It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Long applause for Pope Benedict

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Yes, may he molest children well into retirement, and forever in the after life.

Perhaps he can still help to cover up the sexual abuse even in his ill health and without his title.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Not a good time to be a satanically inclined Cardinal or Bishop or Priest, or Pope.

Therefore let him and all members of the body of Christ be in our prayers, oh God give us the strength, the courage and the wisdom to re-present Christ to a modern world and in a modern context, yet without the slightest reduction of the awesome height, depth and breadth of his standard of truth, justice, mercy and love. Amen.

Interesting times call for interesting and powerful prayers.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Cataka

I've discussed this evil already and what appears to be happening in relation to it.

We must always be hopeful for something better, even the very best of the best, to replace everything that is of a lessor nature, even to the worst depravities of wickedness and evil.

Let the light chase away the darkness, and wherever it is found let it be double bound in chains and sunk into the abyss (oblivion).

But let us not make the mistake of allowing our own hearts to be corrupted in response to corruption and evil.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by bloodreviara
you don't need an old man playing dress up to tell you not to murder your
neighbor

Now that's funny! It would make a good bumper sticker, but of course that's not what it's all about, morality, good and evil, right and wrong, should and shouldn't, something most people are well aware of.

Salvation goes much much farther than that because it wants us to transform and become our truest and most authentic and liberated self as child of a loving God, where goodness and righteousness is it's own reward.

It's more of a non-coercive, invitational Jesus than Jesus as an enforcer of should and shouldn't, and he didn't spend much time himself preaching a doctrine of morality, but moreso of a messianic expectation of the coming of God's glory and riches (kingdom of heaven), where the very notion of sin and the desire to sin becomes absurd.

edit on 19-2-2013 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Re: Abuse

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
reply to post by tony9802

No one can remove the heart and the spirit of Christ in the world, and if the walls come tumbling down of what used to "contain" him, then all the better, because the spirit to be a spirit of love must be free, freely given and freely received in our own love for one another as we are first loved by God in Jesus Christ.

So it's all good either way.

Yes, very true and I did listen to the program clip you referenced.. nice to listen to, in the meantime, if the "walls come tumbling down" of the structure itself, it will feel psychically, emotionally, and even physically very thwarting and disturbing.. I was kind of contemplating or studying this feeling last night and psycho-somatically I was feeling quite a bit of anxiety.. I was also listening to Father Malachi Martin and he made mention of how the collapse of the structure will ultimately mean a collapse of civilization; Removing the structure itself almost felt like a lifting away of "The Good" and the dawning of "The Unholy;" That's sort of what I was sensing and it was actually creepy, and it even caused a bit of trouble breathing momentarily,(!) for me that is; When I say "The Unholy," I mean exactly that; It's the presence of an obscene dark force, and the vulgarity it embodies. That's the reason I decided to show up here on ATS to unload a little bit, because I wasn't feeling so good especially after looking into the Pope that is meant to follow, Petrus Romanus, and then the possibility of the "Black Pope;" In any case, it's kind of nice to hear someone like yourself, that feels quite pulled together, and positively spiritually focused; The other interesting thing that I found here on ATS was reference to some Nostradamus writings about how the Anti-Christ and his time will make it's appearance when the comets begin falling, and so that was interesting reading since we have had a couple of comets come through Russia and Cuba recently and all within the same time-frame of the Pope's resignation-- within the last week.. whoa..

Comets and Nostradamus, you might be interested in looking that up..
edit on 19-2-2013 by tony9802 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 01:41 AM
link   

I believe that the spirit of Christ is the spirit of God's love, but not just as a feeling or even a spiritual experience, but as a type of cornerstone or rock of reason, and logic as a fundamental principal, against which everything that is "unholy" can only fall to ruin if not ridicule as well (even righteous laughter), the implication being that what is "evil" or of "the devil" is actually formed by a fearful insecurity of being "found out" which is the nature of all corruption since it occurs in darkness and avoids the light of day and the light of truth.

Therefore, in all confidence, I can hold an entirely optimistic viewpoint with faith in the power of God's goodness and righteousness and love as the forward moving arrow of all civilized progress, which lays to ruin everything that was uncivilized by comparison, so it's a wrecking machine but a good one.

There is nothing to fear in Christ, let us stand firm in him and on him as the eternal rock of ages, and let "demons" tremble at the sound of our own good-natured, good-willed laughter.. !

