It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fossilized Spines and Vertebrae of Big Creatures in Curiosity Sol 109!

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
DP
edit on 22-2-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
OK...for the "bones" crowd...i am going to throw you a "bone"...though I still believe "rocks" until I am convinced otherwise....

Crocadile Skeleton....

Look at the image above...Note the bone furthest to the right...where the spine would join with the skull...

NOW...look at the "Mars Spine"....and the bone furthest to the right...where the spine would join with the skull.

Red Arrow...cartilage in the Crock Skeleton...Hole in mars bone where soft tissue eroded.

Black arrow...boney formation that forms a backwards "C"...both bones

Blue arrow...arc and triangular point...

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
A color or mono anaglyph of the view may help to determine whether it's fossilized vertebrae, multiple rock formations or something else.

Maybe ArMaP could help out here.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

I think you could see it better if not as magnified.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Originally posted by smirkley
(dont know where all my uploaded images went on that thread, they were stored on ATS servers)

The images are visible here.

Back then,.. nobody it seems could fathom there might be water there, now we know better.

Where's the water?

So hang in there, time will tell.

Yes, it will tell, either yes or not, but it will tell. I just hope to still here to know the answer.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

WATER: Ect.Ect.Ect.

Water on Mars exists almost exclusively as water ice.

A small amount of water vapor is present in the atmosphere.

According to Steve Squyres, Principal investigator of the Mars Exploration Rover Missions (MER): "The idea [of liquid water on Mars has] been resolved. It's been resolved by Spirit, it's been resolved by Opportunity, it's been resolved by Curiosity, it's been amply resolved from orbit as well."[8]

Besides the visual confirmation of water from a huge collection of images, an orbiting Gamma Ray Spectrometer found ice just under the surface of much of the planet.[30][31] Also, radar studies discovered pure ice in formations that were thought to be glaciers.[32][33][34][35][36][37] The Phoenix lander exposed ice as it landed, watched chunks of ice disappear,[38][39][40] detected snow falling,[41] and even saw drops of liquid water.[42][43][44]

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee
reply to post by Indigo5

I think you could see it better if not as magnified.

Yah...I wanted people to know what specific bone I was talking about. Feel free to mess around with the pics I provided etc. It takes time away from work! I was kinda shocked at how when I finally found a Crock skeleton to look at so I could dismiss that bone on the far right...they actually look shocking similair! With similair features. Still think rocks...but I am not ready to declare anyone that thinks otherwise an idiot. I'd like to see a couple of experts...Paleontologists...zoologists ...folks familair with marine animal bone structures or dinasaur bones and have them weigh in on precisely where the bones claim fails.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by smirkley
(dont know where all my uploaded images went on that thread, they were stored on ATS servers)

The images are visible here.

Back then,.. nobody it seems could fathom there might be water there, now we know better.

Where's the water?

So hang in there, time will tell.

Yes, it will tell, either yes or not, but it will tell. I just hope to still here to know the answer.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

Thank you for the wayback link mr. moderator. Sincerely.

But surely you read the thread, as my orginal post describes plumes, not puddles.

I also implied that it couls be some other gaseous form , but as noted in my post here, I had quite a few respondants just poo poo me and say 'it is just rocks, there is no water on mars'.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5
OK...for the "bones" crowd...i am going to throw you a "bone"...though I still believe "rocks" until I am convinced otherwise....

Crocadile Skeleton....

Red Arrow...cartilage in the Crock Skeleton...Hole in mars bone where soft tissue eroded.

Black arrow...boney formation that forms a backwards "C"...both bones

Blue arrow...arc and triangular point...

Just WOW! That is all I can say. I try to put myself in the "rocks" crowd but every single time I come back to that picture it blows me away. Now seeing it next to the Croc....I am blown away. I have shown over 30 people at work on my phone, my computer, etc. And every single time I show the pic I simply ask: "What is this a picture of?" And nothing more. Every single time I get, skeleton, fossil, monster bones or something to that effect. Never once did I hear landscape, dirt, rocks. Crazy indeed! And not the cropped picture either. I show them the full picture. Then Ill show the cropped.
edit on 22-2-2013 by masta12d because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by arianna
Maybe ArMaP could help out here.

Here you go.

A "cross eye" version.

An anaglyph.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Shells sure. Whole skeletons? no.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ausername

That was dug up. You can tell from the dirt around it.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Ahh, but you will my friend, you will be.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

Sure different conditions. Not windy martian deserts.

Haven't you seen the recent rover pictures? The planet is red because it's wind erosion.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Is this page being discussed on the ATS radio show on Saturday? I haven't seen one of those "congratulations" templates. I assumed it would be the main topic.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Thanks for making the color anaglyph ArMaP.

I wonder if the full-resolution left-hand images will be deposited in the PDS library.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 06:17 AM
link   

That one looks more natural to me. I've awlays seen the colors of Mars but due to photo manipulation NASA do to make the pictures more clean, one can't be certain. The too dark orange dos nit even seem realistic. But there are pictures of Mars where you can see some rocks are exactly that color. So it is the orange-tint picture that seems not right, this is closer to the true color.

reply to post by Indigo5

Good comparison, though are you saying these shapes, the bones anad the one on Mars look alike? They are still rocks, bones would be buried by the sandstorms... one has to dig Mars below for fossils and bones if any,

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ImpactoR

Good pics. Yes, it seems when the dust is removed from the rocks they are all white or off-white. Lots of white rocks in Gale Crater.

Some posters mention that winds would have covered the rocks. Yet in the pictures from Curiosity it seems there is a lack of dust on the rocks - most of them have a very light layer actually. This has made me wonder where all the dust is, because supposedly the surface rocks have been sitting there for hundreds of millions of years, or ever since the water went elsewhere, whatever came first. So a fossil would be covered and uncovered at different times.

The kicker in this whole question would be if another such fossil/rock were found. Having this one example makes it a curiosity (and a collectors item!). But if another one appears somewhere along Curiosity's track, we may have to give Arken a pulizer prize for journalism in America and a rousing "Hip hip hurrah" in England. In Asia, he would get a statue and a palace, and in Italy, a free bottle of wine!

edit on 23-2-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

A Bottle of a good wine with friends around the fire.
"Primitivo di Turi" I prefer...
Red, strong and 14° alc.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

So a fossil would be covered and uncovered at different times.

Exactly.

The kicker in this whole question would be if another such fossil/rock were found. Having this one example makes it a curiosity (and a collectors item!). But if another one appears somewhere along Curiosity's track, we may have to give Arken a pulizer prize for journalism in America and a rousing "Hip hip hurrah" in England. In Asia, he would get a statue and a palace, and in Italy, a free bottle of wine!

Well, effectively, there are others...

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Yes, a very good wine. And you say there are others, please post those and put the baby to bed.

Was this discussed on the ATS Radio show last week? Will it be this week? Maybe it's time to alert Richard Hoagland about this, but then he'll take the credit and the wine!

new topics

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join