It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Road To Guantanamo

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+77 more 
posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   

DOCUMENTARY

"The Road to Guantanamo" tells the story of "The Tipton Three", three young British men who were held in U.S. custody for 2 years, first in Afghanistan and later in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, accused of being supporters of Al Qaeda. Asif Iqbal, Ruhel Ahmed, and Shafiq Rasul had traveled to Pakistan for Asif's wedding. On a lark, the group foolishly took a trip to Afghanistan at the worst possible time: October 2001, when the United States invaded Afghanistan following the attacks of September 11. Caught in the bloody melee of bombings and Taliban resistance, the men ended up among Taliban fighters as they tried to return to Pakistan. The threesome were arrested by the Northern Alliance, which turned them over to the U.S. military. Initially relieved to be in U.S. custody, they soon found that the Americans were determined to find them guilty of being jihadists. And if evidence was lacking, their captors were willing to coerce confessions.

The story is told through interviews with Asif, Ruhel, and Shafiq and through re-enactments of their experiences, where the men are played by actors. Michael Winterbottom directed this film, which initially struck me as not being as polished as his fiction films. But, upon reflection, the recreations of the bloodshed in Afghanistan and life for the prisoners at Guantanamo Bay are fairly meticulous and expert. Winterbottom undoubtedly did not want to give the impression of polish or contrivance, but of immediacy and realism in depicting the ordeal these three men suffered. The men were imprisoned at Guantanamo Bay from January 2002 to March 2004, first at "Camp X-Ray" and then at "Camp Delta". I'm inclined to believe their accounts of their experiences there, as the descriptions are similar to those related by other former Guantanamo and "black site" detainees.

The men were tortured, deprived of sleep, and, for months, not allowed to stand or walk more than 5 minutes per week. This is not news, though this film offers more detail of the treatment of detainees. The strategies and apparent motivations of the American interrogators might be more damning. Military officers charged with finding "bad people" and eliciting information are under a lot of pressure to produce results. So they pass even unlikely culprits up the chain of command, until the prisoners get to Guantanamo Bay, by which time it should be painfully obvious that they don't possess useful information. Asking the same question for 2 years is unlikely to produce a different answer. In a pitiful effort to find "The Tipton Three" guilty of something, the U.S. claimed to have photographs placing them at an Al Qaeda rally in Afghanistan in 2000, a time for which the men had easily verifiable alibis. But that didn't stop their captors from torturing a confession out of them.

Duration: 1:29:43

Excellent Documentary , worth the watch.
edit on 17-2-2013 by mekhanics because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   

+14 more 
posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by rockymcgilicutty

Please tell me your post was a joke/sarcasm...

What evidence do you have proving who attacked you on 911?

Evidence clearly indicates that it was an inside job.

Ty for posting OP I will watch this later.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Say "sarcasm was included but no one got it" or give your avatar back! The Dude would not abide by that!

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 06:26 AM
link   

*snip*

4.00 very simulated look to the video quality.
7.00 something very strange about this jumpers fall. the sizing aspects are all wrong.
7.20 timing is out for when the hole in the canopy should appear and when it does.
debris is absent on the stage following the fall.

9/11 was a fakery extravaganza.
www.septemberclues.com
www.cluesforum.com

Mod edit: removed quote of actioned post..
edit on 19-2-2013 by GAOTU789 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

Go back through other terrorist attack's , how long should we have put up with it?

I thought you would show up.The following is a list of other attacks that we didn;t do much about.Now go back and claim all these were false flag's.Or better yet justifie them.How about you get your head's out of you a$$es and see the big picture?When you are attacked you fight back or crawl, we fight back and couldn't give a hoot about your opinion's.

1983 bombing of U.S Embassy Beirut.
1983 bombing of marine barracks Beirut
1983 bombing of U.S embassy Kuwait
1984 kidnap torture of Willian F Buckley died after 15 months of torture
1984 bombing of restaurant near air force base spain
1984 bombing of U.S embassy annex Beirut
1984 Hijacking of Kuwait flight 221 to Iran 2 American'a murdered
1985 highjacking of TWA 874 American Murdered and dumped on tarmac
1985 hijacking of Achille Lauro wheel chair bound American thrown overboard and killed
1985 bombing of Vienna and Rome airports 5 americans among dead
1986 bombing of La Belle disco Berlin
1988 Kidnapping torture, and murder of Lt Col William Higgins, while serving for U.N peacekeppers Lebanon
1988 Bombing of Pan Am 103 Lockerbie hundreds murdered
1992 bombing of Hotel Aden Yemen target Marine peacekeppers
1993 first bombing of world trade center
1993 Foiled N.Y Landmark Plot to blow up Holland and Lincoln tunnels
1993 Attempted Assassination of Bush Sr. Kuwait
1994 plot to assassinate Clinton in Philippines
1995 failed project Bojinka Ramzi Yousef plot to blow up u.s airplanes over Pacific
1995 bombing of U.S Military headquarters Riyadh (bin laden)
1996 bombing Khobar Towers Saudi Arabia (bin laden)
1998 bombing U.S Nairobia embassy (bin laden)
1998 bombing U.s Dar es Salaam embassy ( bin laden)
2000 Bombing Uss Cole Yemen (bin laden)
2000 Bombing ferguson plaza Philippines and four other locations Manila.

