It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

vampire sightings

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Tarius

It is against T&C to lie, for one. Again, it's very hard to catch. It's also against T&C to share personal information.

Let me also say that the vampire topic seems to draw large hordes of pre-teens to its gates, and with that comes pre-teen maturity. Average maturity. I joined ATS as a pre-teen and I was naive. I still am. But I try not to let it get in the way of my forum habits.

I know for a fact that members are not banned without warnings and/or staff discussion, either. Do you have reason to believe that the ATS staff is suppressing vampires, or members who claim to have evidence of them, from posting here?

Because I would just have to disagree.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
this is not a vampire sighting but it is a strange coincidence.
it was last february when i lived in a small town in the eastern part of washington when i was walking down a street to a corner store two blocks away from my apartment when i was at the halfway point home and there was a street light that was in front of this abandoned house. it was cold and sometimes when i'm really cold it sort of helps to concentrate on something instead of the bent steeltoe in my boot digging at me in a rather painful manner. anyway i'm accross the street from this streetlight and i see this guy running under it into the yard to get into this abandoned house. (squatters right?) well as soon as he gets over the fence and out from under the streetlight the streetlight flickers off and i saw the abandoned house but it had these vague shadows inside and i got this feeling of impending doom and ran into my apartment

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by venividivici

If I u2u'd you the names of some prominent US vampires do you think you could confirm or deny their existence?

No, It would be too dangerous to do so, but send them any way I'm curious.

Originally posted by Shrukin89

That is interesting, are both of your parents vampires?

No, all vampires are sterile.

Do you like to be alone?

No, but I do value my privacy.

If you walk by people can you see their aura?

No.

Or perhaps read their thoughts?

No, but if I look into their eyes I can "influence" their thoughts and make them do what I want.

And my last question for now is, can you shapeshift?

Sort of, since vampires technically don't belong in this plane of existence, because we're part spirit, we can "bend" or "push against" the laws and rules of reality (but then again what's reality any way). Ever since vampires have been around we've learned to use this power to our advantage. Marcellino taught me how to lessen the affects of gravity so I can jump higher and further, making it much easier to git around. I once knew a very old and powerful vampire that could turn into a vapor so he fit though cracks. As for me I figured out how to make myself invisible by bending light around me, although it only works when I'm standing still.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarknessForever

Or perhaps read their thoughts?

No, but if I look into their eyes I can "influence" their thoughts and make them do what I want.

And my last question for now is, can you shapeshift?

Sort of, since vampires technically don't belong in this plane of existence, because we're part spirit, we can "bend" or "push against" the laws and rules of reality (but then again what's reality any way). Ever since vampires have been around we've learned to use this power to our advantage. Marcellino taught me how to lessen the affects of gravity so I can jump higher and further, making it much easier to git around. I once knew a very old and powerful vampire that could turn into a vapor so he fit though cracks. As for me I figured out how to make myself invisible by bending light around me, although it only works when I'm standing still.

I thought you might've valued your own privacy. But at least you're open to talk about your existance, which is good.

Has there been any other encounters of what we call "monsters" that you have ran into? Like.. Werewolves, Gargoyles, dragons, wizards, witches, ghosts or anything like that?

I was wondering if you have seen The Twilight movie? If so how did you like it? Does Edward qualify to be a true vampire?

I personally think that vampires like yourself would have a better understanding than we do as human. Cause basically humans carried and dragged this phoenomeon on and on, and people still treat vampires as a myth or fictional character. We are so self centered, that it's turning into a bad habit. So I thought I might ask a pro like yourself. :p

Could you perform any other kind of magical power, other than lessening the effects of gravity, and shapeshift?

I sometimes wonder what is the true reality that we live in. Heard that time doesn't actually exist but is only our perception. Which is true cause you can't see time, but you mentally know that the sun rises and sets. Without the sun at all we wouldn't know what time of the day it is, because there would be only darkness. When you get bored all of a sudden time just drags on. And when you have fun seems that time swept by 2 times faster than it normally should. So that being said I guess if you enjoy life, you would likely die 2 times faster than being bored to death. How ironic.

Can you see into the future? Since you've lived for so long do you know what is expected to happen in this society that we live in?

