It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Long applause for Pope Benedict

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   

There's a certain playful humor, however grave, in what he's done by resigning. It also puts a Christlike double-bind on everything that's wrong with the church, but in a loving and merciful way.

I applaud his action.

...keep it civil now people if you can..

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

I have no applause whatsoever for the Pope and his pagan-influenced bastardization of Christianity and his hierarchy of child molestation.

The only applause I will have for that Illuminati-backed Occult organization is when it's completely dismantled.

Pope will remain in Vatican to avoid prosecution for child sex abuse
edit on 18-2-2013 by LazarusTsiyr because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by LazarusTsiyr

You don't see the possibility for any irony or humor in the midst of any of it? C'mon.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   

I'm afraid I don't get your point. What exactly do you mean?

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   
probably someone sleeping on the applause button by mistake

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   

I'm thinking along the lines of something called a "double bind" eventually unraveling and working its way through a deep infested "nest" of all manner of corruption even evil spirits, occult magic, you name it.

The spirit of truth and life come home to roost so to speak..

That's why some of the people could be seen to be sad, smiling, and in some cases with an utterly humorless countenance, and that's the funniest part of it all, those guys, the fearful types who although they think they know it all, don't, yet, have the first clue as to what's really going on.

It's the church's passion, and desert experience and Benedict (Ratzinger) while leaving has also placed a double bind in the midst of it all, while placing it all in the hands of the spirit (thy will be done) - allegorically and symbolically.

From a certain perspective it's really very funny, and very cunning and wise. imho.

edit on 18-2-2013 by NewAgeMan because: edit

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I will only applause when the whole mankind gets rid of all form of religions, which I think are nothing but sources of conflicts and mass brainwashing and slowed down the mankind progression as a civilization for centuries.

Anyway that's only my opinion and that's another debate that I don't want to start here since I don't think it is suited for this thread.
The only thing I agree to applause about, is the fact that he resigned before passing out, unlike its predecessor. Now he can enjoy what remains of his lifetime and have time for himself. Good for him.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by LazarusTsiyr

I have no applause whatsoever for the Pope and his pagan-influenced bastardization of Christianity and his hierarchy of child molestation.

The only applause I will have for that Illuminati-backed Occult organization is when it's completely dismantled.

And you think Christianity wasn't a pagan adaption lolol.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by JrDavis

Depends. Modern Christianity? Christianity after the pagan emperor Constantine took it and perverted it and made it into the state religion of his empire? Sure. The original message that is found in the Scriptures? The true untampered teachings of Yehoshuah ha'Mashiach as found in the Scriptures? No.

BTW, the word is "adaptation." Next time a non-condescending comment would probably serve you better.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   
*slow clap*
Second, I guess

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   

I was looking into the percentages and numbers of the accused priests involved in those abuse scandals recently, and I thought it was kind of interesting how most of those criminal priests had origins either in North America (most of them were American..) or how their origins were Irish, Australian, Norwegian, Austrian, Canadian, and then finally Belgian.. It seems as though many of these abusers come generally from Northern Europe or are of Northern European background which is something of a significant statistic if you ask me: Why are most of these criminal priests who attempt to represent the Old World RCC faith, why are most of them generally from Northern nations or of Northern extraction? Here is a link to wikipedia where these statistics are discussed: en.wikipedia.org...

It just seems like there is going to be alot of ridicule of Southern Europe and it's very Old faith on account of some hideous priests whose roots belong all the way over there in the North. Maybe the abusiveness and sexual deviance is due to a primordial protestant sexual ethic that these abusive priests adhere to that has caused all of this abuse and scandal. They should have remained with the Protestant faith, and it's sexual Ethics
and adhered to commonplace matrimony;

edit on 18-2-2013 by tony9802 because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-2-2013 by tony9802 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Remember too that I said I applaud his action (to resign).

