It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Odd Attraction

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by slapjacks

Firstly.....I love your house. I have one in Ga, that was built around 1900....if you run out of things to do on that one, let me know! ...And, I definitely get the 'attraction' part!

Not sure if someone has already mentioned this....I have read most of the thread, but could have missed some details.... As to the scratches on the door....they look like saw marks to me, cross cut maybe. They are where one might expect saw marks to be, and seem fairly regular.....not at all like the marks my dog and cats have left on my doors.

Looks to me like the door and boards for the wall of your shed may have been 'repurposed'.....the red boards especially look like that to me. Probably painted red before they were put up....there doesn't seem to be any red paint on the unpainted ones, someone would have had to make extra effort to paint 'every other' board so carefully.

I certainly have 'saved' my old boards from the original siding to reuse.....that stuff is hard to 'buy off the shelf' now....and that famous 'yankee thrifty-ness', (use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without) may have contributed to someone's decision to re-use perfectly good materials....

edit on 31-3-2013 by frayed1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by frayed1

Yeah, I did mention very early on in the thread that it looked like rough sawn lumber to me as well. Nobody paid any attention to my comment though. I think that's what we're seeing as well.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by wtbengineer

Good deal!
Thought someone else might have noticed that it looked that way......I've seen quite a few lines like those on the rough cut exterior sheathing boards (those pre-plywood, wide planks installed at an angle across the framing) that are not often seen after the siding goes on....plus, my old house was more of a 'farm house' style, a 'dog trot' type with more rough edges than the op's house looks to have...

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Somehow I just knew there would be anomalies in the pics of the shed
We have many pictures like that and our house is visited from time to time by spirits. They mess with camera shots a lot I think.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by slapjacks
felt somewhat uncomfortable as I was taking pictures in the dark...

If that (rectangle on the wall) is a catch for a chimney flu,
you might want open and check it for any oddities as bats etc.

The shed doesn't bother me, it's the corner with the plumbing
that gives me the creeps.

edit on 31/3/13 by ToneDeaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by ToneDeaf

Yes that is a Chimney shoot acording to it position there was a chiminey that came up from there, straight through the center of the living room and straight through my closet upstairs... so It's not there anymore, just the remains of one.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Not sure if anyone was is going to see this, the thread has been dead for a while along with a lot of the activity.

Until last night.

I was watching game 5 of blackhawks and wild (go hawks!) and I thought I heard something in my kitchen. I walked in there and saw and heard and didn't even feel the slightest disturbance. So I walk back to the couch and finished eating the sandwich I had just made. Again, I thought I heard something coming from the kitchen and walked in there and still nothing... I thought maybe I was just being paranoid, so I walked back to the living room again. As soon as I sat down It sounded like someone, or something threw a glass vase at the wall and shattered... I heard the shatter of glass and it hit the floor, my lady even heard it even though she was upstairs.. This time I was very hesitant to just walk in there so I grabbed the closet blunt object to me (in fear that someone had just broke in through the back door) It sounds funny but I jumped into the kitchen with what I guess you called call a war cry and flipped the light switch on... Nothing, absolutely nothing. I went into the basement no glass, nothing broken, I looked at every window and glass object in the house and everything was fine... I've had a few good scares in this place now since we moved in, but this has been by far the scariest...

I've never heard of people talk about physical noises and when I say physical I mean that I heard glass shatter and hit the floor... It freaked me out and yeah, I guess with all the other stuff that has happened that I've mentioned in this thread I've kind of tried to just shrug off. Not this though.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Oooo.....blast from the past. Loved this thread. Got me all interested in researching the Underground Railroad in your area. I know it's not in line with what you just posted unless the thought is that maybe some of the people possibly involved in the RR died in the house.

Any chance you have checked into that with the local historians and whomever? I know from that map I posted a few pages back that your house was a lot larger farm at one point and the RR went through your town so this would not surprise me in the least.

Houses of historical significance tend to have a lot of really interesting stories that run with them and I would bet yours is one of those.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

Ya know, I tried. My next door neighbor is an elderly woman that is a researcher for the public library, and has been for quite sometime. I've talked to her a little bit about it and all she could come up with were dates after the 1950's

I wasn't surprised because I did what I thought was "extensive research" and found nothing. Her on the other hand said it was very odd, she said joking that "someone probably destroyed and documents" and chuckled. It got me thinking though, the infamous, "what if"

So I don't know I feel like I'll never truly know the history of the place unless I see it for myself, which I don't know if I want to. If you know what I mean.
edit on 10-5-2013 by slapjacks because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-5-2013 by slapjacks because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   

I'm glad to see you posting in this thread again, but sorry for your scare. I have heard of sounds like that with no apparent physical source. It's a lot like the growling, no visible source. I used to have things move around on their own, and footsteps above me in my bedroom while I sat downstairs watching TV walking around and around like a mob of people in there but no one else in the house. Stuff sometimes was in response to my thoughts too, that's scary.

As for the shattering glass, I can't think of a much worse sound to have interrupt your peace while you're relaxing. It seems something really wants to mess with you. That's my experience with this kind of stuff anyway, that they just want to mess with you/play with your head.
edit on 5/10/2013 by wtbengineer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Yeah I feel ya, But it has been so "dead" lately. no pun intended. But then out of no where BAM! it's back and from the sounds of last night a little more aggressive in nature.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   

That kind of stuff always escalates. It seems that it takes a long time to establish a foothold in a place but once it has it gets stronger and stronger. I don't want you to worry, but I would expect more.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   

I'm not worried about it escalating because I've already noticed that. My only fear is that you mention strength, Well how strong is strong, when it comes to situations like this?

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I am still going to roll with the "check behind the basement wall" thought. While the sounds and what you feel may be going on because of a "haunting" of sorts, the only real way to figure it out is to open that wall up....

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Well, I only have experience with one type of entity. I have no idea whether or not there are more than this, I can only speak about what I know. They are tricksters. Their playground is your mind. They can't really do much to effect your physical world, but while you're going through it it sure seems like they can. After all, your mind is everything isn't it?

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

Dude, I've put 25k + in upgrades, I cant just knock out the basement wall, but believe me I'd love too

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   

True. If you don't mind me asking What kind of entity were you dealing with?

You've mentioned briefly about a few experiences you've encountered, and i'm curious... Did they ever stop? How much did they escalate? I've got a million and one questions, because this is a unknown world to me.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   

I don't know what they are but my feeling is that they are behind most, if not all hauntings. Not just that, but most of the other phenomena that we see out of the corner of our eye or stuff you can't quite put your finger on. I don't know what they are, whether they are some scientists experimenting on us from another dimension that get their jollies making us crazy or whether they are spirits that inhabit our world, I just don't know. But I feel that the same thing, whatever it is, is responsible for all of it.

Off topic, have you ever seen a UFO? Lots of people that experience hauntings have. I have seen a thing in broad daylight in the sky that shouldn't have been there.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Oh man, don't get me started. lol yes. I've had two experiences. Haven't made a thread about it or anything, Been contemplating it for quite sometime though.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   

You should, I'd be happy to read about it. So I called that one, huh? Yeah, I think it's all related somehow.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join