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by itroz
Hello,
very interesting post here, never thought that I will read further,
but I've decided to give it a go and ask a few questions our" vampire". I am a sceptic and do not easily believe everything I read, but also I like to challenge and be challenged. So what would I like to ask a vampire if I found one? Well, I would be more interested in his experience of living through the centuries, seeing the world change and progress must be very interesting. So if you don't mind could you answer my questions, please. I don't want to be rude, I am just curious, but if there is a truth out there and somebody actually lived for more than three centuries, could you please tell me what was your favourite era and how on earth did you cope with the life itself? I mean it's a fancy idea to live for so long, unchanged, but I myself ( must say Iam still young) get really tired of all this sometimes. But on the other hand you must know a lot, you must have seen and met so many people, kings and queens, you must remember what they looked like. Who was a person you admired the most and how did you managed to go through without being detected by other people and have they ever asked : "hang on , he is kinda different." I presume you do not eat normal food if you do could you explain how is that posssible, because according the "legend" your internal organs are supposed to be disfunctional. So if you could give a little review of your life and life around you, how all these years going by have changed you and what would you say it's the most important thing in the life if you figure that out . Sorry for all the intrusion of your privacy but I am just seeking for the truth about this world and life. However, if you are a faker, please do not replay.Thanks

My favorite era has to be this one. No one from my time would have able to dream up some of the absolutely amazing things there are today like computers, automobiles, indoor plumbing, and the Internet.

No one notices that we don't age, because vampires are nomadic we never stay in one place to long. We also keep to are selves, we never get to close to regular people unless we are going to turn them (which is very very rare).

I never went out of my way to meet any one famous, nor do I care about famous people. The person who I admired most is Marcellino (to bad he's dead).

No, I don't eat normal food.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by DarknessForever

Hey, DarknessForever!

I have a few questions!

I don't know if what you're saying it's true, but being a skeptic about every single thing saiid is not gonna do much good either so.............

1: Have you ever turned somebody onto a vampire?
2: If so, can you divulge anything?
3: Are you a fan of any recent works about your kind? I am talking about the Anne Rice Novels for instance, or the very popular "Twilight"

I hope you can anwer my questions!!

Have a good one!

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by DarknessForever

Hey, DarknessForever!

I have a few questions!

I don't know if what you're saying it's true, but being a skeptic about every single thing saiid is not gonna do much good either so.............

1: Have you ever turned somebody onto a vampire?
2: If so, can you divulge anything?
3: Are you a fan of any recent works about your kind? I am talking about the Anne Rice Novels for instance, or the very popular "Twilight"
3: Is there some sort of chain of command?

I hope you can anwer my questions!!

Have a good one!

[edit on 6-10-2009 by HolyCrap]

[edit on 6-10-2009 by HolyCrap]

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 05:11 AM
link   
I don't think this could qaulify as a definate vampire encounter but it was interesting nevertheless.

I'd walked down to Asda to pick up some stationary (my life is unbelievably exciting, I know). I was on my way back, walking down a small pathway behind a church. It was getting dark and this area is quite secluded so I should have known better but I'm an idiot.

As I walked forward, a man came towards me from a little lane on my right. We noticed each other and he walked straight past me. I carried on down a very isolated dirt track which is more or less woodland.

This man was coloured, probably about twenty to twenty three. I remember he was wearing a grey polo necked jumper, a pair of jeans, black shoes and a particularly nice black tailored coat.

Halfway down this track, I remember thinking to myself that there was something strange about him and how perfect he'd be for a character in a novel (I'm a writer).
I happened to turn around and this man had doubled back on himself and was stood at the top of the path, just looking at me. At this point my heart begins to thump against my ribcage because I assume I am going to be mugged or worse. (Not because he was black, for anyone who delights in throwing those sorts of accusations around. I absolutely abhor racism. It was purely because he was a strange man and he was following me.)

There was no innocent reason for him to have come my way. I try to maintain composure and carry on walking. After a few moments I turn back again and he has followed me further down. He's not going at any real speed, he's just ambling along and looking at me.

This carries on until I get to the bottom of the path. He's only a few metres behind me now and I'm starting to get very worried.
I absolutely hate being made to feel threatened so I gather the courage to look him in the face. The odd thing is, he wasn't looking at me with any sort of menace or threat, it was just pure curiosity. It was as though he had never seen a human being before.

He followed me up the hill and I gradually quickened pace. By the time I got to the bridge, I was in the village I live in and I decided to make a bee line for the local shop just to be safe. At the bridge, I turned around and he had completely dissapeared. There was nowhere he could have moved quickly enough in order to get out of sight but he had just vanished.
At the time, my sole concern was getting home safely but thinking back, it was an interesting encounter.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by HarlequinHannah
I don't think this could qaulify as a definate vampire encounter but it was interesting nevertheless.

