It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Road To Guantanamo

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Tuttle

Other Nations do bad things so its ok for America to do them too as even the most ardent supremacist can argue the morality of our nations actions when the evidence against them is so plentiful

No spinmaster go back to your replies you brought that into replay.

By the very fact you cannot even uphold your own defence to any degree when presented with obvious facts only shows you are not sincerely interested in an open forum of debate and only seek to derail a topic that does not quite fit your altogether narrow minded view. I mean lets look at your opening statement shall we?

You must need a reading comprehension test.Look at the bottom of my very first reply.I tried to stay on topic you through tons of dribble to deflect it.

Never mind here is the last line of my first post.

Go back through other terrorist attack's , how long should we have put up with it?

As soon as you replied with that long list of ( Hmmmp) Conquest? you tried to take it off subject.I have given my stance you just won't hear it.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
reply to post by rockymcgilicutty

You can beat around the bush with slippery words and forked tongue. The Geneva Convention was put in place so we could learn from our mistakes.. If you choose to circumnavigate then so be it.. Evidently your nation has not learnt the mistakes of the Second World War.

The Nazis thought they could get away with such discourse until they were convicted at the Nuremberg Trials. President Bush will be arrested for war crimes if he enters certain countries..

I am not a master of deflection more a mirror, showing your own thoughts and thinking.

You can beat around the bush with slippery words and forked tongue

By that I guess you mean facts?. I showed you the geneva convention reg's.

edit on 18-2-2013 by rockymcgilicutty because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Laugh all you want sunshine....It will not make you right or more intelligent. You can take a horse to water. You cannot make it drink. The replies are getting boring and lacking substance. If you want to debate with me. Give me some info..
Why do you think Bush's lawyers advised him to cancel his appointment in Switzerland. Because he was going to get arrested for war crimes.. Now if you think he committed no crimes and you know more than the lawyers get a job as a lawyer. Otherwise it is time to mute yourself and bow out...

Media commentators, legal experts and human rights organizations internationally have rightly accused the Bush administration of brazen hypocrisy in threatening to indict Iraqi leaders as war criminals for displaying American prisoners of war on state television.

www.wsws.org...

Rumsfeld ordered abuses and violation of Geneva Convention in Iraq says former U.S. General

Outgoing U.S. Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld authorised the mistreatment of detainees at Abu Ghraib prison in Iraq, the prison’s former U.S. commander said in an interview on Saturday.

Former U.S. Army Brigadier General Janis Karpinski told Spain’s El Pais newspaper she had seen a letter apparently signed by Rumsfeld which allowed civilian contractors to use techniques such as sleep deprivation during interrogation.

www.globalresearch.ca...

The following is a chronological account of the actions taken by the U.S. Military under the leadership of George W. Bush as Commander-in-Chief which lead to multiple violations of the Geneva convention and U.S. Military Code.

impeachforpeace.org...

The Bush Administration's Stunning Geneva Hypocrisy

Newly released US government documents, detailing how Bush administration officials punched legalistic holes in the Geneva Conventions' protections of war captives, stand in stark contrast to the outrage some of the same officials expressed in the first week of the Iraq war when Iraqi TV interviewed several captured American soldiers.

archive.truthout.org...

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

Here's the post I replied to with INFO.

As I stated now for the second time, the UK is a warring nation. However, this topic is about Guantanamo, it was not created by the British. And is in direct violation of the Geneva Convention. It is a war crime.. I am happy to admit that the UK is a puppet of the US. However, the US is a muppet of the banking elite and it is the US that instigated these wars.

Yet again you can't stay on topic when you are wrong. So your solution to my reply is to change the topic again.

Over and over anyone who read's your replies can see you floping around like a fish in the bottom of a boat.Myself I am getting tired of it, this is like having a discussion with ...........

Now you can send a reply and get the last word in ,if that make's you feel better.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Over and over anyone who read's your replies can see you floping around like a fish in the bottom of a boat.Myself I am getting tired of it, this is like having a discussion with ...........

A pisces.

Star for your effort and witty humour.. Kind regards.

Purp.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by rockymcgilicutty
*snip*

If a creator does exist would you stand before them and recite this propaganda? I doubt it. Maybe you can tell them then you were just joking. It's just a public forum post it's okay to say things I don't even believe. It's funny! LOL dead kids, glass parking lot, lmao what's the big deal?
edit on 18-2-2013 by ezwip because: (no reason given)

Mod Edit: removed quote of actioned post.
edit on 19-2-2013 by GAOTU789 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer

Hello Rocky... Nice list. What would you propose. These attack listed have mainly been carried out by terrorist organisations. Not countries. You cannot very well go around invading countries without a damm good reason. That is in violation of the Geneva Convention. Come to think about torture is a violation of the Geneva Convention too.. It is considered a war crime.

Heck I guess it did not stop the two illegal wars in Afghanistan and Iraq. Why were they attacked oh yes I recollect now.. Because they had nothing what so ever to do with 911...

