It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Fireball wont be last surprise attack...and more...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Ok to start this thread is based on a recent article published by Space.com with the title...
Russian fireball won't be last surprise asteroid attack
That is just so you know I am NOT making any predictions....

Any way it was an interesting article written by Mike Wall which gave some interesting info like,

"Defending the Earth against tiny asteroids such as the one that passed over Siberia and impacted there is a challenging issue that is something that is not currently our goal," Paul Chodas, a scientist with the Near Earth Object Program Office at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Pasadena, Calif., told reporters Friday

And...

Overall, scientists think 1 million or more near-Earth asteroids are lurking out there, and just 9,600 have been identified to date.

as well as some other usefull information and links, only some of which i will type here
on my phone so please read the article, thanks in advance for that.

Anyway your probably wondering why i placed this in a conspiracy forum and not
in a news forum, i will explain. First and foremost my reason is because there has been a LOT of
info put out about the recent incident in russia already and that i not my main point of focus

Within this article is mention of an organization, B612 foundation. Thier website is the link below.
B612 foundation.org
It claims to be a non-profit organization dedicated to hunting down near earth asteroids and
"to protect humanity"

The link I gave is not thier home page but gives some clear and interesting information on who they
how they formed and what thier goals are. There are also some older threads here on ATS in regaurds to some of thier work, one of which i will link to shortly and am surprised it did nor garner much attention.
There is also a page with information on thier sentinal program which i found interesting, though not nearly as
interesting as what caught my attention.

About a third of the way down, in bold print...

We have the technology to deflect asteroids, but…

A rather bold claim i thought at first, but it explained well in he following paragraphs.

In any case that got my gears moving and i thought to myself "if there ever was claim in that reguards...
it MUST be on ATS"...right!?
Sure enough there are several, even one about deflecting asteroids

Earth spacecraft (t-gt) capable of deflecting asteroids
Credit and thanks in advance to cactusjack for posting that info (s&f sir)

“The study confirms that a t-GT spacecraft can determine the orbit of an asteroid accurately enough to assess whether or not it is on an impact course with Earth, even if that course must pass through a relatively small keyhole first. Furthermore, towing operations by such a spacecraft will work with a simple and robust spacecraft design. Finally, the GT towing capability is adequate to assure that an asteroid does not pass through a return keyhole2 whether such threat arises naturally (e.g. Apophis in 2029) or as the result of a preceding Primary deflection impulse.

I simply had to know more so googled it and came up with 2 hits that were relevant.
First was the wiki link, Gravity Tractor
Which can be quoted...

One of the main challenges is how to transmit the impulse required (possibly quite large), to an asteroid of unknown mass, composition, and mechanical strength, without shattering it into fragments, some of which might be themselves dangerous to Earth if left in a collision orbit.

The other link was what i thought was a NASA website but upon clicking the link i had downloaded a file
(Note: not sure how to post it here if someone can tell me i will try)
"D - near-earth object program - NASA" was the document designation i thought was a webpage
link in the google results
It was titled "B612_FINAL_REPORT"... lots of technical terms and such with some interesting findings but within it speaks of some type of "kinetic energy impactor"
The 59 page conclusion of this study was submitted by NASA to this B612 foundation on Sept. 28th 2008

All quite interesting EXCEPT, i can not find anything current about this project any where so.....
edit on 18-2-2013 by RadicalRebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I wouldn't use the sentence surprise attack.

Unless these objects are coming from something that is trying to hurt us?

My thoughts lead me to believe that a large object that most amateur astronomers haven't identified or had never seen may have collided with another object and caused an onslaught of smaller asteroids and meteors and sent them in our direction? If I wake up and see some crazy footage from...Hmm..somewhere in South America, I'd say I was dead on!

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Finally here are my thoughts on this and i am hoping to hear yours as well as any information that can be added.

Given all the strange stories we have been just in the past few days and weeks from around the worl...
I think that nasa went and caused this. I have heard so much about black projects and prophesies
and TPTB controlling everything. How then is it a far jump to conclude that this was either a test of some global space defence system (maybe tptb saved that region from a larger disaster...i.e. the ufo vid blowing up
asteroid...) or perhaps it was a failed asteroid deterent test.
It is not hard to ponder DA14 being a distraction from the larger undetected mass which they tried to blow
or divert somehow and failed.

In addition whats with the doomish warning on the space.com article i linked?
Do they know of more incoming objects and this thier"plausable deniability" when something
worse does happen?

PLUS tptb can easily use these events to further thier supposed agenda of space defence and
alien/bleubeam invasion....
What say you?

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by RadicalRebel

We have the technology to deflect asteroids, but…

All quite interesting EXCEPT, i can not find anything current about this project any where so.....

Probably so, but it must come with the displaimer that humanity "has the technology" to do many things that never happen.
Like... make trains run on time, for starters.

The usual reason such things dont happen is nobody wants to spend the dollars.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by antmax21

I didnt, it was the title of an article posted by Mike Wall of space.com
There was alot more in my post...did you read it?

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Someone is the dough, i mean NASA seemingly did a lot of tests and calculations and time in putting that report together. Plus this B612 foundation is in the midst of this "sentinal program" to launch a sattalite into orbit around the sun..