I'd walked down to Asda to pick up some stationary (my life is unbelievably exciting, I know). I was on my way back, walking down a small pathway behind a church. It was getting dark and this area is quite secluded so I should have known better but I'm an idiot.

As I walked forward, a man came towards me from a little lane on my right. We noticed each other and he walked straight past me. I carried on down a very isolated dirt track which is more or less woodland.

This man was coloured, probably about twenty to twenty three. I remember he was wearing a grey polo necked jumper, a pair of jeans, black shoes and a particularly nice black tailored coat.

Halfway down this track, I remember thinking to myself that there was something strange about him and how perfect he'd be for a character in a novel (I'm a writer).
I happened to turn around and this man had doubled back on himself and was stood at the top of the path, just looking at me. At this point my heart begins to thump against my ribcage because I assume I am going to be mugged or worse. (Not because he was black, for anyone who delights in throwing those sorts of accusations around. I absolutely abhor racism. It was purely because he was a strange man and he was following me.)

There was no innocent reason for him to have come my way. I try to maintain composure and carry on walking. After a few moments I turn back again and he has followed me further down. He's not going at any real speed, he's just ambling along and looking at me.

This carries on until I get to the bottom of the path. He's only a few metres behind me now and I'm starting to get very worried.
I absolutely hate being made to feel threatened so I gather the courage to look him in the face. The odd thing is, he wasn't looking at me with any sort of menace or threat, it was just pure curiosity. It was as though he had never seen a human being before.

He followed me up the hill and I gradually quickened pace. By the time I got to the bridge, I was in the village I live in and I decided to make a bee line for the local shop just to be safe. At the bridge, I turned around and he had completely dissapeared. There was nowhere he could have moved quickly enough in order to get out of sight but he had just vanished.
At the time, my sole concern was getting home safely but thinking back, it was an interesting encounter.

Feel like you're still being watched? I feel that I am from time to time.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Everyone has been jumping at the vampire bandwagon lately due to the surge of vampire TV shows.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Vampire sightings are almost entirely fake. If there were vampires, we'd certainly have been almost destroyed centuries ago. I can only vaguely remember sightings and occurrences locally that turned out to be total nonsense.

Although the best one I've heard, without accreditation or even a person's name, took place in New Westminster. Apparently some gang member (since we have a lot of those like any major cities) heard a scratching sound on the door. He goes over to the door with a gun thinking its cops or some enemy, hears a sound in the kitchen. The guy's perplexed at this point. Goes into the kitchen, tall guy jumps out of nowhere in front of him, the gangster leaps back in shock and starts shooting at this intruder. Neighbours freak out hearing gunshots and call the police. Gangster runs out the door into the arms of the police who showed up with weapons drawn claiming someone attacked him.

Police search the house, finding sixteen shell casings on the floor, so basically his entire clip in his pistol, but only ten bullet holes are found in the walls. So that makes six bullets unaccounted for. Police write it off as effects of drugs, charge him with organized crime and weapons charges. Nothing happens as a result.

Ten bullet impacts in the room, sixteen shell casings. Unfortunately its just too hard to pin down to a cause. It really is all subject to scrutiny. There's no way to say what happened. Maybe he had blanks mixed in?

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Hey DarknessForever...

i'm really curious abt vampires and i have some questions which i'd like to ask you. are there many vampires left in europe and in which part of europe are they most likely to live?do you knw any vampires in germany?
just out of curiosity... how can you "meet" one of your kind? And how do vampires chose a mortal they want to turn? are there certain criterias for that?
hope you can answer these Qs.
thanx

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Hello,
I don't want to sound sceptical but I have been thinking about our vampire preoccupation and figured out that people are obsessed with them, because in reality, they are obsessed with immortality. They want to be different,they want to live forever. The darkness is an aspect associated with vampires, what we cannot see in dark, we can easily imagine it's there, one simple shadow can cause the most bizzare experience.
The human mind created vampire myth and human mind will believe that they are possible, if they are real we will detect them one day,or we will put them out of our mind. In this time and age, when we think we know too much and yet, we are still looking for unknown and more we see less we know.
So my question to " possible vampires" is what would you do for living, because everybody has to do something. Would you live in some remote place with no human contact at all? Would you ever go shopping or walk amongst people? Maybe we are obssesed with something that doesn't exist, and that's all right, it makes are existence more interesting. So let's hear more form people with vampire experiences.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Originally posted by DarknessForever
I am aware that most of you will not beleave me (which is a good thing), but I am a real vampire. I am most definitely not some sort of idiot regular person who decided that sense I'm pale or the sun gives me headaches I'm a vampire nor am I one those who walk about in black, have fake teeth in there mouthes, and decided that they should drank the blood of there own kind. I mostly glad that there so many fakes out there in this day and age because it makes a real vampire such as my self harder to find. If you are curious about my kind I will do my best to answer what questions I can.

also I am 376 years old, and yes I will burn up in sun.

