It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

sniper posts pic of child in crosshairs

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   
While this photo is tasteless and despicable it also serves to bring to the forefront that neither side in this conflict can claim clean hands.

However, I will be interested to read all the same scathing responses the next time Hamas launches rockets from schools or hospitals, which, in my opinion, is even more detestable than this photo.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by WaterBottle

actually this is false, up until WW2 jews refused to fight anyone becuase they were extreamly passive it was not until people like you that wanted to be supreme started killing millions.

learn your history you antisemite

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
anyone ever think he was just watching the kid like a telescope? maybe he was just bored, or maybe he WAS in fact being malicious. im not sure what to make of it,.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

Originally posted by nake13
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

I'm sure that most people find this sort of picture distasteful,but I guarantee you that many snipers from many different nations will at some point have framed an inappropriate "target" in their sights,this doesn't neccesarily have any sinister overtones,more a way of breaking the monotony for a soldier, who is usually hidden, and static in the same position for extended periods of time.

c'mon, please, you're using logic...that is not allowed, when the OP is trying for an angry emotional response.

You mean like the type you have given several times already in this thread alone.. or when you were defending a person who we have no reason to either defend or criticize without further knowledge about the picture in question?

The truth is that this photo has the ability to make one feel emotions and to discuss--nothing wrong with that.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by dirtybird
anyone ever think he was just watching the kid like a telescope? maybe he was just bored, or maybe he WAS in fact being malicious. im not sure what to make of it,.

I can appreciate that you're drawing a middle-ground straw of sorts by pointing out both possibilities, but nobody familiar with the ongoing Middle East conflict(s) would sensibly conclude that this image merely portrays someone adjusting his or her stargazing equipment.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Did this sniper post the picture as a "look what I could do" in a malicious, evil way? Or was it more of a "look what I could do" in a sarcastic, protesting-like tone?

In other words, if this sniper is publishing this picture to show everybody how ridiculous war can be -- maybe it can have a positive impact?
edit on 20-2-2013 by capone1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
i wonder if the jews ever think "jeez, if it wasnt for hitler we wouldnt have this country"

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I'd like to see what other types of pictures this soldier took in order to get a better perspective on this.
What bothers me most, however, is the reaction of the Isreali government when they said "we're not sure if the child was later shot"
like its no big flipping deal either way.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Bla, bla bla....hate Israel...Jews are evil....bla bla bla......heard it all before.

I'm not defending this MORON, but how does it compare to the MORONS who have killed thousands of kids in bombings in the name of their imaginary god?

Would you like me to post VIDEOS of CHILDREN (gasp, some are even Palestinian!!!! OMG!!!) strapped with BOMBS? They are out there. I can even post some that show them BLOWING UP. I would be banned right away, but that doesn't change reality.

So whatcha going to do, posters? Cry, whine and act like uneducated morons becasue some idiot has a kid in a cross-hair, or are you going to fair and balanced (apologize for the reprehensible fox news term) and realize this stupid picture amounts to a HILL OF BEANS when you look at the big picture.

Things like this only fire up the most ignorant, uneducated and moronic among us. Which are you?

Sites like this can be a tool for positive change, or a conduit for idiocy. Based on this thread (seriously, go back and read through it!) I have to say....um....well.....not the message we want to send to the internet community. But hey, I guess it shows this site's true colors. threads like this get major views and many pages, and show the baseline idiocy that permeates this site.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Ever expanding? It's been the same for 4000 years.

The soldier and the child are probably equally worthless scum. One would put on a bomb vest, the other wouldn't think twice to shoot him.

Why pick either side?

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by RobinB022

The truth is that this photo has the ability to make one feel emotions and to discuss--nothing wrong with that.

And that is does. But lets not for a second think that this was posted to be fair to one side or the other. This was posted with malicious intent (and I don't care what who is behind the gun and who is in the cross-hairs)

But can we please put this in perspective? Can I post pictures of body parts from people that have been blown up by children who have been strapped with bombs? I mean, a simple Google search and they are there. Heck, I can even show you a video of some poor kid blowing himself up. How far you nuts want to take this?