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   
The "exact thread title" thing only applies to breaking news, and even then, OP can alter a headline if the existing one is misleading.

You can title your thread whatever you want, but if you're referencing an article within your thread, it's common courtesy to supply a link to the article with the title as the clickable text.

Interesting stuff though. Just makes you wonder what humanity would be focused on if meteor impacts were a more pressing reality.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by antmax21

I don't know, 'Surprise Attack' in context about what's zipping around the Cosmos seems pretty accurate, after all, except for very few instances, seems like the Universe is the ultimate killing machine when your talking about snuffing out life, randomly, on a galactic scale !

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof
The "exact thread title" thing only applies to breaking news, and even then, OP can alter a headline if the existing one is misleading.

You can title your thread whatever you want, but if you're referencing an article within your thread, it's common courtesy to supply a link to the article with the title as the clickable text.

Interesting stuff though. Just makes you wonder what humanity would be focused on if meteor impacts were a more pressing reality.

Given the content the existing title was not misleading.
I did
And yes i agree. My guess though is that most people will be focused on exactly
what "they" want them to be...

Edit: just noticed the link i made isnt working but i will try and fix it, sry

Fixed the link , seems yahoo pulled the story but i found the original from space.com.
Shoulda went to the source in the first place, my fault.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by RadicalRebel

Apparently your Prediction has already come true.

METEOR SHOWER OVER FLORIDA reported by Dutch Sinc with Radar Back Up:

www.youtube.com...

Military or Navy - can't remember which, also fired off something as they were incoming!

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by quedup

I live in orlando, been keepin my eyes up since i heard about this (here of course). Been
pretty overcast lately though and i cant say i have seen anything.
Didnt hear anything about military launching anything till this vid though, so thanks for that!

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Did NASA take aim at an asteroid and it broke up and these are the fragments coming down in Russia or Florida?

The Lifeboat foundation with Existential Risk Programs for protecting Earth

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by violet

Russia AND florida, among other places around the world from just the past day or two
While it may just be coincidence there have WAY too many of them recently for me.

Yes i do think they tried, i suppose we may never know if this was a failure or not.

Also thanks for the link! Almost wish i could be there.

Edit: from the link you gave, bottom left, i just have to lol thier "threat level"
I know i should probably take it seriously but cmon...an NPO with thier own threat level...

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Your name fits your thinking and I like it.

Thank you for finding this information.
Please continue your lust for the truth.

This astroid story has been most interesting and refreshing.

I see minds growing and people beginning to believe what we, or others, thought not possible.

Could astroids be the perfect "practice zone" for shooting down enemy ships or what ever else may be coming this way in the future?

Ladies and gentlemen we have an excellent new conspiracy theory.

So many unanswered questions and many more possibilities yet to be brought to light.

Keep thinking...you are doing well with it.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 01:23 AM
link   

While it may just be coincidence there have WAY too many of them recently for me.

I think you may be unaware of how common fireballs actually are.

377 reported in the US this year so far.
2022 last year.

www.amsmeteors.org...

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

I think you may be unaware of how common fireballs actually are.

377 reported in the US this year so far.
2022 last year.

www.amsmeteors.org...

True they happen daily. I've seen a couple myself, but this one that hit Russia was a rare event, no?

The meteor that exploded over Russia Friday was slightly larger than previously thought and more powerful, too, NASA scientists say. The Russian meteor explosion over the city of Chelyabinsk, on Friday (Feb. 15), injured more than 1,000 people and blew out windows across the region in a massive blast captured on cameras by frightened witnesses. Friday afternoon, NASA scientists estimated the meteor was space rock about 50 feet (15 meters) and sparked a blast equivalent of a 300-kiloton explosion. The energy estimate was later increased to 470 kilotons. A meteor seen flying over Russia on Feb. 15 at 3:20: 26 UTC impacted Chelyabinsk. Preliminary information is that this object was unrelated to asteroid 2012 DA14, which made a safe pass by Earth on the same day.

But late Friday, NASA revised its estimates on the size and power of the devastating meteor explosion. The meteor's size is now thought to be slightly larger — about 55 feet (17 m) wide — with the power of the blast estimate of about 500 kilotons, 30 kilotons higher than before, NASA officials said in a statement. [See video of the intense meteor explosion]
. Space.com

edit on 18-2-2013 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by violet

Yes, indeed. But the others, not so much.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

You managed to pluck that single quote out of all i have posted, and only to provide
some arbitrary information?
I can live with that.

Phageinteresting

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by violet

For it size and proximity to a population center, seems like they don't get them like that too often, but think because it happened right at the begining of the work day, and such, that's what makes it so 'rare' is that there was so much video while the incident was in 'progress', but I've seen them a lot to, but the one in Russia, that was SPECTACULAR to say the least! I wonder what it would have looked like if it occured just after night fall! WOW!

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 02:16 AM
link   

It seemed to be a rather important point to you.
I was pointing out that your idea that fireballs are rare events or that they have been reported in unusually high numbers recently is not accurate.

edit on 2/18/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join