Yes this in a different language. Do not delete this. A message to your famed Vampire.

Αν είστε που λέτε ότι είστε. Σταματήστε τους λέει από εμάς. Σας endagengering μας. ώστε να σταματήσει. Ελάτε στην επόμενη συνάντηση. Θα είναι όταν ο ήλιος βλέπει σπανίως.

This has substancial meaning to many.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by The messangers
Yes this in a different language. Do not delete this. A message to your famed Vampire.

Αν είστε που λέτε ότι είστε. Σταματήστε τους λέει από εμάς. Σας endagengering μας. ώστε να σταματήσει. Ελάτε στην επόμενη συνάντηση. Θα είναι όταν ο ήλιος βλέπει σπανίως.

This has substancial meaning to many.

In case other posters are wondering, it basically says that.. "If you are what you say you are, stop it. You're endangering us. Come to the next meeting. It will be when the sun is seldom out." It's not a perfect translation, but it will work.

BTW, the language is Greek.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 05:29 AM
link   
okay, questions for any real vampires (not energy vampires; people who think they're vampires etc. or goths)

can you run really fast/superhuman strength and speed like on twilight? why can you? is it an 'alien' trait due to your being once on another planet like in superman? (i.e. different gravity)

do you sparkle or do you turn to dust in the sunlight? if so why? is taht why there are tunnel systems all over the planet?

are you really immortal or is it just a very long life so that it seems immortal to us? and if you're aliens is this due to different orbit of a home planet? (do you fall into very long sleeps - hence the sleeping in coffins etc?)

why do your eyes change colour if they do; and is it from black to red/gold or is it blue to black? on twilight edward says its the phospherescence. do you know what that means/is it true?

can you fly?

can you use anti gravity and go through matter - and is this in the same way as reported for alien sightings - i.e. due to the use of technology?

do you use ufos? and high technology?

are you much smarter than humans? if so how?

if you are immortal - i.e. a joining of spiritual and physical like was said here, does this mean you are the 'fallen angels' referred to in the bible? because you joined the spiritual wiht the physical? (this stuff loses me totally and i find it harder to believe/understand. aliens wud be easier for me to understand.) (are 'non fallen angels' still spiritual (non physical) entities?)

if you do or can die in certain situations, what happens to your spirit? is there a soul like humans are said to have? why is it so different from humans, if it is?

do you know if reincarnation is a fact for humans/animals? does it apply to you if you do/can die?

if you are immortal that means you will be around for billions of years? if so how come you never hear about vampires who are billions of years old, but usually only hundreds or thousands of years old?

if you are aliens is your home planet dark i.e. far way from the sun? is this why you prefer darkness?

if its 'traditional vampirse' how does the change from human to vampire work? is it a virus? who discovered it? how and why does it work?

ummm... i think thats all ive got for now.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shrukin89

Originally posted by HarlequinHannah

Feel like you're still being watched? I feel that I am from time to time.

Yes, but I think that is just a nuance of the human condition rather than the possibility of actually being watched by a "supernatural" being.

Firstly, we all at some point feel as though we are being watched. It's a sick game your mind likes to play in order to make getting to sleep that little bit more difficult.

Secondly, I would have to experience something myself without being able to justify it logically before I will entertain the idea of paranormal creature, though I am open to the possibility.

Finally, (and most importantly as I feel it is something a lot of people on this forum need to take on board) I am not arrogant enough to assume that if vampires were to exist, I would be remotely interesting enough for one of them to actually want to observe me on a regular basis. Let's face it, if they were to exist, I would be nothing but lunch.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Excuse my scepticism from here on in..

Firstly, this is aimed at nearly everyone who seems to post on here these days. All these twilight, true blood and other vampire fiction tales you have stuck in your head, they're all bogus. It's fiction, sure there may be some truth in there, but you'll only end up looking too hard, and believing too much, so that your own mind formulates it's own links.

I mean, I take stories a lot more seriously than I should do. I break down everything, and I can look so far deep into things, people will think I'm on a completely different topic. Basically, my message to you is that you need to realise that these glittering, beautiful mythical vampires you desire so much are nothing but fiction.