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Depends. Modern Christianity? Christianity after the pagan emperor Constantine took it and perverted it and made it into the state religion of his empire? Sure. The original message that is found in the Scriptures? The true untampered teachings of Yehoshuah ha'Mashiach as found in the Scriptures? No.

BTW, the word is "adaptation." Next time a non-condescending comment would probably serve you better.

Thank you. I also noticed I spelled "Lol" wrong too.

All good.

And yes seeing as the book of Enoch states moses is born from aliens. Christians felt they wanted to remove this from the religion although it's found in text.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

Remember too that I said I applaud his action (to resign).

If he does not or did not resign he will be or would have been prosecuted.. so my understanding is that now with this resignation, that he has immunity from the charges that are being brought against him and the RCC.

I think this is a NWO plot to remove all of Christendom..

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by tony9802

The only way to explain the entire phenomenon of child sex abuse by church leaders is if there was a ritualistic element (satanic worship) somewhere within the church hierarchy operating as a permissive framework, even by encouragement, as terrible and as sad as that is to deduce.

But by resigning and leaving everything in the hands of the spirit of Christ, there's the possibility of any such satanic elements as may exist, by infiltration and corruption to be brought to light and be bound, while regenerating the church and making it new again, at least that seems to be his hope, in God's mercy and grace, so it's a resignation to the power of God's love, which is quite capable of dividing and separating from among the sheep and the wolves (which Benedict has referred to in connection with his resignation).

Listen to this recent sermon Quo-Vadis-Petre ~ Where are you going Peter? for further insight.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by tony9802

If he does not or did not resign he will be or would have been prosecuted.. so my understanding is that now with this resignation, that he has immunity from the charges that are being brought against him and the RCC.

I think this is a NWO plot to remove all of Christendom..

As long as he doesn't leave the Vatican. And you could be right.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by tony9802

No one can remove the heart and the spirit of Christ in the world, and if the walls come tumbling down of what used to "contain" him, then all the better, because the spirit to be a spirit of love must be free, freely given and freely received in our own love for one another as we are first loved by God in Jesus Christ.

So it's all good either way.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   

And yes seeing as the book of Enoch states moses is born from aliens.

Where does it say that?

And if you accept what the book of Enoch, a non-canonical Hebrew Testament book, says do you accept what the other books of the Bible say? Or do you only accept those that fit your worldview regardless of their authenticity or lack thereof?

Christians felt they wanted to remove this from the religion although it's found in text.

What do you base the claim that Christians removed the book of Enoch from the Bible (which is actually assuming it was part of the accepted Scriptures of the Hebrews at the time)? Seems like a whole lot of assumption based on no evidence whatsoever.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Sunday Feb 10th, 2013 via Twitter
Benedict XVI ‏@Pontifex

We must trust in the mighty power of God’s mercy. We are all sinners, but His grace transforms us and makes us new.

Dear Brothers, I thank you most sincerely for all the love and work with which you have supported me in my ministry and I ask pardon for all my defects. And now, let us entrust the Holy Church to the care of Our Supreme Pastor, Our Lord Jesus Christ

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I for one have no good will toward this man, he had the position and
power to stand up and be moral when it came to the child molestation,
not only did he refuse to do this, he has aided in the cover up and
ensuring the police cannot properly prosecute these vile men.

If any religion were actually special they would admit that not only is
religion more about oppression than it is freedom it is also about
being "in the club", that club provides them with power and cover for
illegal activities just as a drug cartel does their club members.

If people actually wanted morality they would simply act morally, you
don't need an old man playing dress up to tell you not to murder your
neighbor because if that's the only reason you don't then your
most likely mentally ill. religion is useless, anything it does provide
community wise can be had without the burden of the bad things it
brings to the table and morality is perverted by religion to be used
as a toll of oppression rather than liberation and freedom.

Use your own morality folks, religion was created to dictate a morality
that flies in the face of decency, murder, rape, encouraging and dictating
rules for having slavery, infanticide, patricide, all things commanded by
christian god to be carried out in his name, apparently he lacks morality.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join