A simple picture of a kid in some cross-hairs? Big deal. Matter of fact, I like the picture, as it illustrates the state of the world we live in, where we have reason to fear a child has been programmed to destroy by maniacal, religeous morons. This picture is my new desktop. I wish I had a high rez photo that I could get printed and framed to put in my study.

Lets face it, this was posted here for a reason, and everybody knows it. I should go start threads of children wearing bombs (gasp, some are even Palestinians!!! OMG!!!!!) or threads with pictures of children's body parts all over the place becasue they were in the wrong place at the wrong time, and some idiot piloting a drone from Kentucky blew his ass up from half a world away.

What is the point here? You people are so transparent in your motives is it disgusting.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Everyone here...stop for a second. Do the two following google image searches:

children bomb vests

children in crosshairs

There you go.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

That's not necessarily true. One is undoubtedly a solider, but he kid is likely just an innocent kid. Sure they throw rocks, but that's natural when you grow up in a home where the family discusses their oppressors with hatred or even disdain. The kids getting in groups and getting the courage to throw rocks is no different than American kids working up a dare, not more devious than Tom Sawyer etc. Sure there are cases where evil people try to brainwash these kids and turn them into weapons, but most of the violence coming from the side of the Palestinians aren't actually the Palestinian people.

There are people living in Gaza, I hope your aware, that would probably worry to death and spank their child for hearing they threw rocks at the Israeli soldiers (and then be grateful they lived through the stupid dare).

So many misconceptions about what is going on over there.

I meant ever expanding alluding to the lines they push with their settlements in on land generally considered Palestinians.
edit on 20-2-2013 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by gameisupman

Read the thread before you come in being a complete idiot. Never did I say ANYTHING negative about Jewish people. Why bother commenting if you can't bother to read the thread?

So check your ignorance at the door please. The first line was meant to illustrate your dismissive attitude towards the thread, but in reality it accurately illustrated your lack of ability to discuss the topic, your ignorance, and apparent illiteracy/lack of reading comprehension.

Don't put words in my mouth.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Don't put words in my mouth.

Don't have too, you do that fine on your own. And I did read the thread, lol. The whole thread, lol. Have you? I hope so.

What really concerns me, is the replies I posted in this thread actually had content that pertains to the thread, while your moronic reply above has no thread content and could have just as easily been private messaged to me. But I guess you have to puff up your feathers to show how big and bad you are, lol.

Internet fools are all the same.

Quick, go cry to a moderator if one isn't already screaming in here to your defense, lol.
edit on 20-2-2013 by gameisupman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Don't bring straw man arguments into the thread or attempt to derail it please.

This argument you are trying to make is irrelevant. It has no purpose in this case and outs you as extremely biased or as having an agenda.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Okay quote where I said one thing negative about Jewish people.
I am not being a fool, you have shown your hand. You tried to put words in my mouth and I created this thread. I won't report you, I will just point out that you are wrong for future readers. The thread is about the abuse of the IDF and the Israeli government. It has nothing to do with Jewish people. Your first line was

Bla, bla bla....hate Israel...Jews are evil....bla bla bla......heard it all before.

This thread has nothing to do with Jews. That is the problem people have tied the actions of a nation so close with a religion that you cannot criticize the nation without being called anti-semite. That is the ignorant line you are towing.

Then you tried later to create a strawman by bringing up minor suicide bombers. How is that relevant to an IDF sniper taking a photo through his lens at the back of a young Palestinians childs head and then posting it on the internet? Answer: It's not.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I have a question here....

I am not an expert on military scopes. But what the heck is that big bright red thing on the scope in the picture??? It certainly looks to extend beyond the eyepiece. This would make it nearly impossible and practically in-feasible to be a rifle scope, sniper scope, or any scope I would care to put to my face/eye.

Might this raise the question, is this photo legit..or was it poorly photoshopped??

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by miner49r

That is an important question. I personally don't believe it is, but has even deeper and much worse implication if IDF soldiers are photoshopping up fantasies of having Palestinian children in their sights and sharing them online.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I don't know.

I think it's photo shopped, besides, the shooter is going to miss.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join