Whenever I think these things through and test the spirit it comes up humor at the devil's expense, which leads to still more rejoicing, even at the expense of the devil within!

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   

I invite you, while reminding you that you are safe (in Christ), to test this out by getting so present to that fearful insecurity (with walls having come tumbling down) that you are able to discover that which resides on the other side of it - then come back and report what you find there, on the other side of the fear of the unknown without..

You know, either, everyone (and the devil) is out to get us and we're in grave danger, or, if fearless (where faith and love is the antithesis of fear and hatred), we are the most dangerous person relative to all that is unloving and fearful, and that's funny!

We need a good hearty and healthy laugh at the devil's expense every now and again, as we thread the needle with Christ (in death and resurrection) and enter into a new domain (pasture) of everlasting life and freedom, goodness and love.

imho, the empowering and optimistic stance is the ONLY reasonable and logical one to take. And it's not arrogance, to become fearless as such, but simple charm and a healthy sense of humor, with our humor restored.

And if it's done in God through Christ, then my oh my what kind of influence and power is that, to be the very love that is and has been missing in the world..?!

Let the liberated spirit of Christ move quickly and come quickly, and let all who are thirsty come and freely drink the living water.

edit on 19-2-2013 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 02:27 AM
link   

While i do see your point i cannot agree with what you claim, Jesus
himself laid down the laws governing slavery and who you may or
mar not enslave, religion has been preached as the means to attain
morality for a very long time, it lays down the path your life must take
in order to gain a reward hence throwing freedom out the window
along with proper morality.

Jesus is claimed to be god simply in human form, even if this is
disputable Jesus does call god his father, claiming the god from
the old testament as your father, calling him loving, merciful and
kind are all flat out lies, so god in human form was lying about
himself from before when he wasn't in human form and glossing
over the fact the he was incredibly immoral......

Morality in that book is based upon bullying, if you don't do what
i say even if its wrong then you will suffer. And as we have seen
in countless cases worldwide religion not only does not stop or
slow down crime both violent and sexual it actually encourages it
and aids in ensuring it can continue, how can anyone miss this?

We have documented evidence of religions in many countries
ensuring people are not treated equally, as seen in the many
oppressive religious laws in others countries and our very
own religions in the united states fighting against the civil
rights movement, the womens rights movements and the
sexual rights movements. this tells me religion is much more
supportive of oppression rather than morality and justice.

The pope and all religious leaders who claim to be moral men
should have been screaming at the top of their lungs when
it was found that priests were molesting children, they should
have publicly condemned the action and aided the authorities
in ensuring those men couldn't harm more children.

I apologize for such a long post but i just find the pope to be such
an immoral person and religion to be so lacking the very thing it
is claimed to provide.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by bloodreviara

Absolutely, they don't take action against these people that belong behind bars.. almost as though implying
this is our little secret and we'll just hide it in the back cupboard but go ahead and continue teaching scripture;
we'll just send you to a different location, and that should be alright.. I'm surprised the parents of these
children haven't done something such as attempt to attack them physically personally..

It's foul.

In the meantime, I don't think JChrist can necessarily protect people from invading Muslim armies as well as Communist armiesl.. I think that's what I'm referring to when I speak of "The Unholy.."
Those preparations by the way are underway, aren't they?

red uniforms, +crescent Moon followers uniforms- green green green

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I applaud his resignation. It's the first thing that he's done that I agree with.
I hope it sets the tone for the popes that come afterwards.
The church needs someone who can get the job done in these modern times.
So yes .. applause for his decision to resign. I agree with it.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Yes but his resignation only opens the door for a replacement. And who knows, that replacement could be worse. That's why it's hard to applaud this. I'd applaud if he'd turn himself in for the sex scandal coverups. I'd applaud if he'd dismantle the entire Catholic religion. But stepping down so another can take his place? That'd be like Stalin stepping down so that Hitler could take his place.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by LazarusTsiyr
That'd be like Stalin stepping down so that Hitler could take his place.

Wait and see who steps in before you assume it's a 'Hitler'. We just don't know.
In the mean time .. feel free to guess who it'll be .. on this thread ...
ATS Papal Prediction Thread
I wanted to do a point-bet thread, but that didn't go anywhere.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

To me it doesn't matter who it is. They are still serving the same master and promoting the same agenda. Just like the (s)election of Barack Obama. Looks good on paper but he's just another shill.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I just hope they pick someone with a Christian heart.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Well that's a lot of hope
j/k

But seriously by definition that's not gonna happen. This is the Catholic church we are talking about here. They are just one of many arms of the Illuminati.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by JrDavis

And yes seeing as the book of Enoch states moses is born from aliens.