This isn't a full list of attack's just some against Americans.Why don;t we hear about these.The road to Guantanmo started a very long time ago.

I do not in anyway defend Bush Jr, actions in Iraq.But the on the war on terrorism I am a defender of.For year's Jihadist have sought out Westerner's anywhere they could.Now it is pay back time.

They know what is going on if they chose to hide among innocents as a shield so be it.I have no regret's because they have been attacking innocents for years.

BTW nice probaganda pic's here is one you missed of the Evil American Soldier.

edit on 18-2-2013 by rockymcgilicutty because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by mekhanics

Cool thanks for the video!

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManFromEurope

Say "sarcasm was included but no one got it" or give your avatar back! The Dude would not abide by that!
Star for you, bro. I was hoping that was sarcasm, but knowing this guy's previous posts, I quickly realized his delusion is for real. And I totally agree, he should definitely change that avatar....The Dude would not approve.

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Was in retaliation for the U.S shelling Lebanese civilians and the massacre of thousands of Palestinian refugees at the hands of Lebanese Phalanges Party, a Nazi Christian organization, supported, at the time, by America and Israel.

Suspected to have been carried out by Iran in retaliation against America and France for there support of Iraq during the Iran-Iraq war.

William F Buckley was a CIA spy in Beirut in 1984......do I really need to explain why he was kidnapped?

Pretty much every other example is the same, but then you probably think these things happen because they hate your freedom right?

LOL this has to be my favorite example, you do realise about a week before this happened the U.S shot down an Iranian passenger plane full of civilians right?

Surely it was nothing to do with that AT ALL right?, they probably do just hate your freedom lol. Your quite a scary person to be honest if thats what you actualy believe.
edit on 18-2-2013 by Tuttle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tuttle

Was in retaliation for the U.S shelling Lebanese civilians and the massacre of thousands of Palestinian refugees at the hands of Lebanese Phalanges Party, a Nazi Christian organization, supported, at the time, by America and Israel.

Suspected to have been carried out by Iran in retaliation against America and France for there support of Iraq during the Iran-Iraq war.

William F Buckley was a CIA spy in Beirut in 1984......do I really need to explain why he was kidnapped?

Pretty much every other example is the same, but then you probably think these things happen because they hate your freedom right?

LOL this has to be my favorite example, you do realise about a week before this happened the U.S shot down an Iranian passenger plane full of civilians right?

Surely it was nothing to do with that AT ALL right?, they probably do just hate your freedom lol. Your quite a scary person to be honest if thats what you actualy believe.

Was in retaliation for the U.S shelling Lebanese civilians and the massacre of thousands of Palestinian refugees at the hands of Lebanese Phalanges Party, a Nazi Christian organization, supported, at the time, by America and Israel

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tuttle

Was in retaliation for the U.S shelling Lebanese civilians and the massacre of thousands of Palestinian refugees at the hands of Lebanese Phalanges Party, a Nazi Christian organization, supported, at the time, by America and Israel

The shelling was in retaliation to sniping on peace kepping forces.Sent there to stop the conflict with Israel.Peace kepping forces can only retaliate with force after being fired upon.

Suspected to have been carried out by Iran in retaliation against America and France for there support of Iraq during the Iran-Iraq war

Key word in your reply SUSPECTED.

Regardless of the circumstance , who was treated better Buckly or prisoners a Guantanamo.

LOL this has to be my favorite example, you do realise about a week before this happened the U.S shot down an Iranian passenger plane full of civilians right

The mere reason you can laugh at this show's what a fool you truely are.If you believe a operation like that can be mounted in 5 days.There is no reason for further disscussion because you have no idea what you are talking about.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by poloblack

Oh yea?

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   

The following is a list of other attacks that we didn;t do much about.Now go back and claim all these were false flag's.

You conveniently left one off your list...

1967~USS Liberty attacked by Israel.

You are totally missing the bigger picture.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

The following is a list of other attacks that we didn;t do much about.Now go back and claim all these were false flag's.

