It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

vampire sightings

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by pixie333

Hmm no I haven't practiced at all, But I'm kinda relieved to hear that I'm not the only one to have a strange experience in me dreams.

Did you friends ever really try to figure out why there dreams end up that way?

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I have been reading the vampire threads of late; I happen to find many of them very amusing. There are quite a few interesting stories regardless if they happen to be true or not.

Referring to the video mentioned not too far back, perhaps a posting of it somewhere could be in order. Its one thing to claim you have proof, and quite another to actually have it. It is a good thing to point out that, a video such as the one described, would be very close to irrefutable proof of something beyond a normal human. Saying you have it, yet not producing it for our scrutiny, as asked for by members previous to myself, would certainly destroy your credibility in my eyes.
Quite an amusing excuse, if very cliche indeed, such as "my dog ate it" could be considered as all others, just an excuse.
So I say again, please let us see it.

I have conversed with many people from around the world and have seen many of them talk to others, as well as myself, the way the one posting as "Raina" does. If my memory is not mistaken, then I can say with much certainty that English is not her native language. Otherwise, I will simply be brief and say if it is her native language, then she must be a retarded teenager.

It is always good to note that old habits die hard, as the saying goes, and this usually includes the language you use.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
okay, so i have been watching this site very closely, and this caught my attention.
i think its great peopel believe in vampires.
but the ones who claim they are vampires, well most do not prove it.
the give no facts and avoid questions.
but that is not why i am here.
im curious as to what its like..if they are evil or not.
if i stood right in front of one id probably just stare like the idiot i am, lol.
ive had experiences i believe are sightings, but then again, it could have just been some guy staring through my window.
i dont think that vampires are genetically evil tho.
just as some humans can be evil, i think vampires have their fare share too.
and if vampires exist, we could go never knowing because they blend in so well.
and dont argue people.
these are not facts.
im only driven by curiousity just like the rest of you.
but i do know that sometimes the human mind does not accept what's unknown or what it is not accustom to.
perhaps there was a time when vampires had a chance to be known and then just became a myth in time. idk.
but i wish i could find out.
so i would appreciate it if you contacted me if you know anything...or think you are..
either on here, or:

Admin Edit: Removed personal info.

[edit on Jul 27th 2009 by Djarums]

posted on Jul, 27 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
u merely are not evil if u think wat u are doing is but if u knowc wat ur doing is wrong then u r truely evil

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I have a story... kind of. it was a long time ago 14 years to be exact. I was camping in south western wisconsin with my family. it was on either a lake or a river can't remember which, i'm thinking a river cause the banks were close. but one night i was walking back from the bathroom and looked out over the water. just to see someone standing on the other side. now this would have been normal except the person's exposed skin contrasted the dark forest behind like the light of a fire at night. I can not say for sure about it but with reading on here it would follow some of the other stories. let me know what you think.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Clovis

well maybe it was a vampire.did that person disappear immediately or how did it continue?and was there anything else unusual abt that person?

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Sorry forgot to add that part yes. the person did disappear. I dont really know if anything else was unusual about them because i only saw them for a few short time. and since have had dreams that are like flashbacks to this but always get a little closer to the being in each successive dream. thats everything i know now.

posted on Aug, 9 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by pixie333
to the person with the dream of being choked.
have you ever practiced wicca?

I know of many people who have had dreams of being choked by a creature or a person that seems to be off in some way.

they have all practiced wicca and spell writing and I was just wondering if your dream would be linked to that.

I'm probably far to late to be posting about it.

It is about time someone asked that question.
What do wiccans believe?
I'm not asking for information, I'll tell you what i have heard: they believe that there are only neutral entities that should be appeased.
I ask you, why?
If an entity is coming up to you and choking you, intimidating you when you did NOTHING at all wrong, is that playful?
Is that neutral?

NO, it is not.

If you read back, there are some legends, or myths- whichever- that tie witches and demons to certain types of vampires.
It depended on where the tale came from.
In some areas a vampire was more like a malevolent ghost. Or just a ghost.
Then, everyone became all swept into the hysteria.
Now, not everyone even believes a ghost is real- or believes that ghosts are ghosts.

~In other areas, it was the witch that attempted to control the vampire.
And in other tales, it was the demon that was thrown into the cauldron with all the other vampire myths.
In one specific case, i once read- straight out of some encyclopedia i found once and only once, and i couldn't find again though i did look for it- just a year or so ago-
~i read, of something that looked very much like a grown shadow, with a spiked tongue, that was actually once considered a vampire.

Shadow monsters are sometimes considered responsible, or related to those things responsible for hag attacks. The pressure, the strangling.

They aren't just 'off in some way'; they are not neutral.
Many of these things would still seem- to me- to be related.
And responsible, for heaven knows how many things such as 'the choking'.

While i'm sure now, if people do post back on this, there may be some wiccans who disagree- it is still the demons. spellers beware

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by realshanti

If you dont mind me asking, What was the friendly boy's name?? The one they stayed with.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
When I was younger (I live in Wales, in the UK in a town mentioned in Harry Potter no less - Abergavenny), I used to chair a paranormal group. And we'd go round and look at really odd things in the local area.

