It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

sniper posts pic of child in crosshairs

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

As long as Israel is center stage is my bet. Ask yourself why they get all the attention in the mainstream?

YouTube

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Evil =

adjective
morally wrong or bad; immoral; wicked: evil deeds; an evil life.
harmful; injurious: evil laws.
characterized or accompanied by misfortune or suffering; unfortunate; disastrous: to be fallen on evil days.
due to actual or imputed bad conduct or character: an evil reputation.
marked by anger, irritability, irascibility, etc.: He is known for his evil disposition.

Everyone has the ability to act in such manner. To avoid and extinguish thoughts before they become actions is #1 necessity.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Infra_red

I am not sure if that is actually true. I think that American's/American Jews are welcomed to serve in the IDF (maybe I am wrong about that, but I thought I recall a man talking about it).

Also, I only mentioned that about the omission because I thought it was a little convenient. Not because I am one of those conspiracy theorists that think Jews run the media and etc.. I just know the power of lobbying and groups like the ADL. No one wants on their bad side. It just seemed like such an important part of the headline to omit you know? Maybe I am alone in thinking that.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

Well actually there is no evidence to suggest he was or wasn't shot or shot at.
This is real life not a film, and the photo is not even almost a good photo it's just that overdone instragram garbage. This time it just happened to involve a soldier endangering a child to get the shot.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   

You're right they probably patrol with their guns on safety and without a round in the chamber. That way they can be in a constant state of "just a second." The kid is in danger because members of a military force known for killing his people are pointing guns at the back of his head. Anyone that wasn't arguing for the sake of arguing would agree.

You don't point a gun at someone unless you intend to shoot them. Not even for photos. Even the IDF have come out against their own soldier here (not punishing him, but admonishing him and the action) and you still side with the guy.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

I understand that a sniper is going to watch people and see things without intention to fire. It's natural. The point is that he took the time to take a picture of his gun aimed at the kids head and thought that it was something worth sharing on his social networks. That tells me he anticipated a lot of "likes" to pointing guns at Palestinian kids and whatever else goes along with that.

It's the bigger picture that people aren't seeming to grasp here as they argue over the technicalities.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   
This is not a cool picture at all. Why in the world would he take it and then let it on the internet? This is a stupid sniper! Putting a kid in the cross hairs? Really. I think it is way pass time that we stopped giving them money. They have proved that they can defend themselves, I say, let them do it on their own.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by ltheghost

I agree.. I think we should have stopped supporting them in the 60's after they went against Kennedy on Dimona. We promised them our support, but when they secretly began their nuke program they basically said that wasn't enough. At that point we should have said it's our support or you pursue your weapons and etc.

I just don't understand why Israel isn't held to the same standards as the rest of the world. It's almost surreal.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Of course to keep the public from getting even more pissed off. I still disagree that it in anyway means the kid was in danger you can’t even get confirmation if the kid is Palestinian or Israel.

Honestly if the picture was for a magazine people would be in awe but because it is a soldier people are in arms. The world doesn’t make any sense sometimes.

It seems like your rabblerousing on this, manufacturing outrage somewhat.

You state a danger where there is no proof of it, you imply nationality of the kid yet you still have no proof. Have you implied intent most certainly.

Maybe our opinions differ because of how I am comfortable around guns or because of my military service or maybe it is something else. The picture is thought provoking most defiantly. Dangerous not at all.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   

It's the bigger picture that people aren't seeming to grasp here as they argue over the technicalities.

I get it. You saw my other reply to you?

One must dehumanize the enemy in order to kill them. The same failure occurred when Israel bombed gaza. They tried to make the Palestinians out to be the bad guys. Except we were watching and saw the truth. I don't know what all the hubbub is about a simple picture. I guess its "new".

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

No you must! That's the purpose of this thread! Group think! How dare you stand in the way of group think.

Let's all think irrationally now and blame the entire IDF. For all we know, this photo could be fake! It could be nothing but a media stunt, typical of Arab media outlets...but who cares! distract yourself with such thoughts! Oh Yeah! I hate Israel.. I'm now gonna exercise what little cognitive powers I have and make the OBVIOUS inference that this photo is merely added proof that the IDF is evil........

Sigh............. I can't even say that without feeling a little depressed. Funny, yes! It's amusing mocking people who haven't learned yet how to think rationally, yet you know such wily tactics have a high success rate. The poorly educated are driven by emotion because their checkered ego's blind them. It's that simple.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Yeah.. because I broke this whole story, I got the IDF to denounce the action, etc. I am just relaying with the inclusion of my opinion and most people seem to agree. The kid was maybe not in imminent danger, but in a situation that could have quickly taken a turn. I doubt they unloaded their gun in a "warzone" for the safety of this kid. Also do you really believe this kid is likely not Palestinian? The evidence to back up that he is Palestinian in in the location of the picture (look at the surroundings - this has been discussed) and had he been Jewish the soldier would realllly be punished and it would be known.

Like I said, you are arguing against common sense just to argue.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

Very dramatic sarcasm, very well practice. The fact is that something like this happens on pretty much a weekly basis with the IDF. Of course you can't say bad things about every single person the IDF, but you can say them about far too many and so you can speak out against the IDF as an organization (but not individuals). If they are pumping out this many problematic members than it is a problem with the IDF and it is systemic.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   
@GogoVic...I will attest to the fact that Jewish girls, or the ones I have dated, are great girlfriends...I think, just like I say about almost every ethnic group, that there are good and bad people in all of them. Usually it is the nutters who seek power and gain it that dictate protocol, and coupled with a nationalist agenda, as in Israel, things just get to a point where they can no longer remain stable. It happened with the Nazi's, and it has happened more recently in civil conflicts around the globe. So I ask myself which is worse...the crazy people who seek power and dictate to everyone else, or those who allow themselves to be dictated to. But that is a philosophical analysis for another day.