You conveniently left one off your list...

1967~USS Liberty attacked by Israel.

You are totally missing the bigger picture.

Did I defend Israel at any point in my post? Nice try at deflection.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Here is who you are supporting,notice he mention's Spain ,Italy ,and the E.U also. You are all traitor's,or don't have a clue what jihad is.

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Key word in your reply SUSPECTED.

Suspected to have been carried out by Iran.

However the act itself is most certainly directly attributed to both America and France's involvement in supporting Saddam Hussein during the Iran-Iraq war.

That was also the same war America decided it would be a smart idea to sell lots of chemical weapons to Saddam Hussein.

America has literaly been responsible for the deaths of millions of people, mostly civilians, overseas, during its conquest of the planet, even stupid people can understand this, sure they rationalise it in many doublethink sort off ways, but they still take on board America has made itself an enemy for many for one reason.

Now why do you think people attack America?, because they hate your freedom?

Just to help put it in perspective here is a quick list of American military conquest for the last 60 years.

China - 1945 to 1960
Italy - 1947-1948
Greece - 1947 to early 1950s
The Philippines - 1940s and 1950s
Korea - 1945-1953
Albania - 1949-1953
Eastern Europe - 1948-1956
Germany - 1950s
Iran - 1953
Guatemala - 1953-1954
Costa Rica - Mid-1950s
Syria - 1956-1957
Middle East - 1957-1958
Indonesia - 1957-1958
Western Europe - 1950s and 1960s
British Guiana - 1953-1964
Soviet Union - Late 1940s to 1960s
Italy - 1950s to 1970s
Vietnam - 1950-1973
Cambodia - 1955-1973
Laos - 1957-1973
Haiti - 1959-1963
Guatemala - 1960
France/Algeria - 1960s
Ecuador - 1960-1963
The Congo - 1960-1964
Brazil - 1961-1964
Peru - 1960-1965
Dominican Republic - 1960-1966
Cuba - 1959 to 1980s
Indonesia - 1965
Ghana - 1966
Uruguay - 1964-1970
Chile - 1964-1973
Greece - 1964-1974
Bolivia - 1964-1975
Guatemala - 1962 to 1980
Costa Rica - 1970-1971
Iraq - 1972-1975
Australia - 1973-1975
Angola - 1975 to 1980s
Zaire - 1975-1978
Jamaica - 1976-1980
Seychelles - 1979-1981
Grenada - 1979-1984
Morocco - 1983
Suriname - 1982-1984
Libya - 1981-1989
Nicaragua - 1981-1990
Panama - 1969-1991
Bulgaria 1990/Albania 1991
Iraq - 1990-1991
Afghanistan - 1979-1992
El Salvador - 1980-1994
Haiti - 1986-1994

And you wonder why people seek to attack America LOL.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Tuttle

What a load of crap, just because you write it down doesn't make it true.

I will just pick a couple out from memory.

Korea - 1945-1953

Was a u.n sponered police action forces included U.K, Australia,Turkey to name a few.

The Philippines - 1940s and 1950s

The Philippines were a U.S territory since the 1900's.

Eastern Europe - 1948-1956

Where do you get your data?the Soviet's were there after WW2 1945

Soviet Union - Late 1940s to 1960s

Exactly when did we defeat the U.S.S.R?

Australia - 1973-1975

I would also like to know when the conquest of Australia happened?

If you really want to look back at evil empires. you should look back at the British.Never has any country so dominated and enslaved,murdered the people of the world.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by rockymcgilicutty
reply to post by poloblack

Oh yea?

Nice try, but a 5second soundbyte won't cut it...and that was purely out of context. Sorry, but the dude is nothing like you, no offense.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Hello Rocky... Nice list. What would you propose. These attack listed have mainly been carried out by terrorist organisations. Not countries. You cannot very well go around invading countries without a damm good reason. That is in violation of the Geneva Convention. Come to think about torture is a violation of the Geneva Convention too.. It is considered a war crime.

Heck I guess it did not stop the two illegal wars in Afghanistan and Iraq. Why were they attacked oh yes I recollect now.. Because they had nothing what so ever to do with 911...

Do you ever ask yourself why there have been so many attacks on the US over the past years. Do you think it might have something to do with US foreign policy..

Nice picture of the solider too... I have nothing what so ever against the soldiers. They too are victims of war too... War is the same as it has ever been rich people sending poor people to die so they can make more money.... But lets be honest the government of the US is a war making nation... Have a look at the list below and ask why you need to be a state of perpetual war.. I would list CIA operatives but the list would be far too long..

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join