One of these a pub near a grave yard that was the supposed haunt of what I personally believed to be a gnox (a hanged man who protects the yard after death which generally takes the form of a coweled-robed figure that prowls about after dark seeking to harm those that would harm those in its care, i.e. dont dig anyone up after dark). However, stories in the local area suggested it was in fact a Romanian immigrant who had come to the area and was suspected of vampirism (not sure if thats just cultural bias tbh).

Unfortunately, that day, we had a couple of jokers in our little group, and they decided to start messing about, and after one of us had found the tomb of the supposed vampire (it was more a research mission at this time), they pushed the top off out of what I assume was sheer boredom (everyone else was enjoying themselves!).

First things first, before I give the story itself, I'll just mention the strangeness of the tomb itself, its sides were uniquely angled, the top and the bottom were angled top out slightly, bottom in slightly, like a strange trapezium and the top was very oddly decorated with sigils and gargoyles, never have I seen this sort of adornment before or since. Since then having tried magick, I've realised that a lot of these were for containing something in a vessle, which I didn't know at the time.

Unfortunately, by then, it had turned about 6pm, and after I moaned at them and was about to try and find the rectory to plead with the vicar about our damage we noticed the strangest thing - the DARKEST smoke I had ever seen wooshed out and coalesced into a somewhat humanoid shape, with what appeared to be a cloak, top hat or something similar, and a dark grotesque face.

Alas, given most of our ages, we just ran away, didn't even stop to say anything to the vicar, but I did years later return and strangely the whole site had been converted to a housing complex, nothing existed of the graves or the rectory. Often wonder if the local pets and people are plagued with strange sounds and sights in the nights.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
You may have read my older posts or you may not, but I did what I suggested I went looking for them, the results were... unexpected, let's just say I didn't make it out of the experience... the same.
Some things happened and I don't feel the same anymore.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
hm well to be honest like i'm not discriminating or putting anyone down for believing in vampires but yeah to me they're kinda hard to believe in? and you don't hear too much about vampire sightings because they just kinda look like people? And on top of that you here about weirdogroups who think they're vampires and try act like it. but i dunno maybe they do exist and they are hiding amongst us?

[edit on 15-8-2009 by doodles40]

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by doodles40

Well after a few hundred years don't you think you'd get good at hiding too?

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I've read this thread from start to finish.

Sadly, I would say a good majority of people who claim to be Vampires are role playing or it's simply a lifestyle. Do I believe in Vampires. Of course. However, like a few others pointed out, why would one take the time to post information to their "meal?" I saw a lot of bored teenagers that finished reading the latest Twilight book, or some others that play a little too many Mmorpg games.

Suffice to say, everyone that claimed to be a Vampire had such conflicting information that perhaps 1% could be believed. Anyone behind a screen that has fabulous grammar can be anything they desire. A Vampire? No problem. A child claiming to be a hybrid. It was very sweet, but didn't fly in the real world.

I'm not trying to offend anyone here. That isn't my point. I just don't like the fact some people are trying to sway people into believing they are true Vampires. Would a REAL Vampire care what happened to humanity or world events; of course.

An example.

Think of it this way. Global disaster (which is bound to happen, if you have researched the cycle of the earth, we are going through another major cycle) mass plant, human, and animal deaths. I'm talking a good majority of the population. Let's say super volcano erupts or a polar shift (which I don't want to think about) or everyone nukes the world into pieces. Tiny pockets of humans survive, perhaps flee underground. Plants die...then animals die...then humans...then what does the Vampire have to live off of? Logically? If you have two sheep left in your livestock, you want them to procreate; you simply would not slaughter the remaining livestock so quickly until you had enough to sustain yourself. So in turn, Vampires, if they survived, couldn't pick humans off, in hopes of procreation thus them being revealed (Vampires) or starving to death. See my point? Everything has a cycle, a balance, even in life and death. One affects the other. Every creature cares.

I simply stumbled upon this thread, curious today. Vampires, I'm sure, would never reveal themselves. Even on a forum. If they are as close-knit as they say they are and only have a "select" few friends...why tell a public open forum you exist and here are the facts? Honestly, one would not care. There are so many fakes and wannabes. It was like the Buffy movement, that died...now it's the Twilight movement. A real Vampire, I think, would want privacy. Not to be gawked at like a tiger at the zoo. And "Oooo mommy, can I feed the Vampire? Can I mommy, can I???"

All in all, I would think they would want to keep the myths alive, keep humans guessing, thus keeping them underground further and not to be bothered. What would the government do or has done if they got their hands on one?

Another point. I never hear of other races of Vampires. Everyone "claims" to be pale White when they are claiming to be. What if you were African, Middle Eastern, Asian or Native American? Sure, your color wouldn't be the same...however...I'm also pretty sure there would be all colors of vampires roaming around by this era.