I thoroughly agree that the race card is played on almost every occasion, and I have a feeling that the nutters at the ADL must know they are full of crap. They are simply using this as a tactic. They need to realize however that when it does not work they need to back down, because keeping at it is just showing their disillusionment and ignorance. The real truth is that just about every ethnic group that has ever existed on this planet has slaughtered others for various reasons. It makes no difference who has killed the most at this point, and that should not even be a discussion.

I think that in an age so advanced in technology and (dare I say) politics, that all issues such as those we are speaking of should be able to be handled without bloodshed. I think someone already hit the nail on the head though...pure hatred is what breeds the most violence. Next in line is pure and uninhibited ambition to seek power. Very few people can actually handle power correctly, and there have been very few, percentage-wise, in the history of the world.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Very dramatic sarcasm, very well practice. The fact is that something like this happens on pretty much a weekly basis with the IDF.

And you of course have proof to back up this claim, right?

If not, whats the basis of the claim? This is how rational people think. If you're talking with rational people, you need evidence to support your claim. And dependable evidence too. Not a mere word-of-mouth rumor, since conspiracy theories abound in the Muslim world like no place else (eliciting a book from daniel pipes on this subject).

If they are pumping out this many problematic members than it is a problem with the IDF and it is systemic.

Funny how people like you jump from A to B with such alacrity. But where's the evidence for this?

Why don't we widen our scope to get a bigger picture, and possibly a plausible explanation for why you have this perception of the IDF being an inveterate breaker of international law.

First, who controls the worlds oil? Mostly Arab Muslim countries. Do you know what kind of pressure OPEC and the Arab League put upon governments to have them take a position on the Palestinian question? You're naive and live in a fantasy land if you think this is not how international politics works. Nations pursue their own interests: oil is in their interest. Saudi Arabia, Iran, Kuwait, UAE, Libya, Nigeria, etc, all Arab countries, have vast supplies of oil. In order to maintain contracts with these countries, there is a great deal of arm pulling.

So that explains the absolutely inordinate amount of attention Israel gets verses much greater human rights issues in Tibet (which plagues a population many times larger than the Palestinians) - and why don't we here about it? Again, we see the power of economics on politics. China is too big to be criticized; Israel is too weak, both politically and economically to offset the economic powers of OPEC and the Arab League. And Sudan? The 450,000 people murdered in that country over the last 10 or so years outnumbers the casualties of the Israel Palestinian conflict by a factor of 240.

Point being, it's politics, it's tripe, it's nonsense which isn't based in fact or reason, but pure and utter fanaticism, coming mostly from two sides with political interests: Islamists and Arabists who refuse to tolerate the existence of a sovereign Jewish state in Dar Al Islam; and Leftists, who would very much like to see the symbolic collapse of a country which symbolizes for them the Judeo-Christian world order.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 01:45 AM
link   

You say I am arguing against common sense so tell me about your trip to Israel. I assume you are applying common sense of that region or are you using your knowledge only from being in America?

BTW if you have never heard of PR then let me explain. Of course they would make a public statement so it would settle people down especially because of who is pushing the story.

So you admit that you have zero proof that the kid was in any danger I am glad you will at least admit that part.

I read the same story you did and unless you have another source then you are making an unfounded assumption about the kid’s nationality. I don’t care if you are guessing but you were presenting it as fact.

BTW leaving a round chambered in that type of position is against every SOP I know of even being in a war zone and I have been in a few. I also am not big on following a crowd as far as opinion goes. I don’t jump of bridges just because others do I don’t care much for rice even though a billion Chinese like it and I am not big on polls I will still make up my own mind.

It is great that you have people that agree with you but I don’t put much stock in it. Oh and FYI I am not Israeli not related in any way but I have been there with a girl I dated her father was Palestinian and mother Jewish it was an interesting trip and really don’t know how anyone can determine where that photo was taken even though I have been there. I do know that depending on the area by the boarders that both sides mingle and I couldn’t tell who was who all the time.

BTW from the article.

Palestinian activist Ali Abuminah who runs the site Electronic Intifada and drew much of the attention to the photo.

At the end of the day you have your opinion I have mine but I am not trying to push theory as fact. Speaking of common sense. Since when is it common sense to fabricate danger, location, and intent. That is more in line with creative writing.

edit to add

There isn’t a country I have been to where I didn’t disagree with something and there is plenty in this world to be angry about but I don’t consider this one of them.
edit on 20-2-2013 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

Well.. the article quotes three incidences right off the bat, one being a week prior and if I felt like digging up a whole years worth or histories worth to satisfy you I would, but do some of your own legwork. I gave you a head start already in the article linked in the OP.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

You are pretty dead on.

A lot of people around here that are ready to to take up arms and name call really just don't have much experience with situation. American Jews and Israeli Jews are apples and oranges. To me it is not a religious thing at all. It is a country out of hand and that is all. It is a police state that are oppressing a huge amount of people senselessly.

Oh and that Jewish girl I went out with.. she was a "Jewrican" (as they proudly proclaim) Jewish mother Puerto Rican father. My god.. I would give a finger for another couple weeks. She was sooo fine, met her in college and she moved off to the city. She strongly considered herself Jewish though (and I believe if the mother is Jewish you are considered Jewish practicing or not, but she was practicing), but I don't know why I am going on about this.. she was a fun girl.. so that's probably why.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 02:57 AM
link   
I like the pic, Its very moving in my opinion.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 05:10 AM
link   
'The only difference between a hasidic Jew's phylactery and an Islamist's suicide vest is the land the West allow the respective parties to occupy.' -Anon

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join