Do you ever ask yourself why there have been so many attacks on the US over the past years. Do you think it might have something to do with US foreign policy..

Nice picture of the solider too... I have nothing what so ever against the soldiers. They too are victims of war too... War is the same as it has ever been rich people sending poor people to die so they can make more money.... But lets be honest the government of the US is a war making nation... Have a look at the list below and ask why you need to be a state of perpetual war.. I would list CIA operatives but the list would be far too long..

the U.S. were used as bulldogs for the empire (roman and british) expansion program
of the last century. they have now served their purpose and are necessarily being imploded and
systematically destroyed from within. all the incriminating evidence regarding government/military
corruption/complicity in the multitudes of illegal wars, psy-ops and false flags (many faked/hoaxed)
over the last 100+ years has been purposefully strewn around exceedingly liberally; only for it all
to be properly publically collated and understood in it's encompassing context, when the time was deemed right.

the federal reserve charter has ended.
and that time is right about now.

but remember, the best laid plans of mice and men gang aft agley!

edit on 18-2-2013 by OutonaLimb because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by OutonaLimb

the U.S. were used as bulldogs for the empire (roman and british) expansion program of the last century. they have now served their purpose and are necessarily being imploded and systematically destroyed from within. all the incriminating evidence regarding government/military corruption/complicity in the multitudes of illegal wars, psy-ops and false flags (many faked/hoaxed) over the last 100+ years has been purposefully strewn around exceedingly liberally; only for it all to be properly publically collated and understood in it's encompassing context, when the time was deemed right.

I agree with you thatt the US military is one of three heads. The other two being the Vatican and the Corperation of London. These are privately owned entities and fall outside the realms of democracy. I do wonder if the US is now being collapsed and the power keg being moved somewhere else..

I guess time will tell....

kind regards

purp

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
United States of Islam

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Thank you for actually providing facts and not just some biased opinion from others

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   
"I do not in anyway defend Bush Jr, actions in Iraq.But the on the war on terrorism I am a defender of.For year's Jihadist have sought out Westerner's anywhere they could.Now it is pay back time."

Before your rant (that has thankfully been taken off by mods) the OP started a thread about a very specific event; three specific people. OP gave (what looked to me like) a detailed explanation of the timeline of those three men, and how they could not possibly have been guilty of terrorism.

I do not understand what any of your posts have to do with OP's original post. Are you saying that we somehow get our justice/revenge by torturing men who are not terrorists? As long as we get somebody from the middle east, that takes care of it? I won't even get into an argument about torture and its use, but I would think, as someone who so obviously condones it, and who so obviously wants revenge, that you would actually want to get the right people. After all, while we are busy wasting our time on people who aren't terrorists, that means the ones who are, are getting away. You are not getting your revenge on them that you so desparately desire. Have you not thought of that?

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Thanks, OP, for bringing this story to the attention of those of us who were not aware of it. Our species is beyond redemption, or enlightenment, I think.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vaedur
We are Carnivores. Killing is what we do best. "We" kill "Them" and "They" kill "Us". It doesn't matter what BS reason, it's what we do.

No use crying over it, we will always kill each other, until no one is left to kill.

I really take offense at being considered the same as those that send the working class to war for their capitalist interests.

I have never invaded someone else's place in order to install authority compliant with my economic agenda, and I never will, or want to. I have never set out to profit from another. I am not a carnivore, I am a herbivore, and if you were to check I think you'd find you are not a carnivore either.

As for the OP, this should open peoples eyes to the fact that authority is authority, whether it flies the stars and bars, or the hammer and sickle, it is violent and only serves one purpose. Control of resources for private economic gain. These, like most of them before, are the wars of the privateers, legally state sanctioned piracy. Because the capitalist class control the state through their economic power. Mainstream politics is a smokescreen.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Lol 4 pages and half the replies are rocky spamming off-topic posts.

Anyway, S&F for the informative video.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I'm sorry but the only thing I'm pi**ed off about is the fact that they were released. I come across far too many of these so called victims of the war on terror, I do believe the war is BS, but believe me a lot of these people have an agenda that with or without the war on terror, they intend achieving. That's not from media sources or BS stories I've heard, that's from first hand experience. So these people can plead all kinds of rubbish, to me, it doesn't mean anything as long as they were held up there and not free to roam British streets, claiming to be British when it simply suited them. Now that they are free, well that's just another three individuals that need to be monitored, oh F'ing joy!

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by mekhanics

They aren't British. Just to correct the OP there.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Thank you to those who've watched the documentary and placed your own opinion !

let me add another great video ..

edit on 19-2-2013 by mekhanics because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
+S&F

This is an important video, hopefully US citizens will see the lie they are being sold to justify their enslavement.

The John Pilger documentary linked immediately above is also essential viewing.

Originally posted by Morg234
reply to post by mekhanics

They aren't British. Just to correct the OP there.

This is a blatant lie.

All three are British Citizens.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 19-2-2013 by squarehead666 because: content

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join