Now, to Darkness - I've only read your posts on this page, so you're going to need to excuse my scepticism / ignorance for the most part here..

The first thing that strikes me about you, is your grammatical errors. I don't mean to sound picky, or stereotypical (and I know, you 'may' have heard this a lot), but they make you seem fake. I don't know if you are or not, and I'm not going to accuse you of either, that's not my place. I'm simply after the truth, and for a 376 year old vampire.. It doesn't seem too likely that someone who surely will have learnt to read and write many years before someone as young as me, that you could make so many obvious mistakes. To follow on from this, you also write with the attitude of a teenager (that's not an attack, just my opinion). You say you don't expect people to believe you.. Well, that's a typical card played by many liars, myself included.

I consider myself a fairly intelligent person, and I'm not easily fooled.. But, you seem to be playing to the crowd a bit. I mean, it's gotta be quite fun with all the attention on here, seeing as this is where all the twilight fanboys and fangirls come, and then you could be there and pretend to be an expert / ages old vampire etc etc.. I don't know, you just don't seem right to me. I've been fooled by many a roleplayer, ones far smarter than you could probably imagine.. So I'm generally quite sceptical when it comes to someone claiming to be something more.

Saying all that though, I'm still interested in what you have to say. If you're real, or not, I still like to see others opinions on it.

Now, my opinions on things :

I believe in a god. Not THE god, but some higher level of being. I'm also a believer in the 7 planes of existance, and have my own opinions and theories on each.

As for vampires, I don't know if they exist or not. If I'm brutally honest, I want them to be real, I really do, but I can't justify their existance to myself..

I also know that when a lot of people are sceptical of things, there's also a glimmer of truth in there. For example, people frown on psychics, all those kind of people.. Maybe they are fake, but I know first hand that psychic abilites are not. I may not be the most tuned in person, but I do whole heartedly believe that I have a higher than average psychic ability.

It's this which keeps me hanging on to believing in things. In most areas of my life, I'm stubborn, unpredictable and I'm very stereotypical, and had you asked me about these things before my psychi started to play up on me, I would've thought you were crazy, and fought my case to the death.. Not anymore.

I can't stop wondering what else is out there, and what else we don't know about.. But there are a few things holding me back.. My age, for a start. I'm still only a teenager, and I have absolutely no idea where to start looking. I've tried before, and I've found dead ends. Possibly because I do not want to believe, or because it seems to implausible to me. I also know that I would shun ideas that I didn't like the sound of, just because of that in itself (the V5 / K-17 virus theories, as an example).

I only have 100 characters left, so I might continue this post later, maybe I won't.. I'd like some opinions though.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Hello,
a very good point of view DrunkMyffy, I liked your post. I question many things myself and I am looking for the answers.
I don't think that any vampire and I mean a real vampire who survived for many, many years (if they were real), would post anything on the internet( however they might do, just to see people's responses).
I believe, we need a myth or conflict to keep us amused.
Humans were always fascinated by immortality and eternal youth.
Lets think about the possibilities.
There is a genetic trigger that causes our aging, called telomeres.They are crutial to the life of the cell, they keep the ends of the various chromosones in the cell from accidently becoming attached to each other. The human telomeres consist of as many as 2000 repeats of the same sequence, it is a region of repetitive DNA.
With each division, the ends of chromosones get shorter and in critical lenght the cell will no longer divide and eventually dies out.The telomeres are shrinking. That's what causes the aging process in humans. So if we're talking V5, V-17 or any other "vampire virus", the virus would contain a genetic code that stops aging gene at the certain age, altering chromosonal chain by " capping" the ends of the genes so that gene doesn't continue to degenarete. This would be the cellular immortality - the maintainance of telomere lenght.
The basic vampire V5 theory is that the vampire blood cells rapidly destroy human blood cells, resulting severe anemia, with less oxygen demand - a perfect adaptation and alternation of DNA.
We don't even know if the virus exist and I personally think is a sci-fi invention, however quite interesting.
But as I say no vampire would proclaim himself on public.
If they exist , they will stay secretive and I suppose it wouldn't be more than a few hundreds of them. So have an open mind but don't forget to keep your common sense.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by itroz

We don't even know if the virus exist and I personally think is a sci-fi invention, however quite interesting.

I've had this out before on other threads. A serious question that has gone unanswered is 'how many of these vampire virus claims were made before the British television series 'Ultraviolet' broadcast in 1998'?

It's interesting just how the claims made by would-be vampire seem to follow tropes and trends in vampire fiction.

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join