Where does it say that?

And if you accept what the book of Enoch, a non-canonical Hebrew Testament book, says do you accept what the other books of the Bible say? Or do you only accept those that fit your worldview regardless of their authenticity or lack thereof?

Christians felt they wanted to remove this from the religion although it's found in text.

What do you base the claim that Christians removed the book of Enoch from the Bible (which is actually assuming it was part of the accepted Scriptures of the Hebrews at the time)? Seems like a whole lot of assumption based on no evidence whatsoever.

JrDavis is correct and also mistaken. Moses was not mentioned in the Book of Enoch (He wasn't born until well after the flood), but Noah was.

1. And after some days my son Methuselah took a wife for his son Lamech, and she became pregnant by him and bore a son.
2. And his body was white as snow and red as the blooming of a rose, and the hair of his head †and his long locks were white as wool, and his eyes beautiful†. And when he opened his eyes, he lighted up the whole house like the sun, and the whole house was very bright.
3. And thereupon he arose in the hands of the midwife, opened his mouth, and †conversed with† the Lord of righteousness.
4. And his father Lamech was afraid of him and fled, and came to his father Methuselah.
5. And he said unto him: 'I have begotten a strange son, diverse from and unlike man, and resembling the sons of the God of heaven; and his nature is different and he is not like us, and his eyes are as the rays of the sun, and his countenance is glorious.
6. And it seems to me that he is not sprung from me but from the angels, and I fear that in his days a wonder may be wrought on the earth.
www.sacred-texts.com...

There are some serious and contradictory implications with the story of the Great Flood of the Bible is Noah himself was also a Nephilim.

The Book of Enoch was among the Dead Sea Scrolls and was cited throughout the Bible, including being cited by Jesus himself, yet the Catholic Church, when they compiled the Bible they chose to leave out the Book of Enoch, Jubilees and Jasher, all of which cite the constant influence of angels on mankind, including their names, station and duties.

Moses was most certainly aware of and educated in the teachings of Enoch, as is evidenced in the Book of Jubilees and in Jasher.

The Essenes, who many believe to be the first Christians, and that Jesus himself was a Nazarene Essene, in the tradition of Moses, Samson, and John the Baptist, did gather and honor angels in their daily rituals. LINK

The Catholic Church outlawed this practice and demonized those who were killed by the church for that practice.

CANON XXXV. CHRISTIANS must not forsake the Church of God, and go away and invoke angels and gather assemblies, which things are forbidden. If, therefore, any one shall be found engaged in this covert idolatry, let him be anathema; for he has forsaken our Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of God, and has gone over to idolatry.

CANON IX. THE members of the Church are not allowed to meet in the cemeteries, nor attend the so-called martyries of any of the heretics, for prayer or service; but such as so do, if they be communicants, shall be excommunicated for a time; but if they repent and confess that they have sinned they shall be received.

CANON XXXII.

IT is unlawful to receive the eulogiae of heretics, for they are rather alogiai [i.e., fol-lies], than eulogiae [i.e., blessings].

CANON XXXIII.

No one shall join in prayers with heretics or schismatics.

reluctant-messenger.com...

Anyone who clung to the teaching of these heretical books was excommunicated or killed, not martyred, and their deaths were not to be eulogized by Christians.

So, the Catholic church was outwardly opposed to the reading of these books and intellectually made the decision that should be excluded from the Christian versions of the canonical Bible.

As far as the Pope resigning, I think it's a cowardly plan to duck responsibility. You watch, somehow his resignation will serve to protect the Vatican of financial responsibility somehow.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Thanks for the response, Windword.

There are some serious and contradictory implications with the story of the Great Flood of the Bible is Noah himself was also a Nephilim.

Even if this were true, that doesn't mean he's an alien. One has to believe in the "Angels of the Bible were actually aliens" theory.

Moses was most certainly aware of and educated in the teachings of Enoch, as is evidenced in the Book of Jubilees and in Jasher.

That's a very circular argument there. Where in the Hebrew Scriptures does it say that Moses was familiar with the Book of Enoch?