I don't understand why people can't be content with their humanity. To live passionate, short but with emotion. Is it all to common? To taste foods, drink good drink, be in good company even though there is the darker, harsher side of things? To love, hurt and to cry. To See things and be different than all the rest is a Gift in itself. Be grateful you have that Gift. Too many closed-minded people in this world. Word of advise, just be careful what you take as fact or fiction, not by some random Joe claiming this or that because they have heard and done their outside research from the net.

Light,

Egret

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Egret,

Going to the first part of your post. I get the point, vampires don't want to be known an stuff, but don't you think this would be the perfect place to mess up human thoughts? I know we can pretty much do that on our own. But, I mean they have to get bored once and a while, and it does help them keep hidden if they throw out false hints here and there. Who knows, maybe the ones who seem to be the most unlikely vampire on the web is one after all.

Don't ruin the fun of trying to talk to a 'real' vampire on the web. I think its kinda of exciting to step out of normal life and link yourself, even for a brief moment, into another world. Wether I truly believe in it or not, I don't know, I'm sure there is a tiny voice in the back of my brain that says most of it is just my imagination, but why worry about it now.

I suppose thats all I should say...

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Just Believe
Egret,

Going to the first part of your post. I get the point, vampires don't want to be known an stuff, but don't you think this would be the perfect place to mess up human thoughts? I know we can pretty much do that on our own. But, I mean they have to get bored once and a while, and it does help them keep hidden if they throw out false hints here and there. Who knows, maybe the ones who seem to be the most unlikely vampire on the web is one after all.

Don't ruin the fun of trying to talk to a 'real' vampire on the web. I think its kinda of exciting to step out of normal life and link yourself, even for a brief moment, into another world. Wether I truly believe in it or not, I don't know, I'm sure there is a tiny voice in the back of my brain that says most of it is just my imagination, but why worry about it now.

I suppose thats all I should say...

If you think of the millions of vampire forums and threads going on at this very moment...I find it unlikely. But who knows?

By no means am I trying to ruin your fun. I just merely thought this thread was for sightings, then it turns into a RPG game for the most part. Which is annoying. You have skeptics or real hard core believers that read this, maybe the real thing...then laugh, close the thread or don't even post their encounters because of how ridiculous some of this is. How can you even take the sightings seriously if you have, "Dark Lord this" and "Elder that" answering questions that are for the most part false; thus feeding false information so one can feel special about their lives? Is it all a lie? A trick? I tend to think not.

I know others feel angry that another is trying to ruin the possible enjoyment; however, I do not like to see Those taken advantage of for self satisfaction. If you're meant to meet One, it will happen naturally.

Just be careful who you choose to believe and the information they give you. Not everyone that posts on every vampire thread, claiming to be a thousand years old with a Latin name is going to be the real thing. Just be wise. I only say these things because I care.

You have more to fear from your own kind than Vampires, that much I assure everyone.

Light,

Egret

posted on Sep, 1 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Well, it would appear that the person Egret understands at least something of common sense, when discussing this topic.

It is true, believing what you read on the internet is, at best, suspect. There have been many different stories posted; essentially all of them with many differences and a few similarities, and in more then only this thread. Should this not tell you something? Perhaps they are not all lies though, however, this would then mean, that some, most definitively are. I would hope those people who did got a thrill from lying to others over the internet.

It is also true, that if you do not want to be found, you do not walk to the nearest computer and decide to type your life's story; or for that matter even bother to answer questions. It is very easy to track who or where you are in today's world. I can cite the fact that, like I said elsewhere, old habits die hard. People do so love to use the same name in various places and I found no less then two people doing this who claim to be so called vampires.(of the three I decided to test, one person was actually more careful) Posting the particulars of this information in just the plain for everyone to see, however, would not be a smart thing to do. This sort of search is not an exact thing and can not be truely certain. All I can say though, is that both lived in the general area they claimed to be from and one was a vampire "enthusiast". The one thing I do find interesting however, is that while I did indeed find a link between a certain poster here(not the "enthisiast") and who he/she could indeed be, I actually found a couple people that fit this person's story much better; to the point of just a couple minor details changed. These two people live in the same general area even. Think of it what you will, perhaps they were friends, perhaps just seen on the internet at some point; I doubt most of us will ever truely know. As you will notice, I was careful not to divulge any aspects of who these people are.

I think I have typed quite enough for now. I will end this with simple mention of my name, which so happens to be Latin. Try searching for my name, like I did to find the people above(which was much easier then I originally thought), and you will come up "empty handed", to use the saying. The search is cluttered by results which have not a thing to do with me. To speak the truth, that is not the way I planned it, but many things rarely go the way we plan...

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 02:37 AM
link   
There was a thing about vampires on the history channel I watched one night. It basically proved them false though it did say that there have been people obessed with blood and killed people for blood, but no actual weird physical differences or powers.

At the end it did mention a journalist who went missing when she went into the vampire underworld which is just people who pretend or claim to be vampires in clubs. Even so she is still gone.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by sakura

I would really like to see what you have. I belive that Vampires may exsist but Im not 100%. It would be great if you could show me what you have.

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join