors and love to tell stories of the old days... If anything you could meet some interesting people and learn some neat things about the areas history

I wish I could have such a fascinating adventure laid out before me XD Ah well... I guess ill just catch up on watching Continuum, the new episode is on tomorrow!
EEEEEE!!!! XD

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   

How many plants could you fit in that shed maby a cultervating room

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Fjernt

I've done it 3 nights now, the first 2 nothing came up. I still need to review the 3rd night.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by CMU1975

I guess it depends on what type of plants you're talking about? The shed is about 12x16

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Plants with a lock on the inside of the door? What the hell were they growing back then?
Sorry, I couldn't resist.
Now how about that attic of yours? Have you explored yet????

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Interesting stuff OP. I read every post in the thread. If what you are saying is true (and judging by the pictures you've posted, I'd say it is) it sounds like you have a classical haunting on your hands. Like other posters have mentioned, you really should get up into that crawl space. Or have your wife do it since you said that you have trouble fitting through the entrance.

A few quick questions. Have you started to hear footsteps in parts of the house that no one should be in (like above you)? Are electronic devices turning on and off despite no one being near them to operate them? Have you or your wife heard the growling anymore since you first posted this thread? Has the noise escalated to voices?

Have you talked to your wife about your suspicions? Maybe she can add some things that you haven't experienced. So many haunting experiences start by affecting the children or the woman in the house. I would also talk to your kid about his imaginary friend a bit more. I wouldn't interrogate him (don't want to terrorize the little guy), but try to get some information on what this imaginary friend is to the kid. Like is it an adult or another kid? Can the kid describe the friend with very real details? Ask what they do together. In the end it may all be innocent, but with all the other things you have been describing I wouldn't think nothing of it until you are sure.

I would try to refrain from vocalizing your experiences until you've heard your other family members' experiences first. Wouldn't want to put ideas in their head. Don't assume that nothing is happening to them if they don't mention anything though. Many people have these experiences and don't share them with anyone else because they think everyone else will think they are crazy.

Finally, good stuff so far with the history of the house. I really like the idea that your house possibly had some connection to the underground railroad during and right before civil war times. I can't really think of many needs to have a shed lock from the inside.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

I have not yet... I tried to get up there but couldn't get high enough because I don't have a ladder. ( the ceilings upstairs are like 10-11 feet).. I plan on just bring one home from work if not today then tomorrow.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

Well, I'll start by saying the past 2 days there has been an increase in activity.. I've heard the growl once since I started this thread, but that's the least of my concerns as of now. 2 nights I ago I was downstairs watching some TV and my lady was up stairs in our room doing something. I went up there to see if she'd like anything and we ended up getting side tracked and were sitting in the loft right outside of our bedroom talking. About a minute into the small talk there was a loud bang that came from inside our room.. It sounded like someone punched the door literally... That freaked her out and yeah, it was odd. So now last night same thing, i'm downstairs and she's upstairs in the bedroom. She called my name rather loud so I went up there and she says "was that you?" (it wasn't me) I asked what happened and she said I thought I was knocking on the bedroom door from the outside. like the sound of somebodies nails clicking on a wood table she said it was distinct and had a pattern...

As for footsteps... Possibly, when I was in the basement two nights ago I was walking up the stairs and felt like someone was walking up behind me. I turned and looked and saw nothing, so i proceeded to walk up the stairs and this time I thought I heard someone walking up behind me... I don't know if you know what I mean but it was like that gut instinct feeling that "hey you need to walk faster"

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Fascinating! Be careful of any stairs. You sometimes hear where ghosts try to push people down them.

Can't wait to hear more and see what you discover in the attic. You should keep notes and write a book on this. I'm already addicted to the story/experiences.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Perhaps you should try recording near your bedroom next. Take some photos and see if anything shows up.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join