Most of the content of the Book of Enoch is dated to between 300 and 100 BC. (Fahlbusch E., Bromiley G.W. The Encyclopedia of Christianity: P–Sh page 411, ISBN 0-8028-2416-1 (2004)) While Moses himself is estimated to have lived around the 1300s BC.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Well that's a lot of hope
j/k

Wasn't that funny?! Sometimes I even make myself laugh.

I still do hope for the very best though in all things because this is the way that the logic of Jesus has taught me to think and to hope with an eternal optimism combined with steadfast determination.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Even if this were true, that doesn't mean he's an alien. One has to believe in the "Angels of the Bible were actually aliens" theory.

Why? The Bible says in Genesis,that angels were making wives of the daughters of Eve, and they, in turn, were giving birth to "Nephilim." You can belive they were aliens, or not, it doesn't matter. The Bible says what it says, and it says the same thing that the Book of Enoch says.

That's a very circular argument there. Where in the Hebrew Scriptures does it say that Moses was familiar with the Book of Enoch?

Most of the content of the Book of Enoch is dated to between 300 and 100 BC. (Fahlbusch E., Bromiley G.W. The Encyclopedia of Christianity: P–Sh page 411, ISBN 0-8028-2416-1 (2004)) While Moses himself is estimated to have lived around the 1300s BC.

Isn't Moses credited with writing the first 5 books of the Bible? If he wasn't familiar with Enoch, where did he get this?

Genesis 5

21 When Enoch had lived 65 years, he became the father of Methuselah. 22 After he became the father of Methuselah, Enoch walked faithfully with God 300 years and had other sons and daughters. 23 Altogether, Enoch lived a total of 365 years. 24 Enoch walked faithfully with God; then he was no more, because God took him away.

If Moses wasn't aware of Enoch's teachings, why did he write this?

6 Now it came about, when men began to multiply on the face of the land, and daughters were born to them, 2 that the sons of God saw that the daughters of men were [a]beautiful; and they took wives for themselves, whomever they chose. 3 Then the Lord said, “My Spirit shall not strive with man forever, because he also is flesh; nevertheless his days shall be one hundred and twenty years.” 4 The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of men, and they bore children to them. Those were the mighty men who were of old, men of renown.

And then this from the Book of Jubilees

And it came to pass when the children of men began to multiply on the face of the earth and daughters were born unto them, that the angels of God saw them on a certain year of this jubilee, that they were beautiful to look upon; and they took themselves wives of all whom they chose, and they bare unto them sons and they were giants.

How did Jesus read the Book of Enoch and know if it well enough to quote, and also assume that others too knew of the texts, if it hadn't been part of Jewish tradition, recorded and kept by the Essenes, (as well as the Book of Jubilees and Jasher) who claim to have been appointed by Moses, (see Numbers 6)?

Of course Moses was aware of the teachings of Enoch.

Jubilees 4:

And in the eleventh jubilee Jared took to himself a wife, and her name was Baraka, the daughter of Râsûjâl, a daughter of his father's brother, in the fourth week of this jubilee, and she bare him a son in the fifth week, in the fourth year of the jubilee, and he called his name Enoch.
And he was the first among men that are born on earth who learnt writing and knowledge and wisdom and who wrote down the signs of heaven according to the order of their months in a book, that men might know the seasons of the years according to the order of their separate months.
And he was the first to write a testimony and he testified to the sons of men among the generations of the earth, and recounted the weeks of the jubilees, and made known to them the days of the years, and set in order the months and recounted the Sabbaths of the years as we made (them), known to him. And what was and what will be he saw in a vision of his sleep, as it will happen to the children of men throughout their generations until the day of judgment; he saw and understood everything, and wrote his testimony, and placed the testimony on earth for all the children of men and for their generations.
And he was moreover with the angels of God these six jubilees of years, and they showed him everything which is on earth and in the heavens, the rule of the sun, and he wrote down everything.
And he testified to the Watchers, who had sinned with the daughters of men; for these had begun to unite themselves, so as to be defiled, with the daughters of men, and Enoch testified against (them) all.
And he was taken from amongst the children of men

Of course Moses, if he even existed, knew of the Watchers of Enoch. These texts were preserved by the Essenes who themselves claimed to have been appointed by Moses, in Numbers Chapter 6. Its only the Catholic Church who declared these books heretical.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join