It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fossilized Spines and Vertebrae of Big Creatures in Curiosity Sol 109!

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy
As much as the pictures are intriguing I find myself literally, in something of a rock and a hard place as to what I think, so no apologies for the pun. Where it is easy to see 'Vertebrae' in many of Arken's examples this time round, and while others say they are rocks, or peculiar looking rocks, I don't think of either. I see lightly hardened shapes born out of a mixture of dust and moisture making a delicate cement, and most likely the shape is reborn over time and time again, with erosion from both wind and dust.
I mean, what did NASA concentrate with Curiosity firstly for their experiments? It was this guy Jake Matijevic who is an out of place rock, let's call him, 'Jake the peg'

go to the link here;

T
www.planetary.org...

You can see from that link the difficulties they have with 'Jake the peg' when even the Earth based science is somewhat controversial, NASA is not so bothered with exotic shapes of congealed sand. There are some shapes in Arken's linked pictures that do look like rocks, but they are also the most unlikely contenders for vertebrae looking objects.
edit on 19-2-2013 by smurfy because: Picture.

There is symmetry in geology
There is symmetry in life

Simply put, you do not bring a rock to a life fight.

If you are looking for life, you pick the objects that display the symmetry of life, as subjects for sample. You do not overlook those objects and prefer an out of place blue triangular rock... that goes in the geology section.

edit on 20-2-2013 by charlyv because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-2-2013 by charlyv because: stupid editor

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysterX
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

Yes, but not generally unless they have to or have already offered to, and yes i do.

Oh, and what Armap said too.

Nice try guys but that still doesn't disprove my point and don't forget that a ton of tax money gets put into black budget operations.

edit on 20-2-2013 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Look like spines to me. I wonder how big the area was where the pictures were taken, If the bones are kind of close together maybe as the lake dried up the creatures tried to stay in the water until it was gone and ended up in the same area.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Since quite a few here wanted the media to take a look at this, I emailed a link to this thread to Science editor Alan Boyle who writes the Cosmic Log at NBC. He has mentioned ATS in an article before. Who knows, maybe he'll find it interesting enough to write something on it,

Personally, I'm with the "rocks" crowd on this one. I just don't think that Mars ever had lifeforms that advanced. I'd settle for microbes.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by ausername

Originally posted by humphreysjim
reply to post by Unity_99

If this was on Mars, you'd be calling it a "Martian Patio".

kathryn0in0ireland.files.wordpress.com...

If this was on Mars you'd be calling it "rocks"

Awesome example. and WOW totally 28 pages and no Phage comment. Huh?

Seems like he would say SOMETHING since his opinion on things like fossils on Mars is so strong. Just a few days back someone on another thread we kinda discussed this and how Richard C Hoagland had found pics that showed artifacts. Other than totally debunking he apparently will not be in on this conversation? Now Arken finds this. VERY interesting find!
edit on 21-2-2013 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum
Since when did the U.S. powers that be ever give a damn about what the tax-payers actually wanted? Do you actually believe what you just wrote?

Do you know that you can ask NASA to use the HiRISE camera aboard the Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter to take a photo of any place on Mars? You just have to tell them why you want them to photograph that area in a convincing way.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

Thanks ArMaP for this precious Tip, as usual.

Can you please ask NASA to use the HiRISE camera aboard the Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter to take an High-Res photo on HELLAS BASIN? My bad english do not allow me to give them sufficient explanation, and maybe you can, with your photographic skills and excellent english. I can give the exact coords Lat/Long. Reason: possible traces of advanced and ancient civilization.
Thanks

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

Thank you for your effort and your contribution, Pauligirl

edit on 21-2-2013 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bennogob
I wait for the "almighty" Phage to show us his explanation on this one , but after 15 pages nothing...
But for the OP I must admit you catched my attention^^Those symmetricals "shapes" in the middle of the first photo of the "supposed" fossil looking really like vertebral disks on some animal's skeletons...

Why?

As much as I enjoy Phage's interaction I think you should think for yourself.

And by the way, Phage will say it's just rocks, so you don't really need to wait for his comments.
edit on 21-2-2013 by LordAdef because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

Sorry, in my last post, numbers 2 and 3 should be swapped around...it was late.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Originally posted by Arken
Can you please ask NASA to use the HiRISE camera aboard the Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter to take an High-Res photo on HELLAS BASIN? My bad english do not allow me to give them sufficient explanation, and maybe you can, with your photographic skills and excellent english. I can give the exact coords Lat/Long. Reason: possible traces of advanced and ancient civilization.
Thanks

I could try, but the difficult part is to present a good reason for doing it, and I think that "possible traces of advanced and ancient civilization" has a high probability of being ignored.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

What could be a "good reason"?

"Craters with squared structures inside"?

"Perfectly squared structures cover an area of 12 x 7 kilometers all same oriented"?

"Structures like Machu Pichu with steps and stairs all perfecly oriented"?

Do your best, ArMaP.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I observe them as rocks, ignoring the highlight which serve only to distract you have to pay attention to the actual oulines of the rocks. Just don't see but look and study. Recognize also the patterns of shadows which can play tricks with the minds eye. The rocks are not of extinct creatures, this time. the same principle also applies to the photo that many claim to depict an object of some unknown purpose sticking upwards from a portion of rock on Mars. Again observe carefully the outlines and shadows and you will see that they are seperate. There is no mysterious object.

I leave you with this.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

Personally, I'm with the "rocks" crowd on this one. I just don't think that Mars ever had lifeforms that advanced. I'd settle for microbes.

A rash and foolish way to view this particular topic. Science will proof this statement false.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   

reply to post by ArMaP

What could be a "good reason"?

"Craters with squared structures inside"?

"Perfectly squared structures cover an area of 12 x 7 kilometers all same oriented"?

"Structures like Machu Pichu with steps and stairs all perfecly oriented"?

Do your best, ArMaP.

This is your show, Arken. Why don't YOU ask them? You want to call "fossils" in every rock, but I have YET to see you at Unmannedspaceflight.com or asking NASA direct.

I can not understand why you will not take the initiative yourself? The channels are right there. Will you put your money where your mouth is? After all, you have invested all of this time into it all - why not ask them direct?
edit on 2/21/2013 by impaired because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by impaired

Hi impaired, my friend.

Thanks for your friendly advice
I try to submit these requests directly to the main source....

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
reply to post by tzdub

3rd party news? ATS often beats the MSM to the punch by days.

In the meantime, it's also been posted on a rather popular German blog on 'paranormal sciences': Article: "Erneute Kontroverse um Mars-Foto: Eine versteinerte Wirbelsäule auf dem Mars?"

Or perhaps try it with Google translate:
(Link)

Just FYI.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   

reply to post by impaired

Hi impaired, my friend.

Thanks for your friendly advice
I try to submit these requests directly to the main source....

You try, or you do?

Main source? Unmanned Spaceflight.com has many people from the rover team that post there.

What is your main source? Are you e-mailing NASA?

I would like to see what you have done besides speculating and disregarding certain facts.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jeep3r

There is light at the end of the tunnel.....

Thanks jeep3r!

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

I know enough about photo manipulation and how the human mind works to determine that when you highlight exactly what you want people to see, that is what people are going to see!

Look up apophenia and pareidolia. This is a classic example, and since the OP presents only edited images it leads me to assume he is purposely playing tricks on readers minds.

Your own brain is the biggest liar you